This Friday, it’s finally time to let the games begin.
Under the artistic direction of “Slumdog Millionaire” director Danny Boyle, London’s Olympic Stadium will be transformed into a quintessential British countryside for the 2012 opening ceremonies. The opening ceremonies are always a spectacle, and this year’s show, “Isles of Wonder,” is expected to feature barnyard animals, a cricket match and a performance by Sir Paul McCartney. The celebration will begin at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBC.
Here’s what else you shouldn’t miss this week:Sunday
- Only race car driver Arie Luydendyk Jr. and entrepreneur Jef Holm remain on "The Bachelorette." The two admirers get the chance to impress Emily Maynard’s family, but who will receive that final rose? Find out on the season finale of “The Bachelorette” at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
- Entertainment, sports and fashion achievements will be honored at “Teen Choice 2012” at 8 p.m. ET on FOX . The 14th annual awards ceremony will also feature performances by Justin Bieber, Carly Rae Jepsen, No Doubt and Flo Rida.
- Another season finale will determine who really belongs in the kitchen when the winner of “Food Network Star” is announced at 9 p.m. ET on Food Network.
- Fifteen castoffs from “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette” as well as five fans will move into the Malibu mansion to compete for $250,000 on the season 3 premiere of “Bachelor Pad” at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
- Battling in a four-stage course, finalists will be challenged to a “spider flip” and 65-foot rope climb in the hopes of winning the ultimate title on the season finale of “American Ninja Warrior,” starting at 9 p.m. ET on NBC.
- New books: “Where We Belong” by Emily Giffin; “Black List” by Brad Thor; and “Friends Forever” by Danielle Steel.
- In new music: “Gossamer” by Passion Pit; “Handwritten” by The Gaslight Anthem; “Dance Again: The Hits (Deluxe Edition)” by Jennifer Lopez; and “Shrines” by Purity Ring.
- Movies and TV shows out on DVD and Blu-Ray: “The Deep Blue Sea”; “Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season”; and “Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season One.”
- See which couple will win a trip around the world on the season 2 finale of “Love in the Wild” at 10 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Jimmy Fallon’s infamous musical parodies and collaborations will be celebrated on “Jimmy Fallon’s Primetime Music Special” at 10 p.m. ET on NBC. This primetime special will feature performances and recaps of hits including Fallon’s Tim Tebow and David Bowie character mashup “Tebowie” and his “History of Rap” pairing with Justin Timberlake.
- Season 4 of “Top Chef Masters” opens with 12 acclaimed chefs ready for battle as the Las Vegas culinary challenges begin, starting at 10 p.m. ET on BRAVO.
- Premiering at 11 p.m. ET on MTV, “WakeBrothers” follows the lives of professional wakeboarders Phil and Bob Soven, who live, work and play together, despite some inherent differences.
- Watch as a single 24-year-old model, 29-year-old entrepreneur and 34-year-old pharmaceutical rep move into a Chicago home to begin their search for romance on new series “My Guy is Out There” at 10 p.m. ET on CBS.
- Coming to theaters: “The Watch” starring Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill; “Step Up Revolution” starring “So You Think You Can Dance” season 6 contestant Kathryn McCormick; and in select theaters, “Ruby Sparks” starring Paul Dano, Zoe Kazan and Annette Bening; and “Killer Joe” starring Matthew McConaughey, Emile Hirsch and Juno Temple.