Holly Robinson Peete shows support for Ann Curry
June 26th, 2012

Holly Robinson Peete shows support for Ann Curry

Ann Curry has at least one empathetic celebrity willing to back her as rumors regarding her employment on "Today" continue to circulate.

Holly Robinson Peete, who was publicly relieved of her co-hosting duties with “The Talk” last year, jumped on Twitter to give Curry a social media hug following unconfirmed reports that NBC may be planning to replace Curry ASAP.

"Wishing Ann Curry so much luck in her future," the 47-year-old actress wrote on Monday. "Tough to be replaced so publicly after so many years... Good Luck Ann!"

Attached to Peete’s message of support was a link to a story that originated with the New York Post, which indicated on Monday that NBC is allegedly planning on paying Curry $10 million to vacate her morning show chair. CNN has reached out to NBC for comment on the reports.

Actress and media personality Peete understands what Curry might be going through, if reports are true, as Peete herself was let go from CBS' "The Talk" last September after just one season. At the time, she called the circumstances around her dismissal painful.

"Usually when you get fired, your boss brings you in, sits you down and tells you why they can't keep you," Peete told the Hollywood Reporter about the speculation that swirled before the ax fell. "They say we have to downsize or you're not doing this, you're not doing that. I was never given that opportunity."

Although a potential ouster hasn't been confirmed, Curry has acknowledged the show's poor ratings. In the August issue of Ladies’ Home Journal, she says, "You worry, 'Am I not good enough? Am I not what people need? Am I asking the right questions?' When people say negative things or speculate, you can't help but feel hurt."

Curry has worked for 15 years on "Today," and was promoted from news desk to co-anchor in June 2011 when Meredith Vieira left the show. NBC has yet to respond to requests for comment on the speculation.

« Previous entry
  1. Center for Autism and Related Disorders

Love the work that Holly Robinson Peete does. She's a great advocate for autism and a mom that we should all take notes from. Loved seeing her on Autism Live today! http://autism-live.com/

July 25, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  2. mary t

Good luck Ann Curry and leave that sinking ship NBC altogether.

July 12, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. talamore1948

Matt is the proble. Cold fish.

July 9, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Betty Hunter

I always love Ann on the show. What NBC was thinking I don,t know, but letting her go was a big mistake. And the way the whole dismissal was handled. This was the only morning show I watched, not anymore.

July 12, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Patty

I said when Ann leaves I will never watch the show again and I haven't after 10 years.. They made a BIG mistake letting Ann go she was not the problem, I'm sure they will fine that out when the rating go down even more after Ann is gone. Matt is the problem!

July 6, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
    • bill

Ann was great for the show,and one of the finest journalist today hate to see her go, where ever she go, she will land on her feet. I will never again watch the today show. SO LONG ANN WILL MISS YOU ....

July 11, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. JD

Ok, is there something I'm missing. I've seen the tearful goodbye and I'm aware that Ann Curry is not only getting 10 million dollars and is still going to work for NBC on some other assignment. What am I missing here? My work can give me 10 million dollars and they don't even have to give me another job and there will be no tears either or goodbye speeches.

July 2, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  6. Cynthia Whitaker

Big mistake for NBC!! I have already switched to another morning show! Glad to see and read that Ann has so many fans! We all can't be wrong! I will watch Ann on specials but not the Today Show in the morning!!

June 30, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Linda

I agree that management just got rid of the best, most articulate, serious newsperson on the show. Also the person with the best charisma except maybe Al. While the others are nice as part of a chatty fluffy morning show, there is now no solid
    core. Ann had become the focal point. I even thought that Ann had become lead anchor. I understand why Matt would be resentful because Ann was more dynamic. Probably a better decision for Ann than the network.

June 29, 2012 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  8. Helen Cenzi

Im so disappointed that NBC didn't have the vision to see what was going on. You had lower ratings because GMA has Josh and Lana. They're quick, witty, energenic and oh so likeable.
    Matt Lauer is in love with himself. Al is getting tired and Natalie and Savanah are lacking what it takes to be co-hosts.
    Why didn't NBC ask the people instead of making a decision that makes no sense and won't change anything. I'll be watching ABC from now on.

June 28, 2012 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. JMo

Good Luck to Ann she obviously is better than Management at NBC.. Ann will rise to the challenge and come out a better person for this. What we should not forget is that NBC is 51% owned by Comcast 51% and 49% owned by GE. I will now be watching GMA for my news, changing my internet and cable carrier, and staying away from anything GE which is a lot from a consumer standpoint. The real loser here will be these companies.

June 28, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  10. gahh

For 10 million dollars, they could fire me, shoot me out of a cannon, whatever because I would still be laughing all the way to the Bank.

June 28, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. D. Bertrand

Ann Curry will be missed! I have been a viewer of theToday Show for years and find and Roker and Matt are the ones that didn't have chemistry with Ann. Wish Ann Curry the Best and yes, I'll be watching another news channel!!!!!

June 28, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Name*Nina

I will truly miss Ann. GOOD LUCK IN ALL YOU DO... Don't look back... ONLY LOOK FORWARD... Lots of love
    Nina

June 28, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Roe

Ann Curry is a class act, a gifted journalist, and a compassionate human being.
    I am done with NBC and Today. Ann, there are great things awaiting you with your endless talents.
    You have touched many, many lives, believe that.

June 28, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Michael Caliazzo

Holly robinson is really wonderful.

June 28, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Hepkat

Too bad they did not get rid of Matt Lauer instead of Ann Curry. I switched to ABC earlier this year after not being able to stand Matt's arrogance.........And, then adding Rose O'Donnell, really put me over the edge to ABC!!!

June 28, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Greg Calloway

NBC"s Today show has permanently lost a viewer. What happened with Ann Curry today is one I cannot ignore.

June 28, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Linda

I will miss seeing Ann each morning. She brought a sense of dignity to the Today Show. It was nice to see her smiling every day and have an amazing calming effect on the entire show. I don't think she is the reason the ratings have fallen. Perhaps a stale format should be addressed before other celebrities are bumped off of the show.

June 28, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Dallas Loves Ann

It is sad to see Ann leaving the Today Show. Reading articles on how she was let go and reflecting on how NBC executives treating Conan, it fair to say that NBC only cares about the rating and how they can make money. We're switching to Good Morning America.

Good luck Ann on your future endeavors.

June 28, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Gina

Ann, I love you and so very sad about your departure. You are excellent reporter and such a compassionate
    person. I'm actually getting very depressed over this. Why do all the nice people seem to be hurt?

June 28, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  20. BEV

What a tremendous mistake....Ann is the epidemy of a total class act.

June 28, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Rockwood22

I feel for Ann Curry- to be publicly humilated and her employment and reasons are played out in the public arena. Money will not be an issue but an ego bruised that " I was not good enought to be a co-host "on her dream job.If rating is the main issue, she is just a part of the whole pie and management should look at the whole programing of the show. Whoever will replace her will feel the pressure of delivering. I thing Hoda will be better than Savannah in terms of experience and background. Goodluck Ann you deserve a better treatment for all the contribution you had made in Today Show being number one in all the years.

June 28, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  22. John

I used to like seeing Matt on TODAY show before he lost his hair. He was cute then. Now I can't look at him.

June 28, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  23. Timme62

Curry was the only reason I would turn the Today show on.

June 28, 2012 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Wonder Woman

THANK YOU! Me too! I do NOT tune in for Lauer! I have always liked her so much. I thought Meredith Viera was horrible. There was NO chemistry with Lauer at all. It always felt so contrived and superficial. Just not there. I bet Lauer didn't do anything to help the situation either from day one.

June 28, 2012 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • GKLEFF49

I agree they could've NBC handled Ann Curry's removal more professinally...after watchin' their show for many years..n my opion t was Matt Lauier who's the fifth wheel..very negative towards co-workers on the show n some guest..but i guess that's 'SHOWBUSINESS'..here's wish'n Ms.Curry well

June 28, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  24. Sokman

Given that Curry has confirmed to USA TODAY that she is leaving the show, this blog has been rendered moot

June 28, 2012 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  25. Melissa H

Its the boring guy next to Ann Curry that needs to get the boot! He is very boring which is why I never watch that show is because of him not Ms. Curry. Matt will never find a person to make him look better than did Meredith. Matt will be the one to stand there and see it was really him and not Ann that is the problem. I love watching GMA and never will turn the channel to see Matt's fake smile again.

June 27, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Juanita

Agree that Ann Curry is not the problem – she is a wonderful reporter and serious newswoman who can also have fun.. She seemed to work well with Meredith Viera and Al Roker. We noticed lately that she had a look of unhappiness on her usually beautiful face, so this is not a surprise.

I was never a Katie fan, and Matt Lauer is extremely boring. Do not care for Savannah either, but Natalie Morales shows promise. The weekend is way better – Lester Holt and Jenna Wolf are enjoyable and of course Lester is a superior newsperson.

June 27, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • tomL

I agree. Ann Curry is the reason I watch the Today Show. Want to improve the show get rid of Matt Lauer.

June 27, 2012 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Helen J Jock

I absolutely do not understand any reasoning what -so -ever why you would even think of replacing Ann Curry or any of the others. Everyone is in their right positions. Finally since Katie Couric do you have it right!!! Ann posses so much class. Matt, Al and Natalie fill the remaining four main anchors with each providing their intellect and humor to make it perfect. The remaining individuals also fill their positions well. You are making it all about money and that is most likely not why the Today Show is so popular in my thinking. I have been a viewer of the Today Show since the 1950's and almost lost me a few years ago. I stayed only because of Ann, Matt, Al and Natalie. Please do not ruin a great Show!!!

June 27, 2012 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Elisa

I think this is so unfair to Ann. Ann was the life of this show for many years, along with filling in for the evening news and Dateline. Ann shows professionalism and natural talent, and kept it going through all of Meredith's mistakes. She was on her way to being the next Barbara Walters because of her interview ability, and she didn't stoop to such levels as Katie Couric did with Sarah Palin. It has been evident to me and other viewers that something was wrong because there has been a noted difference in Ann's mood and mannerisms. It is very obvious that she has been taken into a very hostile situation, and has to maintain her composure sitting by Matt everyday. I don't know if it is because Katie Couric became available again or if it has something to do with Matt, either way they would be making a huge mistake to destroy her career. There wasn't a chemistry problem before, I think the only problem now is with NBC Today show, power's that be. I agree with the other's who have commented, I will not continue watching this show if they get rid of Anne Curry!!! Anne, you are so much better than this, change networks when you are able to get out of this contract!!!!

June 27, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Craig

I agree with most of what has been said. But I really agree that NBC needs to drop "Chatty Kathy Lee Gifford." She has got to be the most obnoxious person on a morning program. This is why I never watched "Live with Regis and Kathy Lee – I just cannot tolerate her and she gets worse as she ages.

June 27, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wonder Woman

That's who they have to fire! I hate Kathy Lee! OMG I couldn't believe that they gave her that gig with Hoda, who's great. She is so annoying. Maybe if they fired her, the ratings would get better. Why on earth would they hire her? Live With Regis got immeasurable better with Kelly Rippa. Kathy Lee just sucks the life out of everything she touches.

June 28, 2012 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  30. MaryAnn

NBC Today show has it all wrong. MATT not Ann Curry needs to leave. He is the one who makes stupid remarks to guests and shows insensitivity. Ann on the other hand is gentle, kind and professional. I only look at the TODAY Show to see Ann Curry, my favorite. If Ann leaves, I will watch CBS Morning News with Charlie, Erica and Gayle. There show is most informative, intelligent but most important MATT is not a part of there show. No one can replace Ann Curry on the TODAY show. Watch out AL ROKER, you are next!

June 27, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Jill

Ann should come over to CBS and they can get rid of Gale King

June 27, 2012 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Totally agree! Not only would Ann and Charlie actually complement one another well, it's clear that Gayle doesn't get CBS' original concept of a serious news alternative in the morning.

June 28, 2012 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Mainer

I agree. Switch Ann for Gail.

June 29, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Don

i agree with 'ect', with Ann gone from this T.V National Enquirer Show, i think Natalie should hand in her resignation and the two of them do their own News show. that would be a great dynamic duo. two of the nicest smiles and personalities on T.V.

June 27, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Margo

I think Ann Curry is the best thing that's happened to the Today Show in a while. I love her reporting style and the way she makes the viewer feel a part of the story. She does what the powers that be think is what the viewer wants to watch. If she leaves, I can see her reporting nightly news, or something that would be of interest to the public. I'll miss you Ann !!!!!

June 27, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • joni

I was VERY sad this morning when it was announced Ann Curry is leaving TODAY show.
      So, NBC has just lost a long-time viewer: ME.
      Ann Curry is so classy and beautiful and wonderful. NBC has dumb women on there, such as: Kate Gossling, Rosie O'Donnell, Star Jones,, etc., etc.
      What a joke!!!

June 28, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Phyllis

Ann was okay at doing the news, but her interviews have always been a disaster. She talks over people and tells their stories for them, or else her emotional reactions are inappropriate. She will ask a question by answering it herself and then the time for the segment is gone. Crazy. I like Matt, but I could be tempted to switch to ABC...

June 27, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Artemis

Reading all the comments here I think we can agree there is overwhelming agreement that Ann Curry is the best and NBC should not be firing her. I think there is also overwhelming agreement that Matt Lauer is the one who should've gone. But more than that, the content hear that CONTENT is what needed to change. Since this news broke I've switched to CBS with Charlie Rose and guess what, I LOVE IT! Real news reporting, interesting stories for two hours. Count me gone with Ann from NBC. NBC you'll pay dearly now, keep your over-paid Matt Lauer.

June 27, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Mike

I wish Ann Curry nothing but the best......I dont think she is the problem. Matt Lauer leaves a lot to be desired and a lot of times he can put his foot in his mouth over nonsense. I think Ann brings a lot to the table and the next station that lands her will be thankful.

June 27, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  37. UK Norfolk

When Ann Curry goes I switch to GMA

June 27, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  38. ect

THE TODAY SHOW has turned into a dog and pony show. Replacing Ann is not the solution to bad ratings. The network will still have the problem after she leaves. Matt Lauer leaves a lot to be desired. Al Roker is not a broadcast journalist. The problem is behind the scenes and the content of the show. I watched CBS this morning and was amazed at the quality of the news coverage, not having to watch people bumble through a kitchen, redecorate a room, mow their lawn, Martha Stewart ( she has her own show ), Starr Jones and Donny Deutch. Need I go on. All that said, I had been a faithful viewer since Dave Garaway first signed on. Bye Bye The Today Show

June 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  39. susan

I admire Ann so much for reporting for work everyday despite all the horrible headlines. I cannot imagine how tough it is to sit next to Matt Lauer everyday knowing he wants her gone. If she leaves I will switch to another station. They think ratings are low now, just wait......

June 27, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Greg Calloway

I am with Holly Robinson Peete. Ann Curry is a supurb talent. She is real. She is genuine. The only reason she is facing this situation is that she is a 'minority'. NBC only seems to be interested in 'fluff'. Fluff doesn't cut it. Real
    journalism, hard work and dedication rules. Ann Curry has all of that. Our household loves her and if this move occurs,
    NBC's Today has permanently lost this viewer. Hail to Ann Curry!!!

June 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Denise

Why do we see the women on the Today show leaving (regardless of the reason) and not the men? I agree that NBC is a sinking ship! The only thing I tune in on the network is the Today show. Is NBC seriously blaming Ann for ratings? Were they off the charts with Meredith? I like Ann! She's enthusiastic, intelligent and a great news journalist.

June 27, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  42. fritz

Ten million bucks to exit? Take the money, Honey! Sheesh! A no brainer!

June 27, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  43. C

Ann Curry is the worst. She gives off fake vibs, drools over celebs(Brad Pitt especially), throws out soft-ball questions to people she likes, doesn't hide her dislike in interviews of people she doesn't like(unprofessional), often sounds condescending when interviewing people dealing with tragedy, gives the stink eye/death look to the other reporters if they screw up. All in all I can't think of a "reporter" I dislike more, thank god NBC is dumping her.

June 27, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Lana Foster

I love Ann Curry when she goes I'll be watching GMA

June 27, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  45. nikki

I am a GMA viewer, that will not change ! But Ann is a fantastic reporter, I wish she chose been a international reporter like she ought to (she loves real news). NBC is a joke, and so is the pride bloated Matt. NBC may need to clean house, get new news anchors like TJ Holmes, etc, change their programming and STOP harassing Ann,

June 27, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  46. tsjay

Ahh, good for Ann, NBC is a sinking ship anyway, she should want to get away from there while the getting is good.

June 27, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  47. janet

stop blaming ann for the demise of your show execs, and look to the center of the problem.

June 27, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  48. peach 1933

Ann Curry does not deserve to be dropped. Kathy Lee and Koda should have BEEN gone. I find them silly and annoying.
    Watch out Matt. Your day will come. Cute can't last always.

Good luck Ann. I think you are GREAT.

June 27, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • janet

exactly, Kathy Lee and Hoda are plain silly, and don't belong on the fourth hour of the Today show.

June 27, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Bernard

Ann Curry is the best host in decades for "Today". She's mature, charming and has that "voice".

June 27, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Rachel

I agree with the many, if Ann goes so do I. I left it when Katie Couric left, not because she left but because TODAY did not have the sense to move Ann up to her spot. Meredith was a disaster. The American people like to see real life lessons, and part of it is if you are good at your job and the next in the ladder, then let it be. Savannah seems really nice, but she looks uncomfortable standing next to everyone. Ann brought me back to the TODAY and I guess I am leaving with her.

June 27, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  51. nosnobunny

I've been watching the Today Show since I was a very young child when Dave Garroway was host. I have nothing against Ann but feel thay should have kept her on the news desk. She's a nice person, but never made the transition to co-host.

June 27, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • RPK

I agree – she seems likeable enough, but she has always seemed "hesitant"; just can't come up with another adjective. She doesn't deserve the public "dumping" if that is what it is.

June 27, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Sue D

Has if ever occurred to NBC that the low ratings may have nothing to do with Ann Curry, and everything to do with their biased coverage of Obama? Something to think about. America is wise to the "lame-stream" media. Time to wake up NBC!

June 27, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sadie M

Sue D, why did you pull Obama's name in this discussion about Ann Curry....Im tired of everyone pulling Obama's name into every conversation....Ann Curry's situation has nothing to do with President Obama...my goodness...stick to Ann Curry....NBC is talking about removing her...it's probably all talk so folks will go back to watching them...I stopped and now watch CBS This Morning...it is great with Charlie Rose, Erica Hill and Gayle King....do you have something to say about Gayle King????

June 27, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Debbie

I agree...Sue D NBC is bias to Oboma...That's why I watch Fox News...for the REAL News..NBC..ABC..CBS for intertainment...

June 27, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Barbara

I have watched "Today" since the early 70's. Ann is the best co-host since Jane Pauley and Tom Brokaw. The programming has significantly deteriorated over the years. We want real news not tabloids. If money is the issue, why is there high school reporting by Jenna Bush and Chealse Clinton? Ann Curry is quality journialism with true, unpretencious emotion. I will change to GMA if Ann goes.

June 27, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  54. cedaly1968

I know NBC does extensive polling and media research to determine the host likability etc. I am sure they have insight as to why Ann Curry might be the one to go. But I tend to agree that it is probably time for Lauer to move on to something else. His "reporting" has now moved on to being commentary. Just the other day he was calling the kids who berated the elderly bus monitor as mean, poorly behaved, blah, blah, blah. I get it, he has an opinion, I was really hoping he would just interview and provide the news. There is too much of the anchor opinion seeping into Today. They should fix that ASAP. Sorry Ann, best of luck to you. $10MM will help get you on your way!

June 27, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  55. anita

I love Ann Curry. I will definitely stop watch NBC altogether if they replace her. What NBC needs to do is replace Matt with someone who is smarter, sincere, funny and genuine – and it doesn't have to be another white male. It can be a woman – really! And they also need to look at the content. You have a really top class and bright anchor in Ann Curry but does she have enough authority to choose the format and content? That needs to be looked at. Here a thought – since Ann Curry has such overwhelming support from those that do watch the show, ask her how to make the format better.

June 27, 2012 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  56. angie

Savannah Guthrie is a robot with no peoples' skills. She's another Katie Couric look-alike just like Meredith Vieira, and that is creepy. If you want Couric back, just ask her and pay her. If Ann leaves and Savannah takes her place, that will be my last day watching the show. I cannot stand her.

June 27, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • dan

Yeah,what you say my all be true but remember this is tv and NBC is a good old boys club and Savannah is 15 years younger and gourgeous and a lawyer.

June 27, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Sheila

Ann's last day on the Today Show will be MY last day as a viewer. They need to look at the show format and/or perhaps replacing Matt.

June 27, 2012 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  58. Steve

loved Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, saw it yesterday

June 27, 2012 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
    • 1twinsfan

Are you implying that Ann is a vampire? Nonsense. Natalie Morales maybe.

June 27, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Steve

quit blaming ann for everything – NBC, you should have replaced Katie couric years before she finally left. And Matt Lauer is as exciting to watch as wet cardboard drying. for me I really miss people like Jane Pauley and Tom Brokaw
    for me that was the pinnacle. Also the subject matter on these shows is so tabloid and predictable. Give us some real
    straight news. Quit offering sophmoric opinions on everything the average american already knows. sheesh!

June 27, 2012 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Sadie M

change over to CBS This Morning with Charlie Rose, Erica Hill and Gayle King....very very very good morning show

June 27, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Larry Popwell

I love Ann Curry. She is genuine. I am 63 and have viewed Today since my youth in the 50's. Ann was long overdue to be considered as a knowledgeable, mature news person who just happens to be a woman. Perhaps she is not "ethnic" enough. Certainly she not paid "equally" with over compensated Matt.

June 26, 2012 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kim

Wow, you stated, "maybe she is not ethnic enough." Not sure where that is coming from. Most people could care less was ethnicity someone is. The last "really ethnic person" that was in that chair was Bryant Gumbel. Hopefully, he won't return. Not because he appeared "ethnic enough", but because he is a jerk.

June 27, 2012 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  61. Trish

Wat in the world are they thinking! Ann Curry is so refreshing in the mornings! We love her at our house and have watched Today since the 70s but will be changing now. Maybe it is not only time for a change at NBC but a lot of homes also!

June 26, 2012 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • someone who cares

I agree with your comment. This is not good. I have not watched the show either. It is not the same – the network was on to something big and they thoroughly smashed the vision and the life of the show into pieces. I liked the show and felt it was an excellent contrast to the host of the view. It was an awesome show before they took Holly and Leah off. Bad move...in addition the new people they have selected are good in their own rights but not as a group for the Talk to stay alive.

Holly received a bummed deal and so is Ann Curry. It should not have gone this way. Shame on NBC and CBS

June 26, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Rita

Maybe Matt's the problem!! NBC should've scooped up TJ Holmes when he left CNN and have him as Matt's replacement or at least let him join the team. TJ's handsome, smart and can be funny. He would've perfect for the Today's Show!!

June 26, 2012 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Terri

It is Matt that needs to go and probably is the reason she is going. His interviews are predictable and pretends to be interested when it is obvious that he isn't. Don't think Savannah will be the answer; I have a problem with her whining voice and can't listen to her very long. Jus sayin'

June 26, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Jim Smith

NBC will be the loser if they force Ann Curry off the Today Show.

June 26, 2012 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  65. moon627

This reminds me of the Jay Leno vs Conon OBrien mess and like others have mentioned going back even further was the Jane Pauley and Bryant Gumble fumbles by NBC ... they have some real morons running things over there ...

June 26, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Hoa tran

I watch GMA. Since Ann Curry came on the show, I am switch to TODAY now I beleive I that i come back to GMA.
    She is more acourate and serious news than any others anchors beside her.

June 26, 2012 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  67. TJ

I think we can all agree that nothing lasts forever. But this move to replace Ann or even to remove her from the Today Show is just plain wrong. As a avid viewer for years, I will not watch anymore if she is gone. I don't know what's going on over there; but the women are not being treated right. I think that's why Campbell Brown and Amy Robach left. Anyway, it's not Ann - it's the lousy programming. Sometime last year, I remember Ann saying something that there is too much fluff on the show. I wonder if they're holding that statement against her. But she's right. The other day, they reported in the first hour about some women who was complaining because her children got sun-burned. It's been nonsense stories like that for a long time and the reason for the Today's Show declined.

June 26, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  68. happy4all

I agree with deena. I do not believe replacing Ann Curry will help ratings. Its the whole show in general. And, please keep Regis and Kathie Lee in the past and keep Hoda and Kathie Lee together.

June 26, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  69. E Allie

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING? ANN CURRY IS THE TODAY SHOW. SHE IS CAPABLE OF LEVITY, GOOD HUMOR, DEPENDABLE JOURNALISM AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, COMPASSION. SHE'S RIGHT UP THERE WITH MEREDITH VEREA AND JANE PAULEY. DEAR SWEET AL ROKER AND ANN CURRY ARE THE TWO BRIGHT SPOTS ON THE SHOW. FIRST ANN, WHO'S NEXT, AL? THIS IS A NAIL IN THE COFFIN FOR ME AND THE TODAY SHOW.

June 26, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Seamusgirl

NBC-Never Be Consistent

June 26, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Seamusgirl

NBC seems to have as much trouble with female anchors as a news station in Kansas City. I think you know what I mean NBC. Low ratings for them is all connected to one person? Really? Let's hire someone who is loaded and..wait a moment thats the LAST HOUR OF TODAY. Leave her be, NBC, she is one of the smartest anchors you ever had!!!!!! Here is another brilliant idea, hire some JOURNALISTS for your news instead of using bloggers.

June 26, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  72. jj

I never forgave Matt Lauer for his deliberate campaign to undermine Bryant Gumbel. Bryant is more likable – and – better looking. It is definitely not Ann Curry that is the problem, it is Matt. I agree with the person who said above, bring back Jane and Bryant. Till then I will watch my morning family on ABC.

June 26, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  73. buffyrat

Whoa! This seems like a repeat of the Deborah Norville replaces Jane Pauley fiasco. NBC, learn from your mistakes.

June 26, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  74. GumboPaulieFan

Bring back Bryant and Jane and watch the ratings go sky high. Talk about hard hitting new stories with a splash of entertainment in the mix and Today was on Top!!!

June 26, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Jan Geist

I too have watched the Today Show for the last 25 years at least, but will not continue to watch it without Ann. If you want to change something, think about changing your new format Please do not replace her with Savannah Guthrie or your will loose in the ratings grater then ever before. Ann has been the best replacement since Katie Couric left .

June 26, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  76. jack

It is not Ann Curry. It is the producer and production team that needs to be changed. I watched Today Show for 20 years but can't stand to watch anymore...the stories now are about someone who has been bitten by a shark, or an arrow in their head. No news just boring fluff stories...boring..not Ann's fault.

June 26, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian P

I really haven't been back since I changed the channel when they had the Duggar country on the show. Who cares that they decided to have their 22nd or 220nd child? I think they showed an ultrasound or something, and that's when I changed the channel to GMA. I really like Ann though.

June 27, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  77. pitt04

I too, like Ann Curry. She seems to be a compassionate soul.

June 26, 2012 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rlg

I agree with you 100%. Ann Curry always does her best and has been a loyal employee of NBC for many years.

June 26, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  78. mrskool

Poor Ann. I really like her but her voice is so monotone and boring and she just comes across so stiff and serious. Its too bad but unfortunately for Ann its all about business and ratings so she will have to be replaced with someone more outgoing and bubbly – sorry but the truth hurts. GMA has been doing really well – i cant stand those people but you gotta admit that people evidently like them.

I think Hoda will do well in Ann's spot – i like her best with Kathie Lee but it looks like Regis will backfill her spot.

June 26, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Seamusgirl

If all I wanted was fluff and perky talking heads I could just campaign for Kermit the Frog to replace an INTELLIGENT, THOUGHTFUL, WELL-SPOKEN individual who wont smile after a tragfic story of some kind –THAT turns off people.

June 26, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian P

Ann needs to be the anchor of the evening news where she can be serious, rather then laughing it up with guests who aren't really funny. Ann has tried to change her demeanor when she was given a new role. If you are given a promotion in your company, everyone tries to be more then what they were before. It's human nature, especially if you are given lots more money and responsibility. She has filled in at the co-anchor spot many times. When you are given the permanent spot, you want to show management that you were the right choice, so you try to put a little more of yourself in the role. Maybe she isn't pulling it off well.

June 27, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Tree

What about Matt he's not all that good. They just paid him more monies and his skills are not greater than Ann's. So Today blame it on the rain. You better take alook at Matt too........

June 26, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • mctanoa

you are correct, matt is not good, I think they are letting the wrong one go

June 26, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rebbeca

After reading what you wrote I think you should go back to school !

June 26, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Michelle

None of those women on the Today show are likeable at all. If anything Ann was the least annoying of them all. This show should have been replaced a long time ago. The ratings are poor because the show is just awful and has been for as long as I can remember. It's 20% news and 80% the hosts talking about themselves and their opinions; who cares!?!

June 26, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  81. CHICKIEGIRL07

To lay the entire blame on Ann Curry is totally irresponsible by NBC. It is not her fault that ratings are faltering. The show show is boring and needs to be reworked. From Matt to Al replace the entire cast, make it brighter and more appealing. That's why I watch GMA. They have the right formula.

June 26, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Pat Williams

Ann Curry is a wonderful reporter, and person. Often times-the wonderful; person part is not respected or viewed well ibn the news or show biz world. How wrong they are! Ann is a class act and a genuine person which is rare onTV( and most certainly on the Today Show). I for one WILL NOT be watching theToday Show when Ann exits. You think viewer ship is down now-just wait.

Let us UNIT for Ann and turn the channel in the morning. The good usually don't have an easy road and unfortunately this is a classic case of Life is not always fair. Blessings Ann.

June 26, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  83. Tbone

If they pick Kotb I will be changing the channel in the morning for the first time in 20 years! She may have a hard news background, but being co-pilot with KLG has ruined her credibility.

June 26, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Johnsmom

I agree. I wouldn't be able to get over her antics with KLG whom I can't abide! I'll probably go back to GMA after 25 years of the Today show.

June 26, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  84. lodamom

I love Ann. I think she is amazing. Anyone they put in to replace her will find it wasn't Ann who brought down Today.

June 26, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  85. stu

I feel Aisha on The Talk gives the same energy that Holly had. I don't get that move.
    But Sheryl has grown on me & i actually like better than Leah.

June 26, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  86. Melu

One last thought: When will NBC address the issue of Jenna Wolfe? She is the worst, yet remains on – where is the logic there?

June 26, 2012 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • kathy

I agree! I wonder if NBC ever thought Matt Lauer was the problem not Ann Curry!

June 26, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian P

Jenna is perfect where she is, on the weekend shift of the Today Show.

June 27, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Melu

I always liked Ann when she was not the co-host but thought she has been somewhat boring and wooden once she took over from Meredith Vieira. So in principle I agree that she is not the right person for the job. But I think it is horrible how this plays out in public now – poor Ann! It must be incredibly hard to sit next to Matt every morning and just do her job. She does not deserve this.

As to the rumors of Savannah Guthrie being her likely replacement: Savannah does not have the charisma, just like Ann does not have it. It's essentially the same thing that she is good at what she does but does not have the personality to be co-host. As much as Katie Couric grated on my nerves at times but she was the best they ever had and none of the others came close, even though Meredith had great chemistry with Matt...

June 26, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • deena

It's not Ann Curry that is the problem. The programming is the issue with me. I just enjoy GMA more than TODAY and learn more watching GMA than I do when I watch TODAY. It really is the programming, but NBC management won't realize that until they replace Ann and find the ratings are still lower. Then they will fire Savannah. For Hoda's sake, I hope she does not replace Ann because I would worry about losing her. I like the Kathie Lee and Hoda dynamic.

June 26, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |