Today's news you might've missed:
- Love the show or hate it, Aaron Sorkin has notched another season of "The Newsroom" on HBO just two episodes in. Oh, and "True Blood" will also be back for season 6. [HBO's Twitter]
- Amidst all of the news from this weekend - D'Angelo performed at an awards show as a certain couple wearing all white looked on; another couple tied the knot in New York as the bridegroom bid farewell to Twitter - you might have forgotten that today is Lindsay Lohan's birthday. The starlet turns 26 today, and reports have it that she was looking happy, carefree and sober as she celebrated her birthday over the weekend. [EW]
- A&E is going directly to series on a sort-of prequel to "Psycho" called "Bates Motel," with Carlton Cuse ("Lost") and Kerry Ehrin ("Friday Night Lights" and "Parenthood") serving as executive producers. The network is skipping right past the pilot stage and has placed an order for 10 episodes.
- Plenty of baby news for today, too: Model/actress Josie Maran gave birth to her second child, a baby girl, on July 1, and actor Josh Lucas and his wife Jessica welcomed their first child, a baby boy named Noah, on June 29.
- We thought Naomi Watts as Princess Diana was a good casting move, and this photo of Watts as the late Princess Di backs us up: [E!]