June 21st, 2012

A svelte Alec Baldwin drops trou on 'Letterman'

Alec Baldwin couldn't wait to show off his new svelte bod when he appeared on the "Late Show with David Letterman" Wednesday.

The 54-year-old "30 Rock" actor, whose clothes are a little roomier these days, even dropped his khakis to make his point.

“I’ve been trying to diet,” he said. “I’ve lost so much weight … the problem is that none of my clothes fit me. So, if you put your hands in your pockets, your pants come off.”

Letterman followed suit, exposing his white boxer briefs.

Baldwin, who might be working to shed pounds for his impending nuptials to fiancée Hilaria Thomas, told Letterman, “You can see I’ll go to any lengths to change the subject from current events.”

The New York Daily News recently accused the actor of attacking an employee on a New York street Tuesday morning, but Baldwin claims the photographer assaulted him.

“The same guy did it to me before,” he said. “He’s very masterful at getting really close to you with the camera. You think they’re going to hit you in the face. … They want you to react.”

Baldwin stars in Woody Allen’s “To Rome with Love,” which opens in New York and Los Angeles on Friday.

« Previous entry
  1. tmoto heet

too funny

June 21, 2013 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jacinda Mancia

Gout can present in a number of ways, although the most usual is a recurrent attack of acute inflammatory arthritis (a red, tender, hot, swollen joint).;;*"

Warm regards

June 21, 2013 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  3. home remedies for the gout

August 28, 2012 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  4. anobody

"Should read COULD NOT hold the jock strap......" you forgot about "the" epic fail again!

July 19, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. nuketim

Dave: you need a spray tan...LOL

And some shorter and darker socks....

July 13, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. New Gawker

Hairy people are gross.

June 28, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tully

..."svelte"??? Thinner but not svelte. Good for him, hope he'll keep them off after the wedding and stay happy and healthy.

June 25, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. DW

Alec always has been a reeeeaaal class act. What an idiot.

June 24, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Felimouse

David Letterman and AB dropping trou – love it! They're both so cute, right?

June 23, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Joseph

After watching Letterman last night all I can say is,Dave time for you and your writers to retire.

June 22, 2012 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  11. Canuckview

Those sure are hairy thighs...

June 21, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jim

A suitable display for a damaged culture like ours. Get over yourself, Alec.

June 21, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Christine

Neither man has any class whatsoever. What is funny about this? Nothing. If he wants to show off, let him do it on the beach and not on national tv. Sheeeshh.

June 21, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jaketinback

Mike...Exactly my point. The younger generation (Im guessing that would be you) has no clue as to what real comedy is. If it isnt vulgar, doesent contain a plethora of swear words or doesnt have something to do with male or female genitalia it wont sell. Do your self a favor a find something that some of the above people I mentioned did and I believe you will see the difference. Have a great day.

June 21, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jaketinback

Yes its just enthralling that these two gentlemen have some much class and try to pass it off as funny. the could hold the jock strap of guys like Red Skeleton, Sid Caeser, Ernie Kovaks and others of that era. Pathetic

June 21, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  16. T

Hey Alec,
    Now that you're slimmer and more fit, how about a sequel to the Shadow !? (LOL !)

June 21, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. box

He can't keep his fists from photographers; he can't keep his pants on. Can you say anger management attendee?

June 21, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Dan

I dont patronize any film or show that actor? is in. All I pick up is bad vibes.

June 21, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Bonnie

Those aren't wacky white/silver socks to be mocked. Those are compression socks Letterman has to wear because he has heart problems.

June 21, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  20. rotflmao

David l- what you looking at in that picture?

June 21, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  21. Leigh

I think Alec is hot.

June 21, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • L.A.

I share your thought Leigh.
      Sizzling hot. And with himself enough to do the very thing he did on live TV. That takes strength of character.

June 21, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. J. Dahmer

Whenever I want to show off my bod, I display the dismembered one I have locked in the freezer.

June 21, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  23. Jamie

I'd rather look at Alec anyday as opposed to Letterman. Just having fun.

June 21, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  24. Bonnie

Those aren't white/silver socks. Those are compression socks because Letterman has had heart problems in the past: http://www.drschollssocks.com/compressionsocks/knee-high-compression-stocking.html

June 21, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  25. CS

Geez, hairy like a gorilla! He is so gross! Hope he isn't doing same crap he did to his ex and daughter with the new young fiance. Ick!

June 21, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  26. Sly Sadie

Apparently, some of you have never seen a Victoria Secret ad. These ads run at all times of the day. I thought the clip was funny. Congrats to him for his weight loss, but dude, you got some really hairy legs.

June 21, 2012 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  27. Bar Oba

"bod"? "trou"? What is this – an entry into a competion of youth slang? Sor, I mea, wha is thi – an ent int a com of you sla?

June 21, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  28. Agrav8td

Hilaria?
    Does that rhyme with malaria?

June 21, 2012 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  29. Joseph

Kids are out of school watching T.V. Both should be arrested for this stunt.I'm quite sure Letterman's sponsors and producers are not happy today.If Letterman is on tonight and not a rerun,I am sure you will hear an apology.

June 21, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • JT

I don't know what time Letterman comes on where you live but here it comes on around midnight. If your "kids" are out of school right now (summer break?) then regardless, they should be in bed at this hour. If they are out of school (college?) then I am certain that have seen much worse than Letterman in their life. One of the problems with society today is that parents want to blame everything and everyone else for their failures instead of taking the right course and actually being a parent and setting down rules (like a decent bedtime for minors) or simply turning off the television, which has very little moral quality anyway.

June 21, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • E

OH NO. THEY DROPPED TROU. WHATEVER WILL THE YOUTH OF AMERICA DO NOW!

.....spare me. There are more damaging aspects of the media today to our youth then seeing some middle aged idiots in their boxers.

June 21, 2012 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • @Joseph

You must be kidding. I've seen Speedo commercials during the day that have way more sking than this clip.

June 21, 2012 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Joseph

I know compared to many other things on T.V. this amounts to squat.Some shows only survive on pushing the limits,especially animated ones.I love Archer and they really push the envelope,But their sponsors know what to expect If Letterman could take this back,You can bet good money on it he would.Just watch tonight and see if he doesn't apologize for getting caught up in the so called moment.Then he'll do a joke about a squirrels nuts.

June 21, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Fladabosco

Are you kidding? This is the most publicity Letterman has had since what's her name flashed her boobies at him.

June 22, 2012 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
  30. duh

"a guy comes up to me on the subway and says, you got any gum"?
    only funny thing letterman ever said.

June 21, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  31. Joe

Yay. Baldwin and Letterman can both take turns banging the show's interns. Get off on each other's sloppy seconds.

June 21, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  32. Phalic baldwin

Phallic baldwin

June 21, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  33. hello there

I think she meant impromptu instead of extemporaneous.

June 21, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  34. peridot2

Nummy goodness. Way to go, Alec.

June 21, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  35. Darlene Handley

Um, ladies who are commentating, Letterman's socks aren't white, they are a silver and quite nice actually!

June 21, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |