Mini baby boom: Guess which star couples are expecting?
July 5th, 2012

Mini baby boom: Guess which star couples are expecting?

Maybe there's something in the water: two Hollywood couples were celebrating baby news along with Independence Day on July 4.

"Magic Mike" star Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves, who just tied the knot in June, revealed Wednesday that they're expecting baby No. 3.

McConaughey, 42, tweeted, "happy birthday America, more good news, Camila and I are expecting our 3rd child, God bless, just keep livin."

The pair are also parents to daughter Vida, 2, as well as son Levi, who turns 4 this week.

Meanwhile, Claire Danes and husband Hugh Dancy are also getting ready for parenthood, as the two actors are expecting their first child together.

A rep for the 33-year-old "Homeland" actress confirmed the good news to People magazine. A rep involved with production on Showtime's hit series also had some good news for fans: Danes' pregnancy isn't expected to impact work on season 2, which bows on Showtime September 30.

Filed under: Celebrities

« Previous entry
  1. Sarah

It would be fitting if Clare Danes' husband leaves her when she's seven months pregnant. She is the most over-rated actress around and a horrible excuse for a human being.

July 9, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • LA

Sarah: Generally speaking it's people like you who wish ill on strangers and call them poor excuses for human beings that are themselves the poor excuse for a human being.

July 9, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Aud

I agree.

July 29, 2012 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  2. trucker joe

Heck i have so many kiddos from so many different women. I just drive through a town while working and tap some little honey at a truckstop and move on...never to see em again...ah the life of a trucker. I let some other poor b a s t i d raise my many kids..cuz im the og truckstop playa from da himalayas..lol

July 9, 2012 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Themom

You are an idiot and a pathetic excuse of a human being......your rotted man peice should be cut off! To be proud of leaving women with a life time responsibility of raising a child is thoughtless and immature. WOW....

July 10, 2012 at 4:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. LydiaMae

Mini baby boom? What kind of stupidity is that?

July 8, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  4. John Doughboy

Glad all you 'tinsel town people' are becoming parents again or for the first time. My grandmother had ten children a long time ago with a boy the first one and then nine girls followed at later births !! My grandfather was proud, but I think he would like have had another son a long the way.

July 8, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. flashtrum

Oh my goodness how my aynuss puckers over this news! YAY YAY YAYYYY!!!!!!

July 8, 2012 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  6. Phil Harmonica

"Guess who's having a baby" is not a question. Its a command or suggestion. There's no question mark !! WOW, these people are journalists? Knowing punctuation and sentence structure used to be required in elementary school even for those going on to be garbage collectors. Get it together...

July 7, 2012 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Keek

Thank you! Basic writing skills seem to be on an extended holiday.

July 7, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Patty O'Furniture

Get a life.

July 8, 2012 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
    • flashtrum

Let alone we are supposed to be impressed that people that wipe like we do after a movement are somehow also capable of giving birth, like it's something so much more magical because they pretend to be other people for a living.....

July 8, 2012 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Myla

Not excusing the lack of grammar, but you do realize this is a blog, right? Bloggers are not 'journalists' necessarily, just people with something to say. Even here on CNN, they might not be trained writers. However, I do agree that lack of punctuation, correct grammar, and sentence structure is annoying. I tend to be the grammar queen around my house.

July 8, 2012 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • smartest

"Get it together" is a command and should not have an ellipse at the end of that also.

July 8, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  7. UFCW Local 770

STOP Obama's war against Medical Marijuana Patients – Support Local 770 – UFCW

July 6, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ridgerunner1

Why do people read a story then writes "who cares". Obviously you do if you take the time to read it and make the comments. If I am not interested and don't care, I don't read and make the comments!!

July 6, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jomm

I you do not care, why come in this post and make a comment. Stop sounding stupid. If you REALLY do not care about the story,DO NOT POST or come in the post otherwise you sound like a stupid hypocrite.

July 6, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Michael Caliazzzo

Children make this world move.

July 6, 2012 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  11. wendykh

I really love that people reading the entertainment section which generally contains news and gossip about people in the entertainment industry are seemingly upset this is not a story about groundbreaking science, politics, or crime. The 4th btw is NOT a day to honour military service either, that is MEMORIAL DAY. The 4th is to honour the independence of our nation from England. If you're going to crank on him do it right. And who care if it is selfish to have a child? Maybe they *like* children, having them, and raising them? If they adopted people would just b&m about them "buying" babies rather than doing foster to adopt right here in the Good ol' USA. Sheesh. Go eat some cake.

July 6, 2012 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  12. wendykh

July 6, 2012 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  13. Daves

I personally gave Claire Danes the inches that caused her pregnancy. Call the national enquirer.

July 5, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jack

Hello folks. Everyone is welcome to visit – thestarofkaduri.com

July 5, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ann

So really who cares!

July 5, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Theresa

WHO CARES!

July 5, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Smarten Up

"Who Cares?" is a question, not a statement. 2nd Grade material I believe it was.

July 7, 2012 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  17. Solo

I know they have plenty of money to have children (at least I don't have to make my usual rant about welfare moms) but I still don't understand why a child is the new Hollywood accessory. It's silly and selfish.

July 5, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Candace Kane

WHO CARES.....

July 5, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  19. tiredtraveller

So are 13 million other couples in the United States..........so, WFCares? Really!? I had a scrotal injury when I was 12: I think I'll tewwt that. It's like the old saying goes, "Give a monkey a hammer, he uses it as a tool. Give a Matthew McConaughey a hammer, he hurts his fist!". By the way, as your 4th of July announcement, I was expecting to hear which branch of the service you had joined, not got some woman pregnant.....again, a monkey could do that (and obviously did)!

July 5, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Ivette ALVAREZ

CONGRATULATIONS. Children are a blessing!

July 5, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  21. amanda hoover

Omg congrats u guys babies are a beautiful thing in life

July 5, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  22. ktina

Nooooo Matthew...not another one....i wanna have ur baby!!!!!! I'll just have to make it baby #4! lol

July 5, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |