'Twilight Saga's' Renesmee unveiled
June 13th, 2012

'Twilight Saga's' Renesmee unveiled

Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson look way too young to be parents in a new photo of the pair as their "Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" alter-egos, Bella Swan and Edward Cullen.

EW.com: Ten new photos from "Breaking Dawn - Part 2"

But then again, they're (now both) vampires who became immortal in their late teens, and again once more, their daughter Renesmee is a human-vampire hybrid who practically ages in dog years. Mackenzie Foy, the actress who plays the vampire couple's daughter in the final "Twilight Saga" film, "Breaking Dawn - Part 2," is actually 11 years old.

Entertainment Weekly snapped a family portrait of the three for their latest issue, in which Stewart, currently riding box office success with "Snow White and the Huntsman," notes how much Foy really does look like her.

"Even our hands look similar," Stewart, 22, said. "It was kind of strange. But it's funny how it actually helps. It's like, 'Oh, hey, you look like me, kid! Come on!"

Playing the part of her parents carried over behind-the-scenes as well, said director Bill Condon, with 26-year-old Pattinson showing his "paternal" side and Stewart being "protective."

It sounds like Foy used those instincts to her advantage, too: "We're all around the same age and we're not really polite to each other anymore," Pattinson said of the "Twilight Saga" cast's relationship. With Foy on set, "you'd have to tone it down when Mackenzie was around. She had a little swear jar and I think she made 850 bucks or something."

Undoubtedly Foy'll make way more than that when "Breaking Dawn - Part 2" arrives in theaters November 16.

Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Twilight

1. Krista

I don't think the kid who plays Renesmee looks like she could be their daughter. She doesn't look like them at all. She is very beautiful though.

July 3, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. KSantana

LazyCash43.com

June 15, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joe

Our church youth group had a cuss box. We had enough to send the whole group to France...

June 15, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  4. Annie

It's fantasy people....if you don't like it, go somewhere else for your fantasy....

I think it has been great fun! My grown daughter in law and son in law got me started on this series along with my daughter, and we have all had great fun.

June 14, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Darrell

I have to admit that is some really good casting. Nice job finding a girl that fits the pair of parents but she actually does look like a younger version of the image they showed in part one during Jacob's visions.

June 14, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Michael Caliazzo

We love the show.

June 14, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Michael Calliazzo

Ensemble cast.

June 14, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Shan

Nia – I'm right there with you. Grown men and Superheroes crack me up. They get so excited. :)

June 14, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. NONYA

The kid really does look like both of them...waiting for the story of the secret baby 0_o

June 14, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Ganan

Kristen Stewart = worse actress ever....

June 14, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eric

Worst******** I love criticizing criticizers.

June 14, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • chris

What are your qualifications?

June 14, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • ElKai0

Seriously, she has a seizure on screen everytime someone speaks to her. Its like shes a little retarded or something. Saw her on Leno one time, only reason this weirdos famous is because her daddys a big shot in hollywood.

June 15, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  11. PJ

Here! Garlic-flavored condoms. Try 'em! Sparkly at the tip!

June 14, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Leigha

Give me Alcide, Eric, Sookie, Pam, and the rest of that strange gang any day!

June 14, 2012 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  13. oakie

these comments prove everyone has different tastes nothing more nothing less. By making the comments the books and movies are doing exactly what they were created to do...to give entertainment and ideas and you all have just proved that.

June 14, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Eric

oakie, why did you capitalize the first letter of the first word in your second sentence, but not the first sentence?

June 14, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Painful

WHY must this movie series total 5?? Kristen Stewart's draw and entire career is a complete mystery. She and Pattinson are painful to watch on screen and in real life.

June 14, 2012 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
    • ericbrett73

I guess its all relative... I actually think she has a subtlety to her craft, not over exaggerated like some actors. I think she gets her point accross effortlessly. But hey, to each their own.

June 14, 2012 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Anita

I agree Kristen is definitely painful to watch, if I see her awkwardly chew on her lip one more time while stumbling through a line I'll SCREAM. She seems to be that way in every movie I've seen her in too. About the only role I think "fit" her was when she played Joan Jett, because Joan was also awkwardly weird in her behavior. Pattinson on the other hand...while, not all that great in these movies (I think it's how Edward's written) has been really good in other movies. I enjoyed him in Water for Elephants and Remember Me.

June 14, 2012 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Yet you read about, and obviously watch, everything she does??? I find it strange how so many commenters on entertainment stories sign in and read stories about things they claim hold no interest to them. Just admit you're a fan and be done with it. Or do like me, only read about things you're interested in.

June 14, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • youmakenosense

why bother watching if they are so painful?

June 15, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  15. Joseph

I watched the first one after my daughter bought the DVD.I didn't need to watch any others.These movies have taken werewolves back to the nineteen thirties.

June 14, 2012 at 5:52 am | Report abuse |
  16. siya

Justin Bieber.

...sorry there was no mention of him in this thread.

June 14, 2012 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  17. DJG

I see these comments of how bad this show is, and how it has ruined mankind (lmao). My question is then why were you at the article in the first place? With some of the comments, I think there is a definate need for attention....just sayin.

June 13, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anita

Ya know...I get really tired of posts like this where someone says (basically) "if you don't like it then why are you even commenting on it?" It's called...an opinion. Articles aren't written just for people who love the movie, book, or actors to read. If they were then nothing would ever get a bad review. In this instance there are many people (myself included) who really loved the books but found some of the casting in the movie (aka Kristen Stewart) to be really annoying and lacking. In the book yes, Bella is somewhat awkward and clumsy but she doesn't come across as someone who has to force every sentence out through her teeth. Kristen's portrayal of her just makes me want to slap her and ruins the movies for me....although I watch them to see how well the follow the books.

June 14, 2012 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  18. Lorenzo

Abomination it is-surely THIS generation will perpetuate the downfall of this great nation and between Hollywood and Mittens we have a great start!

June 13, 2012 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  19. TheGraduate

Finally–there's an end in sight! Wishing this would go away & take Lindsey Ho-han & Kim KardAssian with it.

June 13, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  20. I cataldi

Can not wait !!!!

June 13, 2012 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Yawn

Still can't believe how bad these movies are, and yet tween girls flock to them like a bieber concert.

June 13, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Nia

I can't wait for all those super hero movies to go away: Spider Man, Batman, Captain America, Iron Man. What is it about grown up men and the superhero stuff?

June 13, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anita

I like many of the Super Hero movies! They've been entertaining and the whole family can see them with no issue. The only one I wasn't crazy about was Thor and I don't get the remake of Spider Man coming out. Thor was just really pathetic, the story was really, really lacking. Whereas this movie franchise really does have a fairly interesting story behind it (at least in the books)...but some of the acting detracts from it. It's hard for me to enjoy Kristen when I just want to reach through the screen, slap her upside the head and say "spit your line out already!!!"

June 14, 2012 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  23. Angel

Breaking Dawn Part 1 was nominated for several Razzies including worst movie and almost won, so showing this cute little family picture most likely will not help Breaking Dawn part 2 !!

June 13, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • ericbrett73

Razzies are critics choice.
      Box office is something totally different. Have you noticed how much that or even the this franchise has grossed worldwide? Its kind of like having the assumption that an oscar win means box office success. Thankfully, we know different!

June 14, 2012 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  24. KL

Where's Abe Lincoln when you really need him?

June 13, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • ktina

That really made me lol! And to be honest I cant wait for that movie to come out either!

June 14, 2012 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  25. Sammy

Such lovely comments...why not just enjoy the photo and move on...the last movie will be the best yet...can't wait...

June 13, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eric

Sammy, that is because some of us are not fans like you apparently are.

June 14, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  26. beelzabarber

What the hell is a Renesmuneenume...? This series has ruined the formerly cool Vampire. Now they are all wishy washy ambiguous emo kids. Watch interview with a vampire!!! Thats some good stuff

June 13, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anita

Sssshhhh or they'll remake that movie too!! I'm so sick of re-makes! I like Perfect Creature for a good Vamp flick too. What I'd like to see is something more original again, perhaps Anne Rice's "Servant of The Bones". That one could be really cool...and original with the right cast.

June 14, 2012 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Ambeeeer

Renesmuneenume? It's Renesmee. Named after Edward's Mum ( Esme ) and Bella's Mum ( Renee )

December 30, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jesse

Abomination is right; the fact that these books/movies make so much money is perfect evidence of humanity's long slow spiral down the toilet drain.

June 13, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  28. MobiusEight

I'm waiting for the story of drug abuse that'll come out years later. Obviously writing this book was when Stephanie Meyer started using.

June 13, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Bugg

Nah, it's not that they're too young, it's just that the plot is bad - that's all! :o)

June 13, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Argh!

Can't wait the day this abomination is done and over with.

June 13, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |