August 9th, 2012

Exclusive: Behind the scenes of 'Hunger Games'

The cast of "The Hunger Games" were working by the sweat of their brow while filming the franchise's first installment, and we mean that literally.

In an exclusive clip from the upcoming Blu-ray release of the film, which will arrive August 18 along with the regular old DVD, Willow Shields (who played Prim), Isabelle Fuhrman (Clove), and Alexander Ludwig (Cato) reminisce about how beautiful the scenery was surrounding the set - but also how brutally hot.

As Ludwig points out, their costumes didn't help, as each actor portraying a tribute had a jacket to wear which, as a North Carolinian would tell you, isn't optimal in high Southern temps.

Check out the video above to hear more behind the scenes details about filming in North Carolina. "The Hunger Games" will also be available as a digital download as well as on demand in addition to its physical forms starting at 12:01 a.m. on August 18.

Filed under: Hunger Games • movies

1. Marti Ford

how about if you dont like the movie, DONT CLICK ON THE ARTICLE!!!!!!. idiots..

August 13, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Darlene

Obama sent federal agents wearing masks into San Diego to terrorize law-abiding cancer patients and shut down all state sanctioned medical marijuana dispensaries and gave assault rifles to drug cartels. Obama is a thug.

August 13, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. GUESS WHO JACK IS?

HAVE WE FIGURED OUT THIS ONE IS?

August 13, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  3. TROLL

THE TROLL FEELS THEY'VE ACCOMPLISHED FOR TODAY...ALL IN THE FOLDER..."MICHELLE"
    "

August 13, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  4. Rick

Look, it's King Joffrey!

(Yeah yeah, I know)

August 13, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jack

Bill:

Meet me down at the store at 10:15 Monday morning.

Thanks.

Jack

August 12, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Please help me...

Give me strength..who are you people.

August 12, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. David Yussuff

I have nothing else to say, the film was below expectation and it has no good storyline

August 12, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Nik without a C

I can tell all of you I have read the books, I am waiting for the Hunger Games on Blu Ray. To all those who hide behind keyboards you have been just deleted. I love the books, I couldn't put all three down. I believe that the stories are true to the book and the director said, he tries and stays true to the books. I am desperate to see the movie considering it is in North Carolina.

August 12, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  9. mrkrabbz

I haven't read the books cuz I'm a cheapskate and lazy to do so. I did however sneak in to see the movie just outta curiosity. The costumes were stupid,the hobo guy that liked her was stupid,and the other huge jaw kid was also stupid. However the actress has nice butt and lips and that my fishy friends is always a good thing. I'd like to see her bikini'd bottom! yukyukyukyukyuk

August 12, 2012 at 3:33 am | Report abuse |
  10. hungryphartt

What tha hell is this crapola??? This United States has truthfully gone MAD!

August 11, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karen

Obama sent federal agents wearing masks into San Diego to terrorize law-abiding cancer patients and shut down all state sanctioned medical marijuana dispensaries. Obama is a thug.

August 11, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  11. palintwit

If I was a republican I'd get a "Don't Tread on Me" flag tattooed on my butt.

August 11, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  12. Adolf

Hunger games is gay. I would make Katniss ride me like a stallion . . . forward and reverse

August 11, 2012 at 4:43 am | Report abuse |
  13. poets

Hi there, You have done an excellent job. I?ll definitely digg it and individually suggest to my friends. I'm confident they'll be benefited from this site.

August 11, 2012 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  14. Steve-O

I'd like to get behind Katniss if you know what I mean.

August 10, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • GetOffYourHighHorse

Yes! Yes I do. I too would like to get behind Katniss.

August 10, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Peacsktr

right on michelle

August 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  16. thats it--

and i still don't know who the heck i'm talking to. its a month of indirect fights with people i don't know.

August 10, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  17. discussions..

i can do that but if you treat me like crap i can't respond that well. just tell me how you want this friendship to go.
    i don't want to be clobbered every minute. i have to run.

August 10, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  18. cnn-fine wrong.

then use the txt so i understand i am reaching something, i'll come see you when your there to say hi–just give me the green light to do it. i don't have to come in the store..just come out, as soon as i open up a bit..then someone pops in and says they got me...thats not right–i'll give you an email in time but i don't want out...

August 10, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  19. michelle

Thanks to marsha laura and peacsktr. you are correct. c somepeople get the books

August 10, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Never Ending Story

you have tx did you use it yet to say hey! ... no... if you wanted the movie to start you would have sent it
    its the same story and still no beep on the phone to see if we are alright. yesterday and today were the worst
    again towards me–i have work to do

August 10, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  21. michelle

And twilight is not a crack book. idiiot whoever said that. twilight and the hunger games are similar but mainly THEY ARE BOTH WONDERFUL SO IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT SOMETHING DONT POST IT ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 10, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  22. michelle

None of u guys know what u r talking about execept 4 the few that said this. THE HUNGER GAMES BOOKS ARE GREAT!!!!!! ALL OF THE BOOKS WERE WONDERFUL.!! IF THE THIRD WAS A LETDOWN THEN YOU DONT FULLY UNDERSTAND THE HUNGER GAMES. AND YOU PEOPLE DONT LIKE THE PEOPLE PLAYING THE CHARACTERS BECAUSE ITS NOT WHAT YOU PICTURED WHEN YOU READ THE BOOKS. YALL BETTER LISTEN UP.. ARE YOU LISTENING? IF YOU ARE GOOD IF NOT THEN START LISTENING!!! I CHAELLENGE YOU ALL TO GO BACK AND READ THE SERIES AGAIN. EVERY WORD. IF SOMETHING CONFUSES YOU BACK UP A LITTLE AND READ AGAIN. if something is still confusing post it and you will understand then. We will explain. SO YALL BETTER QUIT TALKING BAD BOUT THE HUNGER GAMES. I DO NOT CARE IF YOU DONT AGREE I AM A SMART GIRL. I GET IT.(THE HUNGER GAMES) so stop saying they suck. prim is a tribute because it was least likely she would be picked. try this website. fanfiction.net then type in hunger games. or search for once upon a time. then go to the bottom where it says narrow search.

August 10, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sr;lsy

yeah Hungergames movie fun. thebooks blech. I liked katniss in the movie, then read the book and got into her head, which wasnt a fun time. Shes a pretty selfish beeyatch.

August 11, 2012 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
    • George Park

I have read the Hunger Games trilogy. The main objection that I have to the movie (which I saw 4 times) is that Katniss is portrayed as a bit stronger personality than the books. In the books Katniss is a typical young teenage girl. She runs and hides at every crisis in her life. Always hangs onto others for protection. Never has much direction in her life. The only really good thing she ever did was to learn to hunt to support her mother and sister. Otherwise, don't disturb – I'm behind the cabinet in a corner crying about the cat hissing at me.

August 11, 2012 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
    • jimbojones

The books are teeny-bopper nonsense and the first movie was ridiculously bad. May this series die a swift box office death and be forgotten like afterbirth.

August 11, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hey Smart Girl

Just for the record "Smart girl" The word you are looking for is Challenge not CHAELLENGE /sigh

August 13, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  23. oh boo hoo no chemistry...boo hoo movie...

basic friendship is an issue also...how do i know you won't have a c there when i arrive...do you understand what i am saying here. you give no ounce of a chance for a chemistry because you jab me around all the time.

August 10, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  24. KP

Give me a break. When they've tried wearing two layers of fire resistant clothing topped with an alumnized suit sampling molten steel for $10/hr they can complain!

US manufacturing is the true 'Hunger Games.' Stop putting lame Hollywood actors on pedastals!!

August 10, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Chemistry

chemistry? what chemistry from a computer?..you do not speak, nothing comes out of your mouth, so therefore how can you develop a chemistry even in basic friendship if you do not speak.

just realized....this could be a possible tot intervention like yesterday afternoon right?

August 10, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  26. chemistry? what chemistry?

as long as he can jab that's chemistry...as soon as i open my mouth i'm a crackhead ... what a lover boy huh?

August 10, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Just0r

Boring-ist movie ever. The main girl and the little kid from Mysterious Island Have ZERO Chemistry.

August 10, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  28. and....

shut the f-ck up who cares

August 10, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Peacsktr

I own the trilogy and love them all and I saw the midnight premiere of the hunger games loved even more and now dieing to by the blueray special edtion. * Impatiently waiting for Catching fire *

P.S. THE PERSON BELOW COMPARING IT TO TWILIGHT HAS NO IDEA WHAT THERE TALKING ABOUT, TWILIGHT IS ****** THE HUNGER GAMES IS WAY BETTER ON A DIFFRENT PLANET BETTER NO COMPARISON WHAT SO EVER.

August 10, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Bum

jud's libros remain

August 10, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  31. cat

Why was prim a tribute?

August 10, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  32. Go Away Already

we got it now.

August 10, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  33. warren

The racists patrol this site just make comments.hide behind your keyboard.

August 10, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  34. Adolf

Jews dont deserve to live

August 10, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  35. Adolf

Cocoloco is a pedophile.

August 10, 2012 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  36. Adolf

Cocoloco is a pedophile. Jennifer Lawrence is bangable.

August 10, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  37. Kinsley

The books ans the movie was AWESOME!!!!! It was the best movie tht i have ever seen and i have seen a lot of movies!

August 10, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  38. Hunger.

i'm not too sure about this movie...but i am still curious, hungry about it.

August 10, 2012 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  39. Thats ma'am to you

I haven't seen the movie yet but have read all the books. The first one was a real page turner-I couldn't put it down. The second in the installment was good but not great. The final one was disappointing. I don't expect much from the movie, but we'll see!

August 10, 2012 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  40. Pooologist

A dirty crack will become itchy and results in smelly fingers

August 10, 2012 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  41. bigrearhouse

daping = dabye

August 10, 2012 at 4:59 am | Report abuse |
  42. LILY

iI COME TO AMERICA TO HOW YOU SAY- MAKE MUCHO DINERO SO I NO GO HOME IN MY BANANA BOAT. I NO SPEAKE THE GOOD INGLES SENORES.

August 10, 2012 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  43. laura

heard about the movie so i read the books....they r AWESOME!!!!! Cant wait to c movie

August 10, 2012 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  44. cbtx67

I HATED the books, more twilight type drivel. Don't they know teenagers are smarter than that?It could have been epic, but turned it into such tripe. I won't bother seeing the movie.

August 9, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Whitney is dead...

her daughter is alive. we must pay respect to a child who had a crack head mother.

August 9, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jordan

I personally didnt like the books, the first was good second okay third horrible bbut once u read it ull want 2 know the ending, just a warning but it may save u from going to the theatre

August 9, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Ping

ping = buh bye.

August 9, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  48. marsha

Ive not read the books.The movie was great! whoever said it sucked is such a liar! The acting was on point and jennifer lawrence did a great job as well as the other actors. Liam was gorgeous! The scenery was nice! the beginning was intriguing. i did not fall asleep in this movie as i usually do. Kudos to the director!

August 9, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Penny

The movie SUCKED but the books are great.

August 9, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  50. c

the books are better then the movie, as always

August 9, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  51. bilbo

Battle royal > hunger games

August 9, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • LinSea

Lord of the Flies, The Running Man, The Most Dangerous Game > Battle Royale.

August 10, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • GetOffYourHighHorse

Battle Royale was not good. Not good at all.

August 10, 2012 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Jus

its on between 2 and 3 right?

August 9, 2012 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Jeff

I'm really thinking about reading the books. Are they ok? Most say they liked the movie.

August 9, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • jasonander

They're a good read.

August 9, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cocoloco

READ THEM, they are good but like people said the third one is a let down, its worth the read but the movie casting is a let down for me they look kinda of too old for my liking

August 10, 2012 at 5:48 am | Report abuse |
    • LinSea

There's a lot more to the story that you just can't get from the movie. Read the books.

August 10, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cath

I loved the books. I was so bummed when they were over, that I read them again straight through. It's just a great example of how the human spirit can triumph. Makes me think of the real rebellion in Syria-how much courage it is taking to bring down an evil regime.

August 10, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |