Bill gets evil on 'True Blood'
July 30th, 2012

Bill gets evil on 'True Blood'

[This post contains spoilers for the July 29 episode of HBO's "True Blood."]

On Sunday's “True Blood,” the Authority finally came up with a plan end mainstreaming in society – and the evil idea was Bill’s.

When Eric, Bill and the Authority members stumbled back into the headquarters, only Eric seemed lucid. (“We were in the presence of God,” Bill marveled. “We were high as f*****g kites,” Eric corrected.)

Salome enticed Bill to jump on the Sanguinista bandwagon for good, offering an innocent woman. In a flashback, he remembered his human daughter begging him to turn her on his deathbed. That memory somehow convinced him to suck, literally and figuratively. What a jerk!

Thankfully, Eric still had some sense. Following Godric’s orders, he reminded Nora of their maker’s principles. She called Godric a weak apologist. Who could have predicted that Eric would turn out to be the moral compass of the show?

In Faery, Sookie and Jason sought advice from Claude and Co. on how she could use her fairy powers to figure out who killed their parents.

The fairies channeled their power and Sookie had a vision. From the vampire’s point of view, she saw him kill her parents before Claudine stepped in and commanded, “Warlow, leave the girl alone.”

According to Claude, it should be impossible for Sookie to be inside the vampire’s head. Could a blood connection have allowed her entrance? If so, who is Warlow?

His spirit appeared to Sookie in her home that night and threatened her. Yikes!

Meanwhile, Sam shifted into a snake (his powers are so underrated) to interrogate Joe Bob. But another Sam walked into the room! Andy put it best: “That’s his girlfriend. She turned into him. Now she’s stuck.”

Luna was terrified that her inability to shift back meant she was dying. Sam comforted her, and they had a really intense conversation about their relationship. Which was ridiculous because they both looked like Sam! (Sam Trammell’s acting skills are also underrated. His Luna was very convincing.)

Finally, Luna shifted back and vomited. I hope she recovers because Sam deserves to be happy.

At Fangtasia, Pam reprimanded Tara when she got testy with racist former high school classmate Tracy. Then Pam glamoured Tracy and made her Tara’s slave. Pam explained, “You don’t know me that well. My mad face and my happy face are the same.”

Tara wasn’t the only one receiving people as gifts. Hoyt’s new crew kidnapped Jessica, wrapped her in silver chains, and told him to kill her. He couldn’t go through with it, but he deliberated for way too long. Hoyt, holding the woman who broke your heart at gunpoint is not the way to get over her.

You also may have noticed that there weren’t that many man butts last week, so there were extra butt shots in this episode! Both Sam and Alcide are keeping it tight.

Alcide went to challenge packmaster JD, who presented a teenage track star as their prey. Alcide was forced to compete in order to save the boy’s life.

JD defeated Alcide and was about to crush his head with a rock when Martha intervened. I’m not sure where this is headed - maybe Alcide and a group of defectors will start a new pack?

Judging from the comments last week, you readers care as little about Terry and Arlene’s storyline as I do. While part of me is sad to see Lafayette get sucked into this mess, he certainly spiced it up.

The moment poor Lala returned home after escaping Jesus’ grandfather, Arlene and Holly ambushed him. They begged him to pretend to channel the woman who supposedly cursed Terry in order to put his mind at ease.

But Lala’s powers are no joke, and he actually did channel her. And she was angry. Lafayette delivered her news: "Terry, baby, you got to kill Patrick. Or either he got to kill you.” Patrick bolted. (Run, Scott Foley, run! Don’t stop until you find a better role!)

Back at the Authority, Salome implored the newly devout chancellors to devise a plan. While Steve and Russell flirted (amazing), Bill came up with a brilliant idea: to bomb all of the Tru Blood factories so that vampires would be forced to drink human blood.

So, Bill is officially the worst. How will Eric derail his frenemy's plan? And when is the Authority storyline going to coincide with Sookie’s? And, and…OK, I’m exhausted. So many subplots, so few episodes left!

How do you think all - or, let's just be honest, some - of these disparate plot points will come together?

Post by:
Filed under: television • True Blood • TV recaps

1. J.D.

I think Warlow is Bill!

August 10, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. Kristin

I love it! I love where it's going. All other seasons you could guess what was happening, however this season I can't guess anything? I love how they actually focused on Terry! It's going to get crazy. And as for Bill, I think that he is playing the society. He has a bigger plan up his sleeve! Only three episodes left!!!

August 6, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Amber

Seriously Alan Ball, you are destroying the integrity of the original characters that you started out with. I can no longer bear to watch. Going back to books.

August 5, 2012 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • cachupemu

Um, Deadlocked didn't get very good reviews. One reviewer called it a " steaming pile of poo" and another called it "dead in the water". I love the direction of the show. The characters are current, feisty, unpredictable, and fun. If you want the story in the book you should just read the books. The rest of us want something new and are greatful that Alan understands that.

August 7, 2012 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Rachael

I could not agree with you more. The original characters have lost their integrity, and I cannot believe Charlaine Harris is allowing this to happen to the beloved Sookie Stackhouse series.

August 8, 2012 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  4. Lester

This show has lost its way. I used to look forward to each episode and groan when the episode was over. Now, with all the nonsensical and disjointed plots, I feel like I am watching out of an obligation to see what happens to the characters. When did True Blood jump the shark. It was certainly this season. The scene in Nawlins with the tweaked out vampires who supposedly run the favorite world and Lillith app eras to them is my candidate.

August 5, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  5. Sunshine

Vic, I agree! I think Bill is playing them. Maybe he is actually very repulsed by them
    and his own actions. The evil plot maybe the only way he feels he can bring down
    the Authority. If they are all feeding on humans openly like animals, humans
    will revolt and kill them.

August 4, 2012 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Amy

Sunshine, Bill needs to go the way his character has in the books... I firmly believe the ONLY reason this character has any story line is because he's married to the star. Bill is a horrible character and the whole storyline needs to END!

August 14, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Fan

The dragon is the medical examiner ,he was the only one that could have phoned the other haters to let them know their friend was killed by crossbow, he was also making a big excuse why he was late getting to the crime scene. Just a thought.

August 2, 2012 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  7. Lucy

I loved Sam Trammell in this episode! He pulled of Luna’s mannerisms perfectly, and I could not stop laughing during his scenes. Working late at Dish, I’m not able to watch True Blood when it airs; with all of the plot lines this season, I would be completely lost without my Sling Adapter. I can watch shows recorded on my DVR as well as live TV right on my phone. It makes my train ride home so much better when I can catch up on all of the vampire drama in Bon Temps. I am excited to see what is in store for the rest of this season; my one hope is that it once again involves two Sam’s.

July 31, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • cachupemu

OMG he played Lucy sooooo well. Do you remember when he played Marshall Allman's role a while back. PERFECT. He is soooo talented. LOVE HIM

August 2, 2012 at 6:35 am | Report abuse |
  8. Branden

I LOVE IT!!! I seriously thought the vampire that killed Sookie's parents was Bill. I was convinced when when saw the vamp snarl in the car, that 100% looked like Bill. But maybe the name just came out fuzzy, maybe she's saying William, idk! But yeah I think dragon is Maxine Fortenberry. I am getting into the Lala/Terry story now. When Lala was fakeing his little ritual, it reminded me of Whoopi Goldberg as Oda May Brown in ghost, lol! I love love LOVE this darn show!!! SO sad the season is already almost over! :'o(

July 31, 2012 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. danielwalldammit

Yawn!

July 31, 2012 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
  10. Sokman

Vampires suck... Literally

July 30, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Deanna mclellan

I am getting really bored with this show. LOVED the books and the first few seasons but it is so far from the direction of the books I am about to cancel HBO until Game of Thrones comes back on.

July 30, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Vic

Loved Andy's line "I hate this f***in town..." Lol

Also, I'm sure Bill is playing the new Authority and will eventually show his cards. Hes not evil and doubt he will have changed his mind about being a good person so quickly.

July 30, 2012 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  13. frank: retired troll

no replly.. im

July 30, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. snow white

who spoke for me in the gaga blog.

July 30, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Dean

I am getting tired of this season. Really? Let's take over the world? Let's get higher than a greatfull dead concert? And eat anyone we want. Seriously...this will only end very badly for the vampires – tru death for them.

And to ruin a mardi gras celebrations with thier disgusting feeding pulease.

And sorry, but sooki is the dumbiest person on planet earth – gee let me get rid of the only thing that can protect me because then they will leave me alon...dumb dumb dumb..her blood remains the same....and the vampires will love it just the same.

Well...hoepefully i can find another show to wathc avidly soon....cause this gator going down river from dat "bad stuff that happens after food is digested"

July 30, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Kemp21

So, no discussing the hot, crazy scene with Alcide..????

July 30, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Yvonne

I think Mrs. "call me momma" Fortenberry is the Dragon, and I think that the "blood of Lilith" is faery blood...maybe faery turned vampire?

July 30, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • nfp

Didn't think of that for the blood of Lillith, but that's what I'm thinking Warlow is.

July 31, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  18. kylito

"My business is 'Shut the F up while I smoke a blunt', and business is about to get good." or something like that .... lol

July 30, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Bernard

Actually, the description is wrong. The conspiracy is not to force mainstreaming on society; that is, in this series, already the status quo. The conspiracy is to give up the idea of coexistence between humans and vampires and put vampires in the ascendancy, killing humans at whim without any restrictions or punishment.

Since coexistence was, until now, the official policy which enabled vampires to "come out of the coffin", and a great many vampires adhere to the policy of coexistence and imbibe the Tru Blood beverage instead of draining humans, Bill's scheme was to destroy the factories producing Tru Blood, thereby forcing all vampires, even the ones who are currently "mainstreamers", to prey on humans. Diabolical plan!

This scheme is helped along by the belief of the Vampire aristocracy that they have received this new policy direct from the vampire goddess, Lilith.

July 30, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  20. SJane

"(Sam Trammell’s acting skills are also underrated. His Luna was very convincing.)"
    I had this exact same thought process when Tommy shifted into Sam. Sam's Tommy was amazing. Spot on. Sam Trammell's acting is extremely underrated.

July 30, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Francis

Who's the big woman that might be dragon? Not Mrs. Fortenberry, surely...

And whoever she is, will Eric be forced to solicit the help of her and her ignorant followers, as a last resort army of sorts?

July 30, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • 1twinsfan

Yeah, I thought it was sour Fortenberry last ep or the one before. I also wrestled with the notion of the retired Sheriff last week due to his surprise appearance but cheetoes seal the deal for me on Hoyt's Momma. And Sam Tramell is awesome! Easy to see why he had a Tony nomination.

July 30, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |