Katie Holmes 'doing all right' as Tom Cruise has 'somber' birthday
July 5th, 2012

Katie Holmes 'doing all right' as Tom Cruise has 'somber' birthday

As the press tells it, Katie Holmes is all smiles while her estranged husband Tom Cruise has a somber birthday.

The actor, who turned 50 on July 3, is said to have spent the day with extended family members and his two kids with ex-wife Nicole Kidman, Bella and Connor. The timing was undoubtedly rough, as Cruise's ex Holmes had just filed for divorce from the "Mission: Impossible" star the week before.

Photos: Tom Cruise turns 50

For his part, 17-year-old Connor retweeted a statement to his Twitter account that some read as a display of support for his dad, as it read, "#LaFamilia‬ Always. Friends Come And Go, But Family Is Forever."

People magazine reports that Connor and his 19-year-old sister gathered with Cruise, recently named the highest paid actor in show business by Forbes, in Beverly Hills on Tuesday. The magazine cites an inside source who said that the vibe that day was "somber ... Just very, very sad."

When Cruise flew to California from Iceland, where he's been filming the movie "Oblivion," to celebrate his 50th, Holmes was on the opposite coast with the pair's 6-year-old daughter Suri.

The New York Daily News says that it approached 33-year-old Holmes while she was out shopping at a Whole Foods with Suri on Wednesday, and the actress allegedly told the paper, "I'm doing all right, thank you."

Holmes, who's reportedly moved out of the New York home she shared with Cruise and into her own place, was also photographed on July 4 smiling with Suri over ice cream.

In a new reported interview with Elle magazine that will arrive on newsstands July 17, Holmes hinted that her 30s have ushered in "a new phase."

"I definitely feel more comfortable in my own skin," she told the magazine, according to the New York Post's Page Six. "I feel sexier. I think in my 20s, it's like you're trying too hard to figure everything out ... I'm starting to come into my own. It's like a new phase."

Indeed, Holmes went on, “I know who I am and where I am and where I want to go, so I want to focus on that."

Filed under: Celebrities • Tom Cruise

1. free forum boards

Thanks for every other informative blog. The place else could I am getting that type of info written in such a perfect manner? I've a project that I'm just now working on, and I've been at the look out for such info.

September 23, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. linkbuilding

hello!,I like your writing so so much! share we keep up a correspondence more approximately your post on AOL? I need an expert in this area to solve my problem. May be that is you! Looking ahead to peer you.

September 17, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Thanks but no thanks

Katie Holmes is a gold digger, she got more than million £££ in gifts from hubby Tom Cruise whilst married to him. She is actually a hypocrite and fraud. Masterminding media circus and parading daughter around in all attire in order to boost her spot in the limelight again, everyone knows how she works it, doing this and reeling them in, yes those religious folk in order to make loads more $$$$$ again, fakes everything in order to get her reputation back by leaving Scientology to clinch the entertainment industry once again.

August 31, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. this

I have read some just right stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much attempt you set to create the sort of excellent informative web site.

August 23, 2012 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. satellite navigation review

Woah this blog is wonderful i love studying your articles. Keep up the great work! You already know, many persons are looking around for this info, you can help them greatly.

July 25, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • DGS

If it's true what they're saying about how she pulled this off then Katie Holmes is Awesome

July 27, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Kathy

You know, I have been wanting to ask this question ever since this whole thing began. Why is everyone Tom Cruise bashing? I don't know him or her as I don't think any of you do either. No one knows what goes on in a marriage except the two people in it. I feel sorry for the guy the way she went about doing it. Can you imagine your off working thinking life is going on as it does everyday then you get a call from your wife telling you she has filed for divorce, rented another apartment and moved while taking your child from you? Everyone is "poor Katie" well I don't think Katie is so poor and I'm sure the five years she was married to him she lived the high life. I believe he truly loved her and I would imagine she got about anything she wanted. I feel she is implementing a very clever publicity stunt by being seen with daughter in tow practically 24/7 in an attempt to garner everyone's sympathy and for what? What did the guy do that was so bad? Does anyone truly know? Everyone is surmising what went on with them. I feel sorry for the guy having to spend his 50th birthday the way he did. I"m over 50yrs and believe me the big 50 is no easy one. I think the way she went about it was mean and cruel. Badly done, Katie. Again I ask what did Tom Cruise do that was so terrible except love her and probably give her anything she wanted? I'm serious I really want to know what he has done and why everyone seems to hate him so?

July 23, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • alexpinca

The only way he could have been totally blindsided was if he was totally oblivious. A casual observer could tell she was very unhappy. Some Cruise henchman tells Holmes he's going to have to tell Tom that she inappropriately disciplining Suri????????? She should have fired the guy on the spot. She married Cruise because she was starryeyed...when the stars cleared away, there was nothing there.

August 9, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  7. Mike

A majority of Tom's conquests were made to bolster his career.
    Firstly, he married Mimi Rogers for the advantages that were offered to him through Mimi's connections with several high-level Scientologists, who also just happen to have high level connections in the business world, including Hollywood. When he had no more use for Mimi, he let her go, mission accomplished.
    Tommy then met up with talented up and coming Australian actress Nicole Kidman, who was stunning in the movie "Dead Calm". Tom was able to offer Nicole unfettered access to the Hollywood elite through his Scientology connections, in return for the obvious ego rise that he got from having a stunning woman latched onto his arm, a woman that most guys could only dream about. But, after a while, the whacky Scientology garb grew a little too thin for a nice, intelligent woman, and she wanted to relax her connections with the cult. Nicole was give the ultimatum, Scientology or hit the road, following which Tom dumped the best thing that could ever enter a man's life. A REAL woman!
    Tom was reported chasing after a number of young ladies, quite a bit his junior, until he ended up with Katie. At first, I scratched my head in amazement. Not the kid from "Dawson's Creek"? I mean, she's just a kid! But, yes, another cleverly crafted union. Easy prey. Someone young, and easily impressioned with unfettered access to Hollywood fame, in return for another ego boost for Tom's career. Again, the Scientology garb grew a little too thin, and Katie wanted to cast it off. Problem is, this time, Tom really is in love, but cannot defy his master without losing his career. So, Katie says bye-bye.
    Is Tom Cruise gay, and were all of his unions just for show? I highly doubt it. Tom's a business man. He is the "business", and he knew exactly how and when to take on whatever would make everything come together and look good for his career. Unfortunately, he is too "possessed" by scientology to realise the wonders of what he has let go, as opposed to what he has gained in terms of fame, material possession and sheer ego boost.
    He's actually one of my favourite actors of all time. He's had an unbelievable career. But, maybe it's time for him to re-visit those ties with Scientology. Let's face it, Scientology financially needs the likes of Tom Cruise and John Travolta way more than they will ever need Scientology. Maybe it's a time for a revolution withn Scientology. Time for guys like Tom to step up and use their influence to change the ways of Scientology. Remove the whackiness, and promote the good. Teach people how to become successful without the spectre of emotional (or other) blackmail hanging over their heads.

July 22, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Hollywood 1%ers

Oh well thank God for that.

July 22, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jillharp

Katie isnt his first wife. The guy has been married 3 times! The only common denominator in all those train wrecks is TC. Maybe he needs to take a good hard look at himself. Check himself before he wrecks himself..and others.

July 21, 2012 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
  10. Bubba Rydel

Xenu is real. Xenu now has Bugmenot in his sites. Brakes can fail. Trees can fall. Cancer can appear.
    Yes Xenu has Bumenot in his sites.

July 17, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Bubba Rydel

You're better off without this fruitcake Tom. Just another aging no talent cheerleader riding the coat tails of a major artist. She'll write a lying tell all book, do a few Hallmark movies and do a few centerfolds as she fades off into middle aged obscurity. If I were Tom, I'd be jumping on a couch celebrating her leaving, as I call up all the super models I know for a weekend of ecstacy.

July 17, 2012 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Bulldozer

No fan of scientology and a big fan of Christianity. But Katie knew about Tom and his scientology going in and as a good catholic girl should have tried to make the marriage work rather than taking the cowardly way out.

July 16, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • jnpa

No one really knows whether or not she knew everything about Scientology going into the marriage. Perhaps the years of being married opened her eyes to something she didn't know about before and didn't want to stay with.

July 16, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. PJ

Awwww- poor Tom! And th' local High Schools are all locked down so he can't get a date, either...

July 16, 2012 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  14. don't rain on my parade

Katie is NO gold-digger as some might claim....there was a prenup stating exactly what the "financial arrangement" would be if ONE OF THEM decides to divorce the other. Katie will receive 3 million for each year she stayed married to Tom Cruise...so after 5 years...Katie will receive $15 Million AND the house in Montecito, CA.
    I am sure that Scientologycoerce Tom to make a divorce settlement as quickly as possible....if Tom were to drag out a divorce settlement, he'd spend millions in Legal AND court costs......that means LESS money to "donate" to Scientology. It was no secert the Katie really wasn't into the Scientology.....she signed up because she was young & immature & in love with Tom Cruise from the time she was a teenager, hoping to one day "marry the man of her dreams". Sometimes our dreams turn into a nightmare & this seems to be the case with Katie & Tom.
    Katie really thought this one out, while Tom was in Iceland filming his new film "Oblivion".....Tom was oblivous (no pun intended) to the fact Katie was leaving him.
    I am sure Tom & his Scientology friends had a nice quiet birthday......together....they may have even excused Tom from his Audting session as a ploy of sympathy.
    Best Wishes Katie & Suri....enjoy your freedom from "Cruise Control" & from being under the watchful eye of Scientology who more than likely had big plans for little Suri.

July 13, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bubba Rydel

She's a not talent parasite. The best thing that ever happened to him.

July 17, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  15. glenda

If Tom really loved Katie and Suri, he would move heaven and earth to be with them. Instead, he chooses his so called religion over his family. You reap, what you sow.

July 12, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Isis

Ummmm... you guys should do some research.....If she's a gold digger, than Tom must have had some idea, she was chosen by the curch of scientology for him......What a great decision they made, to choose a gold digger who knew the moment Tom had a chance, would take her child from her and lock her on a secluded boat somewhere reading the book of science, tied up to electrodes for their weekly scientology "audits", gtfoh with that shiet...

July 9, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  17. Why?

I don't understand why he keeps marrying Catholic girls. If Scientology is so great, why doesn't he find someone who ALREADY shares his beliefs?

July 9, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Sy N. Tollojest

Because Scientology girls are saving themselves for Xenu.

July 9, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Ann

His first wife, Mimi, got him into scientology. Tom was a Catholic.

July 11, 2012 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Truth

Very true statement. The opposite is true as well...as a Christian (yes, Catholics are Christian although very few like to admit it), why are you marrying someone who doesn't share your beliefs? Catholics should know this...it's written in the Bible

July 11, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • JellyBean@Truth

Don't you mean "their bible?"

July 11, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sherri

Yes, I wonder that also. If there are so many great Scientology believers, why doesn't he choose one of them? Someone who already shares his beliefs? Then religion would not be an issue.

July 14, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • john

Regardless of belief. People should understand a very simple truth. oil and water don't mix. It's hard enough these days to stay married when two people share and practice the same belief. I have never heard of a marriage lasting 30 years with both believing something different. Marriage especially in Hollywood seems to mean nothing to them. They swap out of relationships like there is no tomorrow. Funny that if they are really looking for true love that they wouldn't try to find someone not involved in the industry.That doesn't know them. Just a thought.

July 15, 2012 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Bubba Rydel

Mimi.......ahhhh......what a beautiful woman!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Kevin Nivek

Katie is "doing all right?" Of course she is, she's rich. Stupid celebrities and their 1st world problems.

July 9, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  19. moonstarr

Her parenting skills are horrible....she is teaching her daughter to be afraid and insecure by carrying her on the streets of New York with all her junk in tow. This kid is spoiled rotten and has many psych issues already. Every time she goes out with her, it's for ice cream, buying fairy wands, on and on and on...buy buy buy. Teach your child to walk with her head held high. Katie Holmes is an insecure, gold digging, shrewd woman. At the age of 27 she knew EXACTLY what she was doing when she got pregnant and married Tom. Her and her parents have been planning this escape for years.

July 9, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Mik

And I am sure you know Katie Holmes intimately enough that you can assess both her and her daughter with your vast reserve of psychological knowlege. Whoops! You're just another tubby person sitting at your compulter eating Ho-Ho's and leafing through the latest issue of People. Stuff your piehole!

July 9, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  20. alumette

Suri was seen with a pacifier, only a couple of years ago. It is a sign of insecurity which comes from insecure parenting. Parents either too close to the children by not allowing them to spend time with peers or parents that are away often. I think something is bizarre in their parenting which will only get worst as she gets older. The divorce will be difficult for her. Whatever their issues, it is not going to be a happy situation. Katie seems to need controlling men in her life such as Tom or her father now. She did seek him. She should have known what she was getting into. He has a pattern.

July 8, 2012 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maggy

Do you even know them or is all your "psychoanalyzing" just from the comfort of your computer chair? Sounds pretty sad to spend so much time working out what is wrong with someone you don't even know.

July 9, 2012 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Agree

I agree with everything about Suri...I wonder if she is even in school. Homeschooled maybe? Idk, but that poor child looks like she is going to have some major social issues the older she gets

July 11, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Lou Cypher

The second he fertilized her egg, he was on borrowed time. Hope he enjoyed that tang while he had it.

July 8, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  22. L2Design

YEAH KATIE YOU'RE FREEEEEE!!!! Enjoy life :D

July 8, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Marty Mcfly

All she wanted was to be called Katie, not Kate. Tom your a nut.

July 8, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Loki

She is basically a loser. She will fight tooth and nail for Tom's money.

July 8, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  25. David S. Band /Sarasota

Tom is really talented.

July 8, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Leon David Peris

Tom is great.

July 8, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  27. NoDoubt

Hopefully Katie Holmes will now be able to get some friends.

July 8, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  28. liz

I think Katie made the first move because she was concerned what happened to Nicole and her kids would happen to her ad Suri.

July 8, 2012 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  29. andre

Sdo a lot with herhe is adorable no doubt.About her talent as an actress not much.She will never make big money her winning lottery is T.C.Nothing wrong so far.To me Suri get a bad education from her mother.Suri is fortunate to have such a rich father.They said (parents) that Suri is extremly smart for her age.If so why maman Katie doesnt take her to the museum why doesnt hire nannies to learn some foreing language kids at her age are absorbing easily any information.They can do a lot with her instead lipsticks, make-up etc.Where is her childhood?

July 7, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • phronsie

Okay, the poster naming Tom Cruise as T.C - I'm calling this person a Scientologist. Tom Cruise is generally known as T.C. among the Scientology devotees, according to various reports. Also, in general, Scientologists are known for affording their children a generally sub-par education, with studies taking second place to Scientology duties/manual labor, studying their doctrines, and going through long and extensive "auditing' interrogation sessions, so the poorly worded and punctuated post seems to be another sign this poster is a Scientologist. Also, the TC posters seem to adore Tommy, but push hard at demonizing ol' Katie. Luckily, they don't have to read the articles to make their posts, since they are not allowed to read anything negative about their organization or "heretics, whom they call SPs (an example of Orwellian double-speak).

July 16, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Lisa Roberts

I'm surprised she stayed with him that long considering it is well known he has a small 'package' and the other thing he keeps hiding from everyone. Smdh. lol She will do so much better without him career wise now. Has he been jumping on anyone else's couches lately? Such a fkn lame thing to do, so gay.

July 7, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Keller

I disagree – She knew what she was doing – you're looking at a first class gold digger – this is a big dupe – this girl saw the fame and money and went for it. She is just as creepy as some people think Cruise is. This little media pity party for poor Katie is a crock.

July 7, 2012 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • phaedrica

Gay is "cool" now, DYK?

July 15, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Bubba Rydel

I heard that she has a big sloppy package like many middle aged mothers, which is why many of them turn to gorillas for love. If that's what you crave as a ho woman.

July 17, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  31. boredofceleb

"Katie's doing all right." Whew. Well, that's a load off.

July 7, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Wire Winding

It's actually a nice and useful piece of info. I'm happy that you simply shared this useful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

July 7, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Taxed

Absolutely – because our lives have to revolve around this airhead and her creature worshiping ex!

July 7, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Five-Tools

If I was T.C, I would grant her the divorce, pay her the money she wants, let her have custody and say goodbye. Then I would make a joint statement to the media with K.H. that there is nothing else to talk about. Why? Because its not worth the pain or spectacle to go the route this is on. He makes great movies and wil get that money back, his children will always love him and she sounds like a nut-job, not even having enough respect to sit down and talk to him about a divorce regardless of her reasons. I wouldn;t give here any satisfaction to know she is troubling my life. That's my advice Tom, man to man !

July 7, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • A2M

Make her fight for every inch. Which, come to think of it, won't be much of a fight in Tom's case.

July 8, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Analystgirl

I agree 100%

July 11, 2012 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • phronsie

Actually, hopefully, someday his children will understand that he yoked them to a cult; they will probably still love him, but will they forgive him? Good luck, kids, you are going to need it!

July 16, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • bubba rydel

......he's rich. he's powerful and people have accidents.

July 17, 2012 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  34. FarLeft

How would this woman NOT be doing 'OK'? She is rich, she will probably get richer..., 'oh, what pitiful stuff...', let's boo-hoo for the poor, little rich-girl. To the folks who actually care about this drivel.., get a life.

July 7, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  35. Faux

The Media is pathetic.. Not everyone has to have an explosive and exerting party every year.. we're talking about Tom Cruise, not Kylie Kardashian.

July 7, 2012 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  36. Jane Ki

Quote from Tom Cruise: "What do I want? I want a world without war. I want a world without insanity. I want to see people do well. And I don't even think that it's as much of what I want for myself. It's more what I want for the people around me."
    There's a lot of misinformation out there about Tom Cruise. Read his bio, and you'll discover how nice this man is and what a good father he is. A lot of couples don't make it, and it's especially difficult in the entertainment industry. Leave them alone.

July 7, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Bugmenot

bio = propaganda duh

July 7, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • ohreally

Tom may be a nice guy, but he is advocating for a very bad cult like religion, so that negates anything nice about him. Scientology is not a very nice group of people.

July 8, 2012 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
    • analystgirl

II have not read his bio, but he seems like a genuinely nice guy. I don't think much of Kate for not even sitting down like an adult and discussing the impending end of their marriage. She is pathetic. Walk away Tom. Your are missing nothing with Kate gone! And your daughter will always love you.

July 11, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  37. jeff tartt

The fact is...Scientology is a brain washing cult.I will be glad to testify in court what they did and what they tried to do to me.

July 7, 2012 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Mom of Three

I think Katie is pulling the plug just in time. Otherwise her own daughter will be a mindless Xenu autobot like his two older kids. Suri's at the age where they really start ramping up the brainwashing. I hope she gets custody based on the potential emotional abuse she'll get from Daddy's church.

July 7, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buddha2112

A brainwashing cult...just like ALL other religions. TAX ALL RELIGIONS!

July 8, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  38. csddavies

Is it "doing all right" or "doing alright"???

July 6, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Xenu

Run Katie run. Run from the spacemen.

July 6, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  40. lmn

katie isn't getting anything from tom... they signed a prenup. maybe child support later down the road.

July 6, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Xenu

Run Katie Run!!!!!! God, yes god, bless you and your daughter!!!!! Keep the spacemen descendants away.

July 6, 2012 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Solo

Oh, please – this was an arranged marriage in the first place to help Tom Cruise "mainstream" himself and dispute the rumors about him. I'm guessing Katie had a contract for seven years and youngster as part of the multimillion dollar deal. Not bad for a mediocre actress. She can hire nannies and cry herself all the way to the bank.

July 6, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  43. felix el gato

No more "audits".

July 6, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Venkman

This is really going to upset Xenu

July 6, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Zeta411

With millions coming her way, she will be ALRIGHT.

July 6, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

it's not always about money. you can have millions and still be miserable and unfulfilled. i do agree though it's impossible to be happy with no money at all. or, more specifically, without food and shelter. unless you can live with being homeless and hungry always. and some people apparently can. but i agree, once you have the basics, the rest is up to you.

July 6, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  46. walkingfan

Another no-talent who hitched her wagon to a superstar.
    If she were concerned at all with her daugher, she should think about what she's conveying here – lies and secrecy to end her marriage. What will poor Suri take from that?

July 6, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • jesse

It was Tom who was losing his career when they tied the knot. Remember he had to ask her to marry him, not the other way around. He made her turn down roles because of his space alien beliefs. She was the one losing out here, not him, and he was profiting off being married to a younger woman. So yeah, go back to your basement and re-think life.

July 6, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bookenz

Her daughter will take a lot from it-being saved from the cult that is scientology, for one.

July 6, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sheldon

Lies and secrecy to end her marriage? This must be why their divorce proceedings are going to be public, so *anyone* can watch. So much for lies and secrecy eh?

July 6, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • gremlinus

Okay, Cruise is a good actor, but Katie Holmes is not a no-talent. She's way younger than him for one thing so she's still growing and learning. She's never moved me to tears or really taken on "the challenge of a lifetime" but she's far from a no-talent. Get a grip. Cruise isn't god. Or even Xenu.

July 6, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

That her mother did what she had to to protect Suri from a dangerous cult. That's what she'll think. She was surrounded by paid scientology minders who stalked her every move. She had to get away secretly to avoid an "accident" happening to her or something else. Boy, the scientologists are out in full force today, huh? I guess they got Miscavige's missive about flooding the internet.

July 7, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  47. pmn

Best decision she made. She has not done any acting since she married him. Hopefully, he does not put a shadow on it. She is a pretty good actress. I think he changed her. It always appeared to me as an oddball couple and very controlled by Tom. It was so obvious! Tom time to turn away for scientiology it has given you nothing but grief.

July 6, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  48. Mary Ann

I am happy for Katie Holmes and her daughter. No one should be trapped in a bad relationship. I am also happy to see that she has loving and supportive parents - best wishes in this difficult time for all involved.

July 6, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  49. dak

I think Katie was scared to leave! Remember in the beginning when this whole scientology bs started....she looked like crap! Looked terrified all the time. Took her forever, but notice how she did it when he wasnt even in the country....she saw her exit and ran like hell for it! Good for her. Toms a freak

July 6, 2012 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Biff Tannen

rumor has it she had signed a 5 yr marriage contract that should net her $15 mill plus whatever the bonus was for having a child with him – probably another $5-10mill. he sure didn't do her career any good

July 6, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Mom of Three

Did you ever see the Family Guy where the power went out at Tom Cruise's house, and Katie got to escape? Wasn't too far off, I imagine!

July 7, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Teri

I completely agree with you. Scientology or not, Tom is very controlling and I have no doubt she was afraid of him.

July 7, 2012 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  50. QUEENS

I NEW THAT WOULD CATCH YOUR EYE –

July 6, 2012 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  51. HAHAHAHAHAHHA

GO BUG SOMEBODY ELSE MORE YOUR LEVEL..LOSER

July 6, 2012 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  52. Jack (Bee Bop)Clauss

Tom will get things back on the Track.

July 6, 2012 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  53. karen

Katie sounds a little like Kim Kardashian. In my 20s I didn't know anything but in my 30s, I have it figured out. It just took Katie something like 7 years instead of 70 days...

July 6, 2012 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  54. PRINCE

TOM IS REALLY 21 CENTURY KING IN EVERY-WAY!

July 6, 2012 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
  55. Sokman

How come an Australian ginger & one of the whitest guys on the planet's kid is trying to tweet in spanish?

July 6, 2012 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Kelli

His son is adopted and I believe he is of a latino descent. Who cares anyway? I admire a young man standing up for his dad/family.

July 6, 2012 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  56. Aura

It's sad that this kid has to go through this now. I'm sure it will be a long and ugly battle bc Tom and his cult don't seem to like to lose.

July 5, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  57. poorsuri

Let the legal battle over Suri begin...

July 5, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Jack

Hello folks. Everyone is welcome to visit – thestarofkaduri.com

July 5, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  59. mike

Isn't this exactly what we all feared would happen when this union was first reported? Didn't Katie Holmes realize that Tom would want to raise his child as a scientologist with all the bells and whistles? How in name of Xemu could she be that naive?
    It always embarrasses me, as a fan, that the classic science fiction magazines which gave an outlet to writers like Bradbury, Clarke, and Ellison also spawned this utter bloody twit Hubbard. Some of the hard-fought respect we've gained is lessened by the idiot.

July 5, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Linda

Poor Tommy Cruise. Highest paid actor in Hollywood and can't keep a wife. Turns 50 and it's a somber day. I wonder if he is paying attention???? Maybe he will examine his life, make some changes and finally be able to be happy..cause the three women he married don't have good things to say....maybe he just needs to look inward.
    Nah, never happen. He's too arrogant. I hope no one else falls prey to him and his alien freaks.

July 5, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Biff Tannen

as long as he stays in that cult and believes all the crap they push, he's hopeless. I ceased being a fan years ago

July 6, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • ___

I'm sure you're a real treasure to all the men you've slept with.

July 8, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  61. PhilG

Great for you Katie.

Get yourself and those kids as far away from that freakshow as you can.

If Tom wants to regain his own thinking,maybe let him back but wow-you sure waited long enough.

Great to see you did the right thing.

Sunny days ahead,I hope.

July 5, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  62. BuffyBrunswick

Katie is a baller and a shot caller now! Go girl!

July 5, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Billy Robinson

How Katie Holmes Spent the 4th of July:
    -Went to the library to return all of her L. Ron Hubbard books.
    -Watched the fireworks with Suri while standing in a
    custom-built bubble surrounded by 8 bodyguards.
    More at http://www.ItsNotOnTheTest.com