August 23rd, 2012

Dax Shepard, Kristen Bell: We'll get married when our gay friends can

The starring couple of this week's "Hit and Run," Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell, have yet to say "I do" after a two-year engagement. But the pair recently told CNN that they do want to get married - it's just that they're intent on waiting to tie the knot when their gay friends have that right, too.

“I don't believe in standing in the way of love, and I want to stand up for that right," Bell, 32, said. "And that's what it is. If someone wants to commit their life to another person, why would I not bolster that argument?”

Plus, her fiancé added, throwing a wedding before then "would just be tacky."

Shepard, 37, told CNN that taking a stance on gay marriage is by no means a way to put off a wedding.

"Do you know what this thing costs?" Shepard asked, holding up Bell's engagement ring. "This is more commitment than getting a tattoo! Like ... we own this thing!"

So no, he went on, it's not that they're "punishing America by not getting married. We're not going to have a party when half of our friends ... can't do that thing we're doing. We're not going to ask them to come celebrate a right they don't have. That's just tacky! Forget like anything else, it's like really tacky for us.”

And when they do say their vows, there's a chance they might try and coerce "Savages" star Taylor Kitsch to join them at the altar. Watch the video below to find out why.

1. icon set

I am sorry, htat has interfered... I understand this question. It is possible to discuss. Write here or i PM.

hpixel

September 23, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. icons

Infinite topic

P.S. Please review Yes v3 Icon from email-icon-set

September 18, 2012 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. LA Day

In Iowa it is legal for gays to marry. So if they really want to get married where their friends can, then they can travel to Iowa and get married there. And they can still have a reception wherever they want after to throw a bit party.

September 17, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. icons

Certainly. All above told the truth.

P.S. Please review Professional Icon Set from twittericonm72

September 17, 2012 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. icon library

At all I do not know, as to tell

P.S. Please review

Classic Hardware Icon Set from iconsinquick24

September 17, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. icon pack

It to you a science.

P.S. Please review icons

September 17, 2012 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  7. icon design

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it.

P.S. Please review our icons for Windows and windows12icons.

September 14, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  8. icon-design

This remarkable idea is necessary just by the way

P.S. Please review our icons for Windows and windows12icons.

September 13, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Toma

Just an excuse. Totally lame! Charlize Theron and Angelina said the same B.S.. The guy is gay! Loser couple.

September 13, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ted

Bravo, don't get married. Kids don't need conflicting values anyhow.

September 13, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Peik

Nice scam, Dax. Keep pounding away at that.

September 12, 2012 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  12. Mike P

File this under pathetic: "We'll get married as soon as marriage has been once and for all been reduced to nothing but a piece of paper, devoid of all natural truth."

September 3, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Natural truth? That isn't a thing. If you mean the natural order or something similar, your far from correct. There is NOTHING natural OR orderly about marriage. Its an antiquated religious ceremony and a violation of church and state. Yea, its easy to talk like this on the internet, I know. Its especially easy when it CORRECT.

September 13, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Electric

there are so many disfunctional marriages...living with someone is the way to go, i believe they should be committed to each other and get a prenup.

August 25, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

" i believe they should be committed to each other and get a prenup."

Were you trying to contradict yourself? Prenup and commitment are opposites. "I'm committed to you. For life. So let's get a prenup." Huh?

And living together? That shouts, "I don't trust you enough to marry you, but, hey, let's give it a shot."

Real romantic.

August 27, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. sharon

I really like dax in Parenthood despite the show's politically correct overtones-what show isn't that way- but give me a break on his and his girlfriend's stance on getting married-PC to the sickening max-but when you depend on hollywood foryour paycheckyou tow the line-it's NOT admirable-it's tacky and self-serving-

August 24, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  15. BottomLine

i know marriages that are a total disaster, i know people who live together 2yrs and 20yrs or more and are great.
    what's better misery in marriage or a healthy relationship.

August 24, 2012 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  16. EnemyofCrap

Angelina and Brad had once said the same thing. Are tese two just copycats? I wonder if they have friends who can't get pregnant will cause them to decline from having a family until they can. Such a stupid concept. I liked Dax in Parenthood but now I just think he's an idiot. Kristen too for following hs crap. I bet was his idea. He doesn't want to get married, really. Lol

August 23, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  17. cuppycake

just love each other – you don't have to be married to be in love.

August 23, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Electra

Lol..I was kidding around. How can you take my comment so seriously? Marriage is not for everyone. It's all cool. My brother and his girl were living together for 17 yrs before they taken from us.

August 23, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  18. CuppyCake

just love each other - you don't have to be married be in love.

August 23, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Michael

Being that the divorce rate among Hollywood types is about 98 percent, they're probably best not to get married anyway.

And I agree with those who said these two think they're far more important than they actually are. I honestly had never heard of them.

August 23, 2012 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  20. CuppyCake

who said they have to get married the relationship is fine the way it is ...relax electra

August 23, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Electra

They need to get smacked. Which one of them came up with that stupid idea..lol. Ahhh..could it be that the person don't want to get married to the other.lol. Oh, honey...I truly love you, but let's not get married until our gay friends can, oookkkkk cupcake? What ya say love of my lIfe? Lol

August 23, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  22. dont' make it so personal guys....

its just blogging

August 23, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  23. TW

So hilarious when celebrities say they are not getting married until gay folks can too. I have gay friends and I wish they could marry also, but for celebrities to put out these comments is just ridiculous. Not enough people really care if these two get (or any celebrity) gets married or not . . . sorry, they just are not as important as they would like to think they are.

August 23, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  24. H. Moil

gee darn wizz - you got me on that one..yawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

August 23, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  25. hotmail

gee darn wizz - got me on that one..yawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

August 23, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jack

Hello folks. Everyone is cordially invited to visit – thestarofkaduri.com

August 23, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  27. nola@hotmail.com

I do like both of them a lot but this interview kind of turned me off.

August 23, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Mormon Joe

I think they should be shipped over to Somalia to feed the starving cannibals.

August 23, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  29. TB

I agree, I don't know why I even clicked to read this. If they want to get married, just get married.

August 23, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Suzanne

Oh please, get over yourselves.Charlize Theron and Stuart Townsend said the same crap and they are no longer together. Get on with you lives already!

August 23, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |