July 19th, 2012
08:04 PM ET
There are only so many ways to say "thank you" to the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for a Primetime Emmys nod, but a few of these nominated stars did try to come up with creative ones.
From "Homeland" stars Claire Danes and Damian Lewis to the Twitter shout-out from Zooey Deschanel to her category competitor Lena Dunham, take a look at a round-up of reactions from Emmy nominees after the jump:
- Claire Danes, outstanding lead actress in a drama series nominee, "Homeland": "I am honored to be recognized by the Academy among such a talented group of women. I am thrilled that Damian, 'Homeland,' our amazing writers and director and so many others got nominated. It is a great day to be on set where we can all celebrate together."
- Damian Lewis, outstanding lead actor in a drama series nominee, "Homeland": “I'm over the moon to receive my first Emmy nomination. I feel so lucky to be a part of 'Homeland' and am extremely grateful to the writing team for continuing to write such extraordinary roles for all of us. I couldn't feel more proud to be keeping company with such a fantastic range of talented actors."
- Julie Bowen, outstanding supporting actress in a comedy series nominee, "Modern Family": “Wow! I'm really overwhelmed and grateful. It feels weird that our outrageously talented writers were overlooked as they make MF so great.”
- Zooey Deschanel, outstanding lead actress in a comedy series nominee, "New Girl": “So, excited for the #Emmys! @lenadunham – what are our nails going to wear?!!!
- Max Greenfield, outstanding supporting actor in a comedy series nominee, "New Girl": “I feel very fortunate to be a part of a show like New Girl! I love Television and all of you. #Emmys
- Edie Falco, outstanding lead actress in a comedy series nominee, "Nurse Jackie": “I love Nurse Jackie and I’m very honored to be recognized by my peers. This year is particularly exciting with several of my castmates also being nominated. It is [a] great year for Nurse Jackie!”
- Don Cheadle, outstanding lead actor in a comedy series nominee, "House of Lies": "Wow. My agent was right when he said, 'You don't have to bribe all the people to get nominated, Don. Just the right people.’ This is the best $246,000.00 I've ever spent. Thanks, Emmy."
- Jessica Lange, outstanding supporting actress in a miniseries or movie nominee, “American Horror Story”: "I want to thank the Academy for honoring 'American Horror Story' for all the incredible nominations. It's been wonderful to work on a show with such talented actors and the fabulous creative team of Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and all the brilliant writers who make Constance such an interesting character to play."
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson, outstanding supporting actor in a comedy series nominee, “Modern Family”: “Thrilled about all of Modern Family's Emmy noms. Also super excited for my favorite new comedies: Veep & Girls & the brilliant @ lenadunham”
- Kevin Costner, outstanding lead actor in a miniseries or movie nominee, “Hatfields & McCoys": “Filming the ‘Hatfields & McCoys’ was one of the most fulfilling and inspiring projects that I’ve had the opportunity to work on, and it was truly gratifying that audiences tuned in to see our interpretation of this classic American story. To be recognized for our work by the members of [the] Television Academy this morning is the cherry on top. I share this nomination with everyone who contributed to this project from the producers, cast and crew to the great team at History, who really stepped up to support the creative vision of the filmmakers.”
- Lena Dunham, outstanding lead actress in a comedy series nominee, "Girls": “I have no jokes to make. This is an amazing morning.”
- Eric Stonestreet, outstanding supporting actor in a comedy series nominee, "Modern Family": “I'm honored to be nominated in a category that has so many actors on so many shows doing such great work. Thank you all for your kind words."
- Clive Owen, outstanding lead actor in a miniseries or movie nominee, “Hemingway & Gellhorn”: “I am really thrilled to be nominated for 'Hemingway and Gellhorn.' I had such a great time working with the brilliant Phil Kaufman and the wonderful Nicole Kidman.”
- Bill Hader, outstanding supporting actor in a comedy series nominee, “Saturday Night Live”: "It's a great honor, though there should be parentheses next to my name with all of the ‘SNL’ writers. And now I have to kiss up to the cast members of ‘Modern Family’ in hopes that they pull a Ving Rhames and give me their award when they win."
- Steve Buscemi, outstanding lead actor in a drama series nominee, “Boardwalk Empire”: “There are so many amazing performances this year by actors I really admire, that it means a lot to me to be included among them.”
- Jimmy Fallon, host of outstanding variety series nominee, "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon": “Yayyyyyyy!!!! We just got nominated for an Emmy!!!! It’s been an unbelievable year for us – we are so happy and thankful. Everyone here is honored, thrilled, humbled, excited and already pretty drunk.”
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.