This time it’s not Arnold Schwarzenegger who’s back - just the 1990 science-fiction thriller he starred in.
This weekend's remake of “Total Recall” instead stars Colin Farrell as a factory worker who decides to go on a virtual vacation. But when he allows Rekall - a company that implants clients with fake memories of lives they wish they had led - to mess with his mind, something goes wrong and Farrell’s character finds himself on the run, wondering what is truly reality.
“Total Recall,” which also stars Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel, opens in theaters Friday. Here's what else you shouldn't miss this week:
- Nightlife expert Jon Taffer helps a pirate-themed bar in Maryland stay afloat in the season 2 premiere of “Bar Rescue” at 9 p.m. ET on SPIKE.
- Oprah enlists inspirational speaker Iyanla Vanzant to put an end to those guilt trips getting you down on the season 2 opener of “Oprah and Iyanla Vanzant: Growing Beyond Guilt,” starting at 10 p.m. ET on OWN.
- Discover supermodel secrets on “About Face: Supermodels Then and Now” as icons including Christie Brinkley, Beverly Johnson, Paulina Porizkova and Cheryl Tiegs discuss their lives both on and off the catwalks and covers, beginning at 9 p.m. ET on HBO.
- In books this week, watch out for: “The Light Between Oceans” by M.L. Stedman; “Big Sky Mountain” by Linda Lael Miller; “The Unspoken” by Heather Graham; and “That Thing Called Love” by Susan Andersen.
- In new music, you'll find: “Dark Roots of Earth” by Testament; “God Forgives I Don’t” by Rick Ross; “The Soul Sessions, Vol. 2” by Joss Stone; “I Am Armando” by Pitbull; “Underwater” by Joshua Radin; and “A Thousand Miles Left Behind” by Gloriana.
- Movies and TV shows out on DVD this week include: “LOL”; “Detention”; “The Weight of the Nation”; “Hatfields & McCoys”; and for all you 1990s nostalgics, Vols. 1 & 2 of “Melrose Place: The Seventh and Final Season,” and “Magic School Bus: The Complete Series.”
- The season 1 finale of “Jane by Design” has Jane using her bonus check to finance the school play - watch it at 9 p.m. ET on ABC Family.
- From mortgage scams to Ponzi schemes, white-collar crime is uncovered on the series opener of “American Greed: The Fugitives” at 8 p.m. ET on CNBC.
- Also coming to theaters this week are the films “Celeste and Jesse Forever,” starring Andy Samberg, Rashida Jones, Elijah Wood and Emma Roberts; “360” starring Anthony Hopkins, Jude Law and Rachel Weisz; and “Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days” starring Steve Zahn.