Trailer Park: Tyler Perry in 'Alex Cross'
June 26th, 2012

Trailer Park: Tyler Perry in 'Alex Cross'

Tyler Perry is known for making audiences laugh as his character "Madea," but the director/producer/actor's latest role in "Alex Cross" is no laughing matter.

Based on James Patterson's novel "Cross," Perry plays the movie's titular detective/psychologist, a character previously portrayed by Morgan Freeman.

In the new trailer for the film, 42-year-old Perry is seen facing off against Matthew Fox's gaunt, chilling serial killer, who is "fascinated by pain."

When Fox's Picasso takes his fascination and applies it to the family of Perry's Dr. Cross, the detective vows to stop him at any cost.

"Alex Cross" arrives in theaters October 10.

Filed under: movies • Trailer Park

1. Alex Cross

Its like you learn my thoughts! You seem to know a lot about this, such as you wrote the e-book in it or something. I feel that you just can do with some % to drive the message home a bit, however instead of that, this is magnificent blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

November 5, 2012 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  2. suzi2685

I love all of Tyler Perry's works, he is very talented, he makes me laugh so hard, I think he will do a good job in this role, although i hope he keeps up with the comedy, he was born for it!!

September 13, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  3. write2ap

It looks good. I am so glad they did not get Denzel. He is too old for the part and he seems too arrogant. Alex Cross is likeable, so I wanted a likeable guy for the role. I wasn't sure about casting Tyler Perry but he looks like he has a handle on the part. I like Tyler Perry when he is not playing Medea. I hope the film does well and Tyler decides to retire Medea forever. I know that will never happen but a person can dream. Also, Matthew Fox looks totally badass!

July 2, 2012 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  4. Yadomaru

Were Denzel Washington and Idris Elba too busy? As a fan of the Alex Cross series – I am really disappointed. I'm hoping Mr Perry proves me wrong and nails this role.

June 28, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Michael Calaizzo

Tyler Perry is a big time star.

June 28, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. TLo

Tyler Perry is a complete joke, his shows are awful ,he certainly can't act....this movie will be awful. Morgan Freeman is light years ahead of this guy in playing this role, who comes up with these ideas to put Tyler Perry in a movie??

June 28, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • not required

dude jus dont watch it nd nobody asked yhu for yhur OPINION i dont see yhu comin out with a movie so stay in yo place

September 12, 2012 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  7. 1twinsfan

Rachel Nichols is in it. That's all I need.

June 27, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. dewitt

All of u with the negative comments, check your bank account then think about tyler's, okay, times up. Now do any of you see how he feels about your comment. Keep the negativity to your self. He worked and got his, so now you all do the same or just keep your dumb remarks to urself. AMEN

June 27, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Keith

I bet you're just the kind of person who says, "The rich are trying to keep us down!" Now you tell people because Tyler Perry has a bigger bank account, we should keep opinions to ourselves.

June 27, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  9. happybooker

Read the books! I love Morgan Freeman but he is as much Alex Cross and Tom Cruise is Jack Reacher. Cross is described in the books as incredibly handsome (which Morgan, God luv him, isn't). Idris Elba would have probably been awesome. Didn't know he was up for the role but Tyler is closer to the written version than Morgan (who was way too old for the part as well.)

June 27, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  10. TPFAN

Personally Im looking forward to seeing him in a more serious role. I loved him as the husband of a drug addict in "Diary of a Mad Black Woman". I love all of his plays and movies but I would love to see him portray this role. People judge him because of the "Madea" character and are not willing to give Tyler Perry a chance.

June 27, 2012 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  11. derp

Tried to watch one of his Madea movies this weekend. I wish there were a word that was stronger than "sucks", so I could use it to describe that garbage.

He owes me an hour. I will never ever watch anything that talentless hack ever appears in again.

June 27, 2012 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  12. Joseph

Perry will probably do a good job,But still,He's no Morgan Freeman.

June 27, 2012 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  13. pjc722

Sorry, Tyler Perry as a lead in this flick ruins it for me. He isnt the best. I will wait for free on demand for this one.

June 26, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. iggles20

There's no way Idris Elba should have been removed from this project for Tyler freaking Perry. It's a travesty.

June 26, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. pitt04

Tyler Perry is so talented and he has blessed so many others. This movie looks incredible.

June 26, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |