Robert Pattinson will stick to film promotion schedule
August 2nd, 2012

Robert Pattinson will stick to film promotion schedule

The paparazzi will likely have a field day with these upcoming appearances from Robert Pattinson.

A rep for the actor has confirmed that the 26-year-old star will still publicly promote his upcoming film in the wake of his presumed girlfriend Kristen Stewart's public apology last week.

Stewart's statement explained that she's sorry for having some sort of dalliance with her "Snow White and the Huntsman" director Rupert Sanders, and said that her error "jeopardized the most important thing in my life, the person I love and respect the most, Rob. I love him, I love him, I'm so sorry."

Pattinson's relationship with Stewart has been closely watched following that admission, with reports circulating about Pattinson, and then Stewart, moving out of a home they were rumored to share, and other bits of gossip about who would get to keep their dog.

The speculation doesn't appear to be slowing down, but Pattinson will still brave the red carpet to promote his new film, “Cosmopolis."

“Cosmopolis is a film that Robert is very proud of and looks forward to supporting," Pattinson's rep told CNN. "No confirmed engagements have been canceled. Any reports to the contrary are inaccurate.”

And that’s not all: E! News adds that a rep for The New York Times' TimesTalk series says Pattinson's plans to appear with director David Cronenberg on August 15 to promote the film are also apparently “still on track.”

“Cosmopolis” opens in limited release on August 17.

« Previous entry
  1. nolaqb

Hoping the lies are ceasing! Leave Rob alone to all who are making things up about him. Proud that he is going to do this and promote his new movie though he is feeling hurt and stressed right now. He is truly a professional. But he is also very human! People should not forget that! And, yes Kristen is also human. She made a big mistake. No one is condoning it! From what I am hearing she is devastated just like Rob is. I really hope these two can get through this with some time and peace. I believe they can. Yes, I said it & I am glad. No, I am not a teen. I mostly blame the 41yr old that is still married and has children! He should be held accountable also. People seem to forget that.

August 10, 2012 at 5:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. Name*doris terrana

Rob and kristen u both r young, and I have seen it so many times but talking, counseling, u to can work this out and get past all the drama with the media blow out of what has happen. Love covers a muiltiude of sins, god bless hope all works out.

August 6, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. PC

we all make mistakes, but they aren't public knowledge. Nobody deserves to be cheated on.

August 4, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  4. sugar

No one deserves to be cheated on. If she felt that way at that time it simply proves she isn't mature enough for a real relationship. I agree with the poster that pointed out, she's getting all the heat. Sanders is older and married, he should be as much in the coals as she is if not a little more. At least (and I am NOT defending her) Kristen doesn't have children that will be affected. Poor Rob. In a way I hope he just doesn't even talk to her anymore. She lost out and she knew exactly what she was doing when she did it. If it were me I'd go with the cold shoulder routine. She simply would cease to exist to me.

August 4, 2012 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
    • semrehdog

still going to see the stewart movie, but with all the rumors going on i am going to see pattison movie now which i was not a first because i was not thinking about it but now i am also going to check out that movie too

August 4, 2012 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Just Sayin'

Re "No one deserves to be cheated on..." Nothing about this situation specifically, just wanted to chip in one exception: Cheaters deserve to be cheated on. So many people start relationships as the "other" significant other and then are shocked when karma bites them in the a$$ I wish everyone would remember that if they cheat WITH you, they will cheat ON you. Simple as that.

August 5, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Bill Elliott

Stewart was such a stupid cow!

August 3, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Laura

WHY WHY WHY WHY are there no articles bashing Rupert Sanders the director Kristen had an affair with. It seems she is taking all the heat when Rupert is just as much to blame!!! On top of it – Rupert is married!!!!!

August 3, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cait

Because she's from Twilight uber-fame. No one would care about her and Robert's long-running publicity stunt if it weren't for that ridiculous series.

August 4, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. summerflowers

THERE A GREAT COUPLE.I REALLY AM PRAYING THEY GIVE THEM SOME SPACE TO WORK THINGS OUT.NO ONE REALLY KNOWS THE TRUTH.ONLY THEY DO.THEY NEED TO TALK IT OUT AND GO FROM THERE IF THEY TRULY LOVE EACH OTHER.I WISH THEM THE VERY BEST.IF IT WAS MEANT TO BE..THEY WILL BE TOGETHER AGAIN.EVERYONE IS ANXIOUS.BUT GIVE THEM TIME.

August 3, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Puppy123

thats true we have to let things go that's the only way we can survive.

August 3, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  9. tom

What you have to remember here is that Rob and Kristen are vampires. Hopefully Rob will be able to forgive her transgression and won't have to live an eternity not being able to let it go.

August 3, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  10. deb

Head high Rob!

August 3, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  11. Media

that is what the media gets paid for and they are going to do it.

August 3, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  12. everybody

i think the 2 are right for the role.

August 3, 2012 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  13. nameless

well haha i like him and her leave them alone ,, i cant wait til the new movie comes out i like all the movies they play in s

August 3, 2012 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Deb

I like them to,. Hope they can work it out. I also like there movies . the media needs to back off.

August 3, 2012 at 3:44 am | Report abuse |
  14. Vlad

And this is why she cheated.. CAUGHT!! http://sot.ag/MTQyNzQ0MA/

August 3, 2012 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  15. Sokman

jojo, he can't look in the mirror, he's a vampire

August 3, 2012 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  16. the media is shameful!

People seem to forget that Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are actors...it's their profession. Their personal lives should be off limits. I have watched most of their movies even before the Twilight phenom. Personally one of my favorite Pattinson movies is "Little Ashes"....beautiful film work in that movie and "Remember Me". Favorite works of Kristen Stewart are "The Cake Eaters", " Welcome to the Rileys" and "The Yellow Handkerchief". These two do have talent but the way the media dogs actors in their personal lives is shameful! And these teen fans are great in their support of actors but are hormonally insane which tends to make them lash out and not realize that these personal matters are none of their business.

August 3, 2012 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  17. natrose

I agree it's not like she killed someone god some ppl are just acting crazy over this.This relationship was between rob and kristen not with the public added everyone needs to leave them alone and focus on their careers both of them are to young and this is hollywood cheating happens all the time and is just accepted and chosen to ignore so get over it and if he decides to stay with kristen he will and nobody has the right to tell him what he should or shouldn't do.Plain and simple!

August 2, 2012 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Sasha

You DON'T cheat on the one you love. Bottom line!

August 2, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  19. nicole

I have been an avid twilight saga supporter since 2008. However, the more I think about this so-called "scandal", the more I believe that all of these (from robsten relationship up to the break-up) are just a big well-planned screenplay. Yep, they both just have to effectively break away from Twilight...The others are accomplices. Hah! Hollywood !

August 2, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Erica

I will never watch another Kristen Stewart movie.

August 2, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Judith Bishop

Taken this kinda personal hugh? Pay more attention to the real world. How many breakups in your neighborhood. They were not married, Apparently she is to young to commit. Do not confuse onscreen to unscripted life.

August 2, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Strange

he's strange looking but in a cute way. cant explain it.

August 2, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  22. ah...

I still think that guy looks creepy. I think once these vampire movies are done, so will he. It's the only part that he is cut out for.

August 2, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • ..

Prob has a great personality. Don't be jealous. Keep working on yours, you'll get it right someday

August 2, 2012 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • ah...

I didn't say anything about his personality, now did I. And jealous, what are you freakin' nuts? I just think you will not hear his name in another 5 years. Just my opinion, though. By the way, I don't have to work on my personality. Everybody likes me just the way I am. Kind of catty, aren't you? Put your claws back in. You must be a chick, huh? Maybe a girl who likes nobody? Hmmm, am I close?

August 2, 2012 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • ..

It was joke. Sorry ..

August 2, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • My claws are in

I'd call the comment about Pattinson's looks catty. Guys normally are not catty but I find that men seem to say that a lot about Pattinson. Women do not in the same degree. Wonder if jealousy or envy fuels such comments?

August 3, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Well,

I think he is creepy looking, too. Let's just take a look, huh? He has a crooked nose, strange eyes, just look at that mouth, and a big chin. He usually looks unkept and a mess. So ????? What's to find attractive? Now, he could be the nicest guy in the world. I'm just talking about looks. By the way, no jealousy is involved, just stating the facts.

August 3, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  23. Vicky

Yeah !!!! I can't wait to this movie. Critics say Rob is great!!!

August 2, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Mims.

Things like this happen to couples every day. Sad that these two can't have any privacy. He's young, handsome and rich. He won't be single very long if they do split. As for her, I think she's too young to realize something – she hooked up with someone who has no problem cheating on his wife and he will do the same thing to Kristen if they stay together. If Pattinson and Stewart aren't happy with each other I truly hope they each find someone they WILL be happy with.

August 2, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  25. i agree

you people just respond for the heck of it–LOL

August 2, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  26. tamp84

i understand robs pain deeply and media attention does require a tampon at times. she doesn't have this pain and has to be more understanding.

August 2, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  27. phyllis

This movie star, is going to be fine. He just needs some time to get his self straight.....and he will, time is pretty good at working things out........Hearts will mend.........New loves will come into his life.......Miss Stewart is just a passing fancy.....
    She will realize, what a mistake she has made on down the road........He seems like a nice person.......peace out.

August 2, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  28. tapon39

Don't these people have a conscious, or any consideration, for all the pain and heartbreak that Rob has been going through, these past couple weeks. Please, give this guy a break.

August 2, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • nameless

Why? He's another over-exposed celebrity that knew what was in store for him when he got famous. No privacy. I do not feel sorry for him at all. He'll have another girl soon

August 2, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  29. computers are the worst-keep crashing

assuming this is for me...and whoever this is....

you see when you have braces "you can still those things "... just in a different way... (elbow in side, wink wink)

August 2, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • WHO THE HECK IS THS

these conversations are so funny i can't stand myself.

August 2, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  30. assuming this is for me...and whoever this is....

you see when you have braces "you can how to do things "... just in a different way... (elbow in side, wink wink)

August 2, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  31. assuming this is for me...and whoever this is....

and i almost broke my jaw. thank you so much for caring about my mouth and don't worry it functions quite well and have never heard and complaints.

August 2, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  32. assuming this is for me...and whoever this is....

the reason why i have braces is because i blacked out from a sugar drop and my face pounded into a marble floor and i cracked my front teeth– oh yea, i just got my period that day...thanks for the help. now anything else cp expert?

August 2, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  33. debramjustin@verizon.net

Bravo Robert! Return to those who truly love you because their actions matches their words. Return quickly to your career and its responsilibities . A stiff upper lip and all...It may sound cliche' the old sayings at hand...like...there are more fish in the sea or this one "Life must go on...I preferred to do it with you, but since I can not.....Life must and will go on." Keep on smiling , with your head up, and your shoulders straight. Team Robert :-) D. Justin

August 2, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Smacky Smooth

Well, I am glad someone did. LOL

August 2, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  35. jojo

we go back that old story..if your girlfriend is cheating then you have to look in the mirror and say...maybe its time.

August 2, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  36. So who cares...

if they can work it out..it doesn't look like they could repair. but one never knows in this world.

August 2, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  37. happy123

your right people should work on their mental issues.

August 2, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  38. ant

who writes these para's all day long..ha

August 2, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Let Him Be

I'm glad he's keeping his schedule. I don't understand why you aren't reporting on Rupert, the guy who committed adultery. Pattinson had no involvement in the affair.

August 2, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  40. RUMOR HAS IT

I personally think it's time we leave this couple alone & let them work out their issues privately...the speculations of the last week by any & all news sources(LMAO @ that one) has ranged from reasonable to the so wild, it's unreal...NO ONE & I MEAN NO ONE knows what is going on...both are private with this I can assure you..all these unnamed sources don't know squat..they're just making up crap to see it in print...anyone who would be in the know isn't saying anything..all the rest are slimey want-a-be's trying to look like they know something when in reality they don't...so again, I think it's time to let this go in the media & let these two work it out if they can...the hatred shown to Kristen is unbelievable & it's just fueled by the continued rehashing...personally the people who first reported this should be ashamed...they & they alone have possibly destroyed two peoples lives without so much as a thought...it's all about the sell irregardless of the hurt brought down on everyone involved...why everyone is only blaming Kristen is beyond me, but if the girl was suvicial, I wouldn't be surprised....it's almost like that is what everyone is hoping for..then they can continue to crucify her after she's gone...I call it beating a dead horse to death...& it's uncalled for.....JMO

August 2, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |