R. Patz hates this headline
June 12th, 2012

R. Patz hates this headline

If you’re trying to stay on Robert Pattinson’s good side (and who’s not?) may we recommend that you refrain from using the nickname,“R. Patz”? (Perhaps we should offer our apologies in advance...)

The actor recently told The Guardian that his aversion to that particular “term of endearment” is so strong he's envisioned doing bodily harm to the person who came up with it.

When he landed his part in the upcoming movie "Cosmopolis," "every single article that came out was, 'R. Patz's struggle for credibility!'” the 26-year-old “Twilight” star said of the media coverage. "I don't understand who invented that thing, 'R. Patz.' I want to strangle them."

Speaking of his transition to more adult roles after the "Twilight" series ends this year, Pattinson's also hoping for a shift in perception about his intelligence.

"It is surprising the amount of people who think I'm going to be really dumb. I think they think anyone who has done teen movies is just an idiot," he said. (He's not too cocky, however, because he added, "I don't know, maybe I am. Some of the best actors, if you talk to them, they're not the smartest people in the world.")

Pattinson’s decidedly smart turn in “Cosmopolis,” co-starring Juliette Binoche, Paul Giamatti and Samantha Morton, can be seen by audiences nationwide on August 17.

1. elizabeth

to JCD, George Clooney

June 14, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. P. Ratz

Tomika. That is funny Tom Micheal Anderson!

June 14, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  3. rh

Thought the story was about Etan Patz, my bad.

June 14, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  4. Gigi

I blame J Lo.

June 13, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. nuance

I just love this guy. He would have every reason in the world to have an inflated ego by now and yet he remiains so simple and down-to-earth. He's clearly a talented and handsome guy but his personality is what makes him most appealing to me.

June 13, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. The BUNER

I'd love to bang Kelly Rippa.

June 13, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  7. Anita

I don't blame him for hating that headline or that idiotic name. The media seems to feel they have to combine, shorten, or cutesify people's names and it's stupid! As for some of the really good actors, he's not far off the mark, there are some dumb as a box of rocks actors out there...but it seems to help them turn into the role they need to play.

June 13, 2012 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  8. J

People think he is dumb because of the dumb things that come out of his mouth. And I agree about Twilight. That series is such an insult to females.

June 13, 2012 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. green paper

so let's call him Ed Cull!

June 13, 2012 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
  10. Klaark

I like this guy more and more everytime I read about him. He knows the media and its readers are insufferable morons. Yes, the people who come up with names like R. Patz, Scar-Jo, J-Lo, Bennifer, and all that should die slowly of cancer for being stupid, stupid people.

June 12, 2012 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Central Scrutinizer

He still looks creepy to me. And pale. Go to the beach and brown a little.

June 12, 2012 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Solo

I think the "nickname" thing for these actors is so third grade. Somehow, Hollywood reporters think it's cool. It must be part of the Kathy Lee Gifford school of thought.

June 12, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. JCD

A lot of people give him and Kristen Stewart a hard time for doing Twilight (which is a horrible series that has made a ton of money off the dirty fantasies of older women and the swooning of teenage girls for heroic seeming control freaks in love with a weak-willed woman who cares for nothing but her boyfriends). I respect twilight for its success but hate it for its content. But neither of the stars have ever come out defending it as art or great masterpieces. So I feel bad that they are judged by their characters. An actor, I cannot recall who, once said 'i do the crappy movies to pay for the things i love', like producing and/or funding indie films that are near and dear to their heart.

June 12, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Snide

I hate this headline too.

June 12, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |