'True Blood's' Stephen Moyer on Bill, Eric's sexual tension
July 12th, 2012

'True Blood's' Stephen Moyer on Bill, Eric's sexual tension

Stephen Moyer, who plays vampire Bill Compton on HBO’s “True Blood,” says he’ll occasionally bite his fans, but only when they ask him to.

“If the person looks clean and wholesome, I might oblige,” Moyer told The Advocate.

In the interview, which appears in the magazine’s August issue, the actor talks about “True Blood’s” dedicated LGBT fan base and the sexual tension between his character and Eric, played by Alexander Skarsgård.

When asked if Bill and Eric would ever be intimate, Moyer said, “Alex and I would absolutely embrace that. Last year, when Sookie had her fantasy about the two of them with her, we even suggested it.”

Of course, as we reported in 2010, Skarsgård declines to cover his goods with a modesty sock while filming the series, now in its fifth season. But Moyer, who opts to don the sock, says he doesn’t mind.

“We all know each other really well, and it’s not that I care about what the actors think, but I don’t think the crew necessarily needs to see my bits,” he said.

One costar Moyer knows extremely well is wife Anna Paquin, who plays Sookie on the vampire drama. The pair are currently expecting twins, according to US Weekly.

As to whether or not “True Blood’s” broad sexuality alienates some viewers, Moyer says, “We live in a very different world than we grew up in, so if people can’t embrace that aspect of our show, then that’s a shame.”

See the full interview here.

Filed under: television • True Blood

1. Felix Thomas Clauss

I am well.

July 15, 2012 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. duh

I think twilight pretty much erased all doubt about the fact that vampires are sword swallowers (or i guess it would be "stake pounders"

July 13, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. The Real Red Foreman

What's with all the g ay sh it? Those da mn qu eers are everywhere!! Enough is enough. Get back in the closet where you belong!

July 13, 2012 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Dude

Maybe YOU should crawl back to the nasty trailer park trash YOU came out of! The world needs to see alot less of people like you!

July 13, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. great advertising

Fantastic put up, very informative. I'm wondering why the other experts of this sector don't understand this. You should proceed your writing. I'm sure, you've a great readers' base already!|What's Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I've discovered It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & help different users like its aided me. Good job.

July 13, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. rita eads

On May 11, 2012, 'Awake' was prematurely cancelled by NBC. 'Awake' was as close to the perfect TV show as I've seen in a long time. Shows like this don't come around often, and it would be a devastating loss to see it go. Please take a few seconds of your time to help give 'Awake' the second chance it deserves.
    'Like' us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/​SaveAwakeOfficial

July 12, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Branden

Lol been waiting to see if Bill and Eric get it on! I love how all the vamps are bi!

July 12, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |