'Idol' champ Lee DeWyze says 'I do'
July 23rd, 2012

'Idol' champ Lee DeWyze says 'I do'

"American Idol" winner Lee DeWyze is now a married man.

CNN's confirmed that the season 9 "Idol" star has married model and actress Jonna Walsh.

DeWyze's manager Brett Radin reports that the singer got hitched on Saturday in Camarillo, California, and that about 200 people attended the wedding.

Walsh is said to have worn a vintage-style, strapless Lili Bridal lace-embroidered gown for the occasion.

DeWyze first met his future wife in 2010 while shooting the video for his song "Sweet Serendipity."

They got engaged last year aboard a private yacht at Disney World.

DeWyze couldn't wait to let the world know his newly married status, tweeting, "Beautiful wedding, beautiful girl, just beautiful... We're married!" right after the ceremony.

"It was really our style of wedding," the 26-year-old told People magazine. "Outdoors with chandeliers."

According to varying reports, the couple then slipped off to Bali for their honeymoon.

1. sassysticks53

I think it's funny some of you commenting on nasty comments. How many nasty comments have you posted about others on this forum? I haven't heard anything about Lee Dwyze since he won Idol (like a majority of the winners). But I wish him and his bride the very best. Lee looks like a nice, humble dude and his bride is a beautiful woman. So the best to the newlyweds.

July 26, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. 8andSkate

Seriously, who?

July 26, 2012 at 5:33 am | Report abuse |
  3. salleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

. Once again, a bunch of idiots write in with misspellings,
    incorrect punctuation and grammar, and proof that the world is full of morons.

July 24, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sami

So happy for them :) Anyone who has followed Lee and Jonna know that they truly found Sweet Serendipity while they weren't looking. It's been a pleasure watching their love grow and I've enjoyed Lee's music so much these past 2 years. Looking so forward to his next album!

July 24, 2012 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  5. Annoying

I was a fan of Lee's until he started dating this girl and became her little puppet and became too annoying to follow. Oh well, as long as he's happy. I guess.

July 23, 2012 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. rol2s

I love these two!! They have so much love and respect for each other. They looked so fabulous, Jonna in her gorgeous gown and Lee in his Cool Converse. Congratulations xoxoxo

July 23, 2012 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  7. JoAnne

So, so, Happy for you !!!!
    Have a great , wonderful time in Bali!!!
    Take a lot of pictures for your fans to see,
    plus your wedding cake, too,
    God Bless you both, JoAnne

July 23, 2012 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Isye8586

I feel very sorry for you who live in US but no nothing about Lee DeWyze!! But thats oke.. I'm so happy for the adorable couple. They bring "sweet serendipity" into their life. I'm very proud to be his huge fans. His music has inspired many people (that I know). Wishing him happiness and joyful life in many years to come. Can not wait for his new album!!!

July 23, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. SarahK

To those who make negative comments – If you can't say something positive, don't say anything at all. Lee and Jonna are the most genuine people you will ever meet. Lee's music is awesome. He writes from his heart. I've met Lee and find him to be a beautiful person inside and out. And I know if you met him you would leave feeling the same way.

July 23, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Vicky

Lee serenading Jonna at their wedding and now he's going to share that song with us on his new album....can't wait...so special !!

July 23, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Ashley

What is with all the hate? Grow up, kids. Lee and Jonna deserve the utmost respect. Like it or hate it, it happened. Clearly most of yall are wasting your time commenting. Either way, congrats to the DeWyzes'! I wish for a happy and healthy life.

July 23, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Krysta

They are such a beautiful couple and they are both very genuine, down to earth people. I started listening to Lee's music last year and now I'm very hooked. He's also very good in concert and I wish the best for both of them. I can't wait for his next album. The snippets I heard so far are awesome. Good luck in their new life together.

July 23, 2012 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lindsay

A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

July 23, 2012 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Diane

A couple so much in love and they have shared so much of their love story with us on twitter..so kind, generous & thoughtful...thank you for sharing !!

July 23, 2012 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Sarah

Congratulations Lee and Jonna! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful. Jonna, your gown was stunning and absolutely beautiful. Your wedding pictures – spectacular and as beautiful as I imagined they would be. Lee, you are the sweetest and kindest young man and I am so happy you found Jonna to share your life with..a match made in heaven. Your love story is magical. Jonna married her Prince Charming. I wish you both the very richest of blessings and many years of happiness, love and wonderful memories. Love you both so much.

July 23, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Lynette.J

So much in love, an example to many.

July 23, 2012 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Kim

A beautiful couple, a stunning wedding and now a magical life to spend together. CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

July 23, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  18. @Diane1nz

I am so happy for Lee & Jonna...they are such a beautiful couple and have found their 1 true love. It was definately Sweet Serendipity that led them here and now they have an amazing life to spend together. They are so much in love it just radiates....congratulations to 2 very special people.

July 23, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Linda

Congratulations Lee and Jonna, sweet and beautiful couple. Wishing you a lifetime of love!
    Also looking forward to Lee's next album!! Love his voice! Many blessings to you both <3

July 23, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Amy H

I'm so happy for Lee and Jonna. They are really nice people and look awesome. I didn't know much about his music at first until my friend introduced me to it and I really love it. I wish them happiness and hope more people give Lee's music a chance. He's incredible live. We went to his show. WOW!!! He's also a very nice person.

July 23, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  21. dewyzefan6

HUGE Congrats Lee & Jonna. This love story is a great example of a fairy tale sprinkled with sweet serendipity on top. I've never seen 2 people so in love & it's very refreshing. They both look amazing & are two of the nicest, most genuine people you ever want to meet with the biggest hearts. Lee is an extremely talented singer/songwriter who always takes times for his fans. I love the way they support each other. The world needs more people like Lee & Jonna. We can learn alot from them! @dewyzefan6 Annie S

July 23, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. BOO

Lee DeWyze's music is deep & emotional...To those writing nasty comments: You are confusing TALENT with FAME !!! Regardless of ones like/dislike of Lee & his music, Wish him joy in his marriage to Jonna Walsh!! There is so much anger & negativity in the world... Celebrate Life & LOVE ! BOO -o-o-

July 23, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  23. charles johnson

Lee Who?????

July 23, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ann S

charles, you are??? and you are signed with???? thanks. Lee and Jonna are a beautiful couple and Lee is extremely talented & such a nice person who's music inspires ALOT of people.

July 23, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarahk

If you don't know who Lee is then why comment

July 23, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Edisto

If all people can say are negative bitter comments...keep it to yourself. I for one and happy for this couple and wish them success. I have had a happy marriage for over 25 years. Marriage is work and it's like a roller coaster...some days good and some days you look at your spouse with thoughts of what the heck have I done? But most of the time those feelings are temporary. Best wishes for Lee and Jonna...enjoy the roller coaster ride and hang on in times of good and bad.

July 23, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Rebbeca

Haven't heard anything from him since he won so he says i do and we all said I don't care!

July 23, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Thomas Felix C;lauss

I have neeb married 896 years.

July 23, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Leon David Peris

I am proud of them both and wish them all the best.

July 23, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Leebear5

So happy for Lee and Jonna! They are a beautiful endearing talented couple! I'm excited to hear the song he wrote for Jonna as she walked down the aisle when his new album comes out!

July 23, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |