Joe Jonas: Swift's new song isn't about me
August 16th, 2012

Joe Jonas: Swift's new song isn't about me

Taylor Swift is a pro at turning heartbreaks into earworms, and her latest single, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” is no exception.

For some fans, guessing which of Swift’s ex-boyfriends inspired lyrics like, “Then you come around again and say, ‘Baby, I miss you and I swear I’m gonna change,’” is half the fun. But Joe Jonas, who dated the country-pop princess in 2008, insists it wasn’t him.

“I don’t think we’ve ever tried [to get back together] another time, so I can tell you it’s not about me,” Jonas told 94.7 Fresh FM. “That said, I think the song is great. Taylor does pop music really well and I’m happy for her.”

But Jonas hasn’t always been free and clear. His breakup with Swift inspired her track “Forever & Always,” which appeared on her 2008 album “Fearless.”

Time magazine notes that the song could be about Jake Gyllenhaal. The singer was seen out and about with the “Source Code” actor after their relationship ended in 2010.

Either way, it’s safe to assume the 22-year-old’s tune isn’t about Conor Kennedy. Swift and the son of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. have been spotted together of late. According to recent reports, she bought a house located near the historic Kennedy compound in Massachusetts.

Filed under: Jonas Brothers • Music • Taylor Swift

1. Bubba Rydel

same old scenario. she sleeps with celebrity, then she writes oneof her awful songs about it. nobody wants to stay with this goofy, buck toothed, horse of a girl. she's sold herself out with countless commercials, perfume, clothing....etc. overexposure at it's worse. i wish she would just go away. i'm sick of her face.

August 29, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHRIS

WOW someone is a bit jealous! ur wrong in everyway and she is gorgeous!

September 3, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Steve

Lyrics to her next song after she breaks up with this Kennedy guy:

"It's over, it's over, you won't find me in a lake like whats-her-name with Uncle Teddy".

What do you think, Taylor? Good stuff, huh?

August 29, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. CaraW

Did you ever notice that her ex-boyfriends always look so happy? Life is good after they are free of hillbilly barbie.

August 27, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • opinion

'Hillbillie Barbie'....that is funny...and oddly true!
      She is just a little bit to sweet for my taste and not a very good singer either.

August 31, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Miguel

Taylor needs to stop dating stars and other rugrats - a nice unknown guy will do for her - she loves the spotlight but enough is enough !!

August 27, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. qwq

remedy

August 27, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  6. Helen

I for one can't stand her, it seems she always blames the guys, must be something wrong with her with so many break ups, now dating an 18 year old, come on Miss Pure and Sweet. Would you be dating him if he wasn't a Kennedy. I want to hear this song when he breaks up with you. She doesn't seem to care who she names, thats sad

August 21, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Guest

thats where she gets her writing creativity from...her breakups with men.

August 20, 2012 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
    • CaraW

That explains why there are so many of them. How many songs on an album?

August 27, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. commenter

why always the inspiration of the songs of Taylor comes from breaking-up ?

August 19, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. every guy?

its just blogging don't take it so personal we don't even know each other. garwie gee

August 19, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. really

So, it's every guy but not you? right?

August 19, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Hackie Kitty

she's so young and has her whole life ahead of her..not like some washed out ones

August 16, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  12. does cheating count?

August 16, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. who cares

about these people

August 16, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Tendofreak

Must be taking relationship advice from Jennifer Aniston cuz she just cant keep a man! While young, beautiful, rich, and powerful in her industry, she still needs to realize that realtionships are hard work and dont come easy. She got where she is today on her talent but a relation takes two.

August 16, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. duh

this biznatch acts like twelve years old

August 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Ricky ticky tick

Not this again,I really use to like taylors music ,now it's just you broke my heart,I want you back ,I don't want you back
    Its getting really boring,PLEASE sing about something else,Her next album will about the same thing and the next one after that, and so on. why don't she just do a pop song, about becoming a robot,or a wax doll,because she is really beautiful,but the music now is just PLAIN BORING..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......zzzzzzzzz

August 16, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Louie

What rhymes with Kennedy because he is next. She bought a five million dollar love shack to be near him so I figured a song has got to follow.

August 16, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  18. San Jose

Not this again... I think she "dates" these guys just to have something to write about. Maybe it was cute the first time she wrote about an ex, but now it's annoying. I don't even listen to her music anymore, and I still hear about all of her failed "relationships". Only a few more months until we get to hear a song about her Kennedy boyfriend. Stay tuned!

August 16, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  19. ah...

That Taylor Swift has had a lot of ex's for only being 22. I guess only she knows which ex this song is about. I think it is funny when one of the ex's exclaims, "it wasn't me she's singing about". If they are an ex, why do they care?

August 16, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Petunia

Wow. That's a really bad photo of her. And is JJ trying to look like Julius Caesar?

August 16, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |