Report: Beyonce to direct doc of her life
August 2nd, 2012

Report: Beyonce to direct doc of her life

Beyonce has given us glimpses into her personal life in the past, but the superstar singer is reportedly ready to craft a documentary-length feature about her on-and-off-stage world.

The Los Angeles Times reports that the 30-year-old and her representation have been taking a project about her life and chart-topping career to different studios as of late, revealing about 20 minutes of the film's footage.

The paper cites a source with knowledge of the project who says that the documentary is a blend of Beyonce's concerts and more personal interviews, as it combines her "music and personal study."

The mom of one would star, direct in and produce the project, which isn't exactly new territory for the Grammy winner. As "20/20" noted last year, Beyonce also served as director and producer of her concert DVD, "Live at Roseland: Elements of '4,'" which, as this new project reportedly will, included her intimate shows at New York's Roseland Ballroom with past footage from her private life.

"I learned how to edit ... I'm an editor as well," Beyonce told Katie Couric at the time. "It is a lot of work, especially when I'm trying to tell stories that are from so many different eras, moments of my life."

Filed under: Beyonce • Celebrities

1. peacemonger

truly the biggest egomaniac and narcissist in show business

August 5, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Leon David Peris

She can be great if she is working harder.

August 4, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. Biff

Oh you'll load up fast with my system.

August 3, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. free blog traffic

Great blog right here! Additionally your website so much up fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your associate link for your host? I wish my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

August 3, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Puppy123

i don't see that...and all women without makeup do not look perfect.

August 3, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  6. Beyonce

she's a beautiful gal. when she is older she will still be striking.. her face is flawless.

August 3, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
    • @Beyonce

I would bet anyone would look good if they had professional makeup artist's doing their face. Without makeup, you'd probably never look twice at her. I don't see the beauty, like you do. I think she looks kind of geeky. Just my opinion, though.

August 3, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  7. s

she is the most vapid thing alive..." i need to tell the stories from the different ERAS of my life" – honey you are 30! GET A GRIP! no one gives a CRAP about your alleged "personal study" !!!

August 3, 2012 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  8. Sokman

Is this thing on?

August 3, 2012 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sylver

D@@@mn!Lot's of jealous mutha f uckas up in hea.

August 2, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Guest.

i saw that dress..its just beautiful!

August 2, 2012 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ah...

I've got to admit, I'm really sick of this girl. I think the media makes way too much of her & the hubby. The media acts like they are some kind of royalty. I say, stop the madness, and give us a break!

August 2, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sandy

What is with all of the negative comments? If you have forgotten, her journey to fame was a struggle, they lost their riches to help her get to where she is and her journey shows that if you sacrifice some things even greater things can come from them. I'm sorry but you people need to grow up, i am not a rihanna fan and i won't go around commenting on rihanna posts just to say i wish her dead, i would never do something like that and you shouldn't either...

August 2, 2012 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lewis

Her story is not a rags to riches story. Her father made a lot of money and she grew up in a huge house. She has had good luck at every turn in her life. Why make a movie about that? What will she call it? "I've always been rich and I always will be and in your face'!

August 2, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sergeant Rhodes

She like everyone else had nothing to do with where she grew up.This woman is one of the if not the hardest working women in show business,you people make me sick you can't be happy for anyone that actually earned her money.She's ugly without makeup?I've seen in person without it and all you haters she looks better than she does with it.She's s*xy,and has a incredible body.

August 3, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  14. barb

I love beyonce, shes the best. she is good at everything she does. i know she will be a good mother to her daughter. i wish her nothing but the best.

August 2, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. B-Ran

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of in my life! I freakin HATE Beyonce! Hate her as a "singer" hate her as an "actress"! She seems soooooo phoney! I don't know who the heck would be even the least bit interested in her self written life story! She just makes me wanna puke!

August 2, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Gouda

So will be pregnancy be real in her movie life, 'cuse, you know, she acted pregnant in her everyday life...

August 2, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  17. nameless

Her life story? But she's not dead yet! We can only hope.

August 2, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |