Bill incites war on 'True Blood'
August 6th, 2012

Bill incites war on 'True Blood'

On Sunday night’s “True Blood,” the Authority enacted Bill’s evil plan by bombing the world’s largest Tru Blood factory.

The only sane vampires left in the Authority, Eric and Molly, plotted their escape. Eric invited Bill, giving him one last chance to join the Mainstreamers.

At Fangtasia, Pam and Tara were dealing with the ramifications of the factory explosion. While talking about how they should proceed portioning out Tru Blood at the bar, Tara could tell her maker was troubled. Pam snapped at her, “just because we drank a b**** together does not make us Oprah and Gayle.”

Back in Bon Temps, Lafayette read Sookie a text from his estranged cousin: “B****, stop texting me, or I will eat you.” Lala was at Sookie’s weakly attempting to communicate with Warlow. As he explained, “I ain’t Whoopie Goldberg in 'Ghost.' Although I am way prettier.” I’m glad he’s finally back in top form.

But some spirits did send messages. Too many. “I ain’t Gmail for dead, b*****s. Send your own ... messages!” They directed him to a box under Sookie’s bed that contained a newspaper article about her parents’ murder. She realized for the first time that former Sheriff Bud Dearborne found their bodies.

So she went to talk to him, and his girlfriend Sweetie knocked her out with a frying pan. I guess we know why Bud suddenly turned up out of the blue a few episodes ago…

Sookie woke up in a pigpen with Hoyt nearby. Later, Sweetie, the hate group’s Grand Dragon, directed her minions to toss Sookie to the pigs. Sam, incognito as an oinker, shifted and caught her. Then he unleashed some impressive naked ninja skills on the bad guys. (Sam Trammell’s butt has done fine work this season.)

Andy and Jason burst through the door, and Andy shot Bud dead. Sweetie took off, but Luna followed her, tackled her and beat her senseless. After, Bon Temps’ most bada** couple left to pick up Emma.

They’ll be in for a surprise. In an attempt to woo his new beau Steve, Russell took him to see his pets: the Shreveport werepack. Now we know where JD has been getting his V. Russell shed some blood and the weres greedily drank.

Except Martha. When she refused to partake, Russell took Emma from her arms and gave her to Steve as a pet. The pack protested to no avail. What kind of moron trusts Russell?

After being renounced from the pack, Alcide reminisced about choosing pack life over human life as a teen. (Maybe he can skin walk, because Luna would have made a more believable “Young Alcide” than the actor they cast.)

Elsewhere in random, stand-alone storylines, Patrick kidnapped Arlene to lure Terry to Merlotte’s. When Terry showed up, he and Patrick fought, Arlene stabbed Patrick, the lady who cursed them appeared, and Patrick pleaded for his life. Finally, Terry shot him and the Ifrit took Patrick’s body away. I have no idea what the point of this storyline was but I hope it’s over and I’m glad Scott Foley has been freed from this mess.

Back at the Authority, Bill considered leaving with Eric about as seriously as a starving person would consider ordering a starter salad before deciding on a cheeseburger. His new girlfriend Salome plotted how she would make her mark on history, with Bill by her side.

Eric asked his sister to help him find faith in Lilith. Nora fell for his act and followed him to a high security room. Molly was waiting with a vial of silver, which Eric administered. They rushed to the elevators, but Bill appeared behind them.

Traitor! Salome was waiting in the elevator with guards.

It seems Bill is under the spell of Lilith’s blood like Nora, but if he is somehow redeemed by the end of the season, my eyes will roll right out of my head. The guy is a terrorist mastermind!

For the first time this season, things are finally starting to come together We saw the beginnings of the vampire civil war break out at Fangtasia, and it wasn’t pretty. Will the fairies help Sookie free Eric and take the Sanguinistas down? When the war breaks out, what will Russell do? As usual, he’s playing everyone, especially Salome. What will happen to cute little Emma? Leave your theories in the comments.

I think the dream team of Sam and Luna should take on the Sanguinistas. They’re unbeatable!

What did you think of last night’s episode?

Post by:
Filed under: television • True Blood • TV recaps

1. Belue

I struggle to watch this anymore, and waited until 5 eps had been recorded on the DVR before me and wife and daughter started in on them. It went off the rails back with the Witch season and hasn't gotten back on.

So many story lines, its a train wreck. It's as if they're sitting in the writing room and saying, "OK, well, we haven't included Arlene in any story line, we need something for her... OK, that's done, but now what about Alcide? There's a big segment of fans who like him, we need a story line for him, and then what about Pam, got to have something going on with Pam..."

Really, focus. It would be a better show if you still paid all those actors to stick around for when their characters DO make sense to be on screen, than to mash them all into a season just to have them on screen.

August 9, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. MaryDove

I think Bill is working the inside track in order to take down Salome .. or whoever is higher up on the chain. They aren't going to make him evil, no way.

Agree that Pam gets all the best lines ~ she is delightfully wicked! And at least Tara has stopped screaming & whining this season, LOL.

My chief disappointments this season have been (1) the fracturing of the storyline into so many discrete plots, some of which like both Lala's & Terry's) were not well thought out; and (2) the complete WASTE of Russell Edginton! I was so looking forward to more of Russell's deviousness and fantastic dialogue...what the heck happened!? Why did they even bring him back if they were just going to use him as scenery? Gah!

OTOH, it is great to see Lafayette back to his high-flyin' ways! maybe they will similarly redeem Eric next season (this weakneed vanilla Eric hardly seems like a Viking at all!)

August 8, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jonnyp2

Too man story lines and too many characters this season. I really don't care about vampire politics or religion, It should be more about the main characters Sookie, Bill and Eric. Maybe Alan Ball should get some input from the novels, he might be better off. Not all of the past seasons were good...some were awful and too long (like this season) and some were short and sweet. If Ball is trying to make all fans happy, he is definitely doing all of us an injustice. I am more excited about Weeds and Homeland this year.

August 8, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Leslie G

Great episode. It's sad that every season reveals how much of a punk Bill is & how awesome Eric really is! This recent episode was great, but I'm worried about Luna's daughter and Hoyt!

August 8, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jen

I think Bill is Warlow, and maybe that is why he was always drawn to Sookie and knew about her lineage. Remember when Sookie was coming to terms about being a fairy and she was starting to doubt Bill's intention. I hope Eric and Sookie end up together and that Eric finally kills Russell. I could not believe they killed off Chris Meloni's character so soon! Ugh, is there anyway he can come back!!!..lol

August 7, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kerry

Bill cant be Warlow he isnt old enough. Bill was turned during the Civil War and they stated that the paper the contract was on was over 2 hundred hears old. I dont think we have met Warlow yet. If you remember Russell didnt know what Sookie was when he first met her until she did the light thing to him. Eric didnt know who she was and even Bill was sent to meet her by the Queen of Louisiana, Sofie whatshername. Goderic, Eric, Salome and Russell are old enough but the stories arent matching up which is why I think this is a new vamp character

August 24, 2012 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  6. Michael Caliazzo

Bill is a big pain in the ASS.

August 7, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  7. Poodlegirl

Love Pam & Tara this season (pam does have the best lines). I think Sookie will find a way to De-program Bill...I don't think he's faking, and Sookie has been absent from that storyline. Who can blame Russell for stealing that puppy, I would too, so cute !

August 7, 2012 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  8. smoke

cookie crackhouse

August 7, 2012 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  9. Kathy

I was surprised Bill turned on Eric. I also have watched most of the seasons and read all of the books. I like it that they don't follow the books completely. However, to me the show doesn't seem as good as the first two seasons. I don't know if it's different writers or directors. It was way cooler when Eric was the big bad Sheriff and always being all badass. In the end I'm for team Eric and Sookie......I hope they end up together.

August 7, 2012 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  10. linda

Bill better not get Eric killed!! I cant believe theres only 3 episodes left! Then the wait begins again..

August 6, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. hapaguy

I have a theory that Claudette is actually Sookies mother because she always shows up when Sookie needs help. Also, when Warlow killed Sookies "parents' he was jonesing for the little bandaid that had Sookies blood on it. If Sookies parents were faeries, Warlow would have smelled them all delicious and everything and drained them and gotten all high but he didn't. He could only smell Sookies delicious bandaid...

August 6, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. LindaG

I think Bill knows that he and Eric are going to have to have to bring down the cult of Lillith (Salome) at the highest levels. How could they do it on the outside? At the end of the show Bill and Eric with be the Authority!

August 6, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • B-Ran

Yeah I agree. I think Bill is playing everyone so that they can get to the very top of the authority, and then take it all down

August 6, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Sokman

Blade would turn them all into charcoal

August 6, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. HOUSE

its been down hill ever since. problems all the way down the line.

August 6, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  15. whalewatch

August 6, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Lucy

I loved Pam’s comment about Oprah and Gale; she always seems to have the best quotes of the show. As one of my favorite characters on the show, I was upset when the new “Sheriff” knocked her down, but, I was glad that Tara came to her defense. I work late Sunday’s for my job at Dish, this means I’m not home when True Blood premieres. But, with my Dish Remote Access App, I don’t have to miss an episode. I can stream shows recorded on my DVR and live TV right to my phone. My train ride home is much more enjoyable when I get to catch up with the recent madness in Bon Temps. I’m very excited for the season finale; I hope that someone stops this vampire war before it’s too late.

August 6, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Eduardo Fuentes

I thought Sookie was the fat girl on Jersey Shore. She is showing up on everything these days.

August 6, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  18. pam

I have watched this show for 5 years now. And no matter how far they get away from the books, I remain loyal. But when you take away all of Bill's redeeming qualitys you ruin his charactor. The beauty of Bill is dedication to Sookie and doing the right thing. It's what makes him more than all the rest. I miss the magic like in season 1.

August 6, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • B-Ran

Yeah his character is getting a little annoying! But I still have hopes that he has something up his sleave! I thought it was funny when Sookie and Lala where in the bathroom telling the vampire spirit to go away! You could tell that Anna Paquin was trying not to laugh! It was cute! I feakin LOVE this show! Can't say it enough!

August 6, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • bee

Bill sucks .. he can be staked as soon as possible .. thank you. At least the storyline has made him an interesting character .. lets face it .. the only time he is half way watchable is when he is being a back stabbing traitor.

August 6, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • brooke

Bill is disgusting in the books! Gah! What a lying backstabbing pathetic weakling!

August 7, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Wendy

I absolutely agree with you Pam! I really miss how Bill use to be! The first season was awesome! I really hope he ends up redeeming himself in the end. I loved him and Sookie together!

August 9, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |