Randy Jackson speaks on J. Lo, Steven Tyler leaving 'Idol'
July 16th, 2012

Randy Jackson speaks on J. Lo, Steven Tyler leaving 'Idol'

"American Idol's" Randy Jackson has nothing but love for the show's departing judges, Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez.

The "Idol" staple told Gossip Cop that he wishes the singers well on their professional endeavors, even though they've left him all alone (so far, anyway) at the judges table.

“Steven and Jennifer are truly two of the most talented and consummate professionals I’ve worked with,” Jackson told the website in a statement.

“I was friends with them before we hopped on this crazy journey together and I have no doubt our friendships will continue long after," he said." I will love them for life."

Queen of Soul expresses interest in joining 'American Idol'

Meanwhile, there's been no official word on whether Jackson himself will stay with the popular TV talent showcase, or if he, too, will soon see the door.

But according to previous reports, we do know that we haven't seen the last of the deserting duo. Tyler is planning to go back to performing with his legendary rock band Aerosmith, while Lopez is looking at a myriad of options, including upcoming films, concert tours and work with her clothing line.

She confirmed her departure via Ryan Seacrest’s radio show on Friday.

1. She Stinks!

JHO is no class trash with zero talent. Randy knows this. We all know it. Go away JHO Bag! Back to obscurity!

July 19, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  2. HelloTampa

Bring Barry Manilow and Celine Dion. Then everything will fall in place (it's downfall).

July 18, 2012 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. I WILL

I will miss seeing that BIG P O O PER

July 17, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jujubeans

He's gonna miss seeing JLo's big booty every day!

July 17, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  5. 0rangeW3dge

I've never been a fan of Las Vegas or Broadway style entertainment (came from the garage groups myself)
    But, somebody's gotta do it.
    These guys are an outlet for amateur talent, even if they are 90% schmaltz.
    I actually watch parts of it sometimes, and they're pretty good on occassion. It is the American music industry, but the alternative is like Youtube or your local bar which may not be very reliable talent either...

July 17, 2012 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. Ed

Bring on Barry Manilow.

July 16, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Peter Pan

This show is Clive Davis' baby – artificially insementing viewers into thinking it's "real". All fixed confirmed by Paula's pre-scripted flub a few years ago (Remember how they buried that one with "prescription pain-killers"? Did you swallow that pill they fed you? Are you comfortably numb?) Contestants are pre-chosen by Industry A&R reps to get artists big promo/exposure BEFORE albums are released instead of Labels investing and losing $$$ like they have been since the 90's Internet explosion, Napster & iTunes. It's all part of the show! Idol-atry at it's best...Gotta love it! Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...

July 16, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jason

Ever wonder why they don't have songwriting shows for REAL artists? Hmmmmm?

July 16, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jason

Please just end this crappy show.

Sincerely,

Every Real Artist In The World

July 16, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Who Cares

Good bass player, BIG brown nose. This guy needs to grow up.

July 16, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. zod

Randy Jackson? Has this guy had an original idea in his entire life?

July 16, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Burbank

Never particularly liked either one of them, they are part of the reason I don't watch the show. Losing both of them will be an improvement.

July 16, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jimmy

July 16, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. rainy Alaska

This show suks so bad even the judges are leaving.

July 16, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. PantyRaid

You people spend too much time following this crap.

If you paid more attention to politics and the economy, maybe our nation would not be in the dump right now.

You're all trash.

July 16, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Iowan

Yes, PantyRaid, you are so above anything to do with this show. I'm sure that's why you are posting here instead of out there doing something about the economy.

July 16, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • tez07

I take offense.......I am garbage, not trash.

July 16, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Joe Bob

Randy Jackson is a joke.

July 16, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

Don't act like a fool. Say something that makes a contribution.

July 16, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robyn

I concur. I stopped watching 4 years ago because I thouoght if I heard the word "DOG" one more time, I would SCREAM!

July 16, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Danimal

@ Bob. "Flash in the pan show"...Really? I agree it's finally running out of steam and needs to go but Idol was a cultural powerhouse and has transformed TV and the music business, like it or not. I would hardly call that a flash in the pan. Some of the "winners" flashed, but the show burned for many years!

July 16, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Tweety

I wonder if the bad ole puddy cat has a piano neck tie ..lmfpao!!! Oh, how swwweeeeettttt ..lmao ! Wooo the visual of that sends a tingle up my spine!

July 16, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  19. kevin

New judges should be Janet jackson and cher

July 16, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  20. article

next new article ... here we go!

July 16, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Eric

New Judges – Female should be Bett Midler or Stevie Nicks, Male Should be Rod Stewart!!!

July 16, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Scott

Sorry to see them leave. I think the judges panel of Jackson, Tyler and Lopez has been the best to date, but everything thing can be improved. Let's hope for an even more stellar panel in the future. Good luck to Tyler and Lopez!

July 16, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  23. mukazzi

Fact: Steven Tyler -it was good interim thing for him to do (and his "Stevenisms" were a breath of 'funky' fresh air). JLo -this was a carefully crafted contract that was designed to get her back into music videos and dancing (I'm smart enough not to include singing) while on the BRINK of the ending of her marriage (she received more money from two years of AI than what she would have received from baby-making Marc Anthony). Remember, Jennifer was ready to bite the bullet after being skewered the first year; this season (neither of which I watched religously) she was out of control. As for Randy Jackson -if he's going to be a mentor, GET THE MAN A DICTIONARY AND THESAURUS (and to know that he can't compare EVERY performance to Journey). That said, let me continue reading Toni Morrison's "Home" -see there is something BETTER to do....

July 16, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Mary Freeman

Love American Idol. Show helps kids with a career who would not have one otherwise. Steve & J-LO did a good job,and will miss them. Now I would like to suggest Mirah Carey and Mario Lopez as possible new judges OR
    Reba McIntyre and Tim McGraw.

July 16, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jimmy

Every time I see a lame Idol commercial I wonder where the terrorists are when we really need them...

July 16, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

"Show helps kids with a career who would not have one otherwise. "

Oh please god bring me into that parallel world.

July 16, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Arthur

Idol auditions were held in Chicago last week – so who was judging ?

July 16, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Bob

This flash in the pan show is beginning to die out ;-)

July 16, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Huh?

Pfft, "flash in the pan"?? Umm, 11 seasons, with an average of 20-25 million viewers EVERY night...that's no flash in the pan, that's a very successful TV show/franchise. Do you even know what flash in the pan means?

July 17, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Logic

No one is willing to see the writing on the wall. They need to put this show out of its misery. It should go quietly into the annals of TV before it become an even more sad relic of reality programming.

July 16, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Nope

Until this show seriously tanks in the ratings, it isn't going anywhere. By tanks, I mean less than 10 million views a show and it's far from that (so far).

You'll see X-Factor canned before American Idol.

July 17, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  28. lmew

This show needs to end. It's not the same without Simon.

July 16, 2012 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • OneVoice

With the ratings continuing to decline...this show really would not be missed if they removed it from the airwaves.

July 16, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norkio

They should have gotten Howard Stern to replace Simon.

July 16, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  29. tez08

Randy also said " Yo, dawg, as long as they don't bring Paula and Simon back, who cares? I'm still rakin' in de cash!!"

July 16, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  30. tez07

when did the piano necktie return to fashion?

July 16, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  31. John

This show is a joke, Most of the idiots who have won have no talent.

July 16, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • dave

Boy John, You better stop smoking them funny cigs or get out more. Or even turn on the radio and or T.V. I am sure you must have no talent becuse you must not have a job and what us to pay more of your bills.

July 16, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Incrediboy

It takes a Joker....to realize...no talent. Much like you.....eh.

July 16, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

you mean, you don't have Taylor Hick's album?
      you did buy Kris Allen, though - right? I've got mine right next to my Ruben Studdard Greatest Hits box set.

July 16, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • mjinmd

Tell that to Carrie Underwood and see how hard she laughs at you.

July 16, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Who Cares

I agree.

July 16, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Bob

Anyone else think Randy intentionally used the word Journey to refer to his stint with the band? lol.

July 16, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  33. tez07

Translation: Yo Dawg, what do I care......I am still picking up that fat paycheck as long as I can

July 16, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |