Report: Adam Lambert in consideration to be 'Idol' judge?
July 9th, 2012

Report: Adam Lambert in consideration to be 'Idol' judge?

While Jennifer Lopez's future with "American Idol" appears to still be up in the air, Fox is said to be considering other famous names for the judging panel.

E! News reports that Fox is eyeing "Idol" alum Adam Lambert as a potential new judge on the reality singing competition, which just completed its 11th season.

"They have been talking about Adam for over a month," an anonymous source tells E!. "He personifies the show, and will be a popular choice right from the start."

For his part, Lambert tells CNN that "'Idol' has an amazing history of introducing great musical talent, and I was very fortunate to have had the 'Idol' stage play a big part in my career. IF 'Idol' wants to talk to me about Judging, I'd be more than flattered to have that conversation."

It seems Lambert's previous journey through the "Idol" process in season 8 would give him an advantage, says E!'s source. "He knows what it's like to be on the receiving end of the judges' comments," the source said. "He has a human touch, and they know they can't go wrong if they bring him on. He would be able to bring a unique perspective to the show. People love him."

Lopez told Ellen DeGeneres in May that she didn't know if she'd return to "Idol," and further explained on her Twitter account that "There is no truth to reports that say I am definitely leaving Idol. All I said was I haven't decided what I am doing next year."

According to E!, there's a chance the judging panel as a whole could see some changes - it's rumored that Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler's positions as "Idol" judges are up in the air as well.

1. Andre Shehee

Younger lambs are smaller and more tender. Mutton is meat from a sheep over two years old, and has less tender flesh. In general, the darker the colour, the older the animal. Baby lamb meat will be pale pink, while regular lamb is pinkish-red.^`-..

http://www.picturesofherpes.coRemember to look out for our internet page

May 24, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kris

Adam probably feels lucky he is getting any attention right now from this- God knows that terrible selling album and two flop singles didn't get him any. He said he would jump at the chance to be a judge- of course, he would, he knows the label is not going to keep him after he releases flop after flop single. I would rather Clay be on the panel, Adam has no integrity. All over twitter, his overweight over 50 female fans (the only kind he has) are spending god knows how much money trying to gift that horrible single of his to people so it will rise on UK Itunes. That he lets obviously mentally ill people empty their bank accounts for him is a terrible sign of character. He's no role model.

July 26, 2012 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Carol

I can think of a lot of talented singers that are much more qualified to be an Idol judge other than Adam Lambert and I will not watch if he is a judge.

July 21, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. justme

I stopped watching American Idol whe Ruben beat Clay.

July 17, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Kareen

At least Adam would be a judge who is talented and gives honest opinions.

July 16, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Name*Ashley cross

I think Adam Lambert is going to be a awesome American Idol judge. He's really good with his music. I love him, he's sweet, funny.

July 15, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Name*Ashley crosd

I think Adam Lambert would a awesome judge on American Idol. He's really good with music.

July 15, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mona

G A Y is not an offensive word...so to those whose purpose was to insult him...that is ignorance...bigot.

July 14, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mona

To those who added gay to Adam's description and characteristics....bigot....yes he is and proud of it.
    we all know that.You think that is offensive? you are ignorant.

July 14, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Carolyn

WELL...........IF IDOL GETS ADAM LAMBERT TO TO A JUDGE...................THEN I W-I-L-L N-O-T BE WATCHING THE SHOW!!!!!! THAT'S A FACT!!
    I SAID I WOULDN'T WATCH THE SHOW AFTER THEY LET PAULA WALK AWAY AND THE YEAR ELLEN WAS A JUDGE, AND I DIDN'T!! I ONLY STARTED WATCHING WHEN JENNIFER WAS BROUGHT ON THE SHOW.
    IF RANDY LEAVES THE SHOW TOO, THEN I ONLY FEAR WHAT IDOL PRODUCERS WILL PANIC AND CHOOSE FOR JUDGES!
    IDOL NEEDS TO RETHINK THEIR STRATEGY IF THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE PLANNING.........THE JUDGES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MATURE, RESPONSIBLE TALENTED PEOPLE WHO ARE RESPECTED IN THEIR MUSIC BUSINESS. THAT'S WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AND SORRY IF I OFFEND ANYONE!

July 14, 2012 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Mona

obviously you don't like Adam, but why are you on this site?To stir trouble...isn't it....get a life somewhere else.

July 14, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kareen

ldol losing you as a viewer would not be a great loss.

July 16, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Leroy

The show seriously sucks alreaady anyhow. Why not let a completely talentless nitwit like Lambert be a judge. The contestants that end up at the finale for the past couple of seasons have been a complete joke anyhow. People stupid enough to continue to buy and listen to this garbage Idol is selling need to get a life!

July 13, 2012 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jacks

Lamberts not qualified. I couldn't name one of his songs and he's not been in the business long enough to earn everyones respect. they should just shut down all these kereoke shows. We need peoople with real talent. There's been a few from Idol but not many.

July 13, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ndjr

Lambert has not earned the right as of yet to be considered an expert. Certainly not enough of an expert to critique others. Idol needs less of the "stars" and more industry experts to make the judging believable.

July 13, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Gordon

Why would an up and coming performer stall his career to do idol? The only thing good about that would be the money.

July 13, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Matt

What a gross thought ... how is he, ... really, I think everyone is getting sick of idol!

July 11, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  16. CC7

I think John is a closetted gay and is angry at Adam because he feels attracted to him!

July 11, 2012 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  17. Sam

Oh my God – Adam Lambert as a judge!!! What a FANTASTIC idea! That would be the year I would watch every single show!

July 11, 2012 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  18. ginger

Idol is on the wane. I won't watch it ever again after the prize went to another mediocre singer that the girls giggle over.

July 11, 2012 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  19. slobberbust

How can someone that can't sing or have any talent but screaming be a judge.

July 10, 2012 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kim

Maye you should watch some videos showing Aam's performances with queen before you comment that he can't sing

July 15, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Minci

this is a wonderful idea! Adam will be a great judge for the show. He's hot, talented, a amazing performer and ofc he'll give the contestants all the useful advises they need !!! I'd love to see him on my TV every week!! AI will be HOTTER than EVER!!

July 10, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Tully

I love Adam Lambert, the artist, the greatest young singer and performer of our time. I have high hopes for him not only to succeed in his career but also to become rightfully iconic in his later years. For that he needs to hone in and stay true to his craft. As much as I enjoy seeing him on stage, I wouldn't want to watch him twice a week sitting as a judge on a TV show that is getting old and tired. Adam Lambert playing with Queen is so right that it's a true blessing.

July 10, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ceci

I agree with Tully. It would be great for me to watch, but not great for Adam's career. He doesn't need it, and it would be a step back and down for him. America hasn't gotten it right since Carrie Underwood or maybe Jordin Sparks). Why would Adam hang his hat on a loser show when he'd have nothing to gain from it?

July 13, 2012 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Joe

That's super gay...

July 10, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  23. FurElise

One zero talent judging more zero talent. Priceless.

July 10, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  24. jennygirl

goodbye jennifer lopez. american idol brought you back from obscurity, and after you leave, you'll go back from whence you came.

July 10, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Wonder Woman

II watched this show the last two seasons because Steven Tyler was on it and out of hope for the music industries future. The show is dangerously close to bad karaoke night.

July 10, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Hello there

Wow, with out the makeup and silly haircut, he looks fantastic in a suit.

July 10, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Lydia

I haven't watched Idol in years because it got boring. I would tune back in if Adam was a judge.

July 10, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  28. Jan

Adam should have won Idol. American Idol is so political.

July 10, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • be quiet

I wouldn't say it's political, I'd say it's more about who hormonal teenage girls vote for.

It's not about being the best singer, it's about being the cutest boy. Kris Allen beat Adam Lambert, Lee DeWyze beat Crystal Bowersox, Scotty McCreery beat that Alaina or whatever her name is...and now Phillip Phillips won.

With the exception of a few like Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson, the cute guy always wins.

July 10, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  29. WHO CARES ABOUT THESE SHOWS....

THESE STARS ARE MAKING MILLIONS AND YOU GUYS ARE SITTING THERE ALL DAY LONG WATCHING THESE SHOWS, GIVING THEM THE RATINGS SO THEY DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK......GO TO THE LIBRARY AND LEARN SOMETHING.

July 10, 2012 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  30. kay

They do this every year. It's just a play for publicity and more money.

All three of the judges will be back.

July 10, 2012 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  31. karma

If Steven Tyler doesn't return to the show I can see Adam Lambert taking over his spot but if JLo leaves no because they need an actual girl to balance out the show.

July 9, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Glambert

@John, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

July 9, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Londr

I do not care for Adam....He is too campy. I doubt they would pick him but if they do it is because they have money in his career and it is to recoup losses or something. Anything to recoup $$$ on his latest CD. He squicks me out big time.

July 9, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  34. thisisourturn

Maybe it will help this clown sell some records. His sales of this recent album has been pretty pathetic. I will be sure NOT to watch.

July 9, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Betty

John, you are so completely and utterly wrong and mis-informed..Adam is all that and a bag of chips..best voice in the industry, best looking..gee I could go on..but his legions of fans know what I mean...you need to go and critisize the likes of Bieber, who really cannot sing and has all the personality of a flake of dandruff, and lately has done some pretty stupid things..btw, people will be singing Adam's praises for the rest of his life..

July 9, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  36. gabby

Want to go to a JLo/Enrique Iglesias show?

Enter a giveaway for free tickets here: http://bit.ly/eijlowin

Spread the word and good luck! ♥ :)

July 9, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Fran

Adam Lambert is talented, insightful, and generous.

July 9, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fran

...and gay.

July 9, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Adanpm Rocks

Adam is very talented. One of the best Idol has ever produced! I would be so tempted to watch for him! Jlo and Steven brought something to the show, but it"s time for a change. Adam ROCKS!!

July 9, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Louise

Yes, Adam is all of those and more. I would so be watching for him.

July 9, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Cynthia

Methinks John is a bit pouty because his woman has an Adam tile on her phone!!

July 9, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Starr

If you dont like Adam, just say you dont like him. There is no need for name calling. He hasn't done anything wrong to you.

July 9, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  40. bobcat

I think he is totally s e x y and would make a great judge! I'd let him judge my massive man-meat ANY day!

July 9, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  41. murpis

I like him but I don't think he's experienced enough to be a judge. He didn't really have a lot of success after Idol either.

July 9, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lilli

..... Um sure. A world wide tour that was 93% sold out, a number one album, over a million copies of his first album sold, a Grammy nomination off the first album, heading Queen for several concerts overseas. Nope, He had zero success after Idol. Please, try to do some research. It would do you a world of good.

July 9, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laura

LOL!!! Guess you didn't know he's touring with Queen right now, or that his 2nd album was #1 on Billboard, or that he was nominated for a Grammy. Yeah, not successful at all. LMAO!!

July 9, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Adamfan

Who, Adam??? You are so wrong! His first album was a big hit and he's at his second now. He has toured, he has mass appeal. Much more so than the latest 3 finalists combined. Queen is asking him to be their vocalist. Is this not successful enough for you?

July 9, 2012 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  42. shalimar

Adam lambert being a judge. I think thats alsome. Im all upfor it.

July 9, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  43. John

So a guy who has no real music talent and has only been in the music industry for a couple of years is going to be a judge. And they wonder why this show stinks and the ratings are falling. Adam Lamber is a freakin joke.

July 9, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimmy

And a freak.

July 9, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • adamrules

@John- no real musical talent? oh really that's why he's touring with queen right now fronting as freddy mercury. that's why is new album trespassing was #1 on billboard. Also he's been in the business for well over 10 years. You obviously no nothing about him. He would be perfect!

July 9, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • andy

He has been in the music business in some way or another since he was ten. He is also more articulate than any of the three judges who are on there now.

July 9, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Branden

Oh god you guys need to calm down! lol just because someone is successful doesn't mean they ACTUALLY have talent. Hollywood is just a popularity contest these days! Look at Ke$ha, she CLEARLY can NOT sing but she's pretty successful! lol

July 9, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sandy

John do your homework...you sound like a flaming idiot!

July 9, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really, John?

Really, John? you think it is because of his "lack" of talent that he was asked by Queen to replace the great Freddie Mercury?

July 9, 2012 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • To John

No, John., the Joke is on you!!! Do your research! Adam is a massive success and has legions of fans. Idol wouod benefit tremendously from his presence.

July 9, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

and gay...

July 10, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  44. jimmy

I read it twice and this is what I think-ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

July 9, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Aubry

I am all for Adam Lambert being an Idol judge. He is charming, articulate, honest, straight forward and candid.
    He would critique the contestants and provide feedback. Not just sit there like a stooge. Beautiful, So sorry baby, that one is hot tonight, dwag. He is also flip and funny. He would say things that got the idol world talking. He wouldn't adhere to the man behind the cutain all the time. Also think of the fashion, the performance (Jlo performed), the relevance. Oh I hope all three stooges are gone and that Idol has three new ones and Adam is just the ticket! I would tune in every week just to see what Adam was wearing!! :D

July 9, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chester's mom

You said it Aubry! I would too. It's definitely time for a change and Adam would be perfect!

July 9, 2012 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Dre

Adam is probably too good for the show as it is now, but maybe that’s why he should be a judge. It might lead to some more variety in the contestants and winners. He knows what it’s like to be a part of the show, and what it means to translate a run on the show into a career. He also has the background to give better critiques than just “pitchy” and “that was a hot one!”

July 9, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Pattygale

Part of reason for Idol slump is sucky judging by all three, JLo, Steven, Randy. They were a joke!! Simon's departure was a disaster for the show. They're talking about Adam Lambert as a judge. He would be great. He's articulate, intelligent, straight-forward and knows both the Idol process as well as the struggles to transition from Idol to real life success.
    JLo's a suck-up, Steven is just useless, and Randy's time is over. Harsh? Yes, but the truth. By the way, I was HUGE Tyler fan before Idol but now, not so much. Since' Adam's year, Idol has crashed and burned.

July 9, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Patty, Adam Lambert has not been a Success. The only reason people know who he is, is because he is gay and dresses like Lady Gaga. In 5 years nobody will even remember his name and the guy will probably be playing at Indian casinos for 5 dollars a ticket.

July 9, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • jacks

Tyler has 20 times the credentials Lambert has and lambert has never proved himself. He's also a fruitcake and acts like one.

July 13, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |