Clint Eastwood throws support behind Romney
August 6th, 2012

Clint Eastwood throws support behind Romney

It could have been a scene from one of his films, but fortunately for Mitt Romney, it was no act when Clint Eastwood endorsed him Friday night.

At a fundraiser in the Idaho resort town of Sun Valley, where Eastwood owns a home, Romney said the legendary actor and director "just made my day."

But Eastwood showed up at the Sun Valley resort as a citizen concerned about the direction of the country, telling reporters beforehand he was backing the Republican presidential candidate "because I think the country needs a boost somewhere."

FULL STORY

1. DMJEFFERSON

I FEEL THAT IT'S A SHAME THAT THE GOP DRAGGED CLINT EASTWOOD ONTO THAT STAGE LAST NIGHT. THE MAN IS CLEARLY SUFFERING FROM ALZHIEMER OR SOME OTHER MENTAL DISABILITY. THIS FACT CANNOT BE SUGAR COATED. PLEASE, YOU GLORIFIED TALKING HEADS, PUT OUT THE REAL STORY, "THE GOP HAS BLOWN IT'S BRAIN OUT AGAIN BY EMBRASSING THIS AILING OLD MAN. SUCH DUMB, RUTHLESS, UNDERTAKING REALLY SPOTLIGHT THE SHORT COMMINGS OF THE GOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 31, 2012 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. sassysticks53

Clint Eastwood – one butt ugly dude who looks dead already! So he's supporting a rich dude for Pres. Big deal – NOT!

August 17, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  3. Robert Eastwood

He is probably just keeping a close eye on the situation :)

LOL

And I am due beer and travel money.

August 16, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Donchevere

Crap! I was going to vote for Obama! Oh, well, if Clint thinks Romney is better then I guess I'll vote for Romney...

August 14, 2012 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. susanbellnc

Wow, a rich man endorsing Mitt Romney. There's a big surprise....said no one ever.

August 12, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. al

clints next boost is in the ground

August 11, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Read between the lines

He's not for Romney, he's just for trying something different. He's tired of having presidents staying for 8 years over and over.

August 9, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Simpleton

Bush WAS AWESOME. I like Obama but Romney i like better

August 9, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • That's

why your name is Simpleton! You have no functioning brain.

August 9, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Simpleton

Obama supports faagggs. vote for Romney

August 9, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Well,

Romney represents corporate America & the rich, who want to run all our lives. That's why the superpacs are trying to buy this election for them.

August 9, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dennis

Proves that Eastwood has gone senile and should be put in a Home

August 9, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. dennis

This is a very good example of how actors should never be thought of more than what they are, which is that they are simply entertainers. I'm one of clients biggest fans , in movies. In real life he's just one of those dicky racist republicans. After Romney's european tour , where he sounded like a retarded child every time he opened his mouth clint decides to support him, i think i can safely say clint eastwood is a great entertainer but his political views are daft. wait beyond daft i mean !

August 9, 2012 at 4:14 am | Report abuse |
  11. mikrik13

"because I think the country needs a boost somewhere." That is very definitive for a Romney supporter. Every bit as expressive as Mr. Romney himself.

August 8, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  12. twh

I thought he supported Ron Paul?

August 8, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. D

Clint, Clint, Clint, I'm so happy that someone in "Hollywood" is finally showing they have some common sense! And yes Clint, you're correct, tax paying citizens need a GIGANTIC BOOST in so many areas – the economy, deficit, foreign aid policy...the list goes on!. America needs a leader who has "demonstrated" success in both the private & government sector, with that said, the obvious choice would be Mitt Romney!

August 8, 2012 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
    • sassysticks53

@D; too bad that Romney, Ryan and Clint Eastwood could give a rat's patootie about your troubles. Your troubles are gonna be even worse if the Etch-a-Sketch dude wins. Ya know why? Cause you're not rich! You've been fooled into thinking the GOP cares about you. They care about wealthy America only. Wealthy America has nothing to do with creating jobs. If that were true, there would be plenty of jobs because the wealthy have gotten huge tax breaks for years! Go ahead and vote away your own interests. Have fun doing it too!

August 17, 2012 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  14. kristina

Clint, Clint, Clint. I am soooo disappointed.

August 7, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Kareen

My once fav. actor must be losing it if he believes a boost will come from Romney-Hood.
    ON the other hand I guess Clint and the very rich would love to see Money bag in power to give the rich a boost.

August 7, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Ross Greenberg

Warren Buffet is a fat lazy evil man.

August 7, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  17. Leon David Peris MD.

Romney will save our beleagured nation.

August 7, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  18. TampaMel

I have always liked Clint Eastwood as an actor (even on TV when I was a kid) and in his later years as a director (although, to me, he did not hit the mark every time, even with his awards). As a deep thinker it is obvious to me that, because of his endorsement, he is way off the mark. He is correct that the US needs a boost from the ineffectual politics in Washington, but endorsing a Republican is asking for a boost to people like Clint, the rich. The Republicans have no interest in the poor or the middle class and, I think, Clint understands this so he looks in the mirror and says to himself, "I am rich so what do I care about those in need, I have mine."

August 7, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • jesse

You seriously need to take off the blinders. Both parties are weak and have major image issues. Stop letting media talking heads influence your opinion on what people are and are not. I am republican, just like thousands of others, and I have liberal points of view, just like those others out there. I could simple say Democrats want a welfare state and no accountability and if I was stereotyping I would be correct, but you can't do that not everyone is a clone, nor is everyone a brain surgeon or honor student. So get off the bs train and open your eyes and ears.
      Obama is ordering more secret military mission than Bush, Obama is deporting more people than Bush, Obama spends twice as much money as Bush, but you never ever read or hear it because you have closed off your mind that such things could ever possibly happen, but it is. So stop being a clone, and be a human first.

August 7, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  19. duh

clint, i always though you had some sense in that dirty harry dome of yours
    ron paul 2012

August 7, 2012 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  20. Tony

Clint Eastwood has the right to support a Republican for president...and I have the right to keep my money in my pocket the next time he makes a movie.

August 7, 2012 at 3:23 am | Report abuse |
  21. orion7x

Clint, Clint, you just lost me. Must be an idiot too!

August 6, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  22. bob

Well, of course an old white guy who has money will support Romney. Romney's policies are to eliminate taxes for the wealthy, tax the middle class and lower class, and start another war in the name of oil.

August 6, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • jesse

And of course the black guy wants a black guy and he wants to stay at home and live off others, see how I followed your stereotype with another? we are smart guys are we not?!?

August 7, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Nettie

Very disappointing. But I am not surprised. I will always enjoy Clint Eastwood and his many talents.

August 6, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  24. VM

I just lost a little respect for one of my actors of all time....I thought you had more sense Clint, but if I had your money I wouldn't want to pay more taxes either.

August 6, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • jessee

Do you see past the talking heads on tv much? I don't see any of the liberals standing up claiming they are ready to pay more taxes and Hollywood is full of them?!? right?

August 7, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Clint!

Clint has to gel the old hair down just a bit. lol

August 6, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Sokman

Clint Eatswood is a True American. If he says Romney is the man to pick up the pieces from the last 4yrs of failure by the worst President in my lifetime that should be good enough for any of us here. After all, according to George Clooney, Hollywood is ahead of the curve over the rest of America when it comes to politics right? Go ahead Clint, make my election.

August 6, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • orion7x

dumb dumb dumb.... x 10000000

August 6, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Clarissa

In your lifetime? So you must be what 12 years old? You have obviously done no research over the state of our economy because jobs are being added, people are receiving health insurance, etc. You only listen to the people who don't know what they're talking about, I'd suggest going to google and searching what has changed in the last 4 years and You'd be pleasently suprised.

August 7, 2012 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |

Bush was undoubtedly the worst president in the history of the US. Romney will be Bush on steroids.

August 7, 2012 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Clete

If you think that Barack Obama is the worst president in your lifetime, you must be only four years old.

August 7, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  27. WHALE

on search...

August 6, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  28. your right...

it took the hit...since 4th of july ... i'm getting it now.

August 6, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  29. bighouse

i'm almost there louie.

August 6, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  30. No Obozo 2012

If Clint wants to back Romney,that's his GOD-given right to do so without being crucified for it. I'm not a fan of Obama for moral and religious reasons,but if people want to vote for him,that's THEIR right to do so without any bashing from anyone,.

August 6, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Louise

Clint Eastwood runs with the same crowd. What do you expect from someone whose daughter and friends chainsaw a $100,000 purse for an artistic statement on his wife's reality show.

August 6, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Clint

now that's funny, coming from someone who supports actors who support obama and their millions of dollars of off shore dealings, money to every country under the sun except the US and wait – most believe in a fictional writer call L. Ron Hubbard. If you want to be a hypocrite – so be it, but don't bash Eastwood and Romney when all your pals are worse.

August 6, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  32. ito

Wow! Another genius supports Romney. Time to roll over, Clint, curl up with your own delusions about America. Both men old jokes.

August 6, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  33. GAPeach

I love Clint and Romney!

August 6, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Tree

Everyone knows that he is a REP.......but went he go vote who is he really voting for....????????

August 6, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Michael

Guess Clint is going senile, too bad

August 6, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Jennifer

Who cares? How is that going to influence anyone? Why would I let an old white guy that thinks another old white guy is cool, alter my vote anyways? Shut up CNN!!

August 6, 2012 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • James

Jennifer you don't seem to care about the country if you want more of the same just keep the guy in. And when you have less to spend and fuel prices go even higher and the money you carry around in your pocket buys less don't blame Bush blame yourself and others like you.

August 6, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • @James

Recently a bi-partisan group examined Romney's tax plan. It said that his plan would benefit the rich with huge tax cuts, while making the middle class pay more. So it you are a rich guy, by all means vote for Romney. After all, he represents the rich, old white guy party. By the way, the president does not set gas prices. We can produce all the oil we want, but it goes into the world market to be sold, which benefits the oil companies, not us. I do believe that OPEC sets the price of a barrel of oil. When they have a glut of oil, they slow production. So, we the middle class are at the mercy of big business once again. So James, the choice is clear for me. I choose the party that has my best interest at heart.

August 6, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  37. ¿?

What election?

August 6, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Mike

Um, nobody knows this guy on a personal level. You only know his movies. All you know is that he is rich, and would therefore be more likely to support Romney. Not much to analyze here folks.

August 6, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  39. HEY RUDRIC

great analysis. taking that with me forever.

August 6, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Eduardo Fuentes

I always knew Clint was a good guy. An American Hero.

August 6, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  41. EVERYONE YAWN TOGETHER

READY?

August 6, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Rudric

Who gives a flying **** who Clint Eastwood supports!..... People, think for yourselves!! Read and educate yourself, and then come to your own conclusions...... Hey folks opinions are like rectums, we all have one, but some just stink!!!!!!

August 6, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  43. BE QUIET

MESS

August 6, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Jack Bothwell

It is only common sence that Clint Eastwood would back Romney they are both mega rich and that what Romney wants to protect. Screw the middle class and the poor just make sure the mega rich stay that way and even get richer

August 6, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • JellyBean

You got that right.

August 6, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan

I'm middle class, just getting by... and I support Mitt Romney. If the logic that someone with too much money would makes a bad candidate for president, then the reverse must be true which is that a homeless man who has done nothing with his life, would make a better president... really?!

August 6, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  45. be quiet

yuck

August 6, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  46. impact

I just lost any respect I ever had for Clint Eastwood.

August 6, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  47. ANOTHER BIG LOUD YAWN

i'd rather order deena's pumps–which i think i may right now. lol

August 6, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Marguerite

i am surprised clint took this route

August 6, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Yeah

They both have that evil rich guy smile. Hahaha, I'm rich & you're not! Just a little too smug for me.

August 6, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Noel Freedman

Look, Clint, you are out of bullets. – Click!

August 6, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Clint

one of our greatest directors and actors of all time. you go babe!

August 6, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |