ABC Family picks up pilot from Jennifer Lopez
August 24th, 2012

ABC Family picks up pilot from Jennifer Lopez

We may now have an inkling as to why Jennifer Lopez grew too busy for "American Idol."

The entertainer is executive producing a new hour-long drama, the pilot for which has been picked up by ABC Family, the network said in a statement.

Tentatively titled "The Fosters," Lopez's drama centers on a family consisting of a multi-ethnic group of kids being raised by two moms. Their brood includes both foster and biological children.

Bradley Bredeweg and Peter Paige serve as the show's writers and executive producers, the latter of which they'll do along with Lopez, Simon Fields and Greg Gugliotta.

Additionally, ABC Family's picked up a pilot for another hour-long drama from "Gilmore Girls" producer Gavin Polone called "Socio," about a charming 16-year-old thought to be a sociopath who becomes the main suspect when a peer is killed.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. A-Omega

J. Lo is fully into Illuminati black magic. So promoting a show like this is no surprise.

August 27, 2012 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  2. Buck

her makeup looks weird also..something was wrong with her that day...

August 27, 2012 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
  3. eat mo bush

Id eat J LOs trim...as long as it isnt some dum fkn blonde k u n t. Why marry when u can be an OG Playa like me? I have me a nice young tight honey everynite..and not some fat cow blonde who re who is like a dead beached whale in bed. Cuz i be keepin it real......marriage sux...be a OG Playa like me.....booooyyyyeeeeeeee

August 27, 2012 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  4. lady228

Reblogged this on lady228's Blog.

August 26, 2012 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. those hum care

Its all a bunch of bs america needs to wake up we dont act like these people Jlo kim k mariah come on wake up in the real world we cant afford all the money thats been spent to look like they do ...and real woman is what is true not the fake bs ...that makes us out here look bad everone is as beautiful as u act the outside is cheap ....huh hope that all understands ......just get real not plastic.....................

August 26, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. heth

yep she let one rip..

August 26, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. lava

she looked like she just farted in this picture.. lord

August 26, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jlo & Women

as a woman i was never afraid to say another woman was beautiful..if they are they are–we also have the women who may not be JLO but she is confident with a killer personality...its all in the personality and how you carry yourself.

if your beautiful and your personality sucks people people will still stay clear, if you have that personality everyone will migrate to you whether it be in business or your personal life.

you may run into an idiot that will say wellllll..she's not the best looking yet she gets all the attention how is this. that is because she knows what to do.

JLO is blessed ... she is in her 40's great bod, great face yet she strikes me as a bore. just saying.

August 26, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mark

He doesn't look that bad for an old colored gal.

August 26, 2012 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  10. She's a mess

and has problems. the show will bomb like whatever she attempts..you have to have a personality in this business
    which she lacks.

August 26, 2012 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  11. jojo

she's full of talent and class.

August 26, 2012 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  12. She Stinks

If JNO Talent is involved, the show will bomb and then get cancelled. She has no taste, class or talent.

August 26, 2012 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  13. Bad Hair

that flintstone hairdo has got to go. she looks like a pebbles.

August 26, 2012 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  14. Peter North

I think she needs a facial...

August 25, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jlo

marc anthony is georgous and will rise with force for his jlo.

August 25, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Rona Blake

Robert Blake is innocent.

August 25, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Leon David Peris

JLO is the best.

August 25, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Fart Fart jackson

JLO is great!

August 25, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Michael Caliazzo-Princeton New jersey

JLO is beautiful just as is my wife Blaine.

August 25, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  20. .•|•.

I LOVE TO PUT GERBALS UP MY BUTT!!!!!!

August 25, 2012 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  21. San Antonio

Please don't tell me this is why they cancelled Jane by Design. BRING BACK JANE BY DESIGN ABCFAMILY

August 25, 2012 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
  22. Jack

Hello. Everyone is cordially invited to visit – thestarofkaduri.com

August 25, 2012 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  23. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooo

I don't like the way jlo's hair looks..its too much of a baby hairstyle.

August 24, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • jujubeans

Yeah, but look at her smooooth skin! It's smooooth all the way down!

August 27, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  24. Taylor

It sounds like an overly ambitious, as well as a politically correct and preachy, show. I do not like preachy shows.

I think it would have been cool if she could make a show about an Hispanic family (or even families) and worked around stories for that since we don't have that kind of show on television right now. Or maybe about a show centering around the Bronx or some other urban area. That would be a nice contrast to all of the shows on ABC family which are in suburbia...especially shows like PLL where the girls are pretty upper to upper-middle class. I just feel like there are so many better ideas for a show. But whatever. It makes no difference to me since I will probably be not tuning in.

August 24, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  25. .•|•.

Throw a few zombies in there & I might watch...might.

August 24, 2012 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  26. ro

i adore jlo she's such a wonderful person and still beautiful and keeps her figure perfect at all times.

August 24, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  27. maria

Trashy trashy trashy is all ,why we have to deal with her again? augh! first the Kardashians now her again and again? thanks goodness for the Tv control I would not watch that trash ! I will soend my time watching something better!

August 24, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Jlo

Jennifer Lopez is a wonderful person

August 24, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Brett

abc is worried you

August 24, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Bill

ABC Family, what are you thinking, a hour long drama about a multi-ethnic family of foster and biological kids being raised by two moms, on a "Family Channel" you think the public is going except this type of show on a family channel? I think the parents and the public of the county are going to give you a hard time with this project? I've already seen the web site regarding this story, and allot of the public don't like the ideal? People who don’t like the ideal can sound off to The Family Channel, they have stated they want to hear your sound off on this project

August 24, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • ah...

Well, I'm confused. I don't watch ABC Family channel, but it sounds like this show would fit right in. It's a show about family life. What am I missing? Or @Bill, were you just trying to be funny? I'm not a Jlo fan, so I probably wouldn't watch it anyway. At least, it's not a reality show!

August 25, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  31. who cares

about JLO

August 24, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Truth Hurts

Her life is a lifelong drama.

August 24, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |