Justin Bieber's 'Believe' year's biggest debut
June 27th, 2012

Justin Bieber's 'Believe' year's biggest debut

Justin Bieber has not only notched his fourth No. 1 album with his June release, "Believe," but he's also earned the title of the year's biggest debut, Billboard reports.

Selling 374,000 copies in its first week, Bieber's album surpassed Madonna's first week sales of "MDNA," which tallied 359,000.

(The best sales week overall goes to Adele, who sold 730,000 copies of "21" in the week after her big performance at the Grammys.)

Those who purchased "Believe" will get to hear a song called "Maria," which Bieber's admitted addresses that paternity saga he was embroiled in months ago.

"Maria" takes aim at 20-year-old Mariah Yeater, who brought a paternity case against the singer back in November. The suit has since been dropped.

Bieber explained that he just wanted to do something "a little shcoking" during an appearance on Bethenny Frankel's new talk show, "Bethenny."

“It was something that I’d been feeling and wanted to tell people," the 18-year-old singer said. "Because at the end of the day, you know things happen and I don’t get to really talk about it. People twist my words.”

And his words are quite clear: on "Maria," he sings, “That ain’t my baby, that ain’t my girl,” followed by, “Why are you trying to lie girl when I ain’t never met you at all.”

“I’m really able to explain my side of the story,” he added.

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. kate

Justin bieber is so cute

July 11, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Eliseoe Polians

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing somewhat evaluation on this. And he in actual fact purchased me breakfast as a result of I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If doable, as you grow to be expertise, would you thoughts updating your blog with more particulars? It's highly useful for me. Big thumb up for this blog publish!

July 4, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  3. Ally

LOOOOOOOVE him.

Bielibers!! This radio station is giving away a chnace to see Justin in Miami!!! -> https://www.facebook.com/#!/1053hitmusic

July 2, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. devonie

I'm a huge fan of Bieber. I'm not 14. I'm a musician, artist and 41 year old professional with a lot of industry experience and insight. Love him or not, the kid is a super talent and marketing genius. He's a fighter. Most of his fight has been against people who have admittedly never even listened to him or know anything about him other than what the locker room contingent of bullies have infused and perpetuated among one another. Guys (largely) haven't been into him because he's thus far been a teen pop idol (hearthrob) which is instantaneously abhorrent to most males, as it's a concept not understood. That's okay. Respecting him as an artist and recognizing glaringly obvious talent isn't the same as buying pull-out posters in TEEN magazine and hanging it on your wall. In addition to his success as a pop star, he's an incredible philanthropist and venture capitalist. Bieber has accomplished more in 3 years than most will ever accomplish (or even get close to) in their entire life. It makes sense why there's so much disdain for him among men who were popping zits and flipping burgers at 18. The kid has been at it since he was VERY young; his music is appropriately growing with him. He's got lots of credibility in the industry among artists who know how hard it is and what it takes. This new album is crossing over into more male-friendly territory because it sounds like more legit R&B instead of pure first-love bubble gum pop (which is also fine, but admittedly not for everyone) – This is his 4th number one album and he's 18. That's nuts. Most of the hate toward Bieber is rooted in jealousy. He is living the dream. I don't know any guy who doesn't want a collection of cars from West Coast Customs, a gorgeous (famous) girlfriend, high-rolling friends, multi-millions, a mansion in LA and an army of devoted followers. He's got more pull through social media than anyone overall and has his hand in investments all over the place. At some point NOT at least respecting Bieber just becomes ignorance at it's finest, regardless of your musical preferences. If you don't like him as a pop star, at least appreciate his position and how difficult it's been to get there.

June 28, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. MarqueeSuxs

Justin Bieber takes his boyfriends dick up his ass every night! One load after another!

June 28, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Darrell

My oldest daughter is definitely a fan. Even though I poke fun at the young man when I'm messing with her and calling him Justin Beaver or something I have to admit the guy can sing. Congrats on the success and hope it keeps going while you maintain a level head as much as possible. While it is no entertainers responsibility to be a role model it ends up being the case none the less far too many times for them to ignore it.

June 28, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dave

he's no Joe Bonnamassa.

June 28, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

My kids got me his live at Albert Hall for xmas. Joe B is as it good as it gets right now. Funny that people on this blog actually consider that feminine little t w a t Bieber to be talented, but they have probably never even heard of Bonnamassa

June 28, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dave

Most of you are a bunch of whining babies, jealous of someone else's success. Bieber is a super-talent that isn't going away anytime soon. He can sing, dance, play multi instruments and YES, to the one moron above, he DOES write his own material – try to have some knowledge before posting your whiney drivel.

I'm a middle age man who grew up loving AC/DC, Led Zep, Kiss, Aerosmith, etc, yet I am not tone-deaf and I can hear talent when it's there and trust me, The Biebs has the talent.

You whiners are the same wusses who love to jump on the lets-hate-Nickelback bandwagon, without ever hearing more than one or two songs on the radio. It's easy to hate and follow like sheep.

Grow up you pansies, Justin Bieber is the sh!t!!

June 28, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Rolyat

Sounds like you have a crush on a little boy.

June 28, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

The fact that you placed AC/DC, Led Zep, Kiss, Aerosmith in the same post as Bieber demands that you hand over your man card immediately.

Seriously, did you just compare four ROCK legends to a prepubescent falsetto pop dork?

June 28, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nameless

No sir it's people like you who call Bieber talented that are the sheep, blindly following bubble gum pop superstars thrust down your throat by the corporate music machine. Anyone with ears can tell he sucks.

June 28, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. olmick

Go boy, go!!! Enjoy yourself!!!
    Some people just envy for your success, don't pay attention to them at all.
    Good luck in everything!!!!

June 28, 2012 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

"Some people just envy for your success"

And some of just think he's a sniveling little f a g.

June 28, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  10. beebz sucks rooster

Miley Cyrus and the beebz....What a musical legacy from this brain dead generation. Throw in a side of Katy Perry and poof, a streaming pile of dung.

I'll take Nirvana, Pearl Jam, STP, and Sublime any day.

June 28, 2012 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  11. MarqueeBlogSucksAss

The Marquee Blog is really reaching new lows. I would rather sit on the toilet all day with the Diarrhea, than read about this little nerd! Then a bunch of middle age hags come on hear squeeling about how he makes their va-jay-jay's all wet!

Bieber sucks!

June 28, 2012 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  12. lilninb

Thats part of life pals

June 28, 2012 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  13. Margomenot

Margaret- WHO Gives a F-u-(k??? I'm glad you're s.natch got wet over a little boy, as you and your coworkers ran to see this little dork. Did you have to change your pads when you got back to the office?? Seriously- How stupid. A great way to start the day? Really?

June 28, 2012 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  14. Hmmmmm

Just tried to listen to the song "Maria" and could only take about thirty seconds of it.

June 28, 2012 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  15. My Comment

4 # 1 albums?

June 28, 2012 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  16. Justin Bieber

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you for making me rich despite my complete lack of talent. It's pretty amazing that my auto-tuned, poorly written music has come this far. Not to mention that all of my songs/music are written by someone else. I think for my next album I might fart into a microphone and see how it sells. I know it would atleast be in the top ten because lets be honest, you'd probably buy it.

June 28, 2012 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  17. Tim

Boy, the artistry of his words really gets my muse going. I wish I could write songs with such subtle meanings and nuanced expressions. Wait, I can...

June 28, 2012 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  18. Christina

By far Believe is a more mature album and frankly not surprised that it is selling. He is an amazing kid that has a great voice and dont think he is going to fizzle out anytime soon. His voice on this album puts me in mind of Michael Jackson, especially on the song Maria. The whole album has a Jackson sound. Great album, great writing. and a great Mom he has to keep him humble. Hes been in the biz since he was 12, if he were going to fizzle into teen pop star graveyard, it would have happened already. He keeps making albums like Believe and selling out 2 shows at MSG in 30seconds he will be around for a very long time.

June 28, 2012 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Averageguy79

Seriously? Are you really that stupid?

June 28, 2012 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

What a dunce. Yeah, he'll be around for a while. Maybe 15 minutes or so. I bet you though the new kids on the block would keep selling out shows as well.

He sucks, and when you reach puberty you will realize it.

June 28, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  19. john

Hate may win some battles but love wins in the end, stop spreading the hate.

June 28, 2012 at 4:16 am | Report abuse |
  20. Bex Drono

He's developing rather well for a butch lesbian.

June 28, 2012 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
  21. Pooh boy

I don't hate him. Just had too much for dinner...

June 28, 2012 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  22. Katie

All of you posting negative comments should stop. if you dont like justin bieber you shouldnt have even come to this page. He obviously has talent or he wouldnt sell records. he is a very talented person and millions of people love him. How can you hate him if you dont even know him??? He doesnt deserve your hate. He did nothing to you.

June 28, 2012 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Hey

I would give anyone 10 dollars to punch him in the face.

June 28, 2012 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Hwy

What are you katie, 14? You'll understand when your older how ridiculous you were 10 years from now.

June 28, 2012 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
    • The Anti-Bieber

Katie, we come on here because Justin Bieber represents what is wrong with music today. You are too young too understand what real music is if you like the Beebz. There are hundreds of better artists out there that get no play because they refuse to sell themselves out or be groomed and packaged to make a bunch of marketing people rich. We come here to laugh about what utter cr@p his music is because we can. Beebz can only be cute for so long and then he's gone.

June 28, 2012 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Ava

Dear Katie, get over yourself. I'm sure you can find a better lesbian to idolize.

June 28, 2012 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

"He obviously has talent or he wouldnt sell record"

Milli Vanilli sold records too. Selling records is no measure of talent. Beiber sucks, he is noting more than transgendered little f a g. When his fans reach puberty and realize how much a complete wussy he is, his 15 minutes will be up.

June 28, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  23. Pooh boy

I must poop now.

June 28, 2012 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  24. OhLord

Lol shcoking

June 28, 2012 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  25. Sokman

You & your co-workers ran down to the Today show to meet Justin... The fact you have a job & refer to all the teenagers leads one to guess you're a grown woman. A sad, pedophilic, grown woman. I bet you have a Jonas Brother purity ring too

June 27, 2012 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  26. az

Why people so worry about kids

June 27, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  27. sultana

my niece is soooo totally in love with this boy and frankly i dont see y . he like 90 % girl and 10% boy

June 27, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  28. sultana

i thought he was a girl

June 27, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Howard the Duck

I thought he'd told his side before... The song is sorta redundant for what he's been saying. He's just a kid who's being overly publisized, and soon he'll fizzle out.

June 27, 2012 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Central Scrutinizer

10 years from now, he"ll be in a former star support group with David Cassidy & Danny Bonaduce.

June 27, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Who Cares

Yawn, just a little boy.

June 27, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alex

Justin Biebers Amazing!!! ..All You Haters Are Just Jealous coz You Cant Be As Talented As Justin Bieber Is ..He Is Hot He Can Sing .He Can Plaay Instruments .He Can DanceHe Didn't Go To Any Lessons He Was Born With All This Talent. I Will Be Supporting Justin Forever Always. I really adiremd him when me and my friend were able to talk to him on the phone thru a tv show. and you know what he sent us his phone number. im sharing it in my channel guys, only fans can get it.

August 11, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  32. JZ

Wuss.

June 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Margaret

my co-workers and i ran down to the today show to meet justin...the teenagers were crazy, all of NY was crazy to meet him, even the executives in NY met him....we had a fun morning and a great way to start the day!

June 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • So Fu(king What

You are part of the reason the beebz is so famous without deserving it. Get over the little wuss.

June 27, 2012 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • MarqueeBlogZ

Margaret,
      Go buy yourself a very heavy duty dild-o, and give yourself a nice long hard bang.
      Your starting to sound like a pedophile. Chasing down little boy bieber like that!

June 28, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |