Emily makes a difficult cut on 'The Bachelorette'
July 10th, 2012

Emily makes a difficult cut on 'The Bachelorette'

On Monday, "The Bachelorette" welcomed us to Curacao and the banana-colored hotel Emily was staying in, which for some reason she was really excited to plug.

Em couldn't believe that "three of the greatest guys she's ever met" were going to be with her this week. But enough about Chris Harrison and two random crew members...

Emily gave us a recap of the three remaining suitors, which renewed a question I've been asking since the show started. What happened to the skateboard Jef tossed into the shrubbery back in Charlotte? Was he ticketed for littering?

Sean popped up after the break, wearing a blue top with pink shorts. Not exactly the combo I'd be going with at this stage in the game.

Anyway, Sean and Emily boarded a helicopter to take a look at what Curacao is famous for - water. Lots and lots of water. I might've needed a bathroom break after watching that segment.

Sean spent the rest of the day imagining what it'd be like to spend his life with Emily, but he struggled to declare his love for her. Finally, after reading a mushy letter to her daughter, Sean admitted to Emily that he's smitten.

Emily was so happy to hear of this development, she presented Sean with a letter from Chris Harrison, offering the lovey-doveys a chance to spend the night in the "fantasy suite." They obliged, but Sean left for his own hotel room after just a few hours.  Emily said she wants to set a good example for her daughter, so she nixed "overnight dates" in the fantasy suite.

The next day, Jef with one "f" met up with Emily, and they took a boat to look at more water. After some smooching, the happy couple opted to get in - and Jef's Vanilla Ice-esque hair barely moved an inch after his swims.

Later that night, Jef asked Emily where she wanted to live if they stayed together. Interestingly, Emily said she wanted to start a "whole new life" somewhere else. Didn't she hesitate about starting a "whole new life" with Brad Womack in Texas back in the day?

But Emily said that Jef makes her laugh, smile and feel confident about herself. (Maybe he's a stand-up comic behind the scenes?) When Jef asked if he's good fatherhood material, Emily said he'd be "perfect," and also gave him the Chris Harrison letter. Like Sean, Jef only stayed in the fantasy suite for a few hours before departing.

Arie had the show's final date, and he and Emily went swimming with dolphins. Arie happened to mention that he's never felt this way with any other woman before, which that one "Bachelorette" producer must have been really thrilled to hear.

Later that night, Emily asked Arie about what he does on a daily basis. Based on how Arie described it, he races, goes to "the shop" (whatever that is), gets up late and goes out every single night. In other words, he's basically the world's oldest college freshman.

But Emily didn't seem to mind Arie's frat-boy lifestyle, proclaiming that she would move to Arizona for him. I wonder what makes Arizona better than, say, Texas?

Emily didn't even offer Arie the fantasy suite option, essentially suggesting that the race car driver is, uh, "too tempting." So if the fantasy suite isn't offered, do crew members draw straws to see who gets to use it? And do they bill Chris Harrison for room service?

Speaking of Chris, he's embracing his new bachelor lifestyle by showing up in public sans wedding ring and tucked dress shirt. Last night, Chris delivered the news that the three suitors had made videos to show Emily before the ceremony. The videos, unfortunately, looked more like real estate pitch films than actual messages of love. After watching them, I was moved to buy a tract of land in Curacao.

In the end, Emily chose to keep Jef and Arie for the finale, awarding Sean the shameful bronze. I blame Sean's rose ceremony fashion faux pas for his demise. Jef had the decency to wear a tie, and both he and Arie tucked in their shirts. Sean's decision to go the Chris Harrison route with his shirt was doomed to failure.

Speaking of fashion, Emily's choice of skirt for the rose ceremony was beyond hideous. If I had two words to describe that ensemble, it would be "bedazzled mermaid."

Next week, it's the annual "Men Tell All" episode, where the rejected suitors take aim at anything and everything about the season.

What did you think of last night's "Bachelorette" episode?

1. justsaying

Emily appears to be "lady like", but have you seen all the times she was caught cursing? I think she has a "hot temper" too, saw how she talked to one of the guys, and in the show "Men Tell All", she showed her temper again. Chris showed the bloopers and she was caught constantly cursing. I know many people curse, but I believe Emily is not really showing really who she is. Is like when the cameras go on, she is like acting and not really being herself.

July 19, 2012 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  2. confused

If Emily is worth millions, she is financially well off, so what is she doing in a show to help her find her husband?
    i'm sure she is able to travel and knows lots of people. People with lots of money are sociable and are always in events, so why does she need to come to a TV show to find love?

July 17, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mike

Loved the hotel and the cool looking town in Curacao. I have to visit this place: http://besttravelcoupon.com/blog/bachelorette-hotel-curacao/

Mike
    BestTravelCoupon.com

July 16, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dave

Who cares, what a waste of TV air time.

July 16, 2012 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  5. Ginger

She is a self-serving egomaniac. I hope I don't have to endure her in the news ad-nauseaum, going forward.

July 15, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. spencer

Why not put Trista & Ryan in charge of this program? They are the only ones who have REALLY worked out. Not just another pretty face – decent, moral, hard working people. So much for being an incurable romantic!

July 14, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. geeky

I think Sean is one of those repressed ex-gay christian men. I have known some of those, and he's got all the signs. No girl is "good enough", he's "selective", and his kissing technique with all the tongue seemed awfully forced to me.

July 13, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • h.t

totally agree, my husband and I were watching the show and I said he is gay but does not know it and my husband said that is exactly what he was thinking.

July 14, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Justsaying

I have a feeling she is going to pick Jef. She should have kept Sean and forget the others.
    I think she likes Jef because he is rich, all that land. He reminded me of DALLAS, lol

July 13, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Doug

Let's face it at this point Emily should be trying to date Drew Brees since he has 100 million ....no one else will measure up. She is looking for a person that does not exist...Oh sorry David Beckham does exist? She is so phony and is more high maintenance than Kim Kardashian. She will marry someone for less than 72 minutes...at least Kim K. married for 72 days. On another note what is Kayne West thinking dating Kim K.??????????? This world is so ridiculous. Pretty soo Tebow will be dating Bruce Jenner? I would not be suprised at all.

July 13, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. can'tbelieveit

THAT'S WHAT EMILY SAID, THAT SHE LIKES JEF BECAUSE "HE MAKES ME LAUGH" really?

July 13, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  10. can'tbelieveit

"JEF MAKES ME LAUGH' ????? really?

July 13, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  11. Sarah

Someone here said that maybe she let go of Sean because he didn't tell her he loved her..... but he did!
    He also ran after the car calling her, he wanted to hug and kiss her again. His family was great, the only "normal" family visit. With Jef, his parents were not there, doing "charity work" ? And Ari, his mother and father talking in their language, while Emily sat there looking lost. Sean's family were very nice to her, down to earth. She did exatly what she said she didn't want to do, send the wrong guy home.

July 13, 2012 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  12. Sheila

Emily Maynard's net worth is around 5 million dollars. She is well taken care of since Ricky Hendrick's death. She is the least selfish person that they've had on this show. I am very happy for her, Jef and Little Ricky!

July 12, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

We know Emily is well off, rich, however, "money looks for money". More so, she is going for someone financially set.
      She (and Ricky) are used to a life style, and I don't think she is giving that up for any man.

July 13, 2012 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • lexicondevil

LOL – You honestly think that matters? Do you know what having money does? It makes you want MORE MONEY.

And I realize that 5 million dollars may seem like a lot of money to you...but to those used to living a pampered lifestyle (Especially w/kids.), it really isn't all that much, and could disappear rather quickly.

Now, I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger...

July 13, 2012 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Producer

LOL. she is the most superficial person on the show to date. The final two should run for their life. Imgaine life with her after the cameras and spotlight have faded away.

July 16, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. cyndi

Sean was it – too bad – nice guys finish last – he doesnt make enough money for her, she's a brat; I think she will dump Jef and she and Chris will marry (give Jef and Emily about 6 months); Chris will leave the show for Emily; then the show goes off the air or they get a new host.

July 12, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  14. betty

so obvious that she wanted a rich one. so now its down to the KID or the playboy. tean sean all the way. glad for his sake she did not choose him, he's too good for her

July 12, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Julie

She's a fool for letting Sean go-he was the best. She'll probably end up with no one.

July 12, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jackie Benjamin

Have to agree with you Sean is so grounded and knows what he whats apparently she doesn't realise that actions speak louder than words, thats the way Sean was, not because he didn't say 'I love you' she thought he didn't. Sean so reminded me of JP, he has a good head on his shoulders.

July 12, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • h.t.

I think she knew he was gay

July 14, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  16. irish67

It seems yo me she gave the wrong guy the boot. I think she chose to let him go though because the other two were much more open about what they wanted...they both also spoke with her about the future...something Sean never did. I'm not saying I agree with her decision...but in some aspects I can u.derstand it.

July 12, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • tendertype

Sean was the best choice...she dumped him because he's an insurance agent. Emily, bless her heart, wants the money and fame and both man child and speed racer can give her that.

July 12, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mukazzi

I always believed that Ari is more of a connection to her child's father than to properly considered as a "best friend", husband, and parent. Jef is young (looking), and his family ties should be of a concern for Emily; not because of his Mormon background, but due to Emily's real purpose of being on the show. It's not surprising for strong-knit families to 'vote' yea or nay on a child's potential spouse. As Emily so aptly put it (and it was quite telling about her personality and inexperience in life), "Ari could 'get her into trouble' and Jef could 'get her out of trouble." She's not ready to be a wife, and I think that is going to be the 'shocker' -though I do believe I heard this was the case before this season began. She did Sean a big favor- he doesn't need to feel that he could be raising two children....

July 12, 2012 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  18. Sarah

Did anyone hear in the TV news that there is going to be a surprise. Emily ends up with Chris, the show host?
    I don't know how true that is, but I did hear it a couple of times. Chris and his wife are getting a divorce and they heard him saying that Emily is the most beautiful woman he has seen. They also said they were caught even kissing????
    Remember the show was filmed months ago. I did see Sean in a show a couple of days saying that he is doing just fine and is over Emily, he even said "I know Emily is not the one for me"! Let's see

July 12, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
    • LucyRicardo

Sarah, it's funny you should say that because I was thinking that could be the surprise - without even hearing the rumor about Chris Harrison and Emily. I always thought that they had a pretty close connection and he looked a bit sweet on her - and then, of course, he's getting a divorce. But then you never know how much of the show is real and how much is made up for ratings.

July 12, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Catchme

Emily is after money that's the only reason that a woman that continues to follow up with going on a show to find a husband is for money because their has to be men in Charlotte, NC. She already knows that it's not going to work. Jef Holm is still in his young life and trying to decide what he wants to do with it. In my mind I don't really think she's looking for a husband and it will show at the end.
    Money is always the source to everything no matter what people may think it pays the bills and keep you at the status of life that she is use to.
    If you think about it. These shows usually make you known to society basically as a celebrity, the celebrity that if you had not been on this reality show you wouldn't be known of otherwise.

July 12, 2012 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
    • tendertype

I live in Charlotte, there are no decent men over 35 that don't need therapy.

July 12, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Patty

Sean appears the best choice if Emily wants a good down-to-earth young man. I think he was a little shy but who wouldn't be with cameras filming constantly. His parents were nice and so was their home, and I suspect he was brought up properly. Sean was billed as an insurance agent. Who knows-he may own the company!! Everything is big in Texas!!

July 11, 2012 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  21. hengameh

this is a joke!!!! i hated , i waste my time but she so far picked the rich one's but will not choose any of those either. She got free publicity and most likely already have someone out of the show . I feel sorry for the child who has no control over her mother decision to be part of the show. It is pretty irresponsible of her If she want to find a "good father and husband" she can does not need to go on TV . Of course all about money.....

July 11, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Kathy

Emily got rid of the wrong person when she let Sean go. I feel bad for her. She is a very young woman raising a child by herself and yet she needs someone to make her feel o.k. I hope she does not end up with Mr. Jef; something is just not clicking with him and then we have Ari. When his family spoke in their language and he told her they were talking about her, I would have booted him off that evening. I wish her the best

July 11, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Patty

Emily is a fake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If i were a guy, all I would think about is HIGH mantienance. I was so dissappointed they picked her to be on the show, I bet she wont pick anyone at the end.

July 11, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Catchme

I agree Emily maybea nice girl, but she is a fake girl. She doesn't same to know what she wants to me, and you do surround your life around your child but you are not going to surround your personal life. From my point of view; she made a total mass out of Monday nights show with the three guys and she also look and speak like she is totally confused about what she wants which makes since,but it sames as if she wants her cake and eat to, but she wants to be with Arie L. when you have that much attraction to a person the way she has to this man than she needs to be her last choice but from my understanding she makes her last choice Jef Holm.

July 12, 2012 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  24. marie

My opinion is that all three are bad choices for "husband-father" selection. Arie is in the "fast" lane and probably doesn't want to be slowed down by a young child, but would just like a fling with Emily. Jef is "strange". What a family that is away doing charity work instead of meeting their future daughter-in-law. And Sean really couldn't make up his mind how be felt about the relationship with Emily. He also needs a lesson in "dress" attire. Hey, lets start this show over with middle age adults and let the fun begin! YES!

July 11, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • aliflo

I read "charity work" to mean Mormon mission.

July 11, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • you got that right

I think a show with middle aged adults would be more interesting then these self absorbed pups

July 14, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Michael Calaizzo

She is some kind of woman.

July 11, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  26. lana24820

She made the wrong choice! It appears to me that she is after a husband with money despite what she says about following her heart. Sean is a decent guy with a wonderfully welcoming family, yet she chose the guys with familes where the parents speak Dutch rather than include her in the conversation, and where the parent just do not show up at all because they are doing "charity work in Florida". Why not go to Florida and highlight the charity? Hmmm... Something is rotten!!!

July 11, 2012 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  27. SeanFan

She should of kept Sean. I was really surprised that she didn't choose him. I've only watched the last few episodes, but I liked him far above the rest!

July 11, 2012 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  28. Me

Ari is a Racing car driver, seems financial set.
    Jef is young but an entrepreneur, very financially set.
    Sean, an insurance agent.
    Just saying!

July 11, 2012 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Kristin

My thoughts, exactly. Told my husband before the show started that night that if she is out for money, Sean will be gone that night. Sean seemed great...

July 11, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Sarah

I can't believe she let Sean go!!! I used to like Ari at first, but if you noticed what happened at his family visit, that was strange and not polite. Ari's mother started to talk to Ari in her language and then the father joined in the conversation. Emily was just sitting there not participating in the conversation. Ari was also speaking in his language. I thought that was rude and not proper. To me that's a red flag. Ari's mother took over the visit and of course, as a mature woman, she had to know that Emily felt uncomfortable. Ari told Emily his mother was talking about her, if he really liked her, really???? She should have had that conversation in private with Ari. I would not pick him/mother/father!

July 11, 2012 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Melanie

"SARAH" is absolutely right in every word she wrote. I married a Dutch guy and his family was just like Ari's. (It's a Dutch thing.) If Emily does choose him....it WILL NOT LAST!!! They will exclude her constantly as they did in the conversation on the show. They have very little manners when it comes to including people in their "Dutch" conversations and they don't care how it makes people feel. Daughter-in-law or not!!! AND Ari will ALWAYS choose to side with his parents and put them before Emily!!
      RUN EMILY RUN!!!!! FAR AWAY FROM ARI........

July 11, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  30. MARCY

what a sad state of affairs..To drop Sean who s family mirrored Emily and her daughter and who would have made an amazingly husband and lover for the rest of her life and pick one who looks like her little brother and the other one a high risk is beyond my understanding.. Me thinks she is immature tho she looks older than the guys.

July 11, 2012 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  31. Debbie

I think Sean was the best choice for Emily !!!

July 10, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Jayla

Real people are still watching this show? Ahahahahahahah.....

July 10, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  33. me

Which remaining bachelor has the most net worth?

July 10, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Desert Rose

I do not get the draw to Jef! He looks like the 17 year old skateboarding dude down my street, I mean seriously? I admit, he does seem earnest in what he says, maybe because he's inexperienced, which makes me wonder...... Anyway, it's clear she has had it bad for Arie & I say she should just go for it. They have such chemistry & he's had a long term relationship with a woman with children before, which is a huge plus. Team Arie here!

July 10, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dr B

Sorry, Ari is not that great to look at, poor conversationalist, all he wants is a few romps and
      it's done. He has no substance. Jef is self-assured, intelligent and not boring like Ari. Sorry, Ari
      will not win this thing......I can guarantee this !!

July 10, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  35. MiMo

@Linda – you took the words right out of my mouth. I agree with you 100%.

July 10, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  36. Valerie

I read somewhere that Jef wanted to be pursued from her as well so he "played" the guy who is shy and not so interested at first then slowly reeled her in. So I believe Jef is a big player and in the end Emily loses out and realizes she never should of picked him.

July 10, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  37. Sokman

Being a Mormon is not good? What are you going to do when a Mormon is sworn in as President in January?

July 10, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Uh

I'd laugh hysterically, cause it ain't never gonna happen. Yeah, I'd even take odds on that bet!

July 10, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Dr B

Mitt Romney will not be sworn in as president this coming January because history
      shows that when times are tough, people vote for social benefits and social
      programs.

July 10, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • AnnieGirl

Will he be wearing magic underwear when sworn in? If so, I'm in.

July 11, 2012 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
    • PJ

I'm with "UH." Ain't gonna happen!

July 13, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  38. ME

Emily made the biggest mistake.... Sean was the best. Now she has to choose between kido and liar.

July 10, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  39. LInda

I think Emily made a mistake letting Sean go -He is the one and she fits right in with his family,and I believe she thinks so too. Now that Sean is not there –she is still thinking about him all the time.
    I think Arie is a nice guy but i would not like his mother being my mother-in-law and Emily looked uncomfortable around them.
    Jeff is a baby,and i bet a Mormon–not good.

July 10, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Dr B

Being a Mormon is irrelevant to anyone who believes
      in God. Because there is no proof God even exists at all
      except in the minds of those who choose to have faith
      in the supernatural. So whether you believe in a Red Santa or
      Blue Santa...it's all fiction anyway.

July 10, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |