Cox, Arquette on same page in divorce
June 14th, 2012

Cox, Arquette on same page in divorce

Even as they go their separate ways, Courteney Cox and David Arquette appear to be on the same page.

The two actors, who split up in 2010, both filed for divorce on June 8, People reports. Arquette, 40, cited irreconcilable differences in his filing, and Cox, who turns 48 Friday, did the same. They're also both seeking joint legal and physical custody of their daughter Coco, who celebrated her eighth birthday Wednesday.

Cox did have one reported addition, though. She's asked the court to drop "Arquette" from her last name.

Hopefully the two will remain "best friends," which is how they characterized their relationship when the pair announced their separation nearly two years ago.

At the time, Cox and Arquette  issued a joint statement saying that "The reason for this separation is to better understand ourselves and the qualities we need in a partner and for our marriage."

It seems they've come to the conclusion that they're better separate than together. The "Cougar Town” actress will represent herself in court, and Arquette will do the same.

The pair met on the set of "Scream" in 1996 and got hitched in 1999.

1. TruthTeller

No. The reason is that David stuck his p3ni$ in another woman.

June 19, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ptsdLOADING

Does David Arquette look like Dennis Hopper to anyone else?

June 18, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cindy

Even if she is much older than he is .... she is so much better off with out him. He values her ZERO. She is so classy and beautiful, he has a somewhat famous last name .... he's trash and loves to pick it up too ... I was wondering where her self respect was for a moment there ....

June 18, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Rebbeca

They are what people should be when they get divorced. It didn't work stay friends for the sake of the child and move on. I think these two should be role models for divorced couples in hollywood or elsewhere. I love them both!

June 15, 2012 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  4. V's Hubby

I'm glad to see them have an agreeable divorce. I finally got some great news. The mrs finally broke down & told me that we never did the deed that totally drunken evening, and I avoided going anywhere near that after we were married. ( I kept waiting for mr wiggly to turn colors or something! Thank god!) We never consumated the marriage! Annullment, here I come! Longest 30 days of my life! Be careful where you drink, dudes. Lol

June 14, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jake @V's hubby

Does that mean you are getting rid of all those cats, too? lmao

June 14, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |