Did Letterman spoil the ending to 'Dark Knight Rises'?
July 13th, 2012

Did Letterman spoil the ending to 'Dark Knight Rises'?

Thursday's edition of "Late Show with David Letterman," which had "The Dark Knight Rises" actress Anne Hathaway on as a guest, might've needed a spoiler alert.

Hathaway, sporting her cropped hair for "Les Miserables," was chatting with Letterman about Christopher Nolan's anticipated Batman film when the late night host made a comment that did not please fans.

"I saw the Batman movie," Letterman said, giving it praise and noting how the lengthy running time "flies by." But he did opt to remark that "in the end, Batman is dead."

Seeing that he burst out in laughter following that comment, he was either really kidding, or just found it funny that he dropped a spoiler.

"Metaphysically, or emotionally?" Hathaway inquired, either playing along or trying to diffuse the situation, as she points out that the question of whether Batman lives or dies in Nolan's film is "a whole thing.

"He ain't dead, just relax, will ya?" Letterman responded.

If it turns out he does die at the end, Hathaway's already cleared her name. She gave Letterman fair warning and issued an apology to the director.

"I just want you to know the wrath that you have just invited onto yourself," the 29-year-old star said. "Chris, I had no part in it, I'm sorry."

To hear Hathaway talk about playing Catwoman, check out the video below:

Filed under: Celebrities • David Letterman • movies • television • The Dark Knight Rises

1. test2

Thank you for currently being my individual lecturer on this niche. I liked the post quite absolutely and most of all liked the way you dealt with the troubles I commonly known as controversial. You are usually genuinely variety in the direction of visitors really like me and support me in my daily life. Thank you. test2 http://testdomain.com

March 17, 2013 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. sneaker advertisement

you don't have to do that.....everyone knows i'm here since 8am.

January 9, 2013 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  3. Air Max 90 Nike Shoes

hello,my friend,how are you
    Air Max 90 Nike Shoes http://www.airmax90white.net

January 9, 2013 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  4. what tv

Woah this weblog is fantastic i love studying your articles. Keep up the good paintings! You already know, lots of persons are searching around for this info, you could aid them greatly.

July 28, 2012 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |
  5. the_dude

Who cares it is a comic book movie for f's sake.

July 27, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Watch Online your favorit TV Shows

I used to be suggested this website by means of my cousin. I am now not positive whether or not this put up is written by means of him as nobody else realize such specified about my difficulty. You are amazing! Thank you!

July 25, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Post

Anybody who knows a bit about batman could have told you that. I knew as soon as it was announced that bane was the villain, half a year ago at least.

July 19, 2012 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  8. 0rangeW3dge

"Letterman" died years ago...This is just an bitter old white guy hiding inside the dried husk of what used to be Letterman, that thinks he is still relevant and clever.

July 17, 2012 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  9. no more fear or being mean Papi

just do it.

July 16, 2012 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  10. Brian

You guys are missing the biggest part – they did NOT edit this out of the broadcast, which means the studio was OK with the conversation. Things slip all the time during these segments, and they are always edited out if it's not meant to be said. This did not happen, and I guarantee you they checked with WB to make sure this was OK, or else it would've never been shown on TV and never known period. It was either a PR stunt, or Dave was actually just joking around, and there' s no doubt about it being it wasn't edited out for broadcast.

July 16, 2012 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  11. top

Letterman is ok. i find him fun at times. the top 10's were always famous in our office.

July 16, 2012 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  12. Bob

It's Letterman, like anyone still watches that show

July 16, 2012 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
  13. TINKLE/PSYCH

if this is a serious comment..that is true..alot men do have true feelings for women yet its hard for them to say something to that woman...so he will be obnoxious to her for the simple reason of attention, men need to not be afraid of someone they feel for. our world is so rough right now....if you need her..you have to tell her...jusy sayin!

July 15, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  14. tinkle be careful

he might be cheating you ... i would be alert with that...

July 15, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. tinkle be careful

he might be cheating you ... be careful

July 15, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  16. TINKLE COMMENT

give him some time.... if he doesn't "get it rolling" then move on, because he may think your an as-shole.

July 15, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  17. TinkleToes@2:57

I think some men pretend to be mean for a cover up. They are afraid to admit the truth that they truly love a girl and want to be with her...ummm like A.H. lol

July 15, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • tinkle toes comment/psych101

if this is a serious comment..that is true..alot men do have true feelings for women yet its hard for them to say something to that woman...so he will be obnoxious to her for the simple reason of attention, men need to not be afraid of someone they feel for. our world is so rough right now....if you need her then tell her.

July 15, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Fdaveokc

She "defused" the situation. It's impossible to "diffuse" a situation.

July 15, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • sam

They are both acceptable in their own ways. You defuse a bomb and you diffuse bright light. In fact, I would consider diffuse to be the proper analogy in this case, because it was not a moment of tension that was suddenly released, but rather an attempt to muddle about what the audience thought they were hearing.

July 19, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ella Jay

actually not impossible at all, if you actually look up the word. one would, in effect, diffuse the situation by infiltrating it with other situations, e.g., if everything is too tense, various sources of frivolity converging on the situation at once would not only defuse the situation, but it also would diffuse it.

"1: being at once verbose and ill-organized
      2: not concentrated or localized
      — dif·fuse·ly adverb
      — dif·fuse·ness noun"

golly-gee that was fun, and you're welcome

July 25, 2012 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  19. Michael Calaizzo

I think he is a good interviewer.

July 15, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  20. reallyforealnowayseriouslyomg!

This is for gays.

July 15, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  21. wow

Anne Hatheway is in this movie? Uuuh...that's a spolier itself. She sucks. Plain and simple, just sucks.

July 15, 2012 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Dustin

Do you live under a rock? I am not a fan of her either but with Chris Nolan at the helms.....I will trust this notion.

July 16, 2012 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  22. Matt

now that I know how the movie ends I'll probably just wait for to come out on dvd

July 15, 2012 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
  23. P Boy

I'd like to take a pooh in Anne Hathaway's shower.

July 15, 2012 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  24. Name*Inigo Jones

Letterman is a "Terminal Arshl."
    Always,"Look how cute I am!"
    Incredibly boring narcissist

July 14, 2012 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Bill

The joker was the only good thing about the last movie anyway

July 14, 2012 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Squincher

Letterman and Lemo both need to go. These old senile coots just phone it in most nights of their shows. Can't CBS and NBC find young, talented hosts???

July 14, 2012 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Elvis

Thank you David.
    You saved us a lot of money and not waste it at a movie theatre.
    I will wait until I can get the Mo ie on DVD for a real cheap price.

July 14, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Kelly

Yes. He dies in the end anyways. So what it is only a movie. The Joker died.

July 14, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Gregory

Spoiler alert***?Norman Bates is his playibg his mother.
    Darth is Luke's father, Dorothy only dreamed of OZ, The dystopic future in Planet of the Apes is New York's. Oh, and Soylent Green??? Well that's people!

July 14, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  30. the real ending

*spoiler alert* HERMIONE DIES!

July 14, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Todd

The thing is David Letterman is out of touch with common Americans, and it's time for him to retire. He points fingers and snubs his nose at the ones who made him famous, no wonder the Tonight Show went with Jay Leno....

July 14, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • MLName*

Judging from your arrogent and ignorant comment, it sounds to me like you've never watched Letterman a day in your life. You must be a Leno fan or maybe one of his producers, as you actually described him, instead. Leno is as out of touch as can possibly be, and more unlikable than Bush #2. He doesn't really care, either, cause he is über wealthy and has more cars in his garage than are driving around Manhattan at this very moment.

July 14, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Gpujic

CNN: Why the heck would you decide to post such a spoiler without an alert? Ever heard of spoiler alert warnings? I knew the article was about a spoiler that letterman dropped by the slip of his tongue but I thought you would have the decent sense to warn us readers when you were going to share what the spoiler was!

July 14, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  33. jbob

I dont know. I think id have to thank letterman for helping me save $12 on a movie ticket. Now i can wait til its on redbox thanks letterman

July 14, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Howie

Fartman would pummel batman.

July 14, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  35. dave's rough outside...

but purrrrs inside also.

July 14, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Michael

You don't think buy publisging this story you spoiled the ending for those who don't watch Letterman? Idiots!!

July 14, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Lobo

Batman is the blue collar super hero he makes his own gear works on his own car and solves crime the old school way-with detective work. no radio active voodo crap. LONG LIVE THE BATMAN

July 14, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • spoddney

He did actually use radio waves to get all those images into his Batmask and track down the Joker at the end of The Dark Knight...still I take your point...Batman IS THE MAN.

July 15, 2012 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  38. LEAVE DAVIE ALONE!

H'ES STILL FUNNY COME ON GUYS!

July 14, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  39. NO FEAR

STRENGTH

July 14, 2012 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  40. winkler

mutual.

July 14, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  41. hey

come on now its decent i went to the premier its decent

July 14, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Henry

Cfg

July 14, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jimmy Says

I meant Knight...

July 14, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Jimmy Says

I look forward to the follow up to to the Dark Night Rises-the Dark Stool Falls.

July 14, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  45. shocker

am not mad at letterman i hate wasting my time and money. if any one have any more info. do we see mr.freeze or riddler who are my favorite.

July 14, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  46. shocker

i watched the letterman show,when he said batman was dead i just took it as one of his jokes but i guess the news clear that up. they have just turn me away from batman. the last batman was so bad i dont know why they made another one. i just like the cars and toys and bad guys and that's not what batman is about anymore.

July 14, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • loser

you are a pitiful little human being who should go cry himself to sleep for being such a little weiner and cry baby

July 14, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  47. maryscott

Ithinkthatthefactthatpeoplegetsoupsetoveramovieendingissad.Withallthatpeoplearefacingattistime;poverty;unemplyment;oursoliderstillbeingkilleddaily;notgetti'gthemuchneededcareontheirreturnhome;whocaresthatmovieending.AsforDavidLettermantomehe'sthebest.

July 14, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Name*goatroper

DAVID LETTERMAN IS MY HERO

July 14, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  49. Louis C.

I think the studio paid him to say it. That way, we would all be shocked and appalled into talking about it on this website, which second only to the national media talking about it on the evening news last night. Tons of free advertising. As far as the actual ending, either the trailers let out too much of the secret about Batman giving everything to Gotham: "Not everything, not yet" or that's a plant just to set us up for a surprise ending. I think it's a setup because the posters also say "It ends". We'll see.

July 14, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  50. Uncle Dutch

Relax...the secret is safe. Not that many people watch Letterman to begin with and those that do, are the types that already knew the reveal months ago. My advice is you prune-pussed purists smoke a joint in the parking lot before the show and enjoy the delicious spectacle of Ms. Hathaway wriggling around in that latex cat suit for 2+ hours.

July 14, 2012 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  51. Mike

That's not really a spoiler because its been hinted at since Batman Begins. Also, the scene where Batman says he hasn't given Gotham everything is a bit of foreshadowing. I am really looking forward to seeing this.

July 14, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  52. dcmortimer

Dont worry he's not dead I saw him just the other day at the dry cleaners he was picking up one of his suits .

July 14, 2012 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  53. Matthew

Did CNN Spoil the End to 'Dark Knight Rises' while reporting on Letterman Spoiling the End to 'Dark Knight Rises'?

July 14, 2012 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  54. TCF

Hopefully he is dead so a new guy can step in and replace the ever growling snarling Bale who has sucked as Batman! He makes Devito's rendition of the penguin not suck so much!!

July 14, 2012 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  55. Marg..LMAO

i think this would be a good time for my rendition of the star spangled banner don't you!

July 14, 2012 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  56. redskin reggie

You'll only appreciate the dark knight if you're into comics and allow yourself to slip into their world. Besides it's 3 hour to get away from the real world.

July 14, 2012 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  57. Putz

still the same putz

July 14, 2012 at 6:16 am | Report abuse |
  58. Diego

With all these worms in my pooh it looks like I'll be saving a fortune in fishing bait this summer.

July 14, 2012 at 4:58 am | Report abuse |
  59. National Comedy Radio

Nolan, bale, hathaway and the studio will still make millions...the rest of us will still be poor. None of this really matters...batman could be molested by a chimp for all i care, i still have to go to work in the morning with severe menstral cramps.

July 14, 2012 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
  60. kevin

Christian Bale does a good job at whatever he does.

July 14, 2012 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
    • TCF

You've got to be kidding?!! Bale looks like he has a sharp stick up his keester the way he contorts his face and growls and snarls every time he puts on the batsuit! Always been a huge fan of Batman but Bale has been the worst to don the suit!!

July 14, 2012 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Bale me out

Putting on a bat suit is not enough of a disguise. And Nolan caught on to this. So he and Bale came up with the best voice change they could come up with. I think it's brilliant!

July 14, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • GODSENT68

@TCF: Are you high??? Need I remind you of George Clooney

July 14, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  61. tf

Haven't there been a few Batman beyond Wayne?

July 14, 2012 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

yes. Dick Grayson, the original robin (there have been 4 robins) took his place after Bruce died.

July 14, 2012 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  62. Spoiler Alert

I thought Dick Tracy was the worlds greatest detective? Like a Dick Tracy blog.

July 14, 2012 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  63. Spoiler Alert

Like a moon landing blog.

July 14, 2012 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  64. Spoiler Alert

Like a female orgasm blog. Everyone knows that is a myth.

July 14, 2012 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  65. Spoiler Alert

Like a Bigfoot blog

July 14, 2012 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  66. Spoiler Alert

People that come on here to say I worked on the set or I know firsthand or I know an actor are not only liars, but horrible ones at that. Stfu and go somewhere else to tell stories where they will believe it, like a pro wrestling, jesus or santa blog. They're as real as you are.

July 14, 2012 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  67. Spoiler Alert

People that come on here to say I worked on the set or I know firsthand or I know an actor are not only liars, but horrible ones at that. Stfu and go somewhere else to tell stories where they will believe it, like a Harry Potter blog

July 14, 2012 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  68. Berber

The young cop dude joseph gordon is going to take the reigns. I'm barely a geek and even I know this. They will pull him in to the Justice League alongside Henry Cavill as Superman in an effort to do a repeat of the Avengers , DC style. Too bad it prob won't work.

July 14, 2012 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  69. Bucktooth

Letterman is an Idiot and he is not funny!! At all!!

July 13, 2012 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  70. WORK ETHIC

WHAT WORK ETHIC ... THERE OF F-CKING CNN ALL DAY?

July 13, 2012 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Bat-Bunnz

spoiler alert Bane is Luke's father

July 13, 2012 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Spoiler Alert

Talia stabs Batman shortly after he defeats Bane. Batman uses the Bat to take Bane's bomb away from Gotham and is apparently blown up when the bomb goes off. Bruce Wayne is officially declared dead. Blake finds the Batcave by going through the waterfall, suggesting he will be the new Batman. The movie ends with Alfred spotting Bruce Wayne and Selina in a Paris cafe.

July 13, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Franke Frunzi

Letterman, Leno, Batman in the end we all die. Hell, even Regis has retired. Obrien takes Lettermans place. oops! spoiler.

July 13, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Sokman

Spoiler alert: members of the Pittsburgh Steelers will play players of theGotham Rogues, including Big Ben, Hines Ward, & former coach Bill Cowher as team coach, & Pittsburghs mayor will be the place kicker for the opposing team

July 13, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  75. John Grater

Hmmm.... who's Batman?

July 13, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  76. NOTALLINVAIN

When someone has seen a movie or read the book BEFORE U HAVE!I'm just one of those people who would like to find out the ending the way u did....ON MY OWN!!! ENUFF SAID!!!!

July 13, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Sharon Mahart

Would have been nice if the article's author had the good sense warn ahead of blurting out the spoiler. In this regard, he's worse than Letterman!

July 13, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  78. davesink

Once again, The Onion has the real story:

July 13, 2012 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Drako

Bane kills Dumbledore!!

July 13, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Dr Tom

If we don't know if it was a spoiler or not then it wasn't. Duh!

July 13, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  81. David

How do people not know this, batman dies and bane is the one that kills him. Common knowledge, bane breaks batmans back.

July 13, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Zombie420

These new Batman movies have been nothing but Gotham City CSI! I'm just glad this is the last one! Bring on the reboot lets get it more like the comics or the 90's cartoon and have more action and less walking around an talking!

July 13, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • TheKillingWords

You DO realize Batman is a detective...right? Hence The World's Greatest Detective? Pick up a comic. CSI, (in general, not the show...oh hell, and the show), could learn a few things from him. I'm kinda bummed more of his intellect and cranial mastery wasn't used in the films.

July 13, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  83. John

Thanks for the note that you would be repeating the spoiler you ass. Really appreciate that.

July 13, 2012 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  84. tim

Letterman has become a boring jerk. Haven't watched him since his embarrassment at the Oscars.

July 13, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Badspot

Letterman is a m o r o n and has zero class. He should widen his tooth-gap, grow freckles and change his name to Mortimer Snerd.

July 13, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  86. The King

What, a Batman movie!!! I wonder if they asked Adam West to reprise his role or if they're going with someone else. I hope Bergis Meridith plays the Penguin, he was great!!

July 13, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Spoiler Alert...Donnie dies at the end of The Big Lebowski. "Phones ringin' dude." "Thank you Donnie."

July 13, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Bubba Rydel

Who still watches Letterman? He is not funny. His jokes are generally mean and cruel. He frequently racist against Mexicans and Mexican Americans. His long winded tirades about fatherhood are boring and not very humorous. Bill Cosby was much better at it ten twenty years ago. And on top of everything....he's a creep for taking advantage of you impressionable interns in the past. When Obama was running against Hilary for the Democratic nomination he hammered her everynight. Then he turned his attention to McCain. Now he's going after Romney everynight. He's a real jerk. I can't stand him.

July 13, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dude

LOL, wow get over it

July 13, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • MikeMazzla

He caters to a somewhat more intelligent eclectic audience...probably lost on someone named Bubba

July 13, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Al

He is rather full of himself. Arrogant, self-centered, duplicitous and a hipocrite – he fits well in Hollywood!

July 13, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • MERICA!!!

HAHA racist mexican jokes are the best. Most of the time if you just state a fact about a mexican, it comes out as a joke! How do you starve a mexican? You hide his food stamp card in his work shoes!!!

July 13, 2012 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Rich

Do the authors never watch/have no idea what type of comedy Dave practices? Or are they just hard up for headlines to draw clicks?

July 13, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  89. markiejoe

Oh please. Are you people naive or what? Letterman didn 't spoil anything. I thought that was ABUNDANTLY apparent during his interview with Hathaway. But I guess fools will believe anything.

July 13, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Jeff

Would you like to earn money and rewards online? Search on Google for 'Points2shop Jefmat' and you'll see my profile, my rewards, my full description. Yes, it is legit, give it a try for the Summer

July 13, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  91. j

Batman dies, I worked on the set....
    The sequel is his kid will take over

July 13, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  92. GrandmaAnne

Anne Hathaway, please put on a wig and your padded Cat Woman suit ASAP!
    You look like my emaciated grandma in this photo...

July 13, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • alexanderthoughts

A very twisted remark. All of this anger towards Anne Hathaway is very, deeply disturbing. I have been a fan of Batman since I was 4 years old and Christopher Nolan knows what he is doing. Hathaway is a very accomplished actress and has devoted herself to her craft...give her a chance. By the by, the way that some of the folks here talk, I am guessing that they are unavoidably single and will probably stay that way thinking about women the way they seem to.

July 15, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  93. American Mike

Ok, we get it. You get it!

July 13, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  94. TruthBeTold

What?! Did Letterman say that the movie sucks? We could already guess that much...

July 13, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikemazzla

You could guess that the movie sucks? Why because the last two were gigantic blockbusters and this will probably be the biggest movie of the year? You sound like some crotchety old complaining get off my lawn senior. Im sure there are some reruns of Matlock or Murder she Wrote on cable..if you have it. Get a clue

July 13, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikemazzla IS A MORON!

Are you serious right now? Just because a movie does good at the box office, does NOT mean that the movie is good! You're dumb!

July 13, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobbers602

Hell, look at "Patton". Great performance by Scott. Big box office. Mediocre movie, at best.

July 14, 2012 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  95. Billy

I'm guessing that Batman isn't dead at the end of the movie. If it plays true to the comic books Bane breaks Batman's back but doesn't kill him. If they play that card then they can spin into a new set of films in which Bruce Banner retires and brings on a protege to be the next Batman.

July 13, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joshua

Billy – You got your Bruce's mixed up. Bruce Banner was the Incredible Hulk. Bruce WAYNE is Batman. :)

July 13, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dude

If what you say is true then I hope he does die, lol! NO MORE LAME WHACK A$$ BATMAN MOVIES!!!!

July 13, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • R

Bruce Banner? Are you serious? Can you please never talk about comics again?

July 13, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • eee

...Except that Bruce Banner is the Hulk. ;P

July 13, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  96. anony

People who hate Letterman are either 70 year old Leno fans or dorks and dweebs with an IQ of 12.

July 13, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  97. The One Who Knows

This is not news. I already knew the ending to the Dark Knight Rises before it hit theatres, and not through the internet or magazine back story. I learned about it first hand, and surprise surprise, it's NO surprise. People need to relax, get over themselves, and go on with their nominal little lives.

July 13, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  98. sparks2000

Love Batman,but you have to admit--the whole voice change thing is pretty hilarious.He has a normal voice as Bruce Wayne--suddenly he puts on the Batman outfit and it sounds like he's been smoking for 20 years.Nice.....leave it to DC. ;)

July 13, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kal

I always thought Jack Palance! It really ruined it for me watching Christian Slater as Batman, I can't get past Jack Palance!

July 13, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • tman

or how about the superman disguise-clark kents glasses?that would probably fool a computer

July 13, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Grma7

Letterman is an idiot. He runs his mouth always thinking he's so funny. Can't stand the guy. Time for him to retire.

July 13, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Frankie

Ummm why dont you put spoiler alert on this post so you dont pull a letterman.

July 13, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Mike the American

Yes he did and in my America, he should be castigated for this or an imprisonment of sorts would do.

July 13, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  102. mrkeno

trust me letterman may portray himself as a buffoon but he is anything but
    thats his humor he didnt give up anything

July 13, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Bobbie

Nothing new here. Letterman is a complete idiot!!

July 13, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  104. harrisonhits2

Another Batman movie how boring. The story line just doesn't have enough depth to be done over and over and over again. Will certainly not waste my money on this one.

July 13, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike the American

Ok we get it. You hate batman.

July 13, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mitch

@harrisonhits2

"The story line just doesn't have enough depth to be done over and over and over again."

Tell that to the comic book fans who have been following Bruce's adventures for the past 72 years.

July 13, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Elan

I doubt he ruined the ending – I mean, that would be a very cliche way to end a series – but even if he did, it's really not that big of a deal. The point is to see how a story develops towards an ending, not just to be presented with an ending – I feel that the journey is the more important factor of a movie.

July 13, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Robin

Bain is the one that killed Batman in the comics, so it would only make sense.

July 13, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • aiglos

He didn't kill Batman. He broke his back during an altercation and left him for dead. Bruce was out of the game for a year and after a few twists and turns and two other characters assuming the mantle for a time, he returned - in full Bat glory - and took the mantle back and proceeded to disassemble BANE like he was born to do it...

July 13, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Bain does not kill Batman. He "breaks the bat." which I hope is the real ending. Given the promotional material and how close they have followed the story I give it a high chance.

July 13, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joshua

Robin – Bain did not KILL Batman in the comics. He DID break his back and put him out of comission,but he def did not kill him. In doing so Bruce Wayne found a replacement for himself as Batman.

July 13, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joshua

As a continuation about my ealier post. This could be a good thing that THIS Batman (BALE) gets broken and they cast a new person to play the new batman. I have never liked Bale. Such a pompous, arrogant tool. Im thinking since SPider Man used Tobey Mcguire, the New Batman could be ..say..Jim Parsons aka Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang Theory. *Bazinga!*

July 13, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike the American

Ok, ok, we get it. You are a comics guy.

July 13, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  107. TheBigSarge

really? and leterman thinks he's a professional? either way, i was going to wait until it hits netflix of the $5 bin at walmart.

-TheBigSarge

July 13, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  108. ScatWoman

Great, the worst actress in the film and the worst comic on late night TV have joined forces to ruin the greatest super hero film of all time. Only Batman can save us from the evil duo!

July 13, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  109. ellaejlt

David Letterman is a tool!

July 13, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Chad

Letterman just killed ticket sales for this one...what does he care, he sleeps on a pile of money!!!!

July 13, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  111. sam

Please let it be true. Can't stand anymore of Bale's ridiculous 'Batman voice'.

July 13, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dude

Right?!?! Batman is the lamest of the super heroes! I am only going to go see this one because Catwoman is my favorite!

July 13, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Etius57

I also heard that Batman dies in the end, no news here, it's time for him to go. Afterall, the actors who played him and either retired or dead also

July 13, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

Name one actor that played Batman who is dead or retired? Keaton, Clooney, Kilmer...all working. Even Adam West is still working.

July 13, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike the American

Why so serious Bill?

July 13, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Branden

I meant who cares if Batman dies, ya jacka$$! But thank YOU for taking the time out of YOUR day to respond! And again I say LOL!!!!!

July 13, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Branden

Who cares ANNNNNNNND who cares? lol

July 13, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |