PETA goes after Olsen twins, calls them 'Trollsens'
June 28th, 2012

PETA goes after Olsen twins, calls them 'Trollsens'

PETA is on the move again, and their latest famous targets are Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, according to E! Online.

The twin fashion designers have raised the ire of the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals with one of their most recent creations, a fur backpack valued at nearly $17,000. (At least it's less expensive than their $39,000 alligator backpack?)

The bag in question is for their luxury fashion line, The Row, and it’s made out of patches of animal fur.

While some fashion insiders may be fans of the furry handbag, PETA decidedly is not.

"If it looks like a troll and acts like a troll, it's probably a Trollsen Twin - or someone wearing one of their new $16,000 totes, which are made from the fur and skins of innocent animals," PETA said in a statement to E!.

"What the Olsens lack in creativity, they try to make up for in shock value," it went on to say. "Sadly, it's the foxes, calves, and alligators—who often have the fur ripped off them while they are still conscious and able to feel pain—who pay the dearest price."

Fashionista and reality show star Rachel Zoe, however, seems to like the look of the purse - her website, The Zoe Report, called it "perfect for pre-fall."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Suzie Q

http://meatisfoodnotmurder.blogspot.com/ PETA needs to be stopped. They are psycho maniacs. Anyone who actually believes that animals are equal to humans should be hospitalized. This site has some good things to say. We have the right to kill, wear, and hunt animals and no person or group should torment, harass, and act like immature middle schoolers about it by calling names like trollsen twins. Honestly!?!?! Yeah sure you shouldn't abuse an animal. But I'm not letting that stop me from eating or wearing animals. They look good, taste good, and feel good. End of story. EAT MEAT!

November 29, 2012 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jillian

This blog is ridiculous...it seems as if the Olsen twin's Public Relations Reps. are out in force here...who else would be defending the unnecessary and cruel use of fur. I'm NOT affiliated with PETA but I believe that it's incredibly cruel and inhumane to create animals just to torture and kill them for money. It's disgusting!! It just shows that these two sisters lack any morals or compassion and that they'll do anything for money and publicity.

By the way, all you beef eaters better beware because mad cow disease (CJD) is coming to the U.S. Several cases have been discovered in both humans and cows within the past year and from what I've read we could have an epidemic in the next few years. You've probably not heard very much about this disease since the beef industry will do anything to prevent this information from reaching the public (since it could affect their earnings). This disease is contracted from the inhumane practice of feeding cows bovine (cow) nervous system tissue (which is thrown out during the butchering process). Just like the beef industry, the Olsen sisters will do anything for money. Pretty disgusting!!

July 3, 2012 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
    • ray

Uhmmm radical animal rights wackjob here.Anyone who buys into PETA or HSUS extremist idealogy needs there head examined.These modern day Taliban are human filth and unless people start taking an active role in wiping this human filth off the planet we are in trouble.This has nothing to do with animal welfare and everything to do with a bunch of urban idiots trying to shove their radical beliefs down everyone elses throats.Talking about self defense in this day of age anyone throwing white powder or blood on another person should be met with gunfire killing tat person.It too bad Kims Kardashians bodyguards didn't shoot and kill the assailant.It seems to me that would be self defense.What if that powder was anthrax.

July 10, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Guest

What do you expect after 20 years of being molested by Bob Saget and John Stamos

July 1, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Me

The issue here has nothing to do with two famous female child actresses. Those of you on here are either in favor of PETA or against it. While I believe that both sides have some logical points, the overall opinion I strongly have is that being a meat eater or not is a choice. If you feel that doing so is wrong, right on, far out, do it up; however, to ridicule the vast majority of the world as being monsters for eating and using animal parts or products sounds mad. Biblically there is examples of both carnivore and herbivore habits and rational for both. Whatever the case, the Olsen Twins are in fashion? If it matters, you could have fooled me. The business tor a $17,000 can't be that great either, so obviously there's more going for them then a patched out backpack.

Last thought: no one here has argued for torturing animals while killing them for their fur or meat. Acting humane seems to be the unspoken norm and accepted form of behavior. For the people who skin animals alive, seek medical or mental help promptly.

July 1, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • ray

Oh what a crock.Who the hell skins an animal alive? NO ONE.That is the biggest bunch of radical animal rights BS I have ever heard.PETA is a terrorist organization that needs dismantled and their leaders imprisoned or executed.

July 10, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dave

oceanluvver2
    PETA does crazy stuff sometimes, but they always get their message out-kudos to them, many people are too afraid to say what is really on their mind, unless they coward up and do it anonymously here. They draw attention and that is their best form of getting a message across.-–

Oh, the irony is killing me! LMAO So your name on your birth certificate says "oceanluvver2", eh? ROFL The precious Bible you love to quote says some things about people in glass houses throwing stones, doesn't it?

Oh, I seem to recall the Bible saying eating meat is okay, too. Such as Genesis 9:3 "Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything." Oh, and Romans 14: As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only plants. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ..."

Gotta love hypocritical Christians :)

July 1, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Paul Rutledge

PETA is too liberal.

July 1, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Michael Calaizzo

Bill Mahrer and PETA can be fanatics.

July 1, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. twin1994

PETA is a scam.....I was always a closet contributor.....often embarrassed by their tactics...but I so love elephants....When I contacted them about stopping the permit for the Indians allowing them to k ill two American Bald Eagles.....they did nothing!!!!! They are a self serving politically driven organization and have selective animal protection. They are nothing by BS.

STOP DONATING TO PETA!

July 1, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  9. Reality

I understand that animal rights groups such as PETA are always happy to add a celebrity endorsement to their group, thus capturing more attention from the general public, who oftentimes pathetically follow whatever their favorite star(s) are doing. But it`s funny to me how willing PETA is to turn a blind eye to other offenses just to get a celebrity on-board with one cause.

I`m lost how an animal rights group as broadly defined as PETA can accomplish anything because for every anti-fur star they recruit, these very same stars wear leather/suede and eat meat/chicken/fish. And vice versa. And these stars change their `morals` with the coming of the tide.

If the Olsen twits stopped using fur for their products, but still consume animal flesh, is that ok as far as PETA is concerned?

July 1, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  10. hothunter

love the twins and their work withfur

July 1, 2012 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  11. Jeff

TO: zoe0010, once the Olsen ladies start having human hair or skin in/one their products then I might start calling them possible cannibals but I'll really need to wait until they have a fresh bowl of human chunks. Because you see, calling them "cannibals" means that they eat human, that is clearly not in this story. Please don't use words that you don't know the meaning too.

July 1, 2012 at 5:55 am | Report abuse |
  12. peacemonger

Twin freaks

June 30, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Nameless

What is my dominatrix gonna wear if there's no leather?

June 29, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mauve123

Maybe people would hail their designer skills if they (since they live in NYC) would use "available fur" for their designs. New York late night comedians are always commenting on the large rats that NYC seems to have in abundance . See problem solved! The girls would be the "first" to sell Rat fur coats. In the 1950s there were fur designers using Skunk fur. It looked fine until the coat wearers got caught in the rain on a Spring day. The Skunk coats had a certain strange and somewhat unpleasant scent.

June 29, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ackerst67

Animals eat animals, fish eat other fish, whales eat seals and dolphins but yet its bad for humans to eat other animals? We are just part of the animal kingdom, get over it. If god didn't want us to have steak, he wouldn't have made it taste so good.

June 29, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  16. animalfan

I LOVE animals, I HATE fur but I think PETA is outrageous. I do, however, think they serve a purpose in bringing these issues to light. I just wish they weren't such extremists...maybe people would listen then.

June 29, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Yum

Too bad they actually create some of the "issues" they "bring to light" to shock and disgust people then claim that it was justified to make a point. Hypocrites.

June 29, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  17. Techno Viking

Oh, who to root for in this debate? PETA is one of the least likeable activist groups out there and the Olsen twins are washed up child stars with lots of money. Tell you what, I'll just sit back here with my burger, on my leather couch, watch reruns of Full House and let the trolls debate this online

June 29, 2012 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  18. EffOff

Hey PETA – I eat meat and I like it!!!

June 29, 2012 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Capetown

Hey, EffOff – maybe you wouldn't like meat so much if you had to watch what animals go through being slaughtered. And if you saw how often the carcasses fell off the hooks and in to the fecus & urine on the floor it would repulse you knowing you that you are consuming bodily waste.

June 29, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  19. rob

they should know better

June 29, 2012 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  20. ...blah,blah,blah

I got a pair of alligator shoes for my birthday this year and I love them.

June 29, 2012 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  21. Yum

I'm a member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals. I support their group multiple times daily.

June 29, 2012 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  22. Me`

i LIKE FUR AND i LIKE MEAT AND i HATE PETA

June 29, 2012 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
    • TK

I HATE FUR, I HATE MEAT, I LOVE PETA. Taking fur off precious animals is absolutely disgusting....WTH kind of world do we live in – I am beyond ashamed of the human race. ANIMALS are NOT ours to take. Animals are needed to move seeds around the world.....killing our animals, means killing ourselves. WAKE UP.

June 29, 2012 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Yum

TK, that's why they are farmed, duh.

There's countless farms that do nothing but breed, raise, and slaugher animals for meat or fur. I doubt that is hurting the ability of wild animals to move seeds.

June 29, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  23. Martimar

While I personally don't have the urge to wear fur and I certainly hate mistreatment of animals, I hate PETA far, far more. In fact, if you want to watch an entertaining show that shows how messed up PETA is, check out the PETA episode of Penn and Teller's... Even they said that they knew that PETA was messed up, but they didn't realize how much until they looked into it.

June 29, 2012 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
    • BB in CA

I don't expect PETA to be perfect. I do appreciate all the things they do to protect animals from abuse. You have to unite to get things done. Things would be so much worse for the animals w/o PETA.

June 29, 2012 at 4:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Capetown

I'm all for the wonderful work Peta does. Peta gets things done. I'm a happy vegatarian for 32 years now and am much healthier for it. Down with the Olsen twins supporting the animal fur trade. It's barbaric. I would be ashamed to wear fur.

June 29, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  24. zoe0010

I've read some of the comments about killing animals and wearing them such as squirrels for underwear and it saddens me and scares me at the same time. That is the brain of a very disturbed individual. Hate PETA all you want, but sooner or later the Vegans and Vegetarians will be the majority. You freaking cannibals!

June 29, 2012 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
    • ???

Vegans and vegitarians will NEVER be in the majority... Not that many people are stupid enough to deprive their bodies the foods that we have thrived off of for thousands of years. And before you go sling ing insults around, you might want to pick your words a little more carefully... A 'canibal' is a species that feeds off of its own species (i.e. when a male grizzly bear eats a grizzly cub), the people you are calling cannibals are referring to eating animals (not people), which would make them carnivores, but since people have veggies in their diets as well, this would then qualify them on omnivores. The best thing about people such as yourself is that you are so passionate in your misguided beliefs that you lose all ability to form rational thoughts and put them on paper without making yourself sound like an uneducated dolt.

June 29, 2012 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  25. Trevor

Watch Tim Gunn, the fashion guru's UTube clip. The fur industry supports the animals being skinned alive or anally electrocuted so they can use as much of it intact as possible. Its not so much about killing animals, but the WAY they are killed while screaming & watching each other being killed. The twins made over $100 million w/their empire last year. Its greed & they don't care about ANYONE or ANYTHING that has feelings. Evil is evil.

June 29, 2012 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Ray

O h bullsh!t get off youtube and join the world .Skinning animals alive? Yeah right? Nothing like dealing with a biting ,kicking and screaming furball.What a bunch of RADICAL EXTREMIST animal rights propaganda.Nothing worse then a rotten stinking radical animal rights wackjob.

July 10, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  26. S.

Anyone who wears fur, or finds it perfectly fine to do so, needs to get freaking skinned alive so they know how it feels. It saddens me to see that such ignorant people exist in this world.

June 28, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Just Sayin'

I'm so offended at the Twins' action that I went and choked my chicken at the thought of it. CHOKED IT, I say, until the white snot came out.

June 28, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  28. ValP

Leave the twins alone. Most comments appear to be out of jealousy on how well they have done. You would be weird too (although I don't find them weird, merely classy young women that do their own thing), if you started in entertainment at 8 mos old. Leave the girls alone. They have done nothing wrong here. They are designers. Until PETA confirms that every member does not eat any living thing, they cannot judge others. Plants have feelings just as butterflies, spiders, birds, cows, etc. Even tiny bacteria is some sort of living thing. You can become a fanatic about anything.

June 28, 2012 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • oceanluvver2

no one is jealous is these two losers. ANYONE who would wear fur is beyong help. The fur industry is just as cruel as the meat industry is and until people start caring about other living creatures they way they care about the reflection in their mirrors, these atrocities will continue. Anyone who wears or uses leather, fur, other other skins is a heartless, soulless person. You will have to answer in another life and karma is a bit**.

June 28, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • zoe0010

It's an opinion and everyone has one. I share no empathy with those that are cruel with animals. Plus, no jealousy, these girls have been a mess for years. If you believe in Animal cruelty well shame on you!

June 29, 2012 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  29. Peta Sux

PETA are a bunch of bullies. I'm going to buy some squirrel skin underwear today.

June 28, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • oceanluvver2

you are just jealous you don't have the balls to stand up for other living creatures other than your own sorry kind. humans suck, most of them anyways....

June 28, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ugh

@oceanluvver2... You are a moron... You are sitting there preaching how animal products are so evil, yet you and your litter of little morons are probably enjoying pefect health. Health that has been provided by the use of animals in our lives, be if for food, medicine, or technological advances. How about this... Take off your Nike clothing/shoes. Those items were produced by a five year old in a third world country for pennies per day. But why would you care, those things only involved the exploitation of children, not something that is 5 pegs below us in the food chain with fur. I hope you are forced to live with a pig heart in you for the rest of your worthless life.

June 29, 2012 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
    • hothunter

Come over to montana and we will hook you up with a fawn jacket and some beaver gloves

July 1, 2012 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  30. jEN

It's sad that either people don't know or what's worse they don't care that 40 animals are cut up WHILE ALIVE to make one coat. I find it repulsive. Fake fur looks just like the real thing. Why do humans want to make animals suffer SO bad?

June 28, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • hothunter

why not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=)

July 1, 2012 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Maureen

I agree with you and God bless the people who see nothign wrong with this because they are very sick individuals

July 1, 2012 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
    • ray

OMG jEN are you that incredibly stupid or do you work at it?.Jeez ever been outside a city park you moron.

July 10, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  31. ugh

PETA is nothing more than a misguided group of lemmings. I hope a bear attacks one of them... See if they want to save Knut then!

June 28, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  32. MMM

PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS! I LOVE IT

June 28, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Seamusgirl

What a complete lack of maturity and class! I dont like fur products either but I feel more can be done that choosing "psuedo-pithy" word play on a last name does a darned thing. Nut up or shut up PETA!

and yes the girls are a wee bit odd.

June 28, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • oceanluvver2

June 28, 2012 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Irishaha

Jeez, speak normal American English you twit! The usual "wee bit odd" trolling on the internet seeking attention

June 29, 2012 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  34. made-from-monkees

i sympathise with PETA but disown their extreme antics ... although i must admit to enjoying any backlash against the troll twins ... they are a couple of creepy one-percenters

June 28, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  35. olsen twins are scary

The Olsen twins are really creepy and unapproachable these days. I'm just sayin'...

June 28, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Madtown

Not a PETA supporter in general, but I always side with anyone that makes fun of the Olsen Twits. What a dual-nightmare.

June 28, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  37. derp

They'd make hot little twoofer.

June 28, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Snorlax

Name calling. Classy.

Typical though of anyone aligning themselves with the far left parrty of hate.

June 28, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

Peta calls the Olsen twins the Trollsens.

Rush Limbaugh calls a Georgetown Law student a w h o r e, s l u t, p r o s t i t u t e and s k a n k.

I'm no fan of peta, or the Olsens, or even liberals for that matter. But to suggest the left is more hate filled than the right is a joke.

June 28, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  39. jillmarie

OMG- Remember the Troll Dolls that were a huge trend in the 90's? Well, I always said they looked like the Olsen twins! Back then they did, LOL! I think the headline is hysterical.
    I'm anti-fur and a longtime vegetarian. I'm not some extremist who attacks others for wearing fur or anything, though. Maybe this can be a wake-up call, fur is cruel and actually, faux fur is more cuddly and easier to care for. I hope they stop making these ridiculous coats.
    I'm sure others may disagree, and that's fine. Just my humble opinion.

June 28, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Branden

Yeah I am not so much down for the fur, and leather really only looks good when it is a jacket. But I do love eating meat, especially pork! But seriously have considered trying our being a vegan for a month. Just to see what it does for my energy levels and see how it makes me feel. Being vegan is EXPENSIVE though! lol

June 28, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Mr Hand

I'll be their backpacker.

June 28, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Richard

I would be impressed if these twins can rip the fur off an alligator!! I cant believe I used to be a member of this stupid extremist group!!! They just want to make waves!!

June 28, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  42. holdem

I love how PETA calls them "innocent animals". Well where can we find foxes, calves and gators that are not so innocent? If there is no such thing as a guilty animal, then there's no such thing as an innocent one.

June 28, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • oceanluvver2

hey idiot-they are innocent in relationship to the human world. There is absolutely no reason for animals to be made into anything-not even meat. We don't need it to survive. We are past the times of Indians and settlers. They are living their lives in their manner and then cruelly taken from that life and turned into something as ridiculous as a backpack! Really, these two losers can't find something good and positive to do for the world?? God loves all creatures, not ones who abuse them. At least I won't be seeing most of the idiots on this page beyond this world. Have a nice after life in hell-with your backpack and the trollsons.

June 28, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Branden

UGH!!! Peta is such a JOKE!!! They all need to get a freakin life. Animals were put on this earth to eat and wear! They're oh so delicious and oh soooooo comfy!!! lol

June 28, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kay

Amen to that! I love animals and I don't wear fur but I get sick of them "going after" people. Mind your own business, PETA!

June 28, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • oceanluvver2

your cruelty is astounding!! I'll be waiting to see you on the next episode of lockup. until then, karma is a beyotch. be careful....

June 28, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  44. bob

I'll wear fur and leather...but only if it came from an animal that was being put up for slaughter.

June 28, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • oceanluvver2

hey bob-just supporting another cruel industry. why not find your heart, go vegetarian and wear things not made out of animals. easy to do, just try it.

June 28, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |