Seal's in an 'excellent place' post-split
July 6th, 2012

Seal's in an 'excellent place' post-split

Heidi Klum and Seal seem to be moving on pretty well from their publicized split earlier this year - or, at least, they are in the press.

Klum gave a German media outlet a hopeful response when the topic of her divorce from the "Kiss from a Rose" singer came up, and Seal, who's promoting a new album, tells USA Today that he's also doing well.

Seal's preparing to kick off a North American tour today, and he told the paper that he understands some fans are likely still taken aback that his seven-year union to Klum didn't last.

"When you live your private life in public, and things aren't necessarily as rosy as people think, you owe it to the public to speak up," the  49-year-old singer/songwriter said."There were people genuinely upset that what they thought was perfect was no longer."

Seal himself isn't shedding any tears, though. "I'm in an excellent place right now," he said of his post-breakup life. "In a situation like this,  your priority is your children. As long as the children are happy, I'm happy."

Klum must have the same philosophy, because she said as much in a recent interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag.

"I look into the future, concentrate on my family and I have to say that I'm happy,” she said. “There are worse things in life than a separation."

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Devoted Biddy

Mr. Samuel WAS in an "excellent place" until he found out about the 'help'. Lesson to learn: never take others for granted. I think he presumed she would be there for him with the 4 kids in tow.

God bless

April 22, 2013 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. NFL Jerseys Wholesale From China

Hi there I'm so thrilled I found your site, I really found you by accident, when i was viewing on google for something different, Anyhow I'm the following now and would certainly prefer to say thank for the great publish as well as a at all times entertaining blog site. Please continue the truly amazing function.
    NFL Jerseys Wholesale From China http://www.jerseys88.com

October 27, 2012 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. nellie cabo

All I can say is,after 7 long years they finally realized that they're not really meant for each other.

July 11, 2012 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  4. Buddy

Get real, Heidi's first baby daddy didn't want her or the baby. Still doesn't want her. She was lucky to find somebody who did.

July 9, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. BEAUTY SALON MIRROR

MADE YOU LOOK!

July 9, 2012 at 5:55 am | Report abuse |
  6. Anne Urkowitz

Norman is the love of my life.

July 8, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Michael Caliazzo

He definses greatness.

July 8, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. yvonne

Comments about Seals looksw show that you are jealous it is sad when a married doe s work out. I pray for them and the Kids..

July 8, 2012 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
  9. SokrMom

So glad to hear both Seal and Heidi are happy it's over. I hope that the children are also in an "excellent place."

July 7, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • divorce..i'm divorced we're fine!

my kids are great ...you can't stay with someone who doesn't want to be with you–especially if he sees other women behind your back...in their case maybe they grew apart...but they doing whats best for the sake of the kids.

July 8, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Lisa Roberts

With all that money he has why hasn't he done something aboutt that ugly a$$ face of his? My my, lmfao! I bet she caught him cheating with another white girl. smdh

July 7, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Luccifur

Prolly,ya'll do love the brothers no matter what they look like right?

July 7, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ace

Your a fool.

July 9, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Olivia

You sound like a five year old making fun of Seal's face, FYI he has a disease that causes the scars on his face. You have a pathetic life if all you see in someone is their looks. I bet you're as UGLY as the comment you posted.

July 10, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  11. Ugmo Seal

Im sure he cheated on her and prolly slapped her around, thats the way those kind are. He aint nothing but a one hit singer...Im like...dude can you sing another song? *pukes* Im sure she will find her a REAL man now...instead of that thing....I HOPE HE HITS ROCK BOTTOM AND GETS HOOKED ON CRACK AND TWO DOLLA HO S...LMAO

July 6, 2012 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cindyloutree

Why and what does "those kind mean"? The marriage didnt work over 50 percent of marriages end in divorce. Why be so negative about people who you really don't know. Respect him for taking on a child he did not actually father but accepted and took care of her as if she was his. Now what about the deadbeat dad who really fathered her.

July 6, 2012 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • janinka

Ugmo you is. Jealous of that fine man seal?

July 7, 2012 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
    • PYT

So jealous,to bad nobody wants your sorry butt.

July 7, 2012 at 5:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Panne'

How many hits have you had?lol,you aren't good enough to shine Seal's Gucci shoes or to carry his Prada luggage you stupid,broke,trashy,fugly a55.

July 7, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • DIVORCE IS DIFFERENT NOW

you can survive, the kids can survive. its not the end of the world anymore.

July 8, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. poor seal

did he cheat on her?

July 6, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. alumette

It seems Seal's singing career is back on the move. He was second fiddle to Heidi who has no real talent but managed to make a lot of money as a famous model and attractive woman. Seal, on the other hand has real substance as she does not. They will do better individually than together unless Heidi retires. Maybe that could work but they are likely past their relationship.

July 6, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Not a fan

She says "There are worse things in life than a seperation." I'd have to say that would be the high point after seeing that face for so long.

July 6, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • V.P.

How childish to speak on someone's looks. I don't know how long you've been on this earth, but I want to tell you that sometimes the prettiest people are the ugliest. I'm glad that Seal's concerns are in the right place and that is with their children.

July 7, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Just saying

Sometimes the prettiest people are the ugliest? Are you talking about Heidi? She is a demented degenerate in her mind and psychology, but just for outside appearances, that dude looks like he had a close encounter with a meat grinder. Old washed ip model, singer that never was much good, two miscegenation moolies cursing the earth...no good news here.

July 8, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |