Katy Perry plans to have her own record label
June 22nd, 2012

Katy Perry plans to have her own record label

Katy Perry's admitted that her breakup with ex-hubby Russell Brand was so devastating there were times she struggled to hold it together professionally.

In a recent interview with the Hollywood Reporter, the pop phenomenon said that when her relationship to the British actor/comedian really hit the skids, she had to stop herself from breaking down onstage.

"What was going on in my personal life was so overwhelming that I had to bend over to let those tears fall straight out of my eye sockets and not my false lashes just as I'm about to go up on that ramp and sing 'Teenage Dream,' " Perry said of that period, which was captured in a pivotal scene in her upcoming concert movie, “Katy Perry: Part of Me.”

"I had to smack myself across the face and say, 'These problems are my problems, they are not my audience's problems - learn to separate that.'"

That work ethic has made Perry into one of the wealthiest singers around: according to THR, she made more than $44 million last year courtesy of her best-selling album, movie projects and sold-out tour. According to Billboard BoxScore, her “California Dreams” trek came in just behind the Eagles (and ahead of Lil' Wayne) as one of the most profitable of 2011.

And look for Perry’s pockets to deepen even more due to the award-winning singer/songwriter’s plans to launch her very own record label.

"I'm preparing for it now," she told THR about her untitled pending imprint. "And when this record label does come to fruition, I'm going to try and avoid the things that take away any fighting chance for an artist to have financial success. As people are coming to me with opportunities, I'm thinking, 'How would I want to be treated?' "

“Katy Perry: Part of Me" is out on July 5.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Music

« Previous entry
  1. ANDREW DAVIS

IVE KNOWN THIS YOUNG LADY FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS.SHES GOT MORE TALENT THAN YOU COULD IMAGINE. SHES JUST BEEN HELD BACK FROM BEING WHAT SHE IS CAPABLE OF BEING! IT MIGHT NOT HAPPEN FOR A WHILE BUT SHE WILL BE CALLING THE SHOTS AND LET ME TELL YA FOR A FACT SHE DOESNT BLOW HER MONEY AND YOU WOULD BE VERY SUPRISED HOW WELL OFF SHE IS!

May 4, 2013 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. Laurie

every artist will have haters(most of them are just jealous or simply immature..). and you know why they are successed? cause they don't let those haters get into their minds, and they keep working as hard as possible to live their dreams,so that's why katy is so famous. cause she work her butt off to reach her goal. and you should too instead of hating those celebrities, why don't you do the same?work hard to fulfill your dreams~

July 5, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Brian

California girls.....they are so phenomenal. A person from California may win American Idol sometime by the twentieth season. The state of California has immense musical talent and no person from California has won American Idol. That is an interesting scenario as North Carolina has two winners and ten of the eleven winners were from southern states (i.e. the only exception was Rubben Studdard, who was from Illinois).

July 3, 2012 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  4. Winger

Dude, I thought Leela was the best character in Futurama!

July 2, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. nitrous

Yup! That's one healthy girl right there. Oh yeah – Katy's hot too.

July 2, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  6. She's friggin' gorgeous

She's most eligible free agent during the NFL's 2012 off-season. Haters will hate, but she is beautiful, successful, and is looking for ways to expand her career. She's every guy's wet dream.

July 1, 2012 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
    • chefdugan

By my measurement you have run this stupid story for over a week. Most of the planet doesn't know, or care, about this idiot. She is pathetic. I never heard her sing and hope that continues.

July 1, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeeper

Imagine how she would look without the "Rodeo Clown" hair color.

July 1, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. 66Biker

Katy who?

July 1, 2012 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  8. Carla Vazq

Who is she? And should anyone care?

June 30, 2012 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jt_flyer

Nice rack.

June 30, 2012 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  10. Tank

You know, it's a good job interview question. "Do you like Katy Perry music?"

If YES, then NEXT!!!! (Unless the job is waste management.)

June 30, 2012 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
  11. Walter

In today's environment a "label" means little to nothing. Fairly soon all artists will rely almost exclusively on social media to get their new music out. Back in the old days, it mattered what label you were on, now, today's youth don't even know the names of any of the surviving labels.

June 29, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Millbarge

This is awesome! Hopefully she'll sign a lot more acts like her. She is truly the most talented musician of the last decade. She's this generations Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, and Tina Turner all rolled in to one...except better! Thank god she dumped that no-talent Russel Brand.

June 29, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. J G

Nice B00bs!

June 29, 2012 at 4:24 am | Report abuse |
  14. East Eddie

when does this stop being news? CNN has been running this same non-story for over a week now.
    can we move on already?

June 28, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  15. somerandomgirl

II started my own record label when I uploaded my first song to itunes for sale. Yep, it's that easy. CNN obviously had some busy work for this reporter. What a waste, who cares she's starting a label so is everyone else.

June 28, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Pete

I feel fortunate to have no idea what her music sounds like - more mainstream diva shlock?

June 28, 2012 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  17. Linden Atrocity

Hasn't anyone told her, that record labels are obsolete?

June 27, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  18. joe d

blow meeee

June 27, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  19. Solo

Ah, the drama... another "created" star by the music and entertainment execs who found the face and the figure to go along with a mediocre (but hey, that's what audio tuning is for) voice – and the dollars flood in from the kids who think she's a talent. Please don't compare her to the Beatles – really? I could not even comprehend how this tart and music legends like Lennon could ever be in the same sentence. She'll get her record label going while she gets her weekly mani-pedi and buys a designer purse for her dog – all in a day's work – you know, with that "work ethic" she's cited in the article as having. It's offensive to those of us who truly studied music and have real vocal ability.

June 26, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Jeff

While Katie music is not my favorite – I'm too old – I see that she is a phenomenon in the business, and energizes millions. Good. It's nice to see someone doing well. We should all take notes.

June 26, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Obvious

I guess she got tired of making over-produced, over-played, overrated, easily-digested, artistically-devoid music for record execs and now wants to make over-produced, over-played, overrated, easily-digested, artistically-devoid music on her terms.

June 26, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Shannon

I love Katy Perry, her voice, her music and her videos. She's my favorite pop star ever! I don't care what anybody thinks of me for this, or of her. So there!

June 26, 2012 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan

You know, Shannon, I've never heard much of her stuff, if you can believe that, but I gotta tell ya, I like your style. And by the way, about that guy "StickHER' who responded with his insult about "banging" Katy Perry; I think he should get lost.

June 26, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lobber

yawn

June 27, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  23. just me

I remember when you had to have talent to be a pop star

June 25, 2012 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Ballson Chinn

I must say that I do enjoy her cans.

June 25, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  25. StickHER

I'd bang her so hard her hair would change back to it's natural color. that is all.

June 25, 2012 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
    • TomGI

She doesn't even know you're alive.

June 26, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan

Have you nothing better to do than post crude messages about lovely young ladies ? This place is for dialog, not diatribe. Leave that keyboard alone until you have a reasonable comment. You probably want to do something else with your hands, anyway.

June 26, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • StickHER

I'll say what I want, when I want, to whom I want. You people take this blog and your beloved comments way too seriously – time to lighten up.

June 26, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan is gay

Da must be gay.

June 27, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Apple Records

Katy Perry Records? What a joke. Just to keep the facts straight, The Beatles did start Apple Records, hired all of their friends to run it, and it was a financial disaster for many years. They had a lot of free-loaders on the payroll, so maybe Katy Perry can avoid that mistake. Most people in the know recognize that it was the stress of sorting out the Apple Records mess that broke up the band, not Yoko Ono. Eventually, the Beatles reorganized Apple Records and turned it around. But it was an expensive mistake and Paul McCartney is a hell of lot smarter than most musicians, including Katy Perry. She will end up posing for Playboy in a few years, because she will blow through her money and need the payday – just like Lindsay Lohan.

June 25, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Arch

alas, you know nothing of which you post. nothing.

June 25, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • TomGI

Hey dummy, sounds like you're green with envy. This chick is smart and has traveled a long road. And that's the same garbage they said about Jessica Simpson. Now she has a clothing line/brand worth a billion dollars, and she calls the shots.

June 26, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • StickHER

"She doesn't even know your alive"

June 26, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Ocsar Pitchfork

They're both a couple of talentless freaks. The only ones who care are the undiscerning freaks on both sides of the Atlantic...

June 25, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  28. Mbane

Really? Is this what music has become now? Will she be signing people who just yell like she does? And when did yelling become synonimous with singing? This is the sorry state of todays music industry.

June 25, 2012 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  29. mmi16

We reward PERFORMERS. If they can sing or not, is not the question. Can the perform and entertain us? If they can, they get rewarded $$$$$$$$$$$.

Pitch on singers are a dime a dozen, because all they can do is sing – they can't perform and nobody will pay to listen to or watch them.

Congrats Katy on your successes.

June 25, 2012 at 4:02 am | Report abuse |
    • mbane

ANyone can be trained to perform. However, not everyone can sing or play an instrument.

June 25, 2012 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Oscar Pitchfork

mmi16: mmi16 must mean you are 16 years old, with the mind of an 8 year old attention-deficit-disorder child. Crap is crap, no matter how many low-class losers like you toss your money away in support of it.

June 25, 2012 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  30. g2-0aaeee87b0ddbb5ef571b620283bc225

Several comments claim that Katy can sing – one mentions video clips of live performances that support these claims. I suggest all who believe so search for Katy and her band on David Letterman's show.

As for here desire to launch (yet another) record label, I hope she is able to wield her influence to attract A&R people with good ears who would never sign someone who belts off key.

June 24, 2012 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Who Cares

pop phenomenon? Pulease she can't even sing in key live, so give me a break.

June 24, 2012 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  32. californiaboy

Numbers don't lie. 8 #1 singles since 'Teenage Dream'.

June 24, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama es un Comemierda

In 2009, an Obama appointed deputy to Attorney General Eric Holder gave a press conference to brag about creating and expanding gun walking programs across the border into Mexico. He admitted Obama approved $10 million for this program.

Soon afterwards, Border Patrol and local ATF agents caught the smuggler who was bringing thousands of grenades into Mexico. The prosecutors who knew of the case and were working with the creators in DC, did not allow the smuggler to be arrested/charged.

Fast and Furious sent thousands of grenades into Mexico – killing hundreds. CBS did the reporting on the grenade smuggling. CSPAN and youtube have the 2009 fast and furious press conference.

One grenade attack killed dozens of grandmothers who were just having a fun afternoon out at the casino. Many of our retired also enjoy an afternoon at the casino. But these Mexican grandmothers were slaughtered with grenades Obama approved to go to Mexico – without the consent or knowledge of the Mexican government.

And you democrats argue it is racist to try and get to the bottom of this crime against humanity.

June 24, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Strat4jazz

Numbers you speak of are sales, sales in the recorded music industry are as fickle as the people buying this so called "music". Miss Perry, although pleasant to look at, can't carry a tune in a bucket. She has auto-correct vocals, and doesn't write her own material. Pop star you say ? Uhhhh no.

June 26, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  33. yahmez

I suck at biochemistry, so I am going to start my own drug company.

June 24, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  34. californiaboy

she is definitely one of the most talented singers of the era if not the most talented.

June 24, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • deargodthisguyisdumb

Please tell me you're joking or mentally impaired, she's by far one of the least talented and unoriginal "singers" in decades.

June 24, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jimmy Joe Jim Bob

You have got to be kidding. You clearly have no idea what talent is.

June 24, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  35. HatersUnited

wow, talk about a crap load of butthurt people. You people act like Katty Perry birthed a litter of pitbull banchees that mauled a bunch of orphans from a thirdworld country. I guess jealousy does that to people.

June 24, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jimmy Joe Jim Bob

People of low intelligence often use the words (or non word, "haters". It surely stems from the fact that people are always telling them that stuff that they believe is ridiculous and that they are stupid. Of course, both are usually true, in the extreme, but there "lights are on, but no one is home" people, much like yourself, think that using that word somehow socializes their dismay at hearing the truth. In reality, it simply identifies them as the weak minded individuals that they are.

June 24, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  36. GRS62

Smart move because she sees her own popularity fading and a record label may save her financially. Just wondering if she will call it "Plastic", as that symbolizes her image and talent.

June 24, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  37. David

I think Prince tried this...It did not work...

June 24, 2012 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  38. derpina

I can't stand her music. All she does is yell in the microphone. I am also going to start a record label called Derp records.

June 24, 2012 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
  39. jjj

Auto-tune is amazing at making people retarded. Autotune and boobs.

June 24, 2012 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  40. MalcolmXcrement

Well, starting your own record label was a resounding success for the Beatles...

June 23, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Ben

I was at the side of the stage at the Grammy noms concert awhile back and could hear her sing acoustically I was so close..........she literally couldn't sing a note!

The record business is littered with a scrap heap of people that thought fame could result in a successful label!....NEXT!

June 23, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Russ Cox

Dude you are seriously full of crap. You don't have to like her but the girl can definitely sing. You might want to get your ears checked out. She lived here in town for a couple of years and I've heard her play acoustic guitar and sing , and also sing acapella . The girl's got pipes

June 23, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Ghostsongwriter

Let me let you in on the dirty secret of the music industry. Well the ghostsongwriters have all the talent and write all the songs for most bands. Why else do you think there are so many one hit – one albums wonders? The labels drop them. You really think lmfao (clive davis grandsons) actually wrote those songs themselves. What about Michael J. Even depeche mode cant write since they dropped their keyboardist (who put the finishing touches on the songs that made them great).

Artists are really just employees and really get paid about $50k a year after the labels deduct the recoup. Katy Perry probably made $200k out of the $44mil. At least she knows the game and wants to own her stuff now with a record label. I'm surprised she can get out of her contract. I suppose she made enough for her label with the $44 mill they let her go.

June 23, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • ScreamQueen

If by Michael J you mean Michael Jackson, he wrote the vast majority of his songs and co-wrote almost all the rest. He arranged them, wrote music and lyrics. He made his money AND had the talent to boot. The same can't be said for a lot of today's artists. The only one I can think of with comparable creative control is Prince.

Planet Jackson dot net

June 24, 2012 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

MJ did not wrote most of his own music. He hired songwriters. He was simply smart enough to buy the writing credits because he knows where the money is.

He was a pedophilic freak with limited raw talent, but he knew the business very well. I know a guy locally who got paid $100K to write one song for him. His name does not appear anywhere on MJ recordings. He happily took the $100K, and MJ happily turned the song into millions.

June 25, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  43. Dave

Too funny. All of these Madonna wannabees with 1/4 the talent tying to be record moguls. Perry is NOT Madge and doesn't seem to realize that her 15 minutes is just about up. Save your money Princess, you will need it.

June 23, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • musicfan

I'm not a big fan of KPerry, but Madonna sucks. (overrated old lady)

June 23, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Jimmy Joe Jim Bob

Madonna is/was a celebrity of the hoi polloi, just like Katy. Hoi Polloi.

June 24, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  44. GC

I think she probably has over exposed herself already. She is a talented songwriter and has a pretty good voice (just look for her live acoustic stuff like KISS FM Sprint Live Lounge or MTV Unplugged on YouTube). Unfortunately, she's marketed herself in a way that she isn't really taken seriously. Plus, she can't sing pop music at all. She really needs to go back to the soft rock and folk type songs she did in the early days. They really suit her voice. It would be nice to see more talented women actually rely on their abilities rather than looks to achieve success.

June 23, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • renaissance rose

i think you have a good point about the future of katy perry. go back and learn how to sing beautifully, with your guitar. drop the cheep outfits, and dirty lyrics. you are a Christian woman, what the heck are you doing. you are too darn good to go for the money. give us alot of talent, and beautiful songs.

i do like the fact that you can have a record company label. my daughter is a ford model, and she made alot of money because she was beautiful, like you katy. you can make history with your talent, and determination. i pray for you, i saw you in concert, wow what a vegas type show. you got alot of talent. take care of yourself.

June 24, 2012 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  45. bellenoitr

Pop culture at its worse. There are so many talented lovely female singer/songwriters around. It's a shame they don't get advertised like this. And they don't have to wear silly clothes and makeup or hairdoes. They have pure talent.

June 23, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  46. Dave

I want t o see her dress up like Barack Obama and make a video of him losing the election.

June 23, 2012 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  47. Notea4me

Hopefully she's more talented for runing a studio/label than she is at singing. She has about a 4 note range and still needs gobs of autotune. Add to that all her songs sound the same.

June 23, 2012 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  48. Gee Whiz

I can't wait when she does a nude photo shoot for Playboy mag!!!!!!

=->

June 22, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  49. rad666

She is going to make records? Waxed tubes, 78s, 45s or 33s?

June 22, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  50. East of Eden

Need to mess w/ a real dude. Russell is a cornball. C'est la vie.

June 22, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  51. wilfred

katy perry takes it up the butt. its true google it. o_O

June 22, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Dani. .L

Kate Perry.. U go gal.

June 22, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Jeanicia Quales

4 all the ppl that r sayn mean & perverted things about katy like how she can't do this, or she shouldn'tve married russell brand, & all that other stuff needs 2 b punched in the face, stomach, & groin. jst sayn. i luv katy perry. she's smurfin awesome. nuff said.

June 22, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Dani. .L

I like this gal.

June 22, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Solo

She clearly overestimates her talent level, and what it really takes to start a record label – even the Beatles and Jimi Hendrix had financial investments that had to be really planned to do this. Does she compare herself to these legendary singers?

June 22, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pants

Well, I'm sure she won't actually be running the label or making any important financial decisions. She'll just be the figurehead.

June 22, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Sham wow

penis.

June 22, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  57. PaulieWalnuts

Well, she married and banged this loser dude for awhile. There is something messed up psychologically with her too. She should have seen him as guy to steer clear of. Whats next for her? Dating Chris Brown or Charles Manson...then sob, sob, whoa is me, that it didnt work out. Everybody feel sorry for me. B1mbo.

June 22, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Laurence Ringo

What the what?Hey"Derp",weren't you on the Belief Blog the other day boasting about your perfect life while running down the Christians?What does your perfect wife think of what you would like to do to Ms.Perry?(And if that really was your mother,I can see how your character and worldview developed-Sad.)-Peace & Love in Christ!

June 22, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Derp

You do realize that anyone on earth can use any name they want when they post on the CNN message boards.

There are probably ten different people using the phrase "derp".

But you knew that.

June 22, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

Bend over Larry, I've something for you.

June 22, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • another derp

I derp derp derp herp a derp.

June 22, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zeke

Great, now we have the bible nuts on the Marquee Blog. Can't you dimwits stay on the belief page.

June 22, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Observer

Don't start your own label. It seldom works and you will lose a fortune. Besides, she comes off as though she is incapable of balancing a checkbook, let alone running a record label.

June 22, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Emilio Estevez

a checkbook? Dude, she just made a cool 40 mil in one year, she has people who have people who have people who balance her online back account (it's 2012).

Also have you thought about getting in touch with her since you know how hard it is to run a record label from personal experience?

June 22, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  60. derp

I'd like to grab hold of that blue ponytail and....

June 22, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  61. chris

i'll help her with some start up $$$ you got my ### katy!

June 22, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  62. waveonshore

Success couldn't have happened to a nicer, brighter, more talented woman. I love her music... it is fun and upbeat!

June 22, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  63. Pooh boy

I enjoy eating my own pooh.

June 22, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  64. jo-blow

Her personality is as real as her boobs. I agree, Hollywood is full of greedy labels ask the Beatles and every band since then., but excuse me, last year, 44 million not financial success? How much does one person need to achieve success? What if my daughter wanted to get on her label, wouldn't she do the same?

June 22, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  65. Joe

I'd like to launch my love juice all over her face...

June 22, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  66. Emilio Estevez

Boo-yah!

June 22, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  67. Martin Sheen

Yep, awesome

June 22, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  68. Charlie Sheen

Sweet

June 22, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  69. noveltyguy

Oh, you got divorced from a sham marriage?? Boo-Hoo. Weird Al learned about his parent's DEATH an hour before a concert...both PARENTS...and he went on to do a stellar show that same night. He sucked it up, being the true professional that he is, fulfilled his obligations and dealt with his grief on his own time, in his own way. Amazing man and performer. Stronger than anybody I have ever known, and the most creative person currently roaming the planet.

June 22, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  70. gricha

Ivegotacopyrightnameucanleaseforpartoftheaction

June 22, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  71. Jeff

Love her music. Sure hope she doesn't "Over expose" herself. Excuse my pun but we've seen the "flash in the Pan" artists and after 2-3 records they are gone.

June 22, 2012 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  72. .•|•.

Divorce is tough...I think she'll get thru it just fine, tho. Luckily, there's no kids involved. I think kids suffer the most in divorce.

June 22, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Emilio Estevez

omg I know! Could you imagine if they had kids? Those poor multi-millionaire babies living an international lifestyle. So terrible...

June 22, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |