Bill and Giuliana Rancic are expecting a boy
June 18th, 2012

Bill and Giuliana Rancic are expecting a boy

It looks like blue will win out over pink as the prevailing color scheme in Bill and Giuliana Rancic's new nursery.

That's because the reality TV couple have announced they're expecting a little boy! The pending parents, who are having the child via a gestational surrogate, gave friends and family the scoop on the baby's sex during their L.A. baby shower on Sunday, according to Us Weekly.

"We are beyond excited to be having a little boy," Bill said of his son, who will make his debut at the end of the summer. "We are so ready for everything that comes with being a new mom and dad! We just can't wait!"

Breast cancer survivor Giuliana, who over the past few years has chronicled her struggle to get pregnant, echoed her husband’s happy sentiments in May.

The 37-year-old E! News anchor told Us Weekly, "We are so blessed! This truly is a miracle baby."

As they await their newborn, the pair have reportedly been shuttling back and forth between their homes in Chicago and Los Angeles to be with their surrogate during her doctor's appointments.

The couple announced their impending arrival in April.

1. I HAVE ALOT OF SUPPORT IN LA ALSO

GREAT STATE...

December 17, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. MY FAMILY APPLAUDS ME

EVERY DAM DAY....ESPECIALLY WHEN MY FATHER IS WATCHING THE HISTORY CHANNEL

December 17, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Brendajoyce

U people get a life. Folks R gonna do what they want to do. Do u see any 0r many 115 yr old people. 120? Spend time seeking an answer to the question "What must I do to be Saved? Death is a certain! Argue that! Prepare yourselves for that!

July 6, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Brentwood, CA Local

I was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 37. Within days of diagnosis I started IVF since time was of essence for many reasons. (I was unsuccesful in getting pregnant prior to breast cancer diagnosis but had not yet tried IVF.) I needed a surrogate to carry my baby since surgery, chemo & tamoxifen would delay my ability to carry a baby for 6 years. I was so fortunate to have younger cousin who offered to carry my baby for me using our frozen embryos. I am now thrilled mother of 18 month old baby. We will use surrogacy agency for next baby. Surrogates are amazing people (as are their families as a ton of family support is critical). I was so fortunate to have amazing doctors in LA. My surgeon

June 28, 2012 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  5. theduke

I had ovarian cancer and can't have kids and can't AFFORD TO BUY one,,,,,,,,,that's real life, not this crap

June 24, 2012 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Kate

First off – a little factual information. Guiliana cannot have a child during the next five years. The fertility drugs she requires to become pregnant will more than likely "reactivate" the cancer. Secondly, she didn't "buy" her baby. Yes, it costs money for the IVF procedure and yes, more than likely she is paying for the medical expenses of the surrogate, but these costs would be incurred by anyone who experiences a pregnancy. For that matter, if you have a trusted friend or relative, you can delete those expenses as well. IVF is also performed at many hospitals with a "money-back guarantee" – you don't get pregnant, you don't pay. I'm sorry to hear you have faced (and conquered!) cancer, and anger is a natural response to this situation. Many women face infertility and can choose from several paths to achieving motherhood. I wish you luck in your future.

June 24, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Sarah Michele

So happy for them. I love them both and enjoy watching their show – they are smart, articulate and so funny. They are one of the more relatable couple in Hollywood... and after all they have been through, everyone should be nothing but happy for them. Congrats, can't wait to see the little bambino!

June 24, 2012 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  7. rob

well others suffer more than you

June 23, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Kelly

I'm absolutely disgusted by most of the comments on here. People do not understand how horrible it is for a couple to struggle with infertility unless you have dealt with it yourself. I have followed their story for years and went through IVF at the same time Giuliana did. I now have 1 yr old twin boys. I couldn't be happier for them and am so happy that they finally get their wish of a child. They are so deserving and will make amazing parents. I couldn't imagine dealing with infertility and cancer at the same time. Giuliana handled with such class. For people on here to attack her weight and their character is horrible, I just thank god that I was raised properly. Congrats Bill and Giuliana

June 22, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  9. SARAH

WOW Chris!! you missed the whole thing. The gift is from God, not the surrogate mother. Just to show you how much you know. You can't tell when God uses "people" to love and help each other. Who invented and made it possible for surrogate???? Don't take God's glory away.

June 20, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Irish

People if you have not got anything nice to say dont say anything at all.

Congrats to them. Having a wee baby is the best thing in the world and everyone no matter what journey they have to go on should get a chance to experience this.

Best of luck to you both

June 20, 2012 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  11. Steph

WOW, such nastiness from alot of you...

June 19, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. carol

what happened to the female fertilized egg that was supposedly how the cancer was decovered. were her eggs not used/

June 19, 2012 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
    • pj

The egg was not cancerous. Her cancer was discovered when they did a mammogram as a precautionary measure before going ahead with another IVF procedure.

June 19, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Cindy

Even if I think that Bill is a pretty good guy, Giullianna is not only not pretty but she has a skinny boy body which is probably the reason why it's jacked up and can't get pregnant ....she should just eat something, gain a pound and stop being so superficial.

June 18, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cynthia

Hey cindy, stop being so judgemental. Being skinny or not being pretty has nothing to do with pregnancy. I am skinny and i have 3 healthy kids. Giuliana did get pregnant but had a miscarriage. People you are the reason so many people have very low self esteem.

June 18, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • graphicsgirl777

Wow Cindy. What an incredibly unintelligent, ugly thing to say.

June 19, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Gov Blago

Why didnt they just go adopt a big dog, from a shelter. I mean do you HAVE TO have a kid, to make a marriage work?

June 18, 2012 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Artgirl

Better yet, adopt a child who needs a family. Then, adopt a dog AND cat from the local shelter.

June 20, 2012 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Samantha

OMG Maybe if she ATE something she could carry the kid herself-seriously.

June 18, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Meg

Seriously!! That's your argument? I mean- happy news is happy news. So tired of the haters! I just love how the advent of the net has allowed small, sad, hating people to spew stuff they never would have the guts to say to someones face. I guess you were never taught, " If you can't say anything nice................"

June 20, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  16. gmomtyler

I love both of them. I feel like i went thru everything with them, and you can be sure mine was one of the prayers sent on their behalf. I am so very happy they will have the baby they always wanted. No one should be deprived of that gift from God, and of all people them. They will be the best parents ever. I cannot wait to see the baby...big head and all. lol

June 18, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Actually, the gift is from the serrogate mother, not God. If God wanted her to have a baby, she would have gotten pregnant.

June 19, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  17. Bob

That thing is going to look like an alien hypbrid. WHY is this woman treated like she is relevant for ANYTHING? Shes arrogant and her entire line of work is blubbering on about Kim Kardashians handbags. WOW that a heck of talent you have there MORK.

June 18, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Space Ghost

Congratulations Zorak!

June 18, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  19. salleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You're right, Joey. Why do people have to be so nasty? Lots of people do care what they are doing, Rebbeca. You
    are just a bitter hater.

It's wonderful that Bill and Giuliana have come through so much and are now going to have what they have wanted
    for so long, a baby. Congratulations and you will be great parents!

June 18, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  20. Rebbeca

These 2 have to be the most irritating couple i have seen in a long time. They are celebrity wanna be's! No one cares what they are doing i didn't even read the article because i don't care and no one else does either.

June 18, 2012 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Joey

No, you know what's irritating. Hater people like yourself who take joyful news for a couple who have been struggling to have a baby and make it ugly. You don't have to like them, nobody asked you. BUT, you need to take your hate elsewhere.

June 18, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Jason the 13th

Hey, let's bring the hate to your house! I'll get my hockey mask, sharpen up my machete, maybe even get my old pal Freddy Krueger to come along!

June 18, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • PaulieWalnuts

Joey, Go F yourself.

June 18, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • graphicsgirl777

Hey Rebecca, If you didn't care you wouldn't post sweetheart. Get over yourself and move on.

June 19, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Meg

Rebecca-So you NEVER read the article and you can't stand them, but, you just had to comment? Come on! Seriously get a life! Or better yet instead of commenting and wasting your precious time; perhaps take a grammar lesson or two. Just saying........... Arguments and Comments read better when they come across as from being from someone who is articulate. By the way, articulate means well spoken-just sayin'.

June 20, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |