Snoop Lion explains name change, new focus
July 31st, 2012

Snoop Lion explains name change, new focus

The artist we once knew solely as Snoop Dogg announced Monday that he's ready to leave his Doggy ways behind him as he focuses on creating reggae music under the name Snoop Lion.

"Rap is not a challenge to me," Snoop said Monday night at a press event in New York City, according to the Huffington Post.

"With no disrespect to other rappers, but they can't f*** with me in rap," he went on. "I've won every accolade you can get in rap, they call me 'Uncle Snoop' in rap. When you're an uncle, it's time to find something new ... I want to feel like a kid again."

The need to challenge himself seems to be part of the reason the legendary West Coast MC is releasing a reggae project called “Reincarnated" - just don’t look for him to rap on it.

"It's not that I want to become Snoop Dogg on a reggae track," Snoop said. "I want to bury Snoop Dogg, and become Snoop Lion. I didn't know that until I went to the temple, where the High Priest asked me what my name was, and I said, 'Snoop Dogg.' And he looked me in my eyes and said, 'No more. You are the light; you are the lion.' From that moment on, it's like I had started to understand why I was there."

Another reason he gave for his musical shift is a desire "to perform for kids and my grandmother, people around the world who really love me and can't really accept the music that I make," he told press. "This reggae music is music of love –happiness and sadness."

Snoop Lion’s debut single, “La La La,” is already out on iTunes.

1. big dick paco

Suck my dick

April 8, 2013 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Musiclv

If you want some new music to listen to, you should check out my site http://www.musiclv.com

March 6, 2013 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  3. Mikala

Wow! That actually sounds pretty interesting. It takes alot of guts for a rapper to want to actually change his image and reinvent themselves. Cudos to you Snoop Lion!

March 3, 2013 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  4. Gazeta de maine

I'm really impressed along with your writing talents as smartly as} with the structure for your weblog. Is this a paid subject or did you modify it your self? Anyway stay up the nice high quality writing, it is rare to see a nice weblog like this one these days.. Gazeta de maine http://www.gazetademaine.ro/

February 20, 2013 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. 792

check rita out.

January 10, 2013 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  6. Rida

Ohh i just love ur voice n music Snoop Lion...i knw its a gr8 change. I just was so impressed 2 know that ur songs are gonna be audible 4 others too from now on. KEEP IT UP

January 10, 2013 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  7. David

You can certainly see your expertise in the work you write. The sector hopes for more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to say how they believe. Always follow your heart.

October 29, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. oh well

snoop dogg was a stupid name too. Snoop lion is not much different. You're just used to hearing dog all the time.

August 22, 2012 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  9. dottie

I am not about to call him " snoop lion". He will always be known as snoop dogg to me. That's what I been calling him for over twenty years

August 18, 2012 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  10. Gezus

snoop poop. this is garbage. drugs are bad kids. you better be high a heck to like this trash. come back to reality folks. sobriety rules!

August 9, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mark

100% PURE GARBAGE.

August 6, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. rip_vi

ALL u hatin fools learn how to spell the word REGGAE b 4 u start ur hatin really u haters gave hatin a bad name!!!! SNOOP LION MI SAY!!!!!

August 6, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

What kind of idiot corrects someone's spelling when they don't even have a simple grasp of the English language?
      Here's what you typed:
      It's you not u, before not b 4, your not ur, hating not hatin, me not mi

August 6, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Byrd

He was just a Snoop Dog, but now he's a lyin' Snoop Dog.

Or maybe I'm just giving him a bum rap...

August 6, 2012 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  14. cameras review

hello there and thank you in your information ? I've definitely picked up anything new from proper here. I did on the other hand expertise several technical issues the usage of this web site, as I skilled to reload the website lots of times prior to I may get it to load correctly. I had been thinking about if your web hosting is OK? Now not that I am complaining, however sluggish loading instances instances will sometimes have an effect on your placement in google and can harm your high-quality rating if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I'm adding this RSS to my e-mail and can glance out for a lot extra of your respective fascinating content. Make sure you update this again soon..

August 6, 2012 at 4:35 am | Report abuse |
  15. Frock

Haters. Snoop, I believe you have enough assets to survive comfortably for the rest of your life. Grow, be free, enjoy this life instead of being a servant and beer saleman. I like the new style, AND you're just a baby at it! Great things are coming for you again!

August 5, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  16. gilda

He should become Snoop Kitty Kitty instead of doggy it goes better with lion. Or just be the lion. Or just go smoke more Jamacian pot, these people have way too much time on their hands! get a life!

August 5, 2012 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
  17. Jman

I blevieve he finally found that Multi million dollar recording studio over there which has a Garden PARIDISE;) out back.
    Enjoy and be free!!

August 4, 2012 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  18. RedSatyr

Not even snoop is immune to experiencing a mid-life crisis.

August 3, 2012 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  19. Snoop

we have so many stars that have over 50 names. snoop will change again. by the way are you really cisco?

August 2, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  20. marguerite

i like snoop. he's totally survived this and people seem to buy his cd's.

August 2, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  21. the_dude

Everyone understand all this guy ever did was talk into a microphone right??? Not much musical talent there at all. How ever good his project is will be determined by the good musicians he gets to write and record songs for him so he can show up and speak a few words.

August 2, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  22. cisco

Why did he speak so highly of himself . Their is way way way bigger. better. real Mcs out there. And they don't talk like snoop does. And my opinion on him is he couldn't keep it goin. He came up with few song. Few songs. And that's it. And not long ago he was on pop. Now he is snoop lion.?the name is insane.lol.. from dog he upgraded to lion. This great. Stay humble snoop lion. Can't wait for next name.

August 2, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  23. FUNICELLO

I CAN'T WAIT U

August 2, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  24. stev

WHY DOESN'T HE JUST GET IT OVER WITH AND GIVE HIMSELF A "TRUE" NAME...YOU KNOW...'LIKE DUMB-ASS"!!

August 2, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  25. your tracked TOUGHY

toughy

this better be the wrong tom about the punch..last time i was not ready, this time i am.

iif this is the wrong tom ... then apologies

August 2, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  26. 3rd state

got it.

August 2, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  27. JusThinkn'

i cant take this seriously.... thats the dumbest name EVER. snoop lion?

August 2, 2012 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  28. Joe

I thought it was 'Snoop smacking my b!tches and ho's for real yo'????

August 2, 2012 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  29. who is this

who is this?

August 2, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  30. WTH

Or maybe it should be changed to "Snoop Dog Poop". Then it would be indicative of his Rap CRAP.

August 2, 2012 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  31. WTH

Should have changed his name to "Lion Snoop" and it would have been a correct description of who he is.

August 2, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  32. Dee Dee

I like Snoop (sometimes) + I love reggae = can't wait to hear Snoop Lion

August 2, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  33. leech

is up

August 2, 2012 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  34. rexedie@ite.net

this guy has been nothin since he started.... too bad today's audience's settle for the absolutely mediocre... and think that it is talent... but...that's what the machine has created....garbage in ...garbage out... and people who have talent or were around when talent existed are considered "has beens".....

August 2, 2012 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
  35. John

Why isn't this guy in jail?

August 2, 2012 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  36. fangpi

Next, Snoop will change his name to "The Artist Formally Known as Snoop Dog." After that he'll just come up with a symbol representing his metaphysical self.

..... can you say: "Prince?"

August 2, 2012 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  37. Jack

Good evening folks. Everyone is invited to visit – thestarofkaduri.com

August 2, 2012 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  38. Just Talking...

when your with the right person you want to smooth yourself down. i was a notorious party person, when i met jean i myself decided to cool down. i still go the games, have dinner with the guys after work but i'm not out late like before because i want get home to her. sappy but true.

August 1, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Angel Russell

Welcome to the Movement Snoop.... Now you have experienced Divinity. .... Enlightment is given too some NOT all. Remember many are called but few are chosen... I just can't figure out what you will do with the sacrifice of your soul, which you spoke of on Murder Was The Case. Luckily Our Father God Most High, is a FORGIVING GOD.......

August 1, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  40. its true

this media beats vacation..no really.

August 1, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  41. LOL

Snoop Lion ... really?
    If you want to reinvent yourself, make good music

August 1, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Meh

"Why I changed my name"
    Because i ran out of money and wanted to be reborn into the medias attention even though I made cr@p rhythmic noises for a living. Its should be considered a felony that he makes more money than me considering what he produces and I work in a hospital IT department.

August 1, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  43. senior citizen troll

you need a cp account in creedmore

August 1, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  44. PJ

Flushing a toilet isn't a challenge, either. Why don't you do something that requires reading. Oh. That's right, never mind. No content in this character, either...

August 1, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  45. DONE

enough done..we all have work to do. keep moving.

August 1, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Branden

just hope it wasn't you boo

August 1, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blog Me Blog You

That s
      the end of his career
      thats a ridiculous move
      whos gonna listen to that

f......
      jamaica and all Jamaicans .

August 1, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  47. KEEP MOVING

THIS IS FOR THE PERSON WHO THREATENING ME WITH MY FUNDS...KEEP MOVING...

August 1, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  48. ANT

YOU CAN FIND FLORIDA BUT YOU CAN'T FIND CJ? IS THIS A WOMAN NO PUN INTENDED? HA

August 1, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  49. BOCA BABES

GOTCHA IT REALLY CAN HOCK...

August 1, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  50. VITO

I LOVE SNOOP

August 1, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  51. bristoltwit palin... America's favorite dancing cow

I remember the first time Bristol Palin was on DWTS. She managed to launch her buttplug half way across the stage. Then the janitor picked it up because he thought it was a chew toy.

August 1, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  52. zo6forme

We are desperate for news today! His name change is only to capture a little free press as he has nothing else to do so. He is so disappointing on so many levels.

August 1, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Inky

Snoop Lion, he should have changed his name to Snoop J. Shark, for "jump the shark". There is no reinventing his lame as$ no-talent act. Time to retire Calvin.

August 1, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  54. CP Florida

i ever get a beep like that again..i'll see you in court. get lost.

August 1, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  55. cp florida

you looking for me?

August 1, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • poostuffr

Seriously, I been lookin for you. I just went out to find you and if I get back before I return, tell me to wait here Fakard

July 27, 2013 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Trini

Wha meh fo say he need to wuk on D reggae accent ah lil more :) He got meh Vote:)

August 1, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  57. duh

if this was april one i would say "he lyin"

August 1, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  58. Jimbo

I'm glad he is doing the 'Roots' reggae instead of the annoying new synthetic raggea that has come about in the last decade. I'll dig it and listen, good work.

August 1, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  59. Jon

@Shelly Smith

Look what i found on Fox News, I guess right wingers find it important news as well.

August 1, 2012 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  60. Melvin Hayes

C'mon Snoop Doddy Dogg or Snoop Dogg or Snoop (whatever you were originally going with). Bottom line is that you are now 40 something and its time to do something else more mature. I mean, the man has all the accolades and kudos in the rap game and plenty of cash. Why not direct some of that cashflow into doing something more positive. In my opinion, Raggae is not for you bro!!!! But then again most reggae singers blow weed and become rastafarian etc...so I guess for the sake of the weed you smoke its another way to make the behavior seem acceptable.

August 1, 2012 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  61. Anthony

Elvis has been deal for 30 years now... pick another name

August 1, 2012 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  62. Vito

i got something for you to bite.

August 1, 2012 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  63. BiteMeBaby

A black man givin up "Doggy Style" – unheard of.

August 1, 2012 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  64. elvis316

Trying something new. Something a little less misogynistic perhaps. This is a joke, right? Is he listening to his old lyrics and realizing what a ghetto d bag he's been? When his grand daughters ask to hear his music, he'd like to play something where women aren't constantly referred to as ho's and b****es. Epic fail.

August 1, 2012 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  65. Joey

me too... nothing like a morning hands on to start the day....

August 1, 2012 at 6:26 am | Report abuse |
  66. Anthony

i'm "hands on" kinda guy –

August 1, 2012 at 6:13 am | Report abuse |
  67. rafael

Good thing he's not full of himself.

August 1, 2012 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  68. missheather

I don't think i like the name change but i'm curious to hear the album. rap isn't my kinda music really, i like rock/metal/grunge, but i love snoop dogg its his that sets him apart. i cant tell t.i. from tpain but i know snoop. even my redneck brother who listens to hank williams and nitty gritty dirtband likes snoop. Guess it's time to mob with the pride instead of the dogpound bee-otch

August 1, 2012 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  69. JAMAICANjOE

iTS GREAT THAT SNOOP IS CHALLENGING HIMSELF. BUT HE DIDNT HAVE TO CHANGE HIS NAME. IT SOUNDS DUMP. BUT REGGAE IS GREAT CHOICE, ITS AMUSIC OF LOVE, HAPPINES, & HOPE.. & AS A JAMAICAN MYSELF ITS GREAT TO HEAR A INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR WANT TO DO REGGAE MUSIC B/C WE NEED A GLOBAL LEADER.. WE HAVEN'T HAD ONE SINCE TOSH & BOB.. ONE LOVE SNOOP LION

August 1, 2012 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Lorne Craig

Did you forget about Mr.Jimmy Cliff?

August 1, 2012 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
    • blog Me , Blog You

you made sure you wrote it all in Capital letters to be noticed

Wrong move Snoop
      thats the end
      of
      snoop Doggy Dog s career
      thats definitely a Backward step
      if he wanted to change , he culd have acted more matrely and stop hanging around little thugs .

f..........
      Jamaica and all Jamaicans, i dont like these people

August 1, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Iron Rod Jones

I'm far from that dude. Go smoke & snort meth and kill more brain cells f@££ot

August 1, 2012 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  71. B ran said.....

it best hands down

August 1, 2012 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  72. Oh Yeah

Your a loser and others win take the loss

August 1, 2012 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  73. ziggy414

Hahaha..... this has to grow on me. He should have featured on a few reggae hits first. You are right B-Ran it does take courage. I wish more rappers thought about the kids and older adults as well.

July 31, 2012 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Jack

Hello folks. Everyone is cordially invited to visit ... thestarofkaduri.com

July 31, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Tone Majestics

Whatever Floats his boat... wish him the best

July 31, 2012 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Snoopsok

who cares .. everybody knows snoops been smoking weed for 35 years. he says it helps his creativity. LOL

July 31, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  77. ben

as we know rap is not music, anyway. It is just rapping, or talking but not music. Its also limiting unlike music which can be an infinite not combinations

July 31, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Iron Rod Jones

Lolololololololololol I'm not a troll but YOU are very ignorant. Found what? You mean you found your itty bitty di(k

July 31, 2012 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  79. bill

someone get me whatever he's smokin stat

July 31, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Shelley smith

Yes,consider me bored to tears to even respond to such dribble however it can't possibly even come close to your complete lack of judgement to think for a second that ANYONE other you clowns at CNN would give a flying fig about a hood rat
    named 'snoop dog' changing his hood rat name to 'snoop lion?!
    Seriously,that's news worthy to to all you left wing nut jobs?
    Keep uo the good work!

July 31, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  81. telbel2@gmail.com

Snoop Lion....hahahahahahahaha... Really.. get a clue.. You sucked all these years in the rapp world and now you suck in the reggae music world.. the fake accent sucks too. Rap is not hard like so many stated above. you go into rapp when U have no talent. you change music when you realize you suck too. you going to reggea is like a rocker going to country. they do it cause they suck at rock. a great example... KID ROCK!!! Now you can SUCK together...

July 31, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Winton Moore

Now everyone knows Snoop was HHIIGGHH as hell when the priest told him to change his name lol!

July 31, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • gdub520

snoop gone be the first mudda sucka to die from smokin too much weed...kiss my ass, so what!

July 31, 2012 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Jack

Hello folks. Everyone is cordially invited to visit – thestarofkaduri.com

July 31, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  84. winstonsmith

You will no longer be L'il Dice, you shall now be L'il Ze!! W-ha... W-ha... W-ha...

July 31, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Los

If u really owned studios and made millions as u say u wouldn't have to look for kind bud ud have it. And ur post states u couldn't get into rap but made money off wanna be rappers. Ur a fckn fake and a phony. So Pffff and Roll me spleef. "Stop, st, stop, stop,st, stop lying" (slick rick track so u become knowledgeable)

July 31, 2012 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  86. mikey boy

He's gotta be lion lol

July 31, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Tracy

I think it's great for him to do something different. Life is all about change and positive change and uplifting messages will make Snoop Lion prosper. With his age and having kids it's time now to reinvent himself and go on the positve vibe. I will buy this new album and good luck.

July 31, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  88. notgoingtolast

Safety under the protective wing of Major Lazer. Watch him fail when he tries to go out on his own.

July 31, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Mia

Does that mean he is willing to donate his bejeweled Snoop Dogg paraphernalia as I could use a serious donation right about now.

July 31, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Drew

Snoop is not trying to sound Jamaican, he is just doing his thing. Following his heart. Rastafarian culture is not limited to Jamaica, its all over Africa and any other African Country along with a lot of Countries in Europe, North America, Central America, South America, and Asia. Niabingi drum beat is sick. When you smoke weed, you are not gonna sing rock and roll or some type of up tempo music. You got to be taking coke for that. If you are a genuine weed smoker Reggae is gonna be your music of choice, whether its Jamaican Reggae, American Reggae, African Reggae, European Reggae etc. Snoop is a real Ganja Smoker.

July 31, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Well,

I beg to differ with ya there, youngin. I listen only to classic rock. Now, excuse me while I go get a treat from my garden. Reggae, my azz.

July 31, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  91. dina a ling

Wooo weeee he is way too bright for me eyes with those colors.

July 31, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jamie Harbert

fer real That's all you got I tells you this he's a fer real man maybe fed up with all the killings and hard drugs and wants the man to slow down and realize that selling and pushin drugs ain't living no way no how. may be he want the man to understand that the chains of the south are gone but he that is involed with hard drugs is just a slave to a collumbain drug lord. what do you think

July 31, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • i think

I think it's cool that he is changing. Reggae is cool. I dig the king of Reggae himself Bob
      Marley. My brother loved him. Sometimes it just takes meeting one person to make one changes their ways. A "wise" man said...humm ...if I can remember what he said on the video. Something about God directing one path. Oh shoots..I have to check it out later and see. Anyway..good for him. I'm glad he is trying to do the right thing. I wish him well.

July 31, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Lonnie

I thought he did it to try and get into countries that wouldn't let him in before. Snoop Dog...no entrance. Snoop Lion...come on in!

July 31, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  93. ProperVillain

I tend to agree with @Roll me a spleef, Snoop. I've been playing guitar since I was 12. It's fun, tough, a challenge, your worst enemy and your sweet mistress all rolled up in one. Rap "artist" have some crap machines to make "beats" and then they randomly string words that rhyme together. The ryhming patterns is ALWAYS the same. It is a total crap style of music that anyone with half a brain and a laptop can do. It's terrible and there is no real "art" to it. It is the blue light special of music. The lowest common denominator. No real talent or need to play an instrument requires. A side note: I think hip hop is pretty good. Most of these guys have an actual band, talent, and something to say other than how many people they banged, how much money they made, or how awesome they are. Ugh, BOOOORRRRRIIINNNGGGG...

July 31, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  94. ktina

Really??? Snoop Lion lol.....does not flow well together at all....keep the Dogg!

July 31, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  95. madeugag

I RECENTLY HAVE BEEN READING A LOT ABOUT BUDDISM MYSELF AFTER TRYING 1ST CHIRSTIAN AND ISLAM..LIFE IS A QUEST TO ATTIN A HIGHER CONSCIOUSNES..IM SURE snoop lion will rap again but I wish him well on his choice of living and being

July 31, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Sarto

I had to look at the calendar to make sure it wasn't April still. Are you serious? This article isn't a reader made joke? This sounds like something I'd read on The Onion or that would appear in a South Park episode. Good luck senor Snoop Lion.

July 31, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Mookie

Ok Snoop, I mainly listen to Burning Spear, Steel Pulse, all the Marley bros. and the Melody makers, Shaggy, Sean Paul, and Bob Marley and I actually think you sound pretty good, I'd buy it !!! Snoop has such a distictive voice he sounds good on anything !!!

July 31, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Clete

Don't you think that a real name change would be to Dogg Snoop?

July 31, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • madmacs

whatever......a morale bankrupt peice a crap will still be a ditto whatever the NAME!!

July 31, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Lucinda Greene

I first heard Snoop Doggy Dog's music back around 1993 blaring from my then 14 year old daughter's bedroom.I didn't care for him then and 19 years later my daughter says she can't believe she ever liked him.She's grown up Snoop"Lion"needs to retire.

July 31, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  100. S-Dog

Is he really trying to sound Jamaican? REALLY?!! Sorry SNOOP DOG we all know your from South Central and not Jamaica, it ain't gonna work!!!

July 31, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Pffff

Pulleeeasse...rap is not a challenge to me...you haven't made good rap in at least a decade. The moment everything turned into forshnizzle my dizzle bs is when you jumped the shark. Snoop Lion...this is almost as bad as the white guy with dreads...it's sad when you try to hang on so hard when you're getting old. Just count your money while fading away into oblivion...stop embarassing yourself.

July 31, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ralph R.

@3:O3pm if rap is so easy then why don't you do it and make a few million this year instead of working at Best Buy and living in your mom's basement you envious idiot.

July 31, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matty

Anyone can own a recording studio too idiot! If you made millions on your two, you'd be out there enjoying it and really not giving a Fuk about Snoop's name change. Instead you sit there bullsh!tting to the world about your fake a$$ life when no one gives a flying Fuk! Quit it with the hating on rap. It takes talent and I 100% agree with Ralph that if you think it's so damn easy, get out there and try it yourself. See how far you get...

August 1, 2012 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
    • So Fu(king What

Rap sucks. You will never change my mind about that. Not when there's so much better stuff out there.

August 1, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  102. Los

I like the words and the music, but I have to get used to Snoop not rapping. But all the best on the new endevor!

July 31, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |