Reality TV comes knocking for Olympic champs
August 10th, 2012

Reality TV comes knocking for Olympic champs

Endorsements are expected to pour in for top Olympic athletes, but it appears that reality TV offers are as well.

Swimming sensation and all-around headline-creator Ryan Lochte has reportedly been offered a variety of reality show concepts, his sports agent has informed the Hollywood Reporter.

While his agent couldn't dish on the exact shows in play, she did say that "two different reality show concepts have been offered, and one additional is being discussed."

Certainly, Lochte wouldn't need to delve into reality TV for the money - the winner of five medals at the London Olympic games already has deals with Speedo, Gatorade, Ralph Lauren and Gillette, THR reports, noting that Fortune magazine estimated his 2012 income from endorsements to be around $2.3 million.

The 28-year-old, who told "Today" that he wants to move to Los Angeles to focus on a dream of creating his own fashion line, added to "Good Morning America" that he's not counting out reality competition shows like "Dancing with the Stars." And as for what his own reality program might look like, it "definitely wouldn't be your normal reality TV show because I'm definitely not your normal guy," Lochte said.

Meanwhile, track and field gold medalist Sanya Richards-Ross has reportedly sealed a deal for her own reality show pilot on WEtv, according to Deadline Hollywood.

Richards-Ross is said to have filmed the pilot before she left for London, focusing on her training as well as her private life with husband Aaron Ross, a two-time Super Bowl champ who now plays for the Jacksonville Jaguars. The WEtv show would focus on the competitive rivalry this athletic pair have, as well as offer a glimpse of Richards-Ross' relationship with her mom/agent, dad/manager, and sister/business partner.

Richards-Ross and her husband were previously on WEtv in an episode of "Platinum Weddings."

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. Sean Jon

You are so cool! I do not believe I have read something like this before. So wonderful to discover someone with some unique thoughts on this subject. Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This web site is one thing that is required on the internet, someone with some originality!

May 16, 2013 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sean Jon

Hi, {I do believe|I do think} {this is an excellent|this is a great} {blog|website|web site|site}. I stumbledupon it ;) {I will|I am going to|I'm going to|I may} {come back|return|revisit} {once again|yet again} {since I|since i have} {bookmarked|book marked|book-marked|saved as a favorite} it. Money and freedom {is the best|is the greatest} way to change, may you be rich and continue to {help|guide} {other people|others}.

May 13, 2013 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sean Jon

This is a topic {that is|that's|which is} {close to|near to} my heart... {Cheers|Many thanks|Best wishes|Take care|Thank you}! {Where|Exactly where} are your contact details though?

May 13, 2013 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sean Jon

{Hi|Hello|Hi there|Hello there|Howdy|Greetings}, {I think|I believe|I do believe|I do think|There's no doubt that} {your site|your website|your web site|your blog} {might be|may be|could be|could possibly be} having {browser|internet browser|web browser} compatibility {issues|problems}. {When I|Whenever I} {look at your|take a look at your} {website|web site|site|blog} in Safari, it looks fine {but when|however when|however, if|however, when} opening in {Internet Explorer|IE|I.E.}, {it has|it's got} some overlapping issues. {I just|I simply|I merely} wanted to {give you a|provide you with a} quick heads up! {Other than that|Apart from that|Besides that|Aside from that}, {fantastic|wonderful|great|excellent} {blog|website|site}!

May 13, 2013 at 4:08 am | Report abuse |
  5. Dhow Cruise in Dubai

Hmmmmmmm,,, thats While his agent couldn't dish on the exact shows in play, she did say that "two different reality show concepts have been offered,,,,,,.,.,

February 16, 2013 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  6. so sad.

truly

January 29, 2013 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  7. Dhow Cruise Dinner in Dubai

Thanks beautiful, http://dubaidhow.com/ you can enjoy here. Thanks again

January 29, 2013 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
  8. Sean Jon

This is a great tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere. Brief but very accurate info… Many thanks for sharing this one. A must read article!

January 26, 2013 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. arab dating, arab dating website, arab dating and marriage

This site certainly has all of the information I wanted concerning this subject and didn’t know who to ask.

January 26, 2013 at 3:38 am | Report abuse |
  10. jillmarie

Ryan Locktye for the next "Bachelor", please, ABC! It would renew many viewers interest in the franchise. I have heard he want to do that plus DWTS- strike while the iron's hot!

August 13, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. TV?

the tv is off, you people who "watch tv" don't even seem like your really watching these shows.

August 13, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. control?

i volunteer at 2 hospitals..what do you volunteer in?

August 13, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. take-control

Rather than complain about how pathetic TV is these days,
    Turn it off! Read a book, volunteer, or enjoy an evening walk. Just TURN IT OFF! ! !

August 13, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ttm18

i barely watch it because its not real.

August 13, 2012 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  15. mmi16

Reality TV is unreal.

August 13, 2012 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
  16. Sokman

Next on my list is Serenity: A Shepard's Tale. There's definately more to Bishop than meets the eye, & I wanna find out what. I've figured out he had some sort of relationship with the Alliance at some point, but there's gotta be a great story behind it.

August 12, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Sokman

Hear Hear c-dude's uncle! Not sure about best ever, but Firefly kicked a$s. In fact just yesterday I picked up the Serenity: Better Days graphic novel. Its Suh-weet. The graphic novels help tie up loose ends the sreies & movie didn't get a chance to.

August 12, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  18. tv

i agree. stop watching tv.

August 12, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  19. cole

i think reality t.v. is awful, it seems a reflection of how stupid people are. there are so many subjects and themes in the world for something new in television and yet again!!!!

August 12, 2012 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  20. Sokman

Thanks Bruce Jenner, for making Olympians think they can be reality tv stars. At least he's got a couple s3xy stepdaughters. Anybody remember when he replaced Eric Estrada on CHIPS?

August 10, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • cytosporian

Yeah, but CHiPS was actually a cool show. I watched it all the time when I was a kid. None of the new "reality" shows are worth 5 seconds of anyones time. Most of them are scripted and fake. Okay, maybe ALL of them are. Who cares.

August 12, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Clete

That's what television certainly needs...more reality shows.

August 10, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • cytosporians uncle

What television REALLY needs is: the return of FIREFLY. Best show ever. Fox canceled it before it even had a chance to take off. TV execs are greedy morons.

August 12, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  22. SATS.

always there...xo

August 10, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  23. cole

somebody from town (just) told me she's in this 2nd conspiracy.

August 10, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  24. cole

somebody from town she's tin here also like the last conspiracy-

August 10, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Sokman

Ok I'll enter, but don't you think a Mister Europe from Missouri is going to raise a European unibrow or two?

August 10, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Well

If you are going to enter, Sokman, we'd better get Mr Ed, Mad, Jellybean, Richard Fore, and the rest to jump in. You will represent the Marquee Blog. We're pulling for ya guys! lol

August 10, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • rick perry

Let us not forget triumph, boneyard, and and oh sh!t I forgot.

August 10, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Sandra

All the most beautiful men are welcome to participate to the most prestigious European Beauty pageant:
    Official web site for Mister Europe: