'Fifty Shades' movie finds producers
July 10th, 2012

'Fifty Shades' movie finds producers

The movie version of "Fifty Shades of Grey" now has a production team attached.

Photos: Casting 'Fifty Shades of Grey'

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the same folks who manned the Oscar-winning film “The Social Network” will now produce the highly anticipated adaptation of E.L. James’ best-selling book.

THR reports that James handpicked respected producers Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti.

They’ll reportedly pair up with Universal Pictures and Focus Features to bring James' outrageously popular story to the big screen.

"At its core, 'Fifty Shades of Grey' is a complex love story, requiring a delicate and sophisticated hand to bring it to the big screen," Universal co-chairman Donna Langley announced of the impending project. The studio snagged the rights to the books for $5 million back in March.

"Mike and Dana's credits more than exemplify what we need in creative partners," Langley continued, "and we're glad to have them as part of our team."

Still no word on a director, although several big names have been floated for the film in the press, including Angelina Jolie's. That rumor, however, turned out to be a hoax.

1. vivvieleigh

Thure Lindhardt would be an AMAZING Christian Grey. He was smoking hot as Flammen in Flame and Citron....if you haven't checked out the movie you really should :)

November 21, 2012 at 6:37 am | Report abuse |
  2. maria

Only Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Christian Grey

August 1, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. NoDoubt

The books are so poorly written, but because desperate housefraus who probably never read anything racy in their lives ADORE it, its now making money. It doesn't make me mad that its about S&M. What makes me mad is that the writer doesn't know how to write yet she's making bank. All started with fanfic for Twilight. I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE.

July 27, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Debbie

I have read all these suggestions but no-one has picked anyone with the same colour hair as Christian. His hair is copper colour and all the suggestions are for some-one with darker hair!!!!

July 25, 2012 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Maryscarey

you didn't seriously just type that did you? Have you never heard of hair dye??? Seriously??

August 5, 2012 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  5. xfiler93

feminists everywhere are outraged by the book that has a story of women being dominated by men and the S&M!! LOL

July 18, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. dana

Even though there are alot of beautiful actors that can play Chrisitan Grey my pick is Matt Bomer. He has the eyes, hair & j

July 16, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  7. qele

I would love to see William Levy in remake of James Garner, Doris Day flick where she was lost on a desert island for 2 years and comes back just in time before he can remarry and it would be hilarious with William Levy playing James Garners old part and Catherine Heigl, Doris Days old part. It would work and be a perfect remake of a classic romantic comedy. A lot of fun, a happy ending and lighthearted laughs. I don't quite see or maybe don't want to see William Levy as this Christian Grey, sounds like a remake of Dorian Grey. No but he could do it. He has that hint of a dark scorpion quality under the surface where he's just a little tired of being so good all the damn time. He could pull off a lot of roles. I love his smile.

July 13, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. kris

I think Matt Bomer and mila kunis with be the PERFECT Christian and Anastasia. I really hope our opinions are heard. Really hope they dont do cast Ian Somerhalder cause he is NOT cute at all.

July 13, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Heidi

James Franco and mila kunis....perfect for fifty and anastasia

July 11, 2012 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Damian

Casting will be tricky for this one. A comic on the subject: http://www.cinemabums.com/?p=389

July 11, 2012 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Michael Caliazzo

We need to stay on point.

July 11, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  12. Forrza

Ian Somerhalder is my top choice for Christian Grey, but I think Matt Bomer would do well also. I know he's older but did any of you consider Collin Farrel. Ana is tough to cast. I read a few actresses would be interested including Kristen Stewart but I don't see her in the role, whom I do see and I believe CNN had an article on a wish casting would be (I'm sorry I can't remember her name) but one of the girls from the cast of Pretty Little Liars although I personally think she might be a little to young? In any case looking forward to this movie being made :-)

July 11, 2012 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  13. B.K.M.

You perverts never cease to amaze me,who cares what immoral actors are going to be in this sick movie.The book and the film should be banned,you people kill me coming on these blogs with "Kastrashian"this "Beiber"and n*gga rapper that.Then you act as if this crap is art.It's sick filth,this country is so messed up.You pervs have your fun now...25% of the nation was at 1OO degrees in June,what next massive floods and then a record breaking snowy bone freezing winter?Yes these are great signs.I'm ready for my G od to come back are you.

July 11, 2012 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  14. starhollowaygibbs

Am I the only one who pictured Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Christian?

July 11, 2012 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  15. Vickie

Matt Bomer is gay, and I don't think I could get past that. Ian Somerhalder is my pick.

July 10, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Angel*

Would LOVE to see Ian Somerhalder as Christian!!!! I read the book and pictured him as Christian the whole way through.

July 10, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Karen

Jessie Palveka IS Christian Grey.......end of story

July 10, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jack

Need to have it produced by Vivid in L.A., starring Lilo & James Dean.

July 10, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • kris

HELL TO THE NO FOR Lilo & James Dean. they are so not attractive at all and lilo cant act to save her life Im sorry but lilo needs to retire.

July 11, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Marjorie

Matt Bomer is the PERFECT CHRISTIAN GREY!!!!!

July 10, 2012 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  20. keegan

She is a new Black Actress name Victoria Roseberry
    you really should put her in the movie, she lives in Harrisburg, Pa

July 10, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Kris

I think Matt Bomer should be christian Grey there is something about his eyes but I am not sure about the actress who would be good for the part of ana but when I read the books I pictured him also on another note I really hope since this book is written into three parts that the producers to split the movies up I hope its all one movie But I am excited to see the movie I just hope they represent to book well and not change to much

July 10, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Angie A

Ian Somerhalder is the perfect Christian Grey!...read all 3 books and they fit his personality to a "T".

July 10, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Diana

@Angie A I agree 100% Ian Somerhalder IS Christian Grey no doubt about it. I really want to see him as Christian on the big screen. While I was reading the trilogy he is who I saw. My vision of Ana changes and isn't very clear in my mind but Christian has always been Ian Somerhalder to me.

July 10, 2012 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Nancy

William Levy would make the perfect Christian!

July 10, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Nancy

By your comment, I'm assuming that you read the book. What did you think? Worth the read?

July 10, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  24. e

takenbysir.wordpress.com
    what reall dd is all about.

July 10, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |