Declarations of war on 'True Blood'
August 20th, 2012

Declarations of war on 'True Blood'

On last night’s “True Blood,” Russell finally found Sookie … and the portal to Faery.

Lilith appeared to Bill and told him he was the chosen one, urging him to drink her blood. However, he wasn’t the only “chosen one.”

When Kibwe told Bill that Lilith had chosen him, Bill ripped his fellow chancellor’s head off. And then Lilith ran the same game on Salome. Why is she manipulating them?

While Bill fell deeper under Lilith’s spell, Nora finally broke it. She begged Eric for forgiveness while they were getting it on. Finally Eric had an ally.

General Cavanaugh, who’d been working on mainstreaming with Roman for decades, paid a visit to the Authority because Roman wasn’t answering his calls. He told the chancellors that they better stop the Sanguinista movement, or he’d show the world video evidence that Russell was still alive. He warned them that the humans were prepared for war with vampires.

Then Eric snapped his neck. Hey, he had a plan!

Eric and Nora volunteered to erase the video of Russell from every government memory. Bill sent guards with them, but Eric swiftly dispatched their escorts and he and Nora flew away.

Stuck in the Authority, Jessica asked to borrow Bill’s phone to warn Jason about Russell. But when Bill said Jason was just food to her now, she impulsively said she wanted to turn Jason into a vampire.

Evil Bill called her bluff and sent her to Bon Temps with two guards who forced her to turn Jason. But she only took a little blood, and he killed her vampire guards. She explained that Sookie was in danger and he bolted.

Having betrayed her powerful maker, Jessica went to Fangtasia and asked Pam to hide her in exchange for information about Eric’s whereabouts. Pam reluctantly agreed, but declined to join in on Tara and Jessica’s girl talk. Tara explained, “She’s a lot of bark. And a lot of bite.”

Later, Rosalyn waltzed into Fangtasia looking for her progeny, Elijah. When Rosalyn accused Tara, Pam took the blame. She was arrested and hauled off to the Authority.

Characters are finally connecting! Or at least crossing paths.

Though she just missed Eric, Pam saw Sam at the Authority. Sam and Luna finally figured out where Emma was being kept, and scurried in as mice. They shifted, and for once weren’t the only naked people around.

Just as they found Emma, guards entered and ordered them back into the cells with the other nude humans. One guard said Chancellor Compton needed his breakfast, and Sam volunteered.

As he was dragged away, he passed Pam and asked her to help Luna. “Who the [expletive] is Luna?” Pam asked.

Maurella walked into Merlotte’s and informed Andy that they had conceived a child, though she looked 8 months pregnant already. When he wasn’t pleased, she accused him of disrespecting the light bond, which is a declaration of war. Yikes.

Sadly, Lafayette had only one line in the entire episode. But it was a good one. “I’m a b****, not a snitch.”

Meanwhile, Alcide worked on his daddy issues. His deadbeat pops helped him kill some baby vampires. Father-son bonding!

In Faery, Sookie asked “The Elder” about Warlow.

The Elder said that a dark time was coming, and the fairies would need to control their light to survive. And when Jason ran into the club and said Russell was looking for Sookie, the Elder seemed terrified. She and Sookie rallied the fairies to fight Russell in order to protect themselves.

So Russell has to be Warlow, right?

Well, Russell arrived. Jason led him to the Faery portal (as he was supposed to), and The Elder walked into the field to challenge him. It didn’t go so well. He sucked her dry. Filled with fairy blood, he could see inside Faery.

What do you think is going to happen on next week’s season finale?

Filed under: True Blood • TV recaps • Uncategorized

1. TheManBehindTheCurtain

My thoughts:

1) Russel VS Warlow – stated that last week. However, i suspect Russel will not be killed (he's just too good a bad guy to get rid of perminantly) but raher he will go into the fairy club's pocket dimension and somehow he will loose the fairy power he got killing the elder fairy and end up stuck in there while the fairies all escape outside. (Remember Jason needed Sookie to let him out. And it ties in with the elder fairy's threat to trap Russel else where.)

2) Hopefully the sherrif will arrive save Maurella and baby from Newlan (he's still outside the fairy club), and so keep his promise to protect her.

3) Warlow must be some type of fairy since the contract was in the fairy language (not something a vampire is likely to know).

4) Definite need Lilith as the big bad for the next season, along with a war between vamps and humans as a new background for the True Blood world.

August 22, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Hugh Jass

I just can't get into it. I go along with Terry Pratchett in CARPE JUGULUM when he says if humans knew vampires were real, they'd all be dead in a week. Hiding is their only chance. If they were as powerful and dominating as they are in this show, the last ones would all be hiding in the Antarctic somewhere. No matter what the law said, they'd all be dead in a week.

August 21, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Hugh Jass

"Danetra" is some old redneck who trolls these boards. Don't react to it in any way except to report it. It's obsessed with race.

August 21, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Fritz Hohenheim

Salome is going to drink the blood and turns into Lillith and becomes the main antagonist for the next season. Bill will either "see the errors of his ways" and repent or fight her because he still believes he's the chosen one (wasnt that Harry Potter? Or Mohammed? How many chosen ones are out there?)
    Warlow is going to stop Russel from entering the fairy den because Sookie is his.

My guesses. I'm willing to bet a fiver or two on that in Vegas.

August 21, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. VK

I think that Warlow is also going to save Sookie and the Fairys from Russell since she was promised to him. I also believe that Warlow is as old or older than Russell. Apparently, Lillth is causing all of the Authority to destroy each other. I hope Jason gets to give Steve Newlan the "Truth Death." It is very different than the books, but I still like it as Entertainment.

August 21, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lovesick

I think Warlow is going to save the Fairies. Eventhough we don't know who he is yet.

August 21, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Brian

Here's what I'd like to see. The vampires will all contract AIDS and die. The Werewolves will all die of rabies and distemper. The other shifters will all be rounded up and forced to shift into cows & chickens. BBQ time!
    Then humanity will be attacked by the Covenant and a Halo movie will finally be released.

August 21, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Lynne

I also hope it they are going to use a previous cast actor for Warlow, it will be Christopher Meloni. He is such a good actor and the part of Roman was so short lived

August 21, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Oscar Pitchfork

i can't believe the sheer number of lifeless, den-dwelling social retards that watch is kind of drivel.

August 21, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • To Oscar Pitchdork

i can't believe the number of lifeless, den-dwelling social retards that go onto entertainment blogs to read an entire article about a show they've never watched, just to disparage people who actually have, in order to make them feel somehow better about themselves. congratulations on being so much better and more cultured than a tv show – you sure are intellectually complex. but, you might want to address your self-important delusions and starvation for attention with the next available psychiatrist.

it's just a tv show. and you're just a loser with a keyboard. grow up.

August 21, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fritz Hohenheim

Who is worse? The den dweller that watches Tru Blood or the nerd that reads the den dweller's postings?

August 21, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • BRIAN TAYLOR

THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE?

August 23, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Lynne

I know Alan Ball and his writing team wanted to have their own spin on the Books. However, I wish he had remained true to the Books/ such great story and dialogue. The show has become a hot mess with too many uninteresting story lines. He has under utilized some of the veteran stars,starting with Anna Paquin. Maybe, he should watch Margaret and see what an actor can accomplish with a great script. I hope they read these blogs and fiqure out the problem. I cannot imagine a 7th year.

August 21, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  11. BAILS

Yeah, I've gotten tired of all the cracks about religion. Jesus was a vampire, stuff like that. Shows like this are my "escape"...my fantasies. I don't want them referring back to my reality and don't like it crossing too close to religion. Keep it vampires, wolves, fairies, and stop with the religious Lillith is God crap.

August 21, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  12. kitcat

I was wondering if they only paid for story lines from the first 2 or 3 books? And now they are on their own to come up with ideas? (Which suck.) It looks like Sookie's character has been given a minimal role this season because Anna Paquin was obviously pregnant during this season's shoot.

August 21, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  13. katjay

I'm just wondering if anybody else out there feels that True Blood has (excuse the pun) sucked this season? I am tired of the Vampire Authority, Bill Compton, Russell and Steve, the woman covered in blood with her bush shining (lillith) basically all of them including Eric. The story line has gone nowhere this whole season. The only thing that I can figure is that there is going to be a war and it will be drawn out into next season. I think maybe Season 5 has all been a set up for Season 6. I dont know what is going on, but I dont see how it can be resolved in one more episode and if that is the case, I wasted 12 hours of my life.

August 21, 2012 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
    • shawn l

This season has both sucked and blown. Season is almost over and what has happened? Not much.

August 21, 2012 at 3:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Dave

Something tells me you've wasted a whole lot more than just 12 hours of your life

August 21, 2012 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

yes this season is horrible.....

August 21, 2012 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  14. PAUL

TRUE BLOOD IS JUMPING THE SHARK

August 20, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Charles

The first two seasons were great, then when True Blood proved wildly successful, Alan Ball decided to use the showfor the advancement of the gay agenda, and it turned into this crap. The shark has been jumped.

August 20, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  16. masterochi

Too many story threads, too many bit characters, too many contradictions, too many plot twists. Its like a freshman first novel... too self indulgent. The dialog sounds like it was copied from a writer's workshop at UCLA.

(Rhetorical) Who is writing these scripts? (/Rhetorical)

Sigh. Where's superman when you need him? J/K

August 20, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mfox

i think this has been the best season by far. i'm on the edge of my seat just wondering what is going to happen to Bill & Sookie. Eric is becoming the good guy and i'm all for that. i'd like to see this Russell character evaporate along with his gay lover. the season finale will be awesome.

August 20, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Pete?

lamo

August 20, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Pete

Author doesn't watch the show. Russell is not Warlow.

August 20, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Holly Halston

lucy..you sound hysterical. its only a show.

August 20, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Lucy

It is an interesting theory that Salmone is the one manipulating everyone; she does seem like the most likely culprit. I for one, can’t wait to see her taken down, though I feel it won’t be without casualties. I panicked when I realized I was going to miss this episode, the one time I forgot to program my DVR. I was so glad when a co-worker at Dish reminded me about Dish Online. I was even able to catch up before anyone could spoil the tragic end of Kiwbe. It seems like this season is building towards an intense end, I just hope my favorite characters make it out alright.

August 20, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Michelle

Is Snooki a fairy or a sprite or pixie? I really think I heard she is a pixie with the pixie dust stuff. Did she loose her tan when she moved from Jersey Shore to this show? She looks kind of pale, but better than she used to.

August 20, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Timmy

I didn't know there were lady fairies. I thought they were all Lesbeans. This is cool news !

August 20, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  24. LoopsFroot

Just don't bring back those crazy trailer-trash were-panthers. That storyline was totally ridiculous.

August 20, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  25. rastronomicals

The Fairy Elder thing was ridiculous, some kind of wacked interpretative dance and a poll about the merits of Boyz2Men, fairy elders would NOT be like that, I am sure.

August 20, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Kevin Nivek

This is hands down the worst season so far. After each episode ends, I sit there with a complete "so what" feeling. They have really ruined this show.

August 20, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • BD

@ Kevin Nivek - I agree, I thought season two was a POS, until this POS.

Also, they have added so many new people that you don't get to see many of the regulars.

August 20, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Big Gay Al

I take offence at people calling us fairies. We just made a different life choice.

August 20, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Poodlegirl

If only an hour at work would fly as fast as an hour watching TB. Lillith just loves chaos, I think Eric will save the day...with a little help from Pam. Is the finale two hours long ? With all the loose story lines it will have to be.

August 20, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  29. true blood fan

I love it! Sad to see the last episode. My hubby and I enjoy the show and HBO very much! Can't wait till next week.

August 20, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  30. CS

We love the show! However, the whole episdoe with the fairy elder and saying all of Faery must rise up, my husband and I couldn't help but laugh at the stupidity of it all. Still, we are sad only one episode left and then we must wait until next June! Let's see what type of cliffhanger they have in store for us!

August 20, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lamar

Fairies :). I haven't heard gays called that in forever. The show must be for 5th graders. Fairies :)

August 20, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Michael Caliazzo

Show sucks.

August 20, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Danetra

Plus you racist aren't supposed to call them fairies. They are gay folks.

August 20, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Danetra

Dumb show for dumb people. White folks will just watch anything.

August 20, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  34. 1twinsfan

I surely hope the writers do not kill off Alcide's father. They already blew it with offing Roman (Meloni), Molly (Majorino) and that fairie elder introduced last night, Erica Gimpel.

August 20, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Rin

Worst season ever. I won't even say it but it's true about the books, but books aside this show has gotten to the point where there is no point. If Russell is Warlow I will be surprised since he knew nothing about the name Stackhouse until Bill and Eric, it would make no sense. As much as I love the actor who plays Russel, I am ready for him to vanish but Bill has dug himself into a very deep hole, if Nora could find her way out and Sookie and Jessica couldn't pull Bill out then this is the real Bill. POWER HUNGRY.

August 20, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • B-Ran

I agree on your Bill comments. At first I thought he had something up his sleave but not so much anymore! At this point I think he's so far gone and crazy (especially after hitting one of my favorite characters, Jessica) I am getting to the point of actually being okay with him getting staked

August 20, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fritz Hohenheim

Bill is killing Pat Robertson and taking over his 700 club

August 21, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  36. B-Ran

I don't know but it sure is crazy!!!! I think with the amount of faires in that room, it should be enough to get Russell under control! It never fails though, the last 2 episode of the season, always have the craziest cliffhangers!!!! I am so sad the season is over already! :'o(

August 20, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |