Drake unveils song with Aaliyah, 'Enough Said'
August 6th, 2012

Drake unveils song with Aaliyah, 'Enough Said'

Just weeks away from the 11th anniversary of Aaliyah's death on August 25, we have a new single featuring the late songstress, courtesy of Drake.

On Sunday, the track "Enough Said" was posted to Drake's blog, showcasing Aaliyah's smooth, effortless talent combined with the rapper's lyricism.

HipHopDX reported last week that such a single would bow on August 5, and noted at the time that there have been whispers about Drake overseeing a new Aaliyah album.

The actor/rapper did tell the Tim Westwood in March that he had some "great Aaliyah news coming soon ... Just some special things," and that same month, producer Jeffrey "J. Dub" Walker tweeted that a song he produced, "Steady Ground," was going to be on a forthcoming disc.

However, Idolator reports that Aaliyah's brother Rashad Haughton countered Walker's claim with a tweet of his own stating that there isn't an "official album being released and supported by the Haughton family."

And if that's not enough to leave fans scratching their heads, one of Aaliyah's famed longtime collaborators, Timbaland, appears to be out of the loop.

Responding to the reports that Drake was going to executive produce the record, Timbaland recently told Power 105.1's The Breakfast Club, "I know they trying to drop some Aaliyah records, but if [Drake does] do it, it should be with me, and him, and Missy. No he hasn't [contacted me]. I don't know what's going on. The proper way to do that would be for me, him and Missy to be all on the record. To put it on his record, it would just not be right."

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Kerri Fantroy

Modern vehicle manufacturing nearly always includes a complete system of some kind from the factory when the car is assembled. This is referred to as the 'stock' system, or OEM system. These systems can be supplied by an exclusive vendor to the manufacturer to their specification, or other company that specializes in design or production of such equipment.,

Have a look at all of the most interesting post at our blog
    <http://www.foodsupplementcenter.com

April 27, 2013 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Naadirah

Aaliyah has had GREAT Music with numerous hits .....a beautiful voice, body n spirit.......i feel like Drake is over stepping his boundaries with using Aaliyah's voice......he didnt contact r.kelly, timberland, missy elliott or the family.....i think its only going to b the one song and thts it.......some people never let people R.I.P .................drake just makes himself look dumb and gonna get his ass sued

August 9, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  3. Still Jimmy Brooks to me!

He is good at acting, it suits him because he pretends to be a musician but his work is unoriginal and tasteless... This guy is a joke. Just see his publicity stunts for attention and the "crew" that follows him...

August 8, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  4. Michael Peter Caliazzo

Her voice is beyond measure.

August 7, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  5. BeWise

Everybody wants a piece of the pie. Won't be long before Michael Jackson's family stakes a claim on this, too.

August 7, 2012 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  6. yo-

he be needin a large coffee and 2 aspirin.

August 7, 2012 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  7. Deadliyah

She's been dead for over a decade...Why are people still leeching off this mediocre singer. She didn't even have rememberal hits. I understand recreating songs with Tupac or Michael Jackson or more famous musicians who did good work, but there's nothing evem special about this woman.

August 7, 2012 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Courtney

Really?,@least she wasn't a doped up thug that was murdered by someone who the police don't care to find and bring to justice.Aww what's the matter? your mad at the world b/c your life sucks well don't take your anger out on a dead person it's not her fault.

August 7, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
    • netofunk

Rememberal?

August 7, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • ICallIt

Obviously you don't know talent. You know the mainstream that has been pumped through your car speakers when you turn on your radio. There's talent out there that will overwhelm any mainstream artist, its just the fact that they haven't been able to have that luck to be known. Aaliyah had huge hits, ones that were too good for the radio. I would suggest that you listen to her albums.

August 11, 2012 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • AaliyahFan

Stop Hater !!!1 AAliyah was more than U will ever be.Aaliyah was an American recording artist, dancer, actress and model. she had so much going for her for her life to be cut short

March 26, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. whalewatch

its only blogging folks have fun with it.

August 7, 2012 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  9. foo real?

Joke. That's all he is....

August 7, 2012 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  10. Rocky

he be gettin respect soon.

August 7, 2012 at 5:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Reddy Rock

crazy yo.
      One dis time poliz be tryin to sweat me bekuz I be have dat pager an dope rimz. Ya knaw be meanin.
      Dey be lookin. But my me know dat rims and a blunt git respec ou here. Yo he be getin rims bigir den minz yo.
      Crazy yo. He be rims to crazy wit bluntz and 40, knaw what I be sayin yo.
      He tinks he git rims and 40. I be grown man yo, I be reden wit dis yo.

August 7, 2012 at 6:09 am | Report abuse |
  11. Reddy Rock

He be aint gets no respec, crazy yo.

August 7, 2012 at 5:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. Speaking

this is speaking?

August 7, 2012 at 5:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Reddy Rock

He tinks he be bes rapper in da hood. I be 48 yer ole and writ songs make money wit rims an a pager. I be readin and stuff,lik no one be any ting me. He tell me do somethin No I be my new peps and hiz peps boss. Maybe he be is da bes rapper, but he make nuff money to get paid by him an axe him who rap nuff peps.
      He tinks no I be the one who gratumated from fif grade and tell dem how he be do tings.
      He be come my hoz and be crazy.
      Knaw I mean yo. You be knowin what I be sayin yo.

August 7, 2012 at 5:54 am | Report abuse |
  13. LILY

WHAT IS THIS YOU ALL SPEEK OE SINORES?

August 7, 2012 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  14. Dion

I realize that this "artist" Drake is if nothing else good for tabloid fodder but if this effort is any evidence of his artistry then I just don't understand his appeal. I was/am a huge Aaliyah fan and I'm not sure if this collaboration would have gone exactly in this direction if she had any input. Aaliyah's music never used grotuitous profanity even in her early years so it doubtful that she would have as a successful seasoned artist. It's a shame too because I was really excited to read that there was a new Aaliyah project.

August 7, 2012 at 2:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Sharrita

You have to remember she made songs with artists like DMX which was a foul as it got back think.

August 7, 2012 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Sharrita

You have to remember she made songs with artists like DMX which was a foul as it got back then. Just think about it.

August 7, 2012 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  15. Rimon genesis

Eeeh wit tech it can happen but drake w ar waitin

August 7, 2012 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  16. ef fb

Cheeseball. He should stick to nightclub crawls.

August 7, 2012 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  17. Courtney

Dude is not going to stop me from speaking my mine.Well thats what you get for typing so fast and not proof reading that's my fault. Like I said that's messed up to find artistes way before her time their music can be find in music stores,iTunes etc but not hers?.Timland ,The Haughton family for eleven years haven't done nothing and don't
    attend to.@Dude if anything is atrocious its
    you. If you gonna correct people on their
    grammar and spelling just don't signal out
    one person ,call out everyone on here about
    their grammar and spelling.By the way you
    forgot to put a period at the end of the
    exclamation point. Here's a fact a sentence is
    not complete without a period.Drake this is really respectful of you to honor a talented young woman who died doing something she loved. Gone but not forgotten forever Aaliyah Rip Babygirl.

August 6, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Pest

who cares

August 6, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  19. c'est pas complique

Aaliyah liked corny @ss NSYNC. She would have loved Drake if she loved that craptacular excuse for pop music.

Haters get a clue.

August 6, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Nuisance

I disagree with the way alot of ppl, do thngs,is tht a reason tu b racist or even hate, thts the prblm wit amerika. for wat the A.Amercan race went thru we shuld jus b glad we r able tu even listen tu a beat.RIP Aaliyah

August 6, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  21. 1817

Missy and Timbo are not as hot as they used to be. Drake on the other had is and that may be ONE of the reasons why Drake got the gold, so to speak. I listened to the song and it's good! I don't get why most u all hate Drake so much; did he say or do something recently that I missed? Drake IS talented and has got some hot music out there and am happy he has his hands in this project. I def go b layin may cash out for this CD!! DRAKE RULES!!!!!

August 6, 2012 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Diva8088

Im sendn him a 4 page lettta and i sealed it with a kiiiiissss! I miss that voice.

August 6, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  23. warren

wow so much hatred for drake! I am not fan but i will give a chance honor aaliyah!

August 6, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • B-Ran

Pretty sure Aaliyah would have hated this Canadian dopey trash guy Drake! When you are making music with the best producer, Timbaland! Drake is seriously NOTHING in comparison!

August 6, 2012 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Courtney

You guys are so stupid ,Timland and Missy Aaliyah's family haven't done nothing with her music in Eleven year, ELEVEN!!! Her music she left behind is out of print in America but still can find buddy Holly's sitting on shelves at the music stores but not Aaliyah's that's messed up.they block that biopic movie they wanted to make about her life it's like that don't to keep her legacy alive something that was her passion brought to her an early demise of her young life. Drake is only doing what her family should be doing keeping her legacy alive . I'm giving Drake credit on this one I hope the album takes off. So gave the guy a break and if you are a Aaliyah fan be happy a least someone care about her music and legacy rip Babygirl

August 6, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Tom

Wow...autotune much????

August 6, 2012 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • G

You're an idiot if you believe that was autotuned. I'll take your reply as a poor example of how to hate.

August 7, 2012 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  26. Greg

If Drake is in it I will do everything I can to avoid listening to it.

August 6, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Shelli

There's nothing wrong with Drake wanting to pay homage to Aaliyah. He's a big fan of hers (wears her image on his earpiece while performing) and this song is great. And while I really like Timbaland and Missy Elliott, they have no more right to release her music than anyone else. Her mother and father are over her estate, not Timbaland. I don't know why he's so "offended" about possibly not being included in an album anyway. Aaliyah has been dead for almost 11 years. Why hasn't Timbaland released an album in all these years?

August 6, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • B-Ran

Do your research chick. Timbaland has released SEVERAL albums in that time frame!

August 6, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • I love drake

if by pay homage you mean make a quick buck off a dead person by associating his name with her. What a cheap uncreative underhanded talentless means of giving yourself the illusion of success by piggybacking off someone else's talent. What a prik

August 6, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Mike

Aaliyah still sounds like an angel! This song is a decent effort on Drakes part and Aaliyah sounds magnificent. Even if folks don't respect or care for Drake as a person, I think they should still be objective about the music. Particularly because it highlights someone who was taken from us all too soon.

I'm not sure why Timbo feels like Drake owes him anything. I know that Aaliyah was his and Missys "baby gurl", but I would think that those handling Aaliyahs estate allowed Drake to use this. I am sure that Missy and Timbo are talented enough to create something just as nice, if not better, if given the opportunity.

RIP Aaliyah!

August 6, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Twna B.

Ok give Drake a brake you guy's. It's only music......................

August 6, 2012 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • B-Ran

That is NOT music! I love how ghettos like to stick up for other ghettos! Never understood that

August 6, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • juice

Ghetto??? Did u just say ghetto?? Drake was in degrassi and in Canada how is that ghetto?? Tell me when he grew up in places like southcentral l.a. watts or compton

August 6, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • B-Ran

I said HE was ghetto, never said he was from the ghetto. Idiot! Being from Canada and being on that stupid tween soap opera doesn't make him any better, lol!

August 6, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • NewageMind

Break*..... And just fyi, "rap" isn't music. Music takes skill and talent.

August 7, 2012 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
    • G

B-Ran, obviously you don't know music or Drake.

Newage, rap is definitely music, it may not be your taste as you probably can't relate, but never the less its music.

August 7, 2012 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  30. Anthony Helix

Aaliyah sounds great, as she always did/does. Drake should do the respectful thing and bring in Timba, and Missy like anyone with common sense and respect would do. He didn't offer a whole lot in this song, it's Aaliyah that carries him in the song, and it sounds like a poor attempt at a remix by a third world DJ. I love good music, and Drake is good, but it helps if U don't step on other folks toes.

August 6, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  31. B-Real

This isn't right. Drake is a coward and a loser. How dare he unveil a song w/ the late and great Aaliyah.

August 6, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  32. damu

COLEWORLD < YMCB

August 6, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Jenna

Don't you love all these loser wanna-be's that glom on to dead people's music?

August 6, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  34. evan

drake is a loser, Go back to degrassi or better yet canada... anyone who throws a bottle at a person in a club should get knocked out, seriously it reminds me of a 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum. Aliyah was so talented its a shame drake gets to use her voice in his poor excuse of what some might call music.

August 6, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Author, G. D. Grace

Reblogged this on Author, G. D. Grace.

August 6, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Juan

How pathetic for him to use a great talent like Aaliyah for his personal gain and interest. What a loser!

August 6, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  37. sad stuff.

how does this guy walk around with her.

August 6, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  38. indahouse.

i love drake and i love rap. rihanna looks desperate and frantic.

August 6, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • NoClue

To call Drake rap you obviously have no idea what rap is. Drake isn't rap and he's not r&b. Monotone crap.

August 6, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  39. B-Ran

I freakin HATE Drake! Ugh am I the only one that thinks he's annoying?!?! He looks some dumb and dopey too! Lol I hate rap too so that just makes him seem like that much of a loser to me! I thought he was Lil Wayne when I first heard his whack so called "music" Who I also think is whack! Idk when it became cool and acceptable to have ZERO talent to get a record deal! I wish todays music concept were like the old days, when you actually had to be able to sing in order to get a deal!

August 6, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • whutevr

No, B-RAN. I can't stand him, either. He's such a poser. And he sounds like a little b..ch. Every time I hear one of his songs I ask my nieces who it is because it's so bad and it's always him.

August 6, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • B-Ran

Right?! I don't understand why people think it is cool to be ghetto!! Like seriously, who told people it made them look cool to walk with a limp? It makes you look like a r3tard moron! And seriously why do people think speaking in ebonics is cool too?!?! Seriously it's people like Drake, Lil Wayne, and all these other ghetto thugs that make people racist! Its disgusting!

August 6, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • stfu

Get a hold urself man ur sounding like a hating pathetic loser snap out of it

August 6, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • But of course

stfu? Does that stand for suck thick fat unicorn dongg?

August 6, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peggy Sue

@B-Ran trying to have a rap name?It sucks lol,by the way I love that limp they do it gets me wet.

August 7, 2012 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  40. BIGTRAILOR

somebody watching bf,hb,gf,bf.

August 6, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  41. DominicanBeauty07

I love it!!! Her voice will always be beautiful. Drake is not required to have Timbland, or Missy in the album. He's his own person/artist and if he had the idea to feature the late Aaliyah in one of his albums, than he simply can, especially if it's done out of respect and tastefully.

August 6, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • DominicaHaveNoClue

Yes he is required that is Aaliyah's crew. They should be the only one's to even play with that idea. Drake knows nothing about nothing, and sounds like neither do you. Do your research darling.

August 6, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |