Bill ascends on 'True Blood' finale
August 27th, 2012

Bill ascends on 'True Blood' finale

[This post contains spoilers for the August 26 season finale of HBO's "True Blood."]

On Sunday's season finale of "True Blood," every storyline intersected and reached a satisfying conclusion.

Just kidding!

Just as Russell was about to attack the fairies, Eric flew in and staked him, finally killing him. So I guess Russell wasn’t Warlow? Though after all that build-up, Warlow never appeared.

Nora was entranced by Sookie’s scent, but Eric made her promise not to eat his favorite waitress. Aw!

At Fangtasia, Tara told Eric and Nora that Pam had been taken to the Authority. So they went to Sookie’s house and asked her to try to snap Bill out of his Lilith-induced trance. Jason insisted he accompany them, though he didn’t reveal he was motivated by visions of his parents telling him to kill vampires.

While they headed toward the Authority, Bill raised hell within. When Sam was served to Bill for breakfast, he tried to appeal to his former acquaintance’s dead heart, pleading for Emma’s release. But Bill didn’t care, and Sam shifted into a fly and zoomed away. Furious, Bill told his staff to kill every creature in the building.

Bill realized that, like Kibwe, Salome also thought she was the chosen one. So he told her that Lilith had chosen him to protect the one true prophet.

Later, Salome drank Lilith’s blood, but Bill had swapped it with silver-laced blood. Just before he staked his paramour, Salome told Bill that Lilith had chosen right. (With that haircut? I disagree.)

Back in Bon Temps, Lafayette was cutting loose at Merlotte’s with Arlene, Holly and some Cajun margaritas. But their fun was interrupted when Andy and Maurella walked in. He finally came clean to Holly just as Maurella went into labor.

Maurella lay on the pool table screaming - with pleasure. Holly helped her deliver as Lala and Arlene provided commentary. Asked Arlene, “Who knew watching an alien give birth would be so comforting?”

“It’s always the weirdest stuff that’s the best,” Lala responded.

Holly delivered a little girl … and then three more babies. Maurella hopped up, fresh as ever, and told Andy it was his responsibility to ensure at least half of the children lived to adulthood. In Bon Temps, that will be a challenge.

Oh, and we finally know what that fire monster storyline had to do with the rest of the show! Absolutely nothing.

Alcide was at his father’s house when Martha rolled up. Rikki was in the backseat, high as can be after JD forced the pack to drink V. Alcide’s father gave him potent V to help him defeat JD.

Alcide burst into the pack’s campsite looking like Rambo and raging like Jean Claude Van Damme at a red carpet premiere. He snapped JD’s neck and took over as packmaster.

Just then, Luna may have been exposing Alcide’s kind to the world. She skinwalked as Steve Newlin and rescued Emma from her cage. But Rosalyn spotted “Steve,” and forced “him” onto live TV. Luna involuntarily shifted back on air. Rosalyn was about to kill her, but Sam flew into her mouth in fly form, then shifted, providing us with the coolest vampire death of the season.

Then, Luna slumped down. Is she really dead this time?

Elsewhere in the Authority, Jason also channeled Rambo, dispatching every guard in sight.

Tara and Sookie headed down to the prison. Tara tore open Pam’s cell door, burning her hand on the silver handle, and kissed her maker. “I knew it!” Jessica (and I) exclaimed. I never thought I’d like Tara again, but I think she and Pam could make a great power couple.

Finally, Eric and Sookie went to talk some sense into Bill. But he wouldn’t listen, and called Sookie an abomination. “I told you the first night we met, vampires often turn on those they love the most.” What a dillweed!

Bill guzzled his vile of Lilith and dissolved into a puddle of blood. As Sookie sobbed into Eric’s arms, Bill rose from the blood as Lilith had before. So I guess Bill’s the vampire God now?

This episode didn’t feel like a finale because so many threads were left hanging. But I thought this more vampire-centric season was a vast improvement on the last. I’d still like to more see focus on the main characters and more cohesion throughout the show, but ADD storytelling has become as much of a “True Blood” hallmark as wild, bloody sex scenes. The show is pure entertainment, and as long as it remains good campy fun, I’ll be watching.

What did you think of the season finale, and of this season as a whole?

Post by:
Filed under: television • True Blood • TV recaps

1. jharel

The story's a complete mess, random and incoherent. It feels like the writers ran out of ideas and went hog wild out of desperation. How could they rescue this trainwreck now, that's what I want to find out.

January 31, 2013 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  2. GaPeach

I agree that this eason was not the best TB. However, I will be waiting for the next. Still better TV that 90% of the other crap they show. I want to see more Sookie and Eric!!!!

September 11, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. joehandy

Hey! Anna! Mitt isn't gonna be President this year...So...Bring on all the LGBT folks possible you redneck of the female dog persuasion!

September 9, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. joehandy

I thought it was great! There are-so many-people that go on wensites bashing television shows they watch RELIGIOUSLY...Hey...If it sucks that bad, quit watching. Save yourself and OTHERS the pain of having to read your posts. Sounds like a good deal to me.

September 9, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Amy

I used to be a huge TB fan. A few weeks ago I turned off the tv 3/4 of the way through an episode and went to bed. I was completely bored. The next day I called my cable company and had my HBO service turned off. After reading this article, it would seem I made the right choice.

September 9, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  6. Melissa

I can't believe how much this season has sucked. WTH are these writers DOING?? Who the hell cares about the authority? I'm all for branching out from the book, and creating new twists and all...but this is ridiculous. They made all the cool characters retarded (Pam, Sookie, Sam)...and all the minor characters (Tara, Jason, LaFayette) into these huge people. Tara is the WORST character in TB. I cannot stand her. She cannot act to save her life. She's always in ANGRY mode. I actually cheered when she got shot last season! And now she's a VAMPIRE?! And PAM...What happened to her coolness?? Gone. All gone. And Jason...WHY ISN'T HE A WEREPANTHER?! The ONE cool thing about Jason..and the ONE thing that makes him grow up a bit...and they kill it. Wierd Fairies having babies, Eric has a "sister", and Bill went crazy. Riiiight. This season has been so lame. The smoke monster was the worst...and Alcide shoulda kicked butt some time ago. I'm so done w/ this show. I'm sorry Charlaine, you may like how " fun" Alan Ball has made your books...but his staff sucks.

September 4, 2012 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
    • anonymous

Amen sister! I have been trying to hold onto this show for as long as possible, hoping that it would become entertaining as it had once been in the past. Now, it seems as if the writers are trying to grasp at straws, hoping for something remotely interesting, but only leaving us with banal, hokey BS, that I often find myself wanting to wipe my rear with this show... Oh well, at least there's American Horror Story.

September 9, 2012 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  7. dashi

The finale was underwhelming, I keep thinking the seasons not over! The smoke monster plotline was pointless. I wonder if there are more "sups" to be introduced? Pam has really become an interesting character, and her master/slave relationship with undead Tara looks promising. Power couple indeed. I cheered when Edgington was staked, but they should have drawn it out a little more for such a persistent character and done in Newlin at the same time. Who the F is Warlow? and why do i think Compton will be redeemed with in two episodes of the next season? It's still entertaining, but it could be more relate-able to us poor mortals.

September 1, 2012 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  8. mb

I have watched TB since the beginning, and this season I came very close to leaving the show behind. The last few shows were real good, but, that's not enough. Certain actors are standouts and always nice to watch – Russell, Pam, Eric, Lafayette. Every show had at least a few "moments". But, Hated the werewolf storyline, Hoyt's, Fairies, Shifters, Lafayette's, the smoke monster was the worst – Lost just did it, how unoriginal at this point!, and the storyline no good anyway. The show started out with such a great premise that drew me in – vampire civil rights, Sookie mind reading bothering her. But it has degenerated into lousy and completely unbelievable and just lousy story writing. That's what I think. I'll tune in at the start of next season, but if it is just totally ridiculous plotlines you cannot relate to, probably will leave it behind.

August 31, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. CS

Okay, season over...whole year to wait. Now on to The Walking Dead starting in October!

August 30, 2012 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  10. Kelly

Loved it! Looking forward to next season!

August 29, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. johnrebchook

The show is far superior to the books.

August 28, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • edgybutsoft

i have (on and off) enjoyed the tv show but the books, IMO, suck. I have tried, numerously, to read the books and they bore me. I have loved the tv show from the start but they lost me when they went on the tv evangelistic anti-vampire kick. There's too much of that hate crap for people who don't fit in, for me for any reason to want to watch that sort of chit...

September 4, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ron B

The show used to be fun but now it's nothing but rediculas scenes of blood flyng everywhere..... I will stop watching since all they show is people being ripped apart...

August 28, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • canadaeh

Ron B, its True Blood, Not Twilight. Its about grown up Vampires, not twinkling ones who brood and fall in love and live happily ever after.

August 29, 2012 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  13. Fantastic!

fantastic show

August 28, 2012 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  14. hips

time to get off the computer and get ready for fall

August 28, 2012 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
  15. i could care less...i will not do anything

didn't this person(s) realize there is nothing on there...i responded to the letters because i knew what was going to happen next..

it has no self esteem whatsoever....time to move on again....

August 28, 2012 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
  16. yougothacked

You mad bro?

August 28, 2012 at 3:56 am | Report abuse |
  17. GOTCHA

someone did read them...but i dont care...I OWN 2 MORE...JERK

August 28, 2012 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  18. SOMEBODY READ 50 ADVERTISMENT EMAILS

WE ARE RUNNING A FULLY INVESTIGATION INTO THE IP ADDRESS... AND NOW WHOEVER IT IS WILL GO ON ABUSE CHARGES.

August 28, 2012 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  19. SOMEBODY READ 50 OF MY

ADVERTISMENTS ON EMAIL? WE WILL NOT OFFICALLY PUT FOCUS ON THIS AND THIS PERSON
    WILL HAVE TO PAYNOW...

GET OFF THE IP OR I WILL HAVE TO SUE YOU

August 28, 2012 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  20. INVESTIGATION

SOMEONE IS IN MY COMPUTER OFFICIALLY.. GET OUT OF MY HOTMAIL OR Y OU WILL RESPONSIBLE
    YOU ARE INFORMATION AND YOU WILL PAY THE CONSQUENCES...I AM SPEAKING WITH HOTMAIL
    RIGHT NOW

August 28, 2012 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  21. Steve

I thought this season was another failure. It has departed so far from the book, only the characters' names remain. While I realize the actors playing Russell Edgington and Steve Newlin wanted to return to the show, their return served only to muddle plot lines and take time away from main characters. True Blood started to seriously tank at the conclusion of Season 3. The show needs to refocus on the main characters with the thought-provoking, creative plot lines similar to Season 2. Unless it can return to that creative writing, it will just become an also ran like Desperate Housewives did.

August 27, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

I'm happy that it's not like the books, how boring would that be? It would be pointless to watch because you'd know everthing that was happening. That doesn't exactly make for riveting television. Enjoy going back to boring, predictable TV shows!

August 29, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Jack

Everyone is cordially invited to visit – thestarofkaduri.com

August 27, 2012 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  23. email interferences...

will know soon.

August 27, 2012 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  24. oingo boingo

who cares...

August 27, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Elise

I may be in the minority here, but I think this show really slid downhill after the first couple of seasons. Season 1 was phenomenal. Season 2 was good. After that, meh. I read the books, they were great until recently. I don't have a problem with the show veering from the books because 1) they have more characters (actors) that the audience is involved with and they need something to do and 2) Charlaine Harris destroyed her own series in the last 3 books or so anyway. They're now worse than the show.

In my opinion, it's that the characters are no longer consistent. Yeah, people can change, but some of these characters no longer remotely resemble the personalities they started out with. Sookie murdering in cold blood? Not her at all, no matter how angry. At least in the books, it's clear self defense. Bill totally forgetting the humanity that has meant so much to him, literally forming his character, as well as his love for Sookie, which was deep and real. Now it's like "Poof! She's an abomination and I'm a crazed evil tyrant." Tara no longer has any direction at all. Sam goes from down home good guy to total creep and back again. And Hoyt? Dear God, Hoyt. The list goes on. I'm waiting to see what will drive Jessica to become a total evil bit**, and how Lafayette will stop caring about anyone important to him. There are just so few characters I truly care about any more. They've all become hollow and meaningless. Bleah. Too bad, it was a great show when it started. Now it's just a circus act that people will watch to see who falls to their gory death from the trapeze next season.

August 27, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kathy

I agree with you the first two seasons were really great but it started going downhill after that. I didn't like the witch season. The only thing I liked about it was Eric and Sookie getting together. I'm for team Eric and Sookie forever. The only thing I can figure out is that they are constantly changing writers and directors. If that is the case I wish they would get the writers and director back that had the first season. I like all the books but I'm ok with the show going in different directions. I just hope they get it together because it used to be my favorite show. I waited for Sunday Nights and had the DVR programed just in case. By the way does anyone know when the next season starts?

August 27, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Well I totally agree with you. I absolutely loved this show when it first aired, I even stayed on board through the second season and into the third but that was it for me. I continue to watch only because I want to see it all end and was truly hoping that this would be the last season.

August 28, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

@Kathy where are you getting your information? The show has had the same writers and director since season 1. The only person who has left is Alan Ball and hejust left after this season. He'll stay on as executive producer but he won't be the showrunner anymore.

August 29, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Another Year?

I can't believe we have to wait a whole year to see how the plot lines end up. I love the show but agree it has gone downhill the last couple seasons. I love all the little subplots but they really needed to wrap it more before they ended the season. Did anyone else hear Rikki's name mentioned in any of the other episodes this seasons. I was thinking that she was Jannalyn from the book series and kept waiting for them to mention her name but never caught it until the final episode.

August 27, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Naked

they should use that story line.

August 27, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  28. TJ

I don't watch this show so I don't know if Christopher Meloni's charcter is mentioned above, but all I ever hear about is the other actors on the show and never about Meloni. It's a shame that he left a popular show like SVU only to work on a show that barely even mentions his name.

August 27, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • WL

TJ: Meloni was killed off in a vampire "revolution" about 4 or 5 weeks ago. That's why you aren't hearing about him in the finale.

August 27, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kathy

Christopher Meloni is not on the show anymore. I think he was only on 4 or 5 episodes and they killed him off. Too bad I liked him.

August 27, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  29. raina

LOL @ Bilith

August 27, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Lynne

I love the fact that Eric can to rescue Sookie first,it shows how deep is love is for her. Eric is so loyal to the people her loves. I wished they had not left off with Billith. The plot has been overused. I would like to a larger r storyline with the faires next year and less subplots.

August 27, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  31. samsluv

Did Sam ever have clothes on this season?! Being on HBO c'mon guys, stop being so bashful..the naked ladies have shown you up! And Bill, er Bilith,...lets hope they really use that story line. Biggest disappointment? Christopher Meloni's wasted character.

August 27, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Rich

I enjoyed the finale a lot. I see a lot of people complaining about the ADD story telling but I personally enjoy learning about the other characters just as much as the main ones. Hopefully everything will tie together nicely in the future.

August 27, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  33. N4matishun

I hope that Season Six will be ditched. Really, it's just embarrassing to watch now. Since Hudis has taken over (beginning season 4), TB has just gone downhill faster than ice in July. Tara is the worst character on there and now she is lesbian. Yeah, like she woke up one day and said, Hm.mm, I like girls now...........Plus her performance is HORRIBLE. Let's see trembling lip angry, trembling lip scared, trembling lip crazy freakout. Crazy eyes, my feelings are hurt, crazy eyes, I am now a fierce vampire, Crazy Eyes, I am angry. Oh PLEASE, kill her already. So disappointed.....

August 27, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • jesse

Do you even watch the show? Tara had a lesbian lover a season or so back and she was pretty fine looking. I do agree she is a horrible actor though.

August 27, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Crys

I LOVED the season finale...it was exciting and left me wanting more. Curious to see where Bill and Jason's characters are headed since they are both doing a 180 from the sweethearts they were before. I was SO betting on Pam and Tara together and glad it happened. Sam did have the best vamp kill, possibly ever. I wish they would do more with LaFayette and with Alcide, Papa Wolf, and the pack. I'm so over Nora. Glad to see the rest of the Authority go. Sad to see Russell meet his demise, he was fun. I wonder what will become of the Rev now....It's funny reading the comments about people mad that they are not following the books....I'm actually glad they are veering off on a different path...I don't get bored because I really don't know what will come next. Gonna be sad to see Allan Ball go...

August 27, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  35. whatawhirled

"Bill guzzled his vile of Lilith and dissolved into a puddle of blood."
    I'm sure it tasted vile, but the word is vial.

August 27, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Ex-fan

I couldn't care less – last season sucked (they turned Pam into a whimp!) and I haven't watched since. But I've read enough to know that they should stop calling it "based on the Sookie Stackhouse" novels and own up to how blatantly they ignore those storylines in favor of STEALING from Anita Blake.

August 27, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • jesse

Even though I still enjoy parts of the show HBO sold out to the liberal agenda years ago and now they only promote what the loudest viewers ask for, which is gay story line and pop culture silliness.

August 27, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  37. mermaid57

Thank you for reminding me why I stopped watching this mess two seasons ago....sounds like DRECK to me!

August 27, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

I for one think this show is horrible and is officially one of the worst that HBO has ever had. I loved the first season, liked the second, enjoyed Russell in the third and hated everything else about it. Their are too many boring stories now, the characters seemed to have forgotten how to act, and it just has the feel of a corny ABC TV show at this point. I never stop watching a series early but this one I must say I will have to skip if they don't cancel it after next season. Please go back to the way you wrote season one, one main story that everyone kinda fits into all while actually developing a relationship between the characters and your audience.

August 27, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

It is and I wish that I stopped watching after season 2.

August 28, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  38. india

OMG!! Love the finale! Bill is off the hook and Tara yep I knew it too! Lafayette needs a bigger part he above all makes the show entertaining and worth while! Great show can't wait till next season!!

August 27, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Lizzy

What a bloodbath! It was shocking how many vampires bit the dust in the finale. But Sam’s kill had to be the best in the history of True Blood. It seemed like everyone upped their game in this episode, and it didn’t disappoint. My job at Dish requires that I work late, so I have been watching this season with my Hopper. The 2,000 hours of recording space are perfect for my busy schedule. I was shocked when it looked like Bill was a goner, but am excited for the prospect of him being the new bad guy for next season. Though with Warlow also in the mix, I see a conflict on the horizon, for Vampire God Bill.

August 27, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  40. mex

the show is wonderful yet simple

August 27, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Faith

Great Finale but the Fairies made this season a bit cheesy .

August 27, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Buck

did anyone see the deleted and extended scenes at one time.

August 27, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

I did It was a LGBT orjey. Fairies and lesbians were everywhere. Hopefully Mitt will be president before next season and this kind of rubbish won't be on the air.

August 27, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  43. still watching

did anyone else see the deleted scene. Lot of questions answered there.

August 27, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  44. still watching

did anyone else see the extended scene. I did. it was awesome. Jason is going bat*** and Nora knows about Warlow. What?

August 27, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ish

I'm leaning towards thinking that Warlow might have been Godrick's maker...

August 29, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  45. WDG

Loved the finale!! I have no idea how everything is going to come together next season but that's the whole point of a season finale..so you'll want to come back.

I haven't read any of the books so I have no idea if this is true but just a theory I have about Luna...is she pregnant?

August 27, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Miley

Me too. I think the fairies were a little light in the loafers. They really should have offered tommy cruise a role.

August 27, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  47. POLARBEXAR

OF COURSE EVERYTHING WASNT ANSWERED! ITS A SEASON FINALE THERE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LOOSE ENDS TO MAKE YOU COME BACK AND WATCH NEXT SEASON!!!!!! People are just too used to TB wrapping everything up on the final episode of the season which I think was a fatal flaw of past seasons, story lines came to a close too quick....but thats just IMO.

August 27, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Diva2U

What seasons were u watching? They have not always wrapped up all loose ends each season..Recall last season, Tara was shot in the very last scene, we had NO idea what happened next, I believe it was end of season 2 where Bill had just proposed and then was taken while Sookie was in the bathroom, we had NO idea what happened until the opening of season 3....

August 27, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Miley

I thought the fairies were kind of gay.

August 27, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  49. TheManBehindTheCurtain

My thoughts:

1) Bill + Lilith = Billith, the new big bad for next season. :) Of course the big bad guys only last a season so I guess his part will be over soon unless they pull a major stunt to return him back the way he was.

2) Men covered in blood seems to be this season finally speciaility (although Eric was not completely covered, he almost was.)

3) I think they did the fire monster in order for Arlene's husband to have a clear head and a more major role for next season. I'm sure he and Arlene will be helping out alot with those 4 baby girls. The real question is, will they all have fairy powers.

4) Sorry to see Russel go, he was a great bad guy. However, True Blood has never been shy about killing off non-main character.

5) Hopefully the whole Worlow and BIllith storylines will tie into each other instead of being separate storylines that just happen to share the characters.

August 27, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  50. b-dog

I love all the idiots complaining about too many story lines.... Are you retards too simple to follow?

August 27, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Diva2U

Ignoring your stupidity, I don't think people were saying they couldn't follow, but that it was unlike TB to have so many things going on, with so many different people. YES we're used to keeping up with different storylines, but it was almost like each episide had a new story to go along with it, w/o wrapping up the other stories.

August 27, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  51. KJ

So disapointed with this whole show. Stopped watching. Not even trying to follow the books which are fun, funny and exciting! This whole seaon was crap.

August 27, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  52. Poodlegirl

I love TB...however I am not thrilled with this finale. Orgasmic fairey births, really. The only bright spots were LaFayette and evil Bill, Pam and Tara. Other than that the episode was silly. I will watch next season with fingers crossed that the writers can pull out of this tailspin.

August 27, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  53. InsideTheNewSeason

i love this direction its a going into also. simple, light, yet thrilling at the same time.

August 27, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  54. Diva2U

I loved this season, but I agree with Vincent, there were too many storylines to follow. And now a new one with Jason seeing his parents' ghosts. And what happened with Warlow?? We never even find out who he is, and if he is still pursuing Sookie. I'm glad Russell is gone, I loved his humor, but I was tired of him always trying to get Sookie! Sam and Luna are getting boring to me, and I'm ready for a new storyline with Sam. Glad Pam and Tara finally got together, I love them. I'm looking forward to seeing the new vampire god that is Billl Compton, and what kind of problems he will bring.

August 27, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  55. Blog fan

I love your blog posts and will miss them until the season returns. I've actually missed a few episodes just so I can read your funny POV and then I go back to watch them. I agree we need more LaLa in our lives. His commentary during the deliveries was priceless. I look forward to your blog on other HBO series and SOA!!!

August 27, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  56. Vincent

I waited 11 or 12 weeks for this finale?!? Nothing was resolved except for Russell's death...Now we get to wait another 9 months for Season 6 (if there is even a Season 6). I hope TB goes back to how Seasons 1 and 2 were...very few main characters and fewer story lines...there is too much to follow now...Tara and Pam I like please grow on that...but Now Jason seeing his parents' ghosts? Maybe next seaon Sooki and Eric will finally be together if he would ever stop fornicating with his "sister" long enough...Maybe I am the only one but I am bored with Sam and Luna's storylines...Alcide is more interesting when he is in Bon Tempe saving Sooki from danager...on his own he is sort of boring...I hope Jessica and Jason end up together...I can see it now Season 6 opener...Jason is on Jessica's back and they are flying to Alaska to continue that 3-way with Hoyte (whom I am glad to see go) (not sure Jessica can fly; last seaon Eric could not fly but this season he did; when he and Nora were at the redlight ater staking the security team)...never the less I will patiently await the spoilers for Season 6 and hope that Season 6 is more as Seaon 1 and 2...KEEP IT SIMPLE!!

August 27, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  57. buckihippo

The season started out dull to me but it was well worth it in the end! Love the direction its going and now have high hopes once again for True Blood. It needed to get interesting and man did it ever. Its like the took a page from Game of Thrones: no one is safe.

August 27, 2012 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  58. whackawhacka

You need to proofread before you post.

August 27, 2012 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |