Who's in the running to join 'Live! With Kelly'?
July 6th, 2012

Who's in the running to join 'Live! With Kelly'?

Kelly Ripa has been holding down the "Live!" set quite well since her former co-host, the venerated Regis Philbin, decided to wrap up his long run in November.

The show has used a succession of guest co-hosts since then, but the list of names mentioned as possibilities for a more permanent replacement has apparently shrunk to three.

Chief among them is "Saturday Night Live's" Seth Meyers, who according to Showbiz 411 is the lead pick out of the trio of options that also reportedly includes Josh Groban and former NFL star Michael Strahan.

Michael Strahan wants to be on 'LIVE!'

Earlier this year, Michael Strahan told Showbiz Tonight's Nischelle Turner why he'd like to have the seat next to Kelly Ripa.

'SNL' star at WH Correspondents' Dinner

Meyers is no stranger to hosting duties. In 2011, he was in the spotlight at the White House Correspondents' Dinner.

Josh Groban sings Piers' tweets

Singer Josh Groban shows off his comedic talents with Piers Morgan.

Strahan just ended a round of guest co-hosting duties, as he worked alongside Ripa on Monday and Tuesday of this week.

The week of July 9, however, will belong to Meyers, as he'll be on tap as guest co-host every morning.

Showbiz 411 pegs Meyers as a "popular co-host" with Ripa, noting that he's appeared on the show multiple times in the spring, and that his wide appeal might have something to do with his rumored frontrunner position.

But what do you think - who would you like to see fill in as Ripa's regular co-host?

Filed under: Celebrities • Saturday Night Live • television

« Previous entry
  1. youtube profits

Thanks for any other great article. The place else may anybody get that kind of information in such a perfect means of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the search for such information.

September 17, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Bank clerk jobs,Bank Recruitment, Bank Job Openings,Bankjobs india,Bank naukri, India Bank jobs, Bankjob online, Government Bank jobs, Bank jobs in india

Pretty part of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your weblog posts. Anyway I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I fulfillment you get right of entry to persistently rapidly.

September 5, 2012 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. sieu thi ban ghe

That is very fascinating, You are a very professional blogger. I have joined your rss feed and sit up for in search of more of your wonderful post. Additionally, I've shared your site in my social networks

September 4, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  4. cùng mua chung theo nhóm hot deal khuyến mãi

You can definitely see your enthusiasm in the work you write. The sector hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how they believe. At all times follow your heart.

August 23, 2012 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  5. enoturismo

Thank you for any other informative blog. The place else may I get that type of info written in such an ideal method? I've a mission that I am just now working on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

August 22, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. enoturismo

That is very fascinating, You are an excessively skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and stay up for in the hunt for extra of your great post. Additionally, I've shared your web site in my social networks

August 22, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. krissyray

MARTIN SHORT!!!! He is the best and Kelly is great with him. Even though I am not a fan of Nick Lachey, he is really great with Kelly also.

July 16, 2012 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
    • CLK

I think Martin short would be good and maybe get a new female host, Kellie you need to let your co-host talk and your guests talk, it's all you. Get a co-host already

July 16, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Giana Nicole

I think Marty Short should do it! He's the best and definitely one of the funniest.

July 12, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Sparky

If I was not the biggest fan of Seth Meyers on SNL. He is without a dobut skilled and capable. What I saw on Kelly Live, he is the only choice for co-host. Yes he has a twitchy boyish energy in abundance and his personablness comes across in spades. And the on screen chemestry between Seth and Kelly is unmistakable. Live with Kelly and Seth will put the show on top for a long, long time. Let's do the sucessful thing, Y'all.

July 11, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jr

Martin Short should get the job for sure! He's smart, quick-witted, immensely talented, very entertaining, and seems to want the gig. He would go a long way to make Kelly more interesting.

July 11, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Donna

Michael Strahan–NO CONTEST! When he co-hosts with Kelly she actually lets him talk! Great chemistry together (besides Anderson Cooper or Neil Patrick-Harris who are doing other things.) Josh Grobin is BORING -needs to stick to siniging. Seth Meyers and Kelly force their routine together; they don't click; uncomfortable to watch.
    Just make a decision SOON!!!!

July 11, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. plm

Martin Short has the personality, talent, , wit, and humor to make this show come alive (let's face it, Kelly can be pretty boring when she goes on and on about her kids all the time). . . . Marty is dynamic . .he wants the job, why isn't he on the list???

July 10, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Dottie

No Seth Meyers, does not impress me at all. Michael Strayhan and Josh Groban are the best. Please consider them. Listen to the viewers of this show. They know best.

July 10, 2012 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  14. CaraW

I thought Martin Short was by far the best. Of the three finalists, I prefer Strahan. Meyer is an arrogant smart ass. As for the adorable Josh Groban, why would he want to do this show?

July 9, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Teresa

Out of all the cohosts i have seen, there were a few that were my favorite but the best one i saw is actually on the finalist list which is Strahan. I love the intro flow (whatever you call it on the show) he has with Kelly. He is very respectful not just funny witty, which is great! He seems to be able to keep the conversation going there is no awkward silence or comments being made that make you cringe (sorry Groban and Jerry O'Connel). My vote is for Strahan. I really hope he gets it, maybe I will actually watch. :)

July 9, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  16. Lisa

I've seen all 3 co-host with her, and Michael Strahan would be my first pick, with Seth Myers a close second.

July 9, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  17. Liked_Short

Had to post since a few folks agreed with me: Martin Short, the few times he has co-hosted was amazing. I do not even like Martin Short! But of all the co-hosts, he was genuinely fun, great with the interviews, and I guess most importantly–had me laughing out loud more often than any other co-host.

July 9, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Teresa

NO WAY! Martin Short was the worst! All he talked about was the Hollyweirds! I am so sick of hearing about those people they do not have any normalcy totheir life and they are supposed to appeal and get on the level with people who only make $50K a year or less... NO! I hated how he was like I was at this party and I was at that party and I was shopping at our grocery store and saw Tom Hanks... who cares! NO NO NO!! Boo Martin Short

July 9, 2012 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  18. ellabella

Michael Strahan is not the best choice although he is fun. I don't think you have found the right person yet. Kelly deserves a co-host who can keep up with her humor and yet let her shine......The only one who ever did that was Anderson Cooper and recently, Josh Groban.

July 9, 2012 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  19. jm

Seth Myers too much of a wise guy . . . MICHAEL STRAHAN is low key, respectful, funny, genuinely interested in guests, and not just making jokes likeSeth . . . . he has low key charm . . . and I like Strahan and Ripa together . . .
    Second choice would be Bryant Gumble.

July 9, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  20. Suede

I'm for Michael Strahan. Fresh face on tv. His strip tease was a definite surprise. He will definitely keep the show from focusing too much on Kelly. Seth is funny but a bit too dramatic for everyday morning show. I hope its Strahan!!! Trust me he is gorgeous enough to rival Kelly any day

July 9, 2012 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  21. Margaret -

She's making millions, begain as a soap star, met mark on the soap, got married and they still look great together...her contract with Live is renewed until 2014, a mom, georgous husband, and a career– sounds amazing.

We need more women like Kelly Rippa that give a proper example of how to have it all - the right way.

July 9, 2012 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  22. BEAUTY SALON MIRROR

made you look.

July 9, 2012 at 5:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Lilly

Robert Downey Jr definitly and then they could dump Kelly and her tacky dresses

July 9, 2012 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  23. Dina

T.J. Holmes would be great. I miss seeing him on CNN. He is so cute and smart. He's also funny.

July 9, 2012 at 3:31 am | Report abuse |
  24. Lynn

I wish that LWK would try out T.J. Holmes who used to be on CNN. I loved watching him when he was on CNN. He has a great personality, is knowledgeable about current events, and he is HOT!!!

July 9, 2012 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
  25. MARCOR

jOSH GROBAN

July 8, 2012 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Nanci

Michael Strahan absolutely! What a second act he's having. Love to see him next to Kelly.

July 8, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angela

I totally agree, Michael Strahan. You would think that Seth Myers would be doing movies or something. Strahan is good for that job.:)

July 8, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  27. observer

WATCH YOUR SPELLING GUYS STOP TYPING SO FAST!

July 8, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  28. ldylkngb

I can't believe they never tried Michael E Knight frm AMC He is Hilarious! But if it's down to 3 My 1st pick would be Michael Strahan, 2nd would be Nick Lashay. But in a perfect world Anderson Cooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 8, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stephanie

YES! Michael Knight would be AWESOME!!! He is hilarious!! Nice to look at too. :-)

July 9, 2012 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  29. Live's Future

Kelly Rippa has it all. Congrats on contract renewal! She is an example to young women.

July 8, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Rippa...

Rippa's alright..she is funny at times and is doing a decent job, rating numbers are pretty good.

she appears to have a good marriage with mark c and he doesn't cheat or party which is a good example for tv since most of tv s-cks....hey i'd marry her..she makes a darn good salary

July 8, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  31. LOVE KELLY RIPPA

SHE'S GREAT...

July 8, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  32. patricia

Michael Strahan all the way........I loved his stripping routine on the show.....it was hilarious

July 8, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Marguerite

If you behave I'll show you my Emeril cookware.

July 8, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  34. COUSINS NEED PARTY FOR 50 CATERED ASAP!

GOTCHA

July 8, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  35. RED WINE

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEJHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

July 8, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  36. THE CREW

DOES STRACHEN CHEAT?

July 8, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  37. QUEENS!

GOTCHA AGAIN! WORKS EVERY TIME!
    HOOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

July 8, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Brenda Bradshaw

I think Robert Downey, Jr. would make a great co-host. He would bring a edgier side to the show and he is extremely funny in his dry way and very witty.

July 8, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  39. AGuest9

That disaster is still on the air?????

July 8, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  40. okdokey

Blind Gossip had this news over a week ago! I personally would prefer Strahan, but Meyers will be funny!

July 8, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  41. rebecca simmons

Seth is my number one choice of these three. He is funny, cute, and personable. Strahan is good on a sports show and Josh is good on a singing show. For folks who watch the show, you know that Regis retired from this show to pursue other venues; and he is 80 years old now. Give him a break, he might want to travel or write, etc. If you do not like Kelly, which I do not understand, you can watch something else, or read. Hello!!!!!!!

July 8, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Argle Bargle

My Gawd...! Is that turkey of a show still on?

July 8, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Tom

Gotta make is Strahan. He is the best.

July 8, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Garo Ginsberg

What a talent.

July 8, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Michael Caliazzo

wonderful program.

July 8, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  46. texan2

Of those three names, Strahan is my favorite.
    I like to hear Josh sing – but do not like him as co-host.
    Strahan was personable, funny, real, good conversationalist.
    I am not sure the very best co-host has been found.
    Was Regis forced out?
    If so, by who?

July 8, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • E

Regis retired...he's over 80 years old and I think was getting worn out of the day to day requirements of the show.

July 8, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Jeanne

I'm all for Michael Strahan. Please make it Michael. Besides having a great rapport with Kelly, he has a great sense of humor, can laugh about himself, has a contagious smile, and seems very REAL!!!! Ido agree with someone who said that Kelly is very into herself since Regis left. She needs Michael – No One Else!!! I use to watch the show religiously when Regis was still a part of the show, but now I tend only to watch when Michael is on with Kelly. Please, please make it MICHAEL!!!!

July 8, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deb

I agree with Jeanne. It's all about Kelly and I'm reallly tired of the whole show. I never missed watching the show when Regis was on it, but I only watch now when the co-host is someone I like. I love Michael Strahan and I like Neil Patrick Harris. Michael Knight would probably work, but he needs to cohost with her to see how they would work together. I do not like Josh Groban or Seth Myers (both boring). Bryant Gumbel would work because he's interesting, and he doesn't let Kelly talk only about herself. I have really gotten disgusted with her and her hair flipping and arm rubbing. The show's future really depends on the new co-host.

July 9, 2012 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  48. tom

Think Seth would be great. He's funny, smart and personable. (did I mention adorable?) However, I think Martin Short would be my #1 choice.

July 8, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  49. tommy

"Live with Seth". Let Kelly co-host semi-annually. Then I would once again watch the show.

July 8, 2012 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  50. Awesome_Mom

I think they should just rotate the 3 of them on a weekly basis, and study the stats to see who comes out on top.

July 8, 2012 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Ia Mom of 4

Excellent suggestion! I think that would definitely be a good idea!

July 8, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Gambler

If Martin Short wanted the job I think he would've been at least in the final three. Who wants to get up that early every morning and be tide to the show for most of the year.

July 8, 2012 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Steve-O

*sigh*...it's "tied". You should cut down on TV and read some books to boost your vocabulary and spelling skills.

July 8, 2012 at 4:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Marguerite

OH MY GOD...IS THIS KENNY ROGERS...

July 8, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Cindy

I love both Seth and Josh (he is funnier than you would think), but I also have liked Martin Short and Jerry O'Connell. I have turned the channel when Michael Strahan has been on. Kelly has been too self-absorbed since she has been the sole host; get her a side kick SOON!!!

July 8, 2012 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  53. 2cents

She is so phony.

July 8, 2012 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  54. Bette

How about just cancelling the damn show already

July 8, 2012 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  55. Joyce Gambers

Kelly has always said that she wanted to retire at an early age, after she made enough money. Maybe now is the time? Don't get me wrong, I love the girl and hate seeing all the negatives written about her. Think about it lady – OK?

July 7, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  56. dee

Get rid of Kelly, bring on Cameron Matheson and Josh Duhmal. :)

July 7, 2012 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Audrey

Can't bear the show since Regis left. Love to listen and watch that man. Hope someone else picks him up. RIPA is too self-absorbed and just intolerable.

July 7, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Betty

I dont know about co-host but wish someone would replace Ripa. I cant tolerate the woman.

July 7, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Sheryl

Michael Strahan is definitely my pick out of the three of them.

July 7, 2012 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • texan

Of THOSE 3 names – I like Strahan best – I was surprised when I watched him.
      I like the singing of Josh – but not the co-hosting.
      Actually – they have not come up on the potential co-host that I like best –
      I do like when Anderson Cooper co -hosts but he won't be doing the job –
      Did Regis 'really' get forced out? Why?
      By who?

July 8, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  60. Hoyden

Martin Short!

July 7, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Johnjon

I still want to see Mike Rowe host with her. he'd be a perfect fit. he's charming, funny, and easy on the eyes.

July 7, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Joe

I think the show s**ks anyway without the Reeeeg,This guys dont have a clue how to host,Regis held the whole show ,from his stories,to complaints,yelling at gellman just cant beat it.Thats why Kelly sat there looking in the air while Regis did everything.I hope the show goes off................They will never get these entertainers again

July 7, 2012 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Joe

The show s**ks anyway they need the Reeeeg back he was the whole show,all his stories,complaints,yelling at gillman,fantastic host.All this other guys dont have a clue to host a show,just like Kelly thats why she just sat there while Regis did everything .I hope the show goes off .................it will never be the same

July 7, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  64. flashtrum

Pretty soon Lorne Michaels and all of his protege's will rule the entire television industry. At least that's the plan, no?

July 7, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  65. David Goldblatz

Jim Parson's (in character as Sheldon Cooper)

July 7, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  66. ladyluck527

I'd love for Michael Straihan to get the job, he's so funny and personable

July 7, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gayle

I think Kelly is doing a great job just the way it is now. It's exciting to see who the co-host is going to be next, and you get to learn so much more about them than just an interview... so leave it be!

July 7, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • girlie

How about replacing Kelly since she can't dress decently. Why doesn't she invest in a good bra. Half the time her n-ps are showing thru. Then she trys to hold her papers over her chest area. After a commercial break, she comes back on with a different dress on.

July 7, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Wragged

I haven't watched since Kelly was such a hag to Clay Aiken. Let him host the show and fire Kelly.

July 7, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • nora

Would love to see Clay Aiken cohost, he would upstage Kelly. Not sure what happened between them, must have missed that show. How about Rachel Ray, then they could both talk over one another. Rachel is very rude, when watching her show you can just tell how she can't keep her mouth from moving.

July 7, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Janie

PLEASE ask Cameron Matheson to be her permanent co-host. They have the ultimate chemistry!!!! He is the only one that can do the job!!!!

July 7, 2012 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  69. JJ

1. Strayhan
    2. Hugh Jackman
    3. Snooki
    4. Homer Simpson

July 7, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  70. globug

I watch/tape Live with Kelly everyday and have seen many co-hosts since Regis has left and started appearing elsewhere on TV.I have to say Michael Strahan keeps me chukllng in the AM's. All the rest mentioned are good but I just think there's chemistry between them. Kelly sets up the news topicc and Michael comes in to finish, either with his own family or others whatever the topic. As for Kelly not letting someone talk without interrupting, have you forgotten Relly and Kathy Lee,
    guest stars never really got to tell story as the two of them totally took over. I remember some iritated faces on the guests faces. Whomever gets chosen, I hope they continue to help me have a good chuckle each day.
    Whoever gets picked, I hope they continue to keep me chuckling in the AM's

July 7, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Henry

Henry Kissinger

July 7, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • peter

make kim kraptrashian be the next host, hell she can not put two words together but sea can spread those legs for just about anybody, what a w h o r e

July 7, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  72. smudge

She doesn't need a co host!

July 7, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  73. bigrick64

Eric the midget from the Stern show would be a great co-host. And it would be fun to watch with him beside Kelly

July 7, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  74. BOBO

FIRE KELLY IMMEDIATELY!!! She is so annoying, rude, interrupts everyone, Always has to have the last work and she just babbles a bunch of nonsense. She looks very annorexic and has just ruined a good show. Replace her or beg Regis to come back and still replace her otherwise just cance the show.

July 7, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  75. christinewolfe

why not stick with guest hosts like the old Mike Douglas show?

July 7, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  76. M

Lachey all the way! LOLOL

July 7, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOBO

Just Fire Kelly!!! She is so annoying I honestly feel bad for her husband. She interupts everyone like she thinks what she has to say is more important which it never is. She needs her mouth duct taped shut.

July 7, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Sandi

Michael Strahan...

July 7, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Jenna

Michael Strahan!! He's got such a nice personality...he's friendly...asks good questions. And he's cute :>

July 7, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Name*steve

Chris Elliott.

July 7, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Mary

Seth Meyers would be my number one pick. Michael Strahan a close number two. Definitely not Josh Groban.

July 7, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Karen Florczak

Please post the Top Three Contenders...not just Seth Myers

July 7, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Wayne FLorczak

Michael Strahan...for sure!!!

July 7, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Karen Florczak

I I vote for Micheal Strahan. Kelly and Michael Strahan are a natural together!!

July 7, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Billcy

Michael Strahan is not polished enough to do this kind of show week in and week out, nice enough guy but not really qualified and really not that well rounded enough to converse with celebrity types. Seth Myers would be great, quick wit (actually funny) more at ease with guests and colud carry the show on his own with no problem. This is a no-brainer.

July 7, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Kelli

Seth Meyers!! He is so great with Kelly and he is funny! I am seriously floored at the amount of people who said Michael Strahan. I mean he is ok, but I wouldn't want to watch him every day.

July 7, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Putz

I vote for Hulk Hogan. He needs the money for his ex-wife and totally messed up kids. My second vote would be for Ozzie Osbourne.....what a voice? You could not understand a word he says!

July 7, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  87. infonomics

TED would be a great co-host alongside Rippa. Both stuffy.

July 7, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  88. bursa

And all y'all are allowed to vote. Explains alot.

July 7, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

"y'all" and "alot"...and YOU are allowed to vote? Go back to kindergarten.

July 7, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Fee-lee

Hey, stop riipping on Ripa! She's alright. My first choice is MIke Tyson. He's cute and he talks funny. My second choice is Mike Greenberg from Mike & Mike In The Morning. Greenberg is cute and he talks funny too.

July 7, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  90. AR

On behalf of the people of Canada I beg you to PLEASE take Ben Mulroney off of our hands.

July 7, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ben

I'm Canadian...who the he11 is "Ben Mulroney"? Some relation to Brian?

July 7, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • No no Mulroney

No no – you keep that big girl, Ben Mulroney!!!! Just put him in the closet up there.

July 7, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Wendy

Michael Strahan! He is charming and funny and has great chemistry with Kelly. They seem very natural and comfortable together.

July 7, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  92. areukiddingme

I think alot of people are right Kelly alone is very annoying......she talks way to much! Regis whether you liked him or not knows how to listen something Kelly should have learned from him.If the Strahan guy gets it I'm gone. Getting tired of seeing him. by the way has anyone ever told Kelly wearing her clothes so tight is not the way to go? don't know why she does that isn't she small enough. When she sits she looks all wrinkled like an unmade bed......

July 7, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  93. K

Please replace Kelly! It is SO hard to watch the show because every interview, every story & every topic revolves around her. Though I am Kelly's age, I watched a lot more often and was much more entertained by Regis. I watch the morning news, which is followed by LIVE! but wind up turning her off. She is one-dimensional and self-absorbed.

July 7, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  94. Annie

Josh Groban is too good for the show and has many more important things to do ... like sing and write music! Don't watch the show for the most part ... find Kelly a bit overbearing. Good luck to the new co-host, though ... he will need it.

July 7, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  95. Nancy L

Strahan, absolutely! Best all round chemistry.

July 7, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  96. Mary

Nick Lachey,Nick Lachey,Nick Lachey

July 7, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  97. Michael

Michael Strahan all the way. Nick Lackey looks too desperate and should be the last pick!

July 7, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  98. DDM

Clay Aiken, for sure – LOL! Josh Groban isin 1st 3 pick? Wouldn't Josh Groban have a similar problem with Kelly? Don't shake her hand, Josh!

July 7, 2012 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  99. DOBERLADY

MICHAEL STRAHAN......ABSOLUTELY.....

July 7, 2012 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  100. JC

Nick Lachey

July 7, 2012 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  101. bummer

My money is on Strahan or Cooper

July 7, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  102. JesusSucks

Martin Short!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 7, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  103. hank

Clay Aiken! Kelly could use a little humility.

July 7, 2012 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  104. John

1 Neil patrick harris
    2 Strayhan
    3 Cooper

July 7, 2012 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  105. cleo

Michael Strahan is the only one that we have watched a whole show with (other than Anderson Cooper) since Regis left. Strahan for sure !

July 7, 2012 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  106. t

Sat in the audience for Tuesday's show. Strahan didn't miss a beat. He and Kelly have a good chemistry and they both really engaged the audience during commercial breaks.

July 7, 2012 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  107. Scott A

PIPER REESE from Piper's Picks should be paired up with Kelly! Planet's youngest entertainment reporter – she's more pro than the pros!!

July 7, 2012 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  108. G.Ritchie

Michael Strahan all the way!!

July 7, 2012 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
  109. Geoff

I'd like to see Miley Cyrus or Selena Gomez or Demi Lovato paired up with Kelly. The guys they put in the chair beside Kelly are all freaks. I mean, seriously, look at them. They're freaks! Very freaky.

July 7, 2012 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Beth

Mylie Cyrus??? You're kidding, right? Annoying....! Why do you think SNL parodies her? Seth Myers is quick-witted and funny. Please not 2 women. I agree with the comments made of Kelly. It's easy to get too much of her...

July 7, 2012 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
    • lolarites

You're the freak

July 7, 2012 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
    • MontanaTrace

Please one man, one woman. Not two women. Look at the failure in Kathy Lee and Hoda. I flip the channel. I've tried it with mute. I swear you can still hear Lee's cackling laugh.

July 7, 2012 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  110. Brenn

Former CNN anchor T.J. Holmes would be perfect. I am disappointed that he hasn't been on the show as a potential cohost. He is intelligent, funny, charismatic, and super cute. I think that he would be the brilliant choice fo the job.

July 7, 2012 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Rita

I totally agree about TJ Holmes!! I have been advocating for him to be host on one of these entertainment shows because he has it all. But if you want to see him again, he'll have a new show on BET that will premier in Oct and he'll cover politics and pop culture. Oh and yes, he's soooooo handsome!!!

July 7, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Brian

I think Kelly makes a great co-host with Seth Myers. Kelly needs to go back to being the sidekick with Myers leading the way. If this is not the final outcome then I would rather see the show canceled. Kelly can be quite annoying and obnoxious. Seth is funny and could help balance it out. Anyways that just my opinion.

July 7, 2012 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
    • AnastasiaBR

Yes, fortunately it IS ONLY your opinion.

July 7, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

Agree with Brian.....Kelly is AWFUL. She's always been horrible but without Regis, she's unbearable and I've stopped watching. FIRE HER IMMEDIATELY and get some fresh meat in there. You only need to look at the Nielson's to see how the show is tanking. Seth Meyers and Amy Pohler...I'd watch that.

July 7, 2012 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  112. mikrik13

I would like to see the show go off the air. I stopped watch after Regis left and was very tired of hearing how every guest's life somehow related directly to Ms. Ripa's children. That is when she actually allowed the guest to speak. She is the worst.

July 7, 2012 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  113. L

Jerry O'Connell or Nick Lachey. Seth Myers is boring.

July 7, 2012 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Mer

I agree. Number one choice is Nick Lachey, Number two choice is Jerry O'Connell. I do watch the show and have seen all the co-hosts. These two are definitely my choice.

July 7, 2012 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
    • lynn

I agree: Nick Lahey(sp). He is great!

July 7, 2012 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  114. Chazz

What? Is the piano-playing cat from YouTube not available? Honestly the show would be better if Ripa went away and was replaced by humorous/satirical cats and dogs.

July 7, 2012 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  115. libby cape

i vote for martin short!!!

July 7, 2012 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  116. GP

I think Kelly is much better and funnier as the sidekick like she was with Regis. Some people are just better in that spot. I would like to see Martin Short with her. He is so funny and creative and could easily be the lead. Live with Marty and Kelly. There you go.

July 7, 2012 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  117. Dale Rennet

I don't see the show lasting. None of the three "potential" co-hosts is an authority figure of Regis Philbin's ilk, and Kelly seems at sea over the whole thing and it seems stuff is thrown together at the last minute, disorganized and the guest list is generally a big yawn. Better to cut the losses.

July 7, 2012 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  118. Dan

I'd like to see mypenius as her co-host.

July 6, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  119. S

Jerry O'Connell hands down! Don't even know the dudes mentioned

July 6, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  120. marios

Shhow is stale....let's quit the show

July 6, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  121. CC

Michael Strahan he is funny and works great with Kelly

July 6, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Krupa

Kelly and Strahan.

July 6, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Deborah Terrell

Michael Strahan is the man. He and Kelly are great together. Love, Love, Love Michael

July 6, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  124. bellenoitr

Why not keep Ripa as the host? She's got more spunk than all of the possible replacements.

July 6, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  125. BigJohnStud

I like Mike Tyson! Dude is funny and has the voice of a nightengale!

July 6, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  126. lady

I vote for Strahan!

July 6, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  127. FC

I think Michael Strahan and Kelly are great together. They look so comfortable with each other and Michael is very funny! I look forward to watching the show when he's co-hosting. Mark Consuelos would be a great choice also. The other co-hosts look so stiff and uncomfortable – when the other co-hosts are on I fast forward through the show and catch the guest interview highlights.

July 6, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  128. mere

Anderson Cooper- he is so cutting, smart and honest (except on his new show where he actually went spray tanning with Snookie)- he is selling his soul and should get out of that game while he still has one and move to work with Kelly where he can keep his witty commentary

July 6, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Beth

My vote would be for Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs. Regs himself said that he would like Mike to replace him.

July 6, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Grace

Please place Seth. Michael has nothing to offer.

July 6, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kathy

Live this is the best you can find to take Regis Philbins place are you kidding me. Most of the people that watch your show are mothers or the elderly and none of these guys are going to keep our attention. I'll take to cable news :(

July 6, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  131. theAntiELVIS

Kathy Lee!

July 6, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Jeff

How about pulling the plug on the show?

July 6, 2012 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Susan M

ANDERSON COOPER I think they have great chemistry

July 6, 2012 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • ccs

I love Anderson with Kelly too but he has his own show to do now so I don't think that will work.

July 6, 2012 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Jack

Hello folks. Everyone is invited to visit ... thestarofkaduri.com

July 6, 2012 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Sandy M.

The three people I originally wanted: Neil Patrick Harris, Anderson Cooper, or Andy Cohen can't do it. So, I'm totally pulling for Michael Strahan. I think he has a great chemistry with Kelly. He's funny & charming. Seth is okay but I don't love him & just plain NO to Josh Grobin.

July 6, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Eric the Actor

Eric the Actor should be the new host! He's the – ack ack – best.

July 6, 2012 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Sandi

My first choice would be "Anderson Cooper", 2nd "Mark Conseulos" and 3rd "Seth Myers".

July 6, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  138. LV

I like Strahan!!!!

July 6, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan

I do too....he is funny and seems to have great chemistry with Kelly...if not him, I think I would like Seth Meyers. Anyone but Nick Lachey or Mario Lopez. Nick Lachey is almost begging for that job...kind of put me off when he sang to her about giving him the co-host duties...he looks too desperate. I don't think her husband would be a good pick...sure he's cute, but afte a while it would get old. I like Strahan...I hope he gets it.

July 6, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  139. C

I thought Kelly's husband did a good job when he was on there. They were really cute (and funny!) together.

July 6, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Steves

While I like Seth Meyers, I don't think this is his "kind" of TV. He'd be funny to watch, but not sure how good his interview skills are. Perhaps this is just to complement Kelly?

July 6, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  141. cathiemc731

Josh Groban, funny and can he ever sing and if not Nick Lachey.

July 6, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Johnny C

I love watching Ripa, I think she should not have a co-host at all but that she should just keep a rotating list of people who join her for a week or two at a time, it's more fun that way and she copes so well with regular change. Go Kelly!!! :-)

July 6, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  143. KFW

Who cares?! Don't like Regis. Don't care for Kelly. I was unaware the show was still on.

July 6, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • cathiemc731

If you don't care, why bother reading the article and then commenting.

July 6, 2012 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  144. C

Nick Lachey !

July 6, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Walter

I've never seen Live! but think that it would be great if Meyers left SNL to go to this show. Why would I think this? Because I've seen SNL with Meyers as the head writer.

July 6, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  146. gabe

Meyers...

July 6, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Kim

How 'bout none of the above – just cancel the stupid show.

July 6, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gail

So quick to criticize! Maybe you should pay more attention and you would realize what an asset Kelly really is! She brings a llot to the show! Maybe it's just that you don't like positive people, since you seem like such a pessimist yourself! I try to always look for the good in people and I realize that we ALL have our flaws, but I choose not to dwell on them, neither my own or those of others. I am sure that you also have some good attributes, and that you are not completely negative. I will pray for you!

July 6, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • KFW

Perfect suggestion!!

July 6, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Stephanie

Keep whomever's chosen & get rid of Kelly. Could she be more annoying?

July 6, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • jean Kavanaugh

Yea, get her off the show. She thinks she is always funny and she's npt///

July 6, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gail

I I think she is great! She is truly a family person and has a great personality! I wish I could be as bubbly as she is!

July 6, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • iagree

i liked regis. i thought he made the show. i liked kelly more than kathie lee. i totally agree though, kelly is nothing w/o regis and she IS annoying.

July 6, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Mary

Live with Kelly is boring.. Meyer Seth should sit Regis Philbin's chair and not her....Kathie Lee is best... Rid Kelly off on tv.. .

July 6, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Debby

JOSH GROBAN, JOSH GROBAN, JOSH GROBAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has a ton of devoted fans who would be tuning in every morning or DVRing it! He and Kelly at hysterical together...not sure he would say yes to it...but he's the one you need to ask first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 6, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Dibber

Strahan for sure!!!!!!!! But why didn't Howie Mandell make the cut?

July 6, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Amy

Michael Strahan for sure! That Magic Mike showing last week sealed the deal for me.

July 6, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Aloha

Michael Strahan...........please........

July 6, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  154. karrie_pgh

Strahan, hands down.

July 6, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  155. jen

I vote Nick Lachey!!! Down to earth, and long-time host potential. A great second chair for Kelly.

July 6, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sonia

I agree. I always thought that Nick Lachey was the best choice. He's comfortable in front of the camera, he's good-looking, he has great chemistry with Kelly and he's a great host.

July 6, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  156. kellyripaisafakeface

I hope Kelly Ripa dies in a fire....

July 6, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  157. JT

Wow these are the choices? Neil Patrick Harris or Anderson Cooper (get him off that dreaded daytime show) would be good choices. Not sure about the direction of the show.

July 6, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  158. MAG

Yes, Seth Meyers is the one – he's very funny and smart, seemed to have good chemistry with Kelly. I think Josh Groben is very good too, surprised to hear he's interested but he's my next choice and I thought Martin Short was best of all so if he's interested or in the running he really gets my vote. I do miss Regis but I think Kelly is doing a great job!

July 6, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  159. KP

Definitely NOT Ben Mulroney as someone suggested – he's too arrogant for Kelly. She needs someone down to earth and funny, like her. I would keep the hosts changing day to day as it keeps it fresh and interesting. Kelly can hold her own.

July 6, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Anna

I think the different cohosts would be a good idea

July 6, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steffi

I like the "variety" of co-host's as an ongoing thing. It makes for a very interesting show!!

July 6, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  161. iBod

Hm, the best replacement for Regis, in my honest and humble opinion, would be Seth Myers. Considering, Josh Groban is a singer, and no matter where he is today, tomorrow he could be on tour. Strahan already has his dues as a sports analyst these days. I like him on Live! but there is a strange feeling I get, like, although he is funny and the chemistry is great, he doesn't really fit in. I guess the feeling for me is he fits in better with the guys on Fox?? Could just be me. In all reality, Seth's days with Saturday Night Live are nearing a close. I could see this coming season of NBC's SNL as his last to commit to being on ABC's L!WK full time.

**If not Seth, I have my bets on Mark. Like many others, I would love a husband/wife duo. Talk about taking chemistry to a whole other level!

July 6, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Ann

Please not Michael. I will stop watching the show. I would rather see different co-hosts every week!

July 6, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Kansan

If they pick Seth, I and quite a few others QUIT watching. It is 15 of us here that feel Seth will KILL the show off. We pick Craig Ferguson :-) or Mr. Strahan.

July 6, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Margaret C

Ben Mulroney should be the new co-host hands down.He's handsome smart and knowledgeable.

July 6, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Malavaina

You really have a bad taste about men. BM doesn't have any of the quality you have mentioned, but he has a LOT of arrogance which is based in ignorance, his father is not Prime Minister anymore.

July 6, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • janna

are u nuts? ben mulroney is an ass...........and as sincere as my shoe lace.

July 6, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • MARGARET EFFYOU

AND I DO NOT GET DRUNK ON AN HOURLY BASIS AND I'M JUST ABOUT TO SELL ANOTHER BASEMENT TODAY...EVERYBODY GATHER AROUND MARGARET EFFYOU'S TABLE AS WE JOIN HANDS AND SAY......
      BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

July 8, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Maria

Seriously? Strahan? I've been saying for a while now that the co-host needs to be well-rounded and very intelligent, and a very quick wit and clever. Strahan's just friendly and pleasant. Anyone but him. Kelly's supposed to be the straight man, and her partner needs to be hilarious. Martin Short, Dana Carvey, Neil Patrick Harris are all great choices, even though they're not on the list.

July 6, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Sweet Pete

Three words: Eric the Midget!!!

July 6, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Connie

Who is this beautiful vixen posting her bolognie all over here anyways? I bet you are ugly as sin and never been touched.

July 6, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  168. John Hoglund

From the first time I saw him (and to my surprise,) I thought Seth Myers did a great job. He makes it so
    effortless (which is a key factor.) And, he's not overwhelmed by celebrities.
    I do like Michael Strahan very much also.And – I thought Bryant Gumbel has been
    terrific (though I was not a fan of his years ago.) Josh Groban has good chemistry with Kelly.
    Regis is a hard act to follow because of his status & decades of experience. Cooper is not a wise choice.
    He's been overexposed on TV for too long already & has stated he likes the type of reporting he does.
    I wouldn't eliminate Kelly's husband (Mark Consuelos) as that is a nice hook – a winning husband & wife team
    in the morning. I wouldn't want to be the one to sign off on this decision. Risky business.

July 6, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Ryan

The promos are amazing!!

July 6, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Pat

I think Nick Lachey is a good choice. If not Nick, then I think Seth is my second choice.

July 6, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Elewis

Michael Strahan would be the best choice. He has a great personality for this show!

July 6, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Shawn

No way to Seth Meyers! He's terrible on SNL... don't allow him to kill us with how annoyingly unfunny he is on another one. I like the idea of Martin Short or Neil Patrick Harris!

July 6, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boxerboi

I think SETH is a great choice. He is adorable, funny and great at co-hosting so far. NOT a fan of Michael Strahan at all. I LOVE Josh Groban, but don't see how he is a consideration for co-host, he's a musician/singer. He has a career. I don't like Nick Lachey AT ALL, never have. Neil Patrick Harris is a great choice as well. Her Husband is a good choice, but they would never be apart and that wouldn't help the marriage. Love Anderson Cooper, but now that he has his own show, that's not going to happen. So based on those 3....SETH, SETH, SETH, SETH!!!! He is way easy on the eyes and funny and they have great chemistry.

July 6, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  173. James

Scrap the lot and put Craig Ferguson and Kristen Bell on together.

July 6, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  174. M

Surely it hasn't come down to these three. What about Nick Lachey or Charlie? Both of them were much better than any of these guys. I will not watch if Michael is co-host. It's obvious he's not comfortable in the chair. It's not fair for Kelly to continue persuading viewers that it should be Michael. Let the viewers decide on their own.

July 6, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Jayme

Seth Meyers is an AWESOME choice; Nick Lachey isn't a bad consideration, but I vote SETH SETH SETH! :) He is fantastic, witty, quick and VERY New York – which is perfect. His SNL gig as Weekend Update anchor has completely prepped him for the real deal. Yay!

July 6, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  176. trigtwit palin... America's favorite tard baby

* drool *

July 6, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Jag

Michael Strahan is funny, can be serious and can quite Kelly down when she needs to be. No Seth. Also like Anderson .

July 6, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  178. lisa

Jerry Seinfeld

July 6, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  179. MG100

Neil Patrick Harris! Michael Strahan is totally sweet, but Kelly can't keep her hands off of him. We must preserve Kelly's marriage. Kelly's husband, Mark, should step in and ban Strahan from the running. Definitely not Seth Myers.

July 6, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Ginny

Hands down, Michael Strahan....If they don't pick him, I will stop watching the show....Kelly not all that and she has that prima donna thing going now that it's "her" show.

July 6, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Darlene Taylor

I think Kelly is doing fine without a permanent co-host. She works well with everyone and variety keeps the show fresh and interesting on many levels. Of the 3 specifically mentioned, I like Michael Strahan the best as he is funny, interesting and brings different subject matter to the show. But I really like Live With Kelly the best and different personalities cohosting and bringing their differences to the show.

July 6, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Larry

If ABC has any sense they should bring Regis back for 2-3 days a week...

July 6, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Silvia

I really like Michael Strahan he is so funny love him !!!

July 6, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  184. TJ

It appears that the majority wants Strahan. It would be nice to see a person of some other color occupy the host seat. There's too many of these entertainment shows that have a "whites only" face as hosts.

July 6, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Jan

Anderson Cooper No. 1
    Martin Short No. 2
    Jerry O'Connell No. 3

July 6, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  186. sandra v

I love Mr strahan

July 6, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Janelle

I love Groban. Didn't know if his singing career even made him a possibility but seeing he is considered above is exciting. I don't find Myers to be really funny or have great chemistry with Ripa and find the show kind of boring when he is on. Josh Groban is hilarious and I make a point to watch when he is co-hosting. I feel neutral abut Strahan.

July 6, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  188. PGM

I think Martin Short would be a great co-host!

July 6, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  189. nancy

Strahan all the way....if they choose Meyers – I will no longer watch the show. He is all wrong for this job.

July 6, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Jack

Hello folks. Everyone is invited to visit – thestarofkaduri.com

July 6, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Karen

I love Kelly and the interaction she has with Neil Patrick Harris is great as well as the chemistry with her and Josh Groban. I really loved the joy and interaction with Kelly and Jerry O'connel and Nick Lachet. I think Seth Myers is too much comedian and not enough host. I think Michael Strahan has limited appeal I do not think he is funny and I see definite limitations in is ability to participate in a lot of the antics of the show. Kelly needs someone who will enhance the show not drag it down.

July 6, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Loretta

TOM BERGERON appeals to the young thru Americas funniest home video, and the older generation thru dancing with the stars. He's handsome and he's funny!

July 6, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  193. VeronicaG

First, someone has to get Kelly to be quiet and let the co-host speak. I DVR this program when someone I like will be on, and Kelly never allows the co-host to speak, so if that isn't going to change, there's no need for a co-host. Secondly, Michael Strahan gets my vote. He manages to get a word in edgewise without looking bad, and without making Kelly look bad. He's a nice looking addition to the show too. Oh and Kelly, eat something, you look like a swizzle stick.

July 6, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Steve

Did none of you dummies get the joke about Frank Gifford and Kathie Lee? You people are fools. Maybe Bozo the Clown would best suit you folks.

July 6, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Lisa

Nick Lachet was the ONLY entertaining co-host out of all who've joined Kelly. Other 3 are BORING!

July 6, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan

First of all, it's Lachey and not Lachet. Can't stand him....he's so begging for that job, it's sickening, especially the day he sang to her about being offered the co-host duties. Anyone but him!! I would love to see Josh from GMA co-host with her a few times and see what kind of chemistry they would have....he's cute and pretty down to earth. I'm suprised he hasn't co-hosted yet, as both shows are on ABC.

July 6, 2012 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Stacy

Christian Grey!

July 6, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Chris

Replace Ripa with Pippa (Middleton) and leave it at that. Only thing left is to sit back and watch the ratings ZOOOOM.

July 6, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  198. Elsbeth

Let's just think a minute. What do early am audiences want/need? What has been successful in the past is a raconteur type who is relaxed, enjoyable and make us feel someone is actually chatting pleasantly to us. Seth Meyers is a comedian who needs to make jokes so the focus is on him, no us. This is the difference between Bob Barker and Drew Carey–Bob made the audience the focus, Drew, like other comedians tries to make the focus on himself. NBC just made a huge mistake by firing Ann who had not need for her own ego boosts, to Savannah who is engulfed in her own image and that of Matt Lauer–we have to watch this romance evolve. So, please "Live" no Seth Meyers.

July 6, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

July 6, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  199. Barb

This is SOOOOO STUPID!!!! Regis has been gone for over 6 months and still no replacement!!!! What is the problem???? Just do it!!!

July 6, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Dave

Seth would be awesome and Michael Strayhan's timing isn't the greatest though he's very likable.

July 6, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Durham NC

Strahan definitely or even Steve Harvey!!!!!

July 6, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Anita

Anyone other than her annoying husband! The sooner they get a new full time co-host the better because then she won't be bringing her hack hubby out every chances she gets. That guy is like K-Fed, feeding off of her fame. Can't stand him.

July 6, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  203. PC

Jerry Seinfeld is the Man! BTW, I like Kelly on the right side of the screen.

July 6, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Lutter

Regis didn't decide to quit... he was forced out. Haven't watched since he left.

July 6, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  205. SinTexas

Hmmm! Kelly Ripa is the star of the show. Why are you jealous women trying to do? If you don't like Kelly, you shouldn't be watching the show. NO ONE is forcing you! My vote if for Seth Meyers as long as he still does SNL.

July 6, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Lynn

My choice is Strahan. I like Seth but I think his better suited for SNL.

July 6, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  207. DEE BENNY

Please pick Michael stahan his very funny cool and up for any challenges

July 6, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  208. A

Love Michael – the others can take turns when one of the others is on vacation. I also like N's idea of JP – he's great too.

July 6, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  209. Janet

Can't stand Michael Strahan...don't think I would continue to watch if he was chosen.

July 6, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  210. NYG Fan

Michael Strahan...I can't help but smile when he's on.

July 6, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norma Sarkisian

Been around the industry...The one person that would balance out the desk would be Andy Cohen. He has not only camera presence, he captures an audio with his personality. IT'S A NO BRAINER. I have been watching the guest co-hosts; unfortunately, most of them are very boring. They don't have that much to bring to the table. Knowing it is a big decision...and hopefully it will be a good fit. Your choice could make or break the show's ratings. Currently, the show seems like it needs a little lift....
      Norma in Florida

July 6, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karen Florczak

Agree...Michael makes me smile too and he is very quick on his feet.

July 7, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  211. Linda

Michael Strahan was the best by far ... love love love him on the show

July 6, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  212. Mary

Love Michael Strahan.........

July 6, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  213. Noreen

Just love Michael Strahen and Kelly together, they play off each other really well. Josh Groban to boring, Seth should stay on SNL. I think I would stop watching (love Kelly) but only Michael will do.

July 6, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  214. gail

michael is my choice he is funny and kelly and him have great chemisty.don't like seth he is too stiff and gay looking.

July 6, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  215. Evel Knievel @ Beautiful Vixen

I'm very good at kissing azz. just call me brown noser

July 6, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  216. jill tracey

Nick Lachet was excellent as a host and didn't keep hogging the spotlight!

July 6, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  217. humtake

ME!!!! Of course, it might just be an hour of me trying to get her to leave her husband and in my bed...but it would still be fun.

July 6, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  218. Anne

Michael Strahan is the best choice.

July 6, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  219. Steve Greek

Frank Gifford would be my choice. What a cool thing for Kathie Lee :)

July 6, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  220. svan1017

Love Love Love Michael! He's funny, smart and very personable. He and Kelly have great chemistry. Please don't chose Seth...he gets on my last nerve and if he is chosen, I'm done watching!

July 6, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Jules

Josh Dumal. I would watch the show then!

July 6, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  222. Anna K

The only time I watch is when Mike S is on. He is Fabulous!! Nice to have a little eye candy.

July 6, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  223. S

Seth or Michael are very entertaining! I would have to lean more towards Seth. Josh is a great singer, but not a cohost. I never finish watching a show with Josh because he does get a little boring.

July 6, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  224. ken

Josh Groban is the best of them all he is really easygoing and much better than I expected him to be I liked his sense of humor and he just seems like a genuine guy and not a hollywood talking head trying to get a career made He has already proven himself

July 6, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  225. Tim

Seriously, those are the final three candidates to take over for Regis? That's absolutely pathetic. Just fire Kelly and put Statler and Waldorf in those chairs, that would be far more entertaining.

July 6, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  226. Tina

Strahan and Kelly work well together. I like Groban too but he has enough on his plate. Pick Michael!

July 6, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  227. John from Texas

if I wanted buckwheat I'd watch the little rascals

July 6, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  228. Trezenia

I always thought & still do think, it should be Billy Bush, he looks like Regis's son & he is funny & cool!
    I don't particularly care for the 3 front runners. My 2 cent worth!

July 6, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  229. Susan Jackson

I don't like any of the options :( I always liked when Sam Champion co-hosed with Kelly. I think they should bring him back – they had the best chemistry and he's definitely talk show material.

July 6, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  230. hex2323

Sylvester Stalone. Picture it. He's funny, ugly, short and dumb just like Regis!

July 6, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  231. rosebud99

I agree with those who say get rid of Ripa. Find someone genuine, not fake. She reminds me of Bride of Chuckie.

July 6, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  232. Dawn

Micheal all the way! That guy is pure entertainment

July 6, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  233. Rbinski

I think Michael Strahan is HANDS DOWN the best co-host. He's funny, does extremely well with Kelly and adds a whole new dimension to the show!

July 6, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  234. hannah01

Love Seth Meyers! Ever since he hosted the White House Correpondence Dinner in 2011. He was outstanding there. Hope he gets the job with Kelly.

July 6, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  235. Lauren

Pat Sajak...he is always very entertaining when he co-hosts with Kelly.

July 6, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

you can shoot me for saying this, but I actually enjoyed pat sajacks short lived talk show. I think he would be a good choice.

July 6, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  236. Pat Jackson

Seth Meyers would not be my choice – no charisma at all with Kelly. Michael Strahan is great and love Josh Groban.

July 6, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  237. NLG

I say get rid of Kelly and hire Seth and Strahan!

July 6, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  238. Ally

definitely Michael, I watch when he is on, the others are too boring

July 6, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  239. susan

My vote goes to Michael Strahan...He is great as a co-host. And being the huge Giants fan I am, I would love to see him on TV regularly, besides his ESPN spots

July 6, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  240. Amy

My vote is for Michael. Both he and Kelly really have something going on the show. He is great!

July 6, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  241. Lloyd

Who cares ? I mean if you have a job, you don't watch it anyway. The little I've seen of it, with and without Regis, it's just another boring, brain numbing, talk show. Switch to the Discovery channel and learn something.

July 6, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  242. cehhw

Michael Strahan.....they're great together.....

July 6, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  243. benboy1111

Seth Meyer he has a younger fresher appeal.

July 6, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  244. slapmesully

mike strahan. him and kelly have the best time n chemistry.. outof all the co hosts she's had. i vote strahan or josh groban

July 6, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  245. CS

I vote for Seth Meyers...breath of fresh air! Maybe he will bring in younger viewing audiences. Love him on SNL!

July 6, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  246. S Brown

Michael Strahan

July 6, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  247. Erica S. P.

Definitely Michael! They have great chemistry. Never really been a huge fan of the show or him, for that matter, but when Michael co-hosts, I do find the both of them very entertaining. I actually find myself looking forward to them both.

July 6, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  248. palintwit

Bristol Palin would make a fantastic co-host. She's a brilliant and gifted conversationalist and she would know how to bring out the best in her guests.

July 6, 2012 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  249. Rosie

I vote for Michael Strahan. He's funny without being over-the-top, and he just fits in so well with Kelly. Seth is too much about Seth. I don't mind Josh, but wouldn't want a steady diet of him.

July 6, 2012 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  250. Bill

Adam Joseph from 6 ABC Action News in Philadelphia would be my pick!

July 6, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  251. S

I personally think the show died years ago, and now that Rippa is left it's worthless. Anywho.... Meyers isn't a great choice as his dedication to SNL is needed more and Groban should be focused on singing/touring.

July 6, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  252. Larry Flynt

Ron Jeremy. Facial Friday!

July 6, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Mark

I know you're joking, but actually, I think Ron Jeremy would be a great talk show host. He actually started his career as a Broadway actor, and I think he's got a great sense of humor.

July 6, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Kelly Rippa

Sure, I could always use a shot to the face!

July 6, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • The I's have it.

let's see ron geremy for thursday...that works!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

July 8, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • THERE IS ALWAYS FACIAL THURSDAY

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooooooooooohaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

July 8, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  253. Barbara Mills

Michael Strahan is the appropriate choice and the most enjoyable to watch. He is witty and they appear to have chemisty.

July 6, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  254. pmn

Absolutely, happen to see him as a guest Live with Kelley and Seth Meyers was great. Matter of fact, he fit in perfectly..very witty.

July 6, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  255. shannon

Martin short or dana carvey

July 6, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  256. D

Mark Feuerstein would be my vote. Has lots of energy, quick witted and seems to really enjoy being there.

July 6, 2012 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  257. Crabby-Patty

Kelly Ripa is not going anywhere ....too immature for this job...the show is way downhill...it's time...sorry to say !

July 6, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  258. Lynn

Michael Strahan is my choice. Mixes well with Kelly can be humorous but don't need humor 5 days a week. Michael Is well rounded for the show

July 6, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Jim

I agree.

July 6, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Mare

i totally agree. Michael Strahan is the best. Advice for Kelly though, drop all the constant talk about boobs and drinking – it's getting very old very quickly ...

July 6, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Karen Florczak

I agree with you...they are the best "fit".

July 7, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karen Florczak

I Michael Strahan for sure I agree with you...they are the best "fit". Love the way they "work" together.

July 7, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  259. Paul pease

Well....its obvious....it should be me.....funny,informative,mildly obnoxious middle middle age man that knows the fine line between stupid n clever.And unlike Matt Lauer.....I would only ask 1 million a year for salary.....payment for a entetaining psyko...1 mil..price for entertaining thousands of people with common everyman/woman humor.....priceless

July 6, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Connie

What am I missing? Of all the co-hosts, Seth seems the most bored by being there and the most boring. The few times I've seen him, I thought I'd fall asleep. He is so droll and flat! Perhaps it's a pain in the butt, but I enjoy the mix of men and women co-hosting, someone different all the time.

July 6, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Can You Count?

@Paul: You'd only entertain "thousands"? You're fired already.

July 6, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  260. N

I think they have missed the mark on this one. John-Paul Lavoisier would be fantastic. He is funny, witty and quick on his feet. He is from daytime television, as Kelly was. It would also give the daytime viewers, who lost the soap he was on, a reason to tune in to see him alongside Kelly. It would be nice if they would still consider him.

July 6, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  261. J

Get rid of pippa and bring on cooper and ocean. The ratings will be plenty like the two threads here full of comments.

July 6, 2012 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
    • tammy wells

I agree Kellie needs a co-host already, I don't watch the show anymore. She thinks she can do the show on her own, well I don't think so, it's time to get a co-host already

July 16, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • RJ

I agree with J and Tammy get rid of Kellie, she's arrogant, and I get tired of her flexing her arms and thinking she could lose weight. Kellie have you looked in the mirror your skin and bones.

July 16, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |