Today's news you might've missed:
- At 50, Tom Cruise is showing no signs of slowing down with his career - and he's not going to let you forget it, seeing as how he's constantly in headlines lately. Behold, the teaser trailer for his upcoming flick based on Lee Child's novel, "Jack Reacher."
- "The Notebook" strikes again! R. Kelly says that the Ryan Gosling weepy with Rachel McAdams helped him realize that his marriage of 12 years was dunzo because it didn't live up to the movie. What's "The Notebook" for, if not for setting unrealistic expectations? [CinemaBlend]
- Kathy Griffin after Anderson Cooper's public acknowledgement that he's gay: "I just want him to be careful." [TheDailyBeast]
- Swag: "Eastbound and Down" will, in fact, return for a season 4. [HBO's Twitter]
- The cover for J.K. Rowling's upcoming novel for adults has arrived and it .... has cursive? That's about all we got from this. Designers and book nerds, have at it at the link: [MTV]
- It's a wrap for Lindsay Lohan's "Liz and Dick." The actress tweeted Tuesday, "Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Also- that's a wrap on "Liz & dick"- thank you to all my fans, crew members, friends & lifetime!" [LiLo's Twitter]
- We've rounded up a-plenty of celebrity reactions, but this one from "Dawson's Creek" alum James Van Der Beek shows just how long-lasting Andy Griffith's career was: