Watch: First trailer for 'Django Unchained'
June 7th, 2012

Watch: First trailer for 'Django Unchained'

An eye-popping trailer for Quentin Tarantino’s new film “Django Unchained” has hit the web.

The western-themed movie is about a German bounty hunter (Christoph Waltz as Dr. King Schultz) who recruits a slave named Django (Jamie Foxx) to help him find his foes, The Brittle Brothers.

In exchange, Django would win his own freedom and get help in overcoming a vicious plantation owner (Leonardo DiCaprio’s Calvin Candie), who has kidnapped his enslaved wife (Kerry Washington).

The clip shows Foxx's Django attempting to fight the powers that be, as he says in the trailer, "I kill white people and get paid for it. What’s not to like?” After a solemn opening scene, the trailer displays more of its quick action against a remix of the James Brown classic “The Big Payback.” (Typical Tarantino.)

It’s the “Pulp Fiction” director’s ninth film.

And while it may not exactly be the feel-good family movie of the year, “Django Unchained” arrives on Christmas Day.

1. JUGGERNAUT

LMAO

every-time America's dirty laundry is put on display (slavery, Segregation, extermination of native american)....the racist whites gets all uncomfortable.

June 10, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. boop

Looks good on preview. Can't wait to see it.

June 9, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Brad

yes, Michael King, whose claim to fame is posting on the CNN Marquee Blog can make a better movie than Quentin Tarantino. He can also swim faster than Michael Phelps, throw harder than Justin Verlander, and write better than Shakespeare. He just chooses to use his talents on entertainment blog posts

June 8, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael King

@ Brad, I sure can do all of that and I can fly and walk on water. My opinion must mean something because you took the time to make a smart remark. I sure do think and know I can make a better movie than Tarantino. We all know that by this time next year they will be showing this film on cable and it will have 1 star, if they even give it that. As I said before lets see him make a good movie not dealing with race. He knows his movies are bad so he makes movies like this hoping people will watch cause of the slavery stuff. Once again just make a good film OR do like everybody else these days and make a movie about a superhero. We have 2 real good ones that are about to come out. Batman & Spiderman. Movie's that people are going 2 see because they are excited about them and they are good. Im going to see both. I obviously, like most people will not be going to see this movie. The main thing I don't understand is how can a millionaire who made a few good films like Pulp Fiction make bad movies like this. Just take the time 2 make a great film. It's not like your in danger of losing everything you have.

June 8, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lincoln

Im gonna say this in code so the powers that be at CNN don't delete me for telling the truth about the powers that be. Yes this country is race obsessed and thats because nothing from the past all the way up to today regarding race has ever been solved. People here are told to get over race. While other groups get to talk about what happened to them all the time. But as far as race in America nothing was ever done so of course their will always be anger and an obsession with race.

June 8, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  5. Bobby

I LoVe CNN

June 8, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  6. Lincoln

CNN loves deleting peoples comments.

June 8, 2012 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  7. Breed11

Wow, this country is race obsessed. No wonder it is in decline, can't let go of the past. Instead of making futuristic movies wondering what could be, we are obsessed with what has been.

June 8, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  8. JellyBean

"I like the way you die, boy." Can't wait. Q is awesome.

June 8, 2012 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  9. Michael King

@ TM, If you mean making movies just to spark controversy over race and have black & white people arguing about a crappy movie then yes Tarantino is a genius. My 11 year old nephew could make some crappy movie about a slave getting revenge and put some James Brown music behind it. Lets see Brett Favre, I mean Tarantino make a film thats just good, plain and simple. No slave bull-crap, no saying the N word bull-crap, just a good movie. And my movie will be coming out soon.

June 7, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. mikrik13

Looking forward to it. Tarantino is my kind of freak.

June 7, 2012 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. paul

oh here we go...now all you uppity people will say this is the best movie ever since precious...way to go tarantino

June 7, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Michael King

It looks like this movie is more about sparking controversy over race and slavery than just being a good movie. Quentin Tarantino is like a old veteran quarterback who should've retired years ago. Now he's just happy to still be playing in the game. I could make a better movie than this.

June 7, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |