Evelyn Lozada: Domestic violence is not OK
August 14th, 2012

Evelyn Lozada: Domestic violence is not OK

Recently wed reality star Evelyn Lozada is speaking up about the allegations of domestic violence against her husband, football player Chad Johnson, in hopes that she'll give other women the courage to do the same.

On Saturday, Lozada got into a now highly publicized discussion with Johnson over a receipt for a box of condoms, which allegedly led to Johnson head-butting Lozada.

According to an arrest report, Lozada ran to a neighbor's home to get away from Johnson when she couldn't calm him down. Johnson was arrested over the weekend on a domestic violence charge and later released after posting bond. Johnson has alleged that it was Lozada who head-butted him during their disagreement.

Lozada said in a statement Tuesday:

“It is with great sadness and much trepidation that I release this statement addressing the domestic violence incident that happened this past Saturday. I am deeply disappointed that Chad has failed to take responsibility for his actions and made false accusations against me, it is my sincere hope that he seeks the help he needs to overcome his troubles. Domestic violence is not okay and hopefully my taking a stand will help encourage other women to break their silence as well. I’m grateful to my family, friends and fans for the outpouring of support during this difficult time.”

The couple, who have been featured on VH1's "Basketball Wives," married in early July and intended to showcase their nuptials and the preparation leading up to the big day in their own show called "Ev & Ocho."

That program was set to air in September, but VH1 announced Monday that "Ev and Ocho" has been pulled from the network's calendar and that the network "has no current plans of airing it."

Unfortunately, this situation isn't the only burden Lozada's carrying as of late. On Tuesday, CNN confirmed that the reality star's brother-in-law, Anthony Ochoa, died Monday night after a lengthy fight against cancer. Ochoa was married to Lozada's sister, Sylvia, and walked Lozada down the aisle when she wed Johnson on July 4.

1. Dr. Kai

Thanks for your important work. My wife and I produced this video using my original song, “Don’t Feel Like Heaven Anymore,” in order to heighten awareness regarding violence against women. Here is the link: http://youtu.be/R7ULJnApayw

October 4, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Durex survey 2012

15/01/2007· rubbers are usually gadgets used for contraception, we.e. To prevent pregnancies. Although standard purpose of rubbers will be birth control, they're also used in a ...cheap durex online

September 3, 2012 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  3. global virtual opportunities

I will right away clutch your rss as I can not to find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you've any? Please let me realize so that I could subscribe. Thanks.

August 17, 2012 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Tee

I agree with others who say not a lot of people feel sympathy for Evelyn. I also thought she was all for violence. Like I always heard that one day you will meet your match. Guess evelyn met hers.

August 18, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Toy

UMMMMM so Evelyn when is violence okay when its you who's committing the act....Please so you wanna speak out against domestic violence but when its you who's throwing bottles, being intimidating and bullying i'ts RIGHT huh..... VIOLENCE is VIOLENCE regardless if you're a man or woman the same way you felt when you were head butted is the same way JEN, ROYCE, KESHA and KENYA felt as way......EV WHAT HAPPENED I thought you were about that life!!!

August 16, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Computer Man

i know you were a computer person years ago...and...your point...

August 16, 2012 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  6. uh...man air max griffey

who cares–just stick to blogging

August 16, 2012 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  7. AirBlogging

its just blogging noone knows each other

August 16, 2012 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  8. air jordans

I just couldn't leave your site before suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the standard info a person provide in your guests? Is gonna be back continuously to check up on new posts

August 16, 2012 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  9. man air max griffey

Furthermore there numerous personal computer technical things like On-line, Computer system Service Industry experts, Portable computers Authorities. I've to know what it would be to travel develop computer systems such as save and also firm computer systems falter and also such as ripping personal computer out and also mending them all. what could them all possibly be described as? man air max griffey

August 16, 2012 at 6:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. Yellow

I do NOT condone domestic violence however I do seem to be agreeing with the comments regarding the fact that Evelyn is the victim now so she is speaking out and saying it's not okay. when in fact NO VIOLENCE against another person is okay which is why it is punishable by law. A man putting his hands on a woman is the MOST cowardly, lowly, self demeaning thing you could do to your reputation. actually, you are not viewed as a real MAN in my opinion period. That being said, any woman that tried to or actually DID physically assault me I would prosecute her the fullest extent just the same. I am not here for ANYONE to attack me, throw things at me, threaten me, none of that and Evelyn has done ALL of the above and has tried to justify it on numerous occasions. While I'm sorry this whole situation has happened to her, I firmly believe things always happen for a reason and maybe this was not the taste of medicine she wanted, but now she see's man, woman, dog, cat, it's not so nice to be on the receiving end of an angry violent person intending to do you bodily harm. Chad will pay, trust. his career is in the toilet and now his reputation is in the gutter so he can hang it up. Ev, however can overcome this and I hope she turns over a new leaf and displays a more positive image when she is given a great platform like television and uses it for good not just about earrings, clothes, handbags, drinking, taking paid for trips and dating ball players. I'm just saying, real talk right here. You are more than that, now show us that please. I wish Evelyn all the Best. Honestly. I can be a fan and speak the truth even if it may sting a little bit. truth.com

August 15, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. linda

I just think that Chad was crazy to marry her. He was loud, silly and a lot of things that were not cute, but he was never in trouble. Evelyn is a crazy viiolent out of control fool. He is done because of her and she should lose the same amount of money that he will lose, I do not want to see her face as a victim.. She beat up women every week and people did nothing about it. I want them both to just go away.

August 15, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. pops on relationships

my own father who's almost 80 said how did this guy sleep with her every night –lol

August 15, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  13. Chief slapahoe

Always a good reason to slap a good for nothing golddigging hoe.see a hoe slap that hoe....should make that a medal event at the 2016 summer games in rio lol

August 14, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Happy Blogging

guys try to get along at some point–all views are justified but goodness me...its just blogging and we don't know each other we're just talking to screens. xo good night.

August 14, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. karma

always go back to the person. whether its a simple crazy day at work or school, cheating wife, lousy job, unhappiness, cocaine. karma always returns in many different ways. i agree with you.

August 14, 2012 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  16. all domestic violence comments

the hero's are the men and women who are trying to get past their horrible lifestyle.

the comments from today have also been forwarded to the committee for analysis. we want to make sure the right message is being delivered to these men and women, again its not only poor people..we have high level grads and the rich in very disfunctional lifestyles.

i'm just their cheerleader.

August 14, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  17. martha moore

If you don't understand why a lot of people are not jumping to cradle Evelyn in their arms, just let your mind wander back to the day you found out how Jeffrey Dahmer had died. You were aware that something terrible had happened to him, but you just couldn't muster up that human compassion. All you remember is how trapped his victims must to have felt. I know, Evelyn is far from a serial killer, but I still see and feel how she went after a close friend of ten years with the intensity of a rabid dog with no let up, all over a verbal dispute. When you live your life by your own motto of "You are a non-m****f****** factor, you can't be surprised when others respond in kind to you.

August 14, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bmatic

Thank you for expressing that. I feel the same way. I cannot for the life of me care about her getting beat. I wish I could but with all she was doing with physically assaulting her castmates I just feel that karma got her back.

August 14, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ruth

Not a lot of people will have sympathy for this woman. We also need to hear Chad Johnson's version, as devious and nasty as she is, I wouldn't be surprised if he was telling the truth. However, we usually want to believe the woman's version, he is a big black guy and she is a cute woman so if her story is fake, we might just believe her. If anyone has any doubts why there is very little sympathy for her, watch the show. She is one of the most manipulative, evil woman I have seen in a while.

August 14, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • soup

Perfectly said..

August 15, 2012 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  18. hyrda

even though the meaning is fake the T word is mentioned all hydra comments are in cnn.

August 14, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  19. hydra

And you still haven't answered my question. Why not leave everyone be? What you're doing is verbal assault.

August 14, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ouroboros

Neither is DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

August 14, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  21. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

hydra is not a human name and neither are most of these today.

August 14, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Electra

Ok, I'm guilty of watching the show every now and then. This lady is not a saint. Her friend tried to warned her and she ended her friendship with her for that and continued to attack her relentlessly. You know, karma has a nasty way of coming back at a person. lIve and learn. Sorry if you went through any domestic violence but what you are doing is not any better. There is also verbal abuse as well. Enjoy your day.

August 14, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Electra

Oh, by the way, I was a victim of verbal abuse in the past and, I have a nasty habit of getting in defense mode when I feel attached verbally by someone. claws, fangs, horns and yes even taíl comes out and I then become verbally nasty at times, a trade I want to get out of. It's something I'm working on thou. Not easy but it must be done.

August 14, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • electra==lets guess who this could be

no i have not been through anything –i help people that's who i am...now in terms of yourself you appear to be very unhappy and need some guidance are you abused at home? can we help?

August 14, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Electra

Lol..no my little troll friend. I never got married to him :)

August 14, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  22. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

hydra is not a real name.

August 14, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  23. hydra

Stop spamming, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Verbally abusing people to get your views across is unacceptable. Why can't you just leave them be?

August 14, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • hydra

a fictional terrorist organization from marvel comics...
      forwarded into cnn

August 14, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  24. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

most of you are probably on your beach chairs trolling everyone. get the h-ll outta here...when you know somebody who's gotton their butt kicked for no reason you come talk to me..otherwise put your lotion on its time to turn over.

August 14, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • fiddlesticks

You're not helping the situation. Look at you getting bent out off shape about this. Relax. Lol..that is funny thou. I can see some trolls on a beach just trolling away..Lmao.come on..really. if I was at a beach the sun in the eyes would ruined me typing ..smile. :)

August 14, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trolls

trolls can type upside down, in hurricanes, while driving, while taking a crap, sleeping, having s-x, ironing, waxing their cars, doing nothing, doing something, watching sports and yes they can type while on a beach..lol

August 14, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Troll

why have you targeted my review and not replied to the other reviews. the other reviews are pretty scarey and appear to be abused people. i am not abused i help people..however you sound abused are you ok? do you need help?

August 14, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • @trolls

Lmao

August 14, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  25. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

most of you know nothing about abused people..get lost troll–

August 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  26. denise

Perhaps a simple time out would be better.

August 14, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  27. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

your boring and nobody wants to hear you anymore–most of you do not know anyone that's been battered
    get lost and go away.

August 14, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • MOCHA LATTE

August 14, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • MOCHA LATTE

@ DOMESTIC GET A LIFE YOU DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT YOU YOURSELF ARE TRYING TO STATE. IF YOU WERE A VICTIM OF VIOLENCE AND WANT TO SPEAK ON THE SUBJECT. GET AN EDUCATION!!!!! OTHER THEN THAT YOU ROLL OVER AND DIE. YES I AM AT THE BEACH CAUSE I CAN AFFORD IT! KMA

August 14, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  28. MEN ABUSED

there is a growing number of men being abused also mentally and physicall .did you know that...i know...

August 14, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  29. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

WHAT DID MOST OF YOU ACCOMPLISH THIS SUMMER? LET ME GUESS...

August 14, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • OG Troll

I trolled, though not as hard as I could have. I laughed raucously at the cheap outrage of the plebs. Weathered their threats and imprecations as anyone should: shoulders squared, head high, proud that my mind wasn't so atrophied as that of some around me. You have no right to judge me. I am beyond your timid, lying morality. Fu¢k yo couch.

August 14, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • BE PROUD

you win a statue for being Troll of the Year.

August 14, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  30. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

these are the strongest women i have ever met in my life. you are not subject to judge abused women, men or anybody else. you don't know these 2 people and you dont have a clue what caused it unless you were there.

August 14, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  31. SANTUARY FOR FAMILIES

my role in that work is to talk to the women and get them going on their way for a new start..remember they are not just black women its allllllllllllll women. you have no idea what these woman have gone through and what we have to do to pull them away from violence...put your i phones down and shut up for 1 hour

August 14, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  32. MARGARET I - SANCTUARIES FOR FAMILIES

blessed i was never involved in a violent situation other volunteer work i do in new york is called sanctuary for families
    and what we do is helped battered women get back on their feet..its not just poor black women, its rich WHITE people who are also abused and our job there is to get them back in the swing of things...feel confident to start over.

i have worked with executives who get their ass kicked at night...so shut the f-ck up if your just blogging your nonsense for some troll power. you have no clue...

August 14, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Ocholoco

Why would anybody want this "HO" for a wife? Come on Ocho, use your brains! Dang you don't want her passing her STD's over to you!

August 14, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  34. guys

guys - most of you are right but its a blog and don't take it too seriously. k?

August 14, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  35. MOCHA LATTE

Evelyn your a non mf factor now BOO BOO deal with it. I think anybody on this ship is feeeling sorry your you right now!

August 14, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Tracy

Children!!
    Abuse of a women is wrong! It is not a racial issue or howone act! How can a person judge another persons behavior!
    Until you have been a victim of violence do not talk! Basketball wives is television show. Learn the difference!

August 14, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Vickie

In order to be credible when it comes to these "he said/she said" domestic violence allegations both have to have what I call "clean hands"–no previous episodes of violence. I've never heard of any instances of violence where Chad is concerned and he has a couple of "baby mamas" and he plays a violent sport. Evelyn on the other hand is notorious for her "random acts of violence". She has thrown glasses and wine bottles at people's heads and she has physically jumped up on tables, running to lunge at her ex-girlfirend in a "fit of anger" because this friend didn't like Chad. I'm not saying it's not possible that Chad was the aggressor here, but look at the track records. Evelyn is VERY VIOLENT! But of course she is trying to win the court of public opinion so that she can "write a book" or make "public appearances" to keep the money train coming since it looks like her "well" in Chad has dried up.

August 14, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • MsRik

My thoughts exactly Vickie! Which is she is why I believe she jumping up so quickly to write a statement... She reminds me of Lynn Whitfield's character Brandi in "A Thin Line Between Love and Hate" staring Martin Lawrence. I am personally against Domestic Violence to the fullest, but this woman has shown everyone her true colors on Basketball Wives and I DO believe some women are crazy and start domestic incidents. I wouldn't put it past her if she was setting Chad up! All men are NOT abusive.

August 14, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Stop it silly people

what is going on here. relax folks we do not know each other and its just blogging for goodness sakes.

August 14, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  39. ELaine

Evelyn! Your own aggressive behavior got u what u deserved, its okay for u to act like a gurilla and climbing on tables and swing from light fixers to attack other people, but thats okay right? I understand two wrongs dont make a right, but u got a taste of what u have done to others! IF I WAS HIM I WOULD HAVE HEAD BUTTED U TWICE! karma is a bitach isnt it sweet heart

August 14, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Mase

LOL! And she doesn't need help? I guess violence is wrong only when it's towards her? This is the same woman who has thrown drinks and bottles at people, smacked, slugged, pulled hair and skipped over a table to attack someone and hurled all kinds of insults towards others, calling them 'non-factors' and how 'they're not about this life' (whatever that means) and yet she has the NERVE to say someone else needs help? When her assistant smacked her friend, did she come out say that was wrong or say the assistant needed help? NOOOO! She blamed the person who was smacked and said she should not have gone to the authorities because the assistant was the victim's 'friend'. But I guess it's OK for her to go to the authorities now? Isn't Chad her husband? So friends shouldn't press charges when one is violent towards the other but she can press charges against her husband? And also, DIDN'T SHE SAY HE COULD BE WITH OTHER WOMEN AS LONG AS HE USED A CONDOM AND WAS HONEST ABOUT IT????? so why start a fight now because she saw a receipt for condoms??? She is insane this woman! The rules she lives by are twisted! She must live in some type of pseudo universe. I am happy VH1 pulled the show. I don't want to turn on my television and see her ever again! In fact she should crawl back into the hole she came from prior to her infamy. Domestic violence is wrong and should not be tolerated! Period. I don't know what happened between her & Chad on Saturday, but it's hard for me to feel any sort of sympathy or believe her story given her track record. If she is telling the truth, I hope she takes this experience as a lesson that what goes around really does come around to eventually (in her case) head-butt you leaving you a 3-inch laceration on your forehead.

August 14, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Child Pleaze....

@Shanequa...u are a poser. you're not black. How many black people says "I'm a colored"? Go somewhere else and TROLL...

August 14, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shanequa

You are just jealous of my fiiiiine self. I could have your man in a heartbeat.

August 14, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Shanequa

Im a colored person an this stuff goes on alllll the time. Snap ! You whites are even dummer that you look. All pale an pasty an gross

August 14, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jonathan

I'm sure you could have expressed yourself better as the words used make you look like the ignorant one.
      Damned girl, that's like me saying your name equals ghetto.
      I'm of color also.

August 14, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  43. No No

Bullying people is unacceptable.

August 14, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  44. What Do You KNow

What Evelyn! You called the police?!? When Jen got the athorities involved you, Tami and Shaunie thought Jen was over reacting. All of you women are a disgrace. Evelyn knew Tami was bullying Kesha. I could see it in Evelyn's eyes. Bullying and violence is wrong all the way around.

August 14, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Idealist

"For richer or poorer, better or worse, in health and sickness, let no man tear this holy matrimony asunder..."

I wonder how long she'll stand by her man now that he's back on f00dstamps and we1fare checks.

August 14, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Caroline?

that was figured out weeks ago.

August 14, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  47. margie m

In reading all the comment's i have found that most comment's made said that they don't condone violence coming from anyone man or woamn.However,it is really funny that as violent as Evelyn has shown herself to be on the show she now want's to speak out on domestic violence.The women on the show BW not all but the violent ones has really been a disappointment and an embrassement to black women and have the nerve to say they have class.Look up classless in the dictionary you will see those ladies pictures.I must say violence against anyone is appauling.

August 14, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  48. AllsFair

As a victim of DV myself, no one should have to go through this but REALLY Evelyn??? Chad isn't the onlyone that needs professional help. You bully, throw bottles, glasses, fists at other black women on Basketball wives...call the kettle black lately?? She even went as far as calling another woman on the show a snitch because she pressed assalt charges on another cast member for smacking her in the face. I don't know if this is Karma or a wake up call for her but she needs to get it together.

August 14, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  49. MACK P

At the end of the day Chad is a high profile ball player. Eve a never was wife of Ex-ball player and put on a show BW and acted a F..... FOOL HELLO!! . Eve and chad only been down a year! Thats nothing! Chad slipped and married a women he didnt really know!! If Eve was really down for chad she would have handled it with out the police!!! Chad just got to miami now he is kicked of the team during camp and embrassed on national Tv!!! Your new HUSBAND. Eve is Fake bottom line. She never was down hello!! Chad the only one losing in this whole thing!! His NFL days may be over not to mention the money he may lose if Eve fake A..s get some money out of court.

August 14, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Spence

Funny how nearly everyone is ready to convict him on a "POLICE REPORT",,, you people forget that , that is all this is until he has his day in court! Don't give me that junk about her going to the hospital,, 6 months from now we could find that she actually did that. (That's what he alleges) It is completely possible that she is at fault. so speak on domestic violence yes we need that but we also need to reserve judgement when there are two questionable personalities involved!

August 14, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Jina

This is so sad...not because of the couple but the situation. Domestic violence is wrong no matter what. All we can really do is speculate who initiated, but they both need help. Evelyn basically ruined what was left of Chad Johnson's career and 85 ruined what was left of hers. I hope this is not all for better ratings or more talk on Basketball Wives. This hits a little too close to home for so many people and, after Beverly Hills' Housewives who can take anymore "false" accusations of abuse and neglect?! So over the whole reality tv bit. It's time to find QUALITY entertainment...not trash!

August 14, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Watch-it Sucka

Initially I'd be inclined to sympathize with her. However, my own personal experience with angry/displeased women leaves me very skeptical. I don't know what happened but It should be a private matter between husband and wife. No 'statements'.

August 14, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Smacky Smooth

Wow, the Trolls are out in force today. I guess their Mommies are out earning money to take care of them . Good for Ev and hopefully she will stick to her guns on this. Ouchocinco needs to keep his violence on the field. If you cant do that you are not a player but a LOSER. What else is next? Kicking puppies or drowing kittens? Lame overpaid loser! Bet he would chicken out taking on a man of his size-. Has anyone asked if she is so much shorter than him , then how did she headbutt him (as he claims)?

August 14, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  54. U_Must_B_Crazy

I'm willing to bet Evelyn was the aggressor. She is known for being the bullying type. Chad is a bit on the eccentric side, but he has never been in any serious trouble, nor is he known for being violent. I don't believe this hype for one second...try again Evelyn, this time bring more people.

August 14, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sudosyco

Awwwww lets get the little man an hankly then AND REMOVE HIS MAN CARD!

August 14, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Caroline

Correct, DV is not the way to go whether it's a man or woman. I believe she hit him and now she has ruined what was left of his career. If the NBA player didn't marry her and he was step-dad to her daughter(and he didn't show up to the high school graduation), that should have been a sign to Chad. Evelyn knew how Chad was and is, why did she think she was so SPECIAL that he would not do it to her. Also, for all the people that bet me about this crazy chick, I told you she was going to screw him without the vaseline. Way to go Ev, now you and Eric have something in common 2 big ass knots for knuckleheads.

August 14, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  56. LMAO also..

i would never believe any of you people until i spoke to the 2 of them myself-you don't even know these people.

August 14, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  57. stopplayingtheblamegame

and for the record – Evelyn is NOT a black woman – she's hispanic but the reality is ABUSE SHOULD NEVER BE ACCEPTABLE UNDER NO CONDITIONS OR RACE!

August 14, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  58. stopplayingtheblamegame

I'm sorry but @Penny I watched the entire series and I don't see where Chad was always disrespecting her – we as woman have to realize that we disrespect ourselves when we allow bad treatment from anyone in a relationship – If anything Chad kept it real about who and what he was about and she had choices to make to accept or not- she chose to accept apparently for the media knowing within her true spirit she had a problem with his promiscuous ways – short of having an 'open marriage/relationship' there is no way that behavior would be acceptable – and even then emotions come in to play!!

August 14, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  59. fresh

they can't stay near each other he may do it again. she should leave him

August 14, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Tracy

Regardless of how Evelyn act on tv , no women deserve to be hit. I think it is a shame that you are debating the issue.
    Chad is very irrogent
    ,and she should had listen to Jennifer. People need to stop judging , and live their life. Abusing a women is wrong !

August 14, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Common Sense

What language are you speaking? It surely isn't English.

August 14, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Big Dave

Nah, nah, hold up, if she think she bad and wanna fight then she should get her ass whupped. Period MF point blank. Thing is, Chad ain't Jenn and ain't scared of her that's why she got her ass beat up. Maybe she'll learn now.

August 14, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  61. shane

Puleeze! This gutter rat got the nerve to be getting on somebody about being violent! That's the pot calling the kettle black. It is ok for her to be violent agains others but doesn't want it happening to her. She is a big fat liar and until I hear the whole story, I am not believing. Hitting is never ever right but if someone deserved to be head butted it is this shrew! LMASO!! Sorry.

August 14, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charlene

@Shane I totally agree....hitting is never the right answer, but she should be ashamed of herself talking about him getting help!!! Did she get help for all the fights she started right before the camera?! Waht a joke!

August 14, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Name*casa smith

I don't feel sorry for her all the mess she has started and cause thats what she get BUT I DON'T AGREE WITH THE VIOLENCE she needed a head butt

August 14, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  63. LMAO

That lady knew that man was cheating on her cause they talked about it and she "I know my stuff isn't all that were you want cheat, but protect yourself". Now she finds a receipt from a purchase of condom and she want to trip, he should have told her to get out of the car and find you a way instead of head butting her. But what goes around comes around Ev how you like that. Bulley.

August 14, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • what the hell

Now she got to take care of him cause he has no job at all. hahahahahahahah

August 14, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  64. pat

they cannot remain together. it could happen again.

August 14, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  65. katelyn henderson

Why are these people important? This was not domestic violence. I have SEEN victims of Domestic violence, and this woman is not one. She is an opportunist, who is already using this "sick", ignorant situation for financial gain. It is appalling, when you think about the REAL victims of domestic violence, many of whom are no longer alive. I hope not to hear anything further from this woman. They both had great financial opportunities, and squandered it. Now they will join others who have to EARN a living. Although I have to say that anyone who plays football does earn their living because of the physical nature of the game, Evelyn needs to get a reality check, I am glad she was not hurt any worse than she was, but It's hard to believe that this was a two-way situation where they both are at fault. Maybe now they will grow up.

August 14, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  66. lorie

Domestic violence knows no color, race, religion, or economic background. Women need to support her whether you have experienced this or not.

August 14, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

And if she instigated the whole thing? If she attacked him, as her track record shows is fairly likely? Is domestic violence only objected to when the WOMAN suffers? Supporting her just because she's the one who complained is like supporting the terrorist because he was shot by the police. If he hit her without cause then he should be punished. If she got hurt while attacking him (which I feel more likely), then I wish Chad better judgement (what were you thinking?) in the future and hope she just goes away.

August 15, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  67. JK

@ Matt....um...Evelyn is hispanic. Thanks.

August 14, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  68. frowning

Violence is never to be condoned. Doesn't matter if you have a history of being violent, what your gender is, or your race! Don’t get me wrong, Ev has done her dirt, but does that mean this is okay for this to happen to her or anyone? Does this mean she deserves everything that come her way??? My answer will always be no! Who are we to judge? I wish the best for Chad and Ev, whether together or apart. No one is perfect, and everyone falls short. Some use their hands, feet, head, etc. Others use their words. Think about that the next time you criticize a situation you aren't in, nor was a witness to the entire situation.

August 14, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • equality

If she attacked him, then yes, she got what was coming to her. If someone, regardless of gender, is trying to claw your eyes out or stab you with a broken wineglass they're a combatant. If he just figured a headbutt was a fine way to end the debate, then he's a swine.

August 14, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • thundercat

Evelyn used be a bully on the reality show basketball wives and she bullied people now how you feel the shoe on the other foot. She is a GOLDDIGGER!!!!!!!! why she only marry pro atheletes because a man with a bachelor or master degree want marry her.

August 14, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  69. nottherepresentativeofblackwoman

@Sharon So True. Matt It's not that people are attacking her for speaking out against domestic violence, they are attacking her for her actions she needs to get help for her anger issues, she attacked people numerous times, jumping on tables and throwing wine bottles at someone's head. Why is ok for her to do? How can she be a spokeperson against violence when she is violent? Dont say Black woman as if all the Black women on this site represent all Black women

August 14, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  70. SandraD

Well its great that Lozada came out & talked about the domestic violence and didnt try to deny or minimize what happened, but what happens next. Is she going to return to a home where she cant even be safe, above it states that she couldnt calm him down & had to run to a neighbors house for help. What happens when no one is around?

August 14, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikki

What happens now? She already got a restraining order. She gets to live in the home until the divorce is settled. She'll probably end up with a sizeable settlement, in exchange for 39 days of marriage – which will allow her to open a second location for Dulce. He is now unemployed and can probably say goodbye to his existing home along with his career. We all know that Evelyn is perfectly capable of headbutting HIM, but unfortunately for him, there are no witnesses

August 14, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  71. MT

Amazing how she is against violence but she is pretty violent herself. She slaps people, she threw a bottle at someone etc. The only reason she married Ocho was for money (it's why she dropped Antoine Walker before they got married because she bled him dry $$). She is a poor-man's Kim Kardashian, and I can't wait to hear from Chad in regards to this.

August 14, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ayominde

OMG! I agree with you 100%. Evelyn is pretty violent and she will pick something up and throw it at anyway in her path. I don't condone Chad's behavior and I don't think a man should hit a woman however, I do feel sorry for him. This man was never in any kind of trouble until he hooked up with her and now look at him. She is the type of woman that will be content in ruining a man's life. She was bad news from the start.

August 14, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • hmmm

I agree.. Ev has nerve to critize another on violence.. That statement was well prepared to try and save her own career.. nothing more... she's trash

August 14, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pre-Nup

if there is a pre-nup she can't do anything to him.

August 14, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • thundercat

MT you are so right he said on the show if he could see other women and she caught him or saw or someone told him he was with another woman and Chad is stupid if he didn't get her to sign a pre-nupital agreement. Evelyn is straight up GOLDDIGGER, GREEDY, MONEY HUNGRY like the rest of the women of basketball wives and some of them are not married.

August 14, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  72. DCM

Are you people SERIOUS!!! All men cheat...and guess what....women do too!!! It is not a black thing...or a black man thing!! What is the mess about whites don't know how bad black females have it!!!? What are you talking about? Do you all think white women don't get cheated on and disrespected by their husbands? Just because she was loud and disrespectful to other females on her show that does not mean a man has a right to do what was done to her. PERIOD!!!!

August 14, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • notarepresentativeoffBlackwomen

No it does not give him the right, but what is good for the goose is good for the gander. She needs help too. Does she have the right to not accountable for her actiosn because she is a woman?

August 14, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • thundercat

You are so right men cheat good thing alot of women don't think like men it would be alot of AIDS and STD'S going around. It is best to be friends or friends with benefits. Chad "stupid" Johnson lost his job over this golddigger that sleep around she will be looking for the next baller.

August 14, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  73. رهملا لتيليدلب

What is happened here is wrong? She attacked her husband and he fights back. Lock her up already.

August 14, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Reese

reall couples do not have this drama–i have friends who are couples and they are doing well. this was a mess from the start. they need to get a divorce and move on

August 14, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Penny

I don't think that this is new to anyone who has watched Chad when he appeared on basketball wives.He was always disrespectful to her.My question is ,why did she marry him?

August 14, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • thundercat

Penny money of course!!!!!!!! because she can't make it on her own.

August 14, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Patricia

You talk about Domestic Violence, look @ the show you, yourself Eve, is on! She really committee abuse again those women's that was on the show Basketball Wives! I meant come on! Chad need to get him a quick Divorce as quick as he can!

August 14, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  77. j

im laughing becuase blacks consistantly "play the victim" to act trashy and loud 24/7.. White people dont know howhard you haveit? pleasE!!! we go to college, and work our asses off to get where we are. you expect it handed to ou.. my husband is black, there is a difference between a brother and a man.. and there is a difference between a classless femal and a female with class. stop playing the victum lady.. why do you date them in the first palce and have thee baby..??? and now it the whites fault,.. CLASSIC!!!!! but anyway i love you evelyn.. head up mama./
    <3 the white girl who doesnt put up with excuses to be classless...

August 14, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patricia

Well you are definitely the white girl who skipped spelling and grammar in school. Girl, your response is a hot mess, coupled with the fact that your alleged marriage to a black man now makes you the "authority" on the subject. I don't condone ignorant behavior from any ethnic group but puhleeease, fake all you want but you will NEVER EVER actually walk in the shoes of a black person and know the struggle. And BTW, Evelyn is Puerto Rican. Go back to class.

August 14, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Niki

@j – As a white woman I can honestly say that you are an embarassment to white women everywhere.

August 14, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alan

j? You went to college? really? Quit lying girl you know you're dumb as a box of rocks – and may God have mercy on that black man you are supposedly married to!

August 14, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  78. We are all human

You are right. Evelyn did all those things and she was dead wrong. She's still human and NO WOMAN should ever condone abuse whether it be physical or mental. In addition, if you followed the show you watched and observed how much love she had for her brother n law. Please give her a break. At the end of the day we are all human and we all experience some trying times.

August 14, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Chantal

Honey, I'm a black woman and I know where you be comin from. Them blak men be nothing but foos running aroun on us while we raise the chillen and fix the collard greens an coolaide. Peoples jus don unnerstand what it mean to be a blak woman dese days. We gots to work hard to keep our families together an our childs off the street.

August 14, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shanaynay

Word ! Preach it sister ! Whites don know nuthin about how hard we got it.

August 14, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phoenix

This is not a joke! Ev has shown her violent behavior many times and now Chad has to pay for it.

August 14, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Noobian Prinsess

Mmm hmm. That is the righteous truth honey. That no good baby daddy won't even go down to the Chinese store and pick me up a pack of vanilla Dutches.

August 14, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patricia

Nice try, but your incorrect use of ebonics is a dead giveaway that you are probably white.

August 14, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • thundercat

All alot of men want is one thing and that's the kitty once he get it. That's his choice to stay or leave and a man will say anything to get it he don't have to carry a baby and then the women look for the man to take care of her and her children that ain't even the children's father.

August 14, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Observer

A saying about laying down with dogs comes to mind.

And for the record, this type of behaviour is typical from your coloreds. Very typical. Especially in the sports community.

August 14, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shanequa

Din you be calling us that. We is kneeegroes. Proud peoples with an African heritage.

August 14, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shanequa

You raciist.

August 14, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • big.o

MISPLACE HATE, hope to meet you one day A**clown

August 14, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |

It's said that you would make this a race issue. Tiger Woods wife was as white as they come....what about her hostile behavior. It's people like you that give Americans a bad name. GTFU

August 14, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Penny

Domestic violence knows no color.

August 14, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phoenix

Observer, thats a narrow minded comment. Are Blacks also known for mass murder such as in Colorado and raping children such as in the Catholic community.

August 14, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • black AMERICAN

Your statement is ignorant

August 14, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deshawn

Mabe she need to learn when to keep her mouth shut.

August 14, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Leanna Douglas

This woman is not a victim!!! She is indeed more violent than Chad Johnson ever was. Chad Johnson is not the one who throw plates and drinks on people. Chad Johnson is not the one who is filmed getting into physical altercations. More Importantly, Chad Johnson is not the one who had a nationwide boycott against him. It's just Karma coming to bite her in the butt.

August 14, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  82. blessed729

First sympathy to Sylvia for the passing of her husband. Next, Ms. Evelyn Lozada do you not know what goes around comes around. Do not put your mouth in other people situations and when it happens to you it has to take up media time. Sit back, reflect on you and Jennifer whole situation and than take into consideration that at the end of the day she was correct. Funny thing is that after all of this, Jennifer is the one that would come running to you to be by your side. Be careful how you treat people.

August 14, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  83. why you mad???

Domestic violence or any violence for that matter is never okay. But come on Evelyn, you knew he wasn't gonna be faithful before you married him.. So why get mad over a condom receipt? Just be glad he used on.

August 14, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  84. Donna

What a hot a..... mess! Has she forgot how she's acted on Basketball wives fighting and keeping mess going with her old played out tail? Now that she got her tail popped all of a sudden she's speaking out and wants to help other women please! Her and Chad are a joke and they're a perfect example why black people are talked about they had careers making money something that so many people are hurting for these days and look what a shame they're not worth news stories give them a month or two and it'll be like the Chris Brown mess. They're nothing to be adored two grown fools that need to sit down and shut up they deserve each other not to mention did she forget the eposide on BW when she states if your going cheat wrap it up?

August 14, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Name*Ms Royissa

Talk about that ms. Donna!!!! Thats the exact thing im sayin. She said i know you on the road....@ least get some condoms , i wanna know!.....& he did! Lhh they a mess & she def contradicted herself

August 14, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Ladytruth

No one should hit or abuse anyone else. Eve showed her true colors when she became physical on national TV. I have found that generally you get what you give. She is only a victim if she stays in the situation. I say the same thing to him. Who ever started it is one thing, but excepting it is another.

August 14, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  86. Leon

EXACTLY ^^^^

August 14, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  87. What a joke

fully agree with Sharon Newman...she is such a joke and makes a mokery out of domestic violence for the women who are truely battered!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 14, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  88. unsurprised

She made the statement so she can use it against him in court later. They will be done in 6 months. Or as soon as she finds another baller to foot her bills.

August 14, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  89. Sharon Newman

Oh now Eve its not ok. It was ok when your friend slapped Jennifer, it was ok when you threw a wine bottle at someones head, its was ok when you was jumping on tables trying to get at someone. it was ok when you were the one doing it. now that your a victim, you want to speak out against it. You are a joke..

August 14, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Matt

I love when black women attack other black women for speaking out against domestic violence. Very pathetic.

August 14, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Messed up Logic

Really Ms. Newman? Certainly 2 wrongs don't make a right. Wrong is wrong. Whatever Ev did in her past, she'll have to come to terms and answer for it in her own right. However, that does not mean that she deserves it or can not realize the impact violence has through personal experience. Domestic violence is NEVER a joke, no matter who the offender is and no matter who is preyed upon. If just one person (male or female) learns anything from the situation or her words, then your assertion that she is a 'joke' is FLAWED LOGIC

August 14, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |