June 6th, 2012

Charlize Theron on her 'creepy' charity date

When you hear of celebrities signing up for those date auctions that benefit charities, you don’t normally find out how the date went.

But Charlize Theron wasn't shy about spilling the details to Conan O’Brien Tuesday night, saying that the auctioned date she agreed to was so “weird," she doesn't plan on doing another one.

"They trick you with the whole people are suffering thing," she said. "Rich people can be creeps too, they can rape.”

Check out the video for the full story.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities

1. I am just getting started on the Internet. I am retired now. There is quite a rich diversity of information in blogs so I am getting involved and commenting. I think that you have to put some attention on a blog to bring it above the dry and boring verbag

Thank you for another fantastic post. The place else may just anybody get that type of info in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I'm on the search for such information.

August 5, 2012 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. SusanF

The video is gone. You need to pull this story and stop showing its link on other stories.

July 5, 2012 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  3. Charlie the Disgusting Piglet Woman

This chick gives me the hives. The psychology genes in that family ain't too strong and spiffy. Pray for her child.

July 3, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  4. Bad Date Guy

Oh sure its all good while I was eating at the Y but when I asked her to return the favor, it was 'creepy'

July 2, 2012 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  5. NECHOII

There are always THREE SIDES TO A STORY. HER VERSION OF WHAT HAPPENED. HIS VERSION OF WHAT HAPPENED.........AND WHAT REALLY HAPPENED !
    Right now, I would like to hear HIS side of the story.

July 1, 2012 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  6. Charlize Taxi

Charlize getting out of the taxi cab (must see) http://www.military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/improvised-weapons/car-bomb-kills-syrian-army-soldiers/1653148294001

June 29, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. DNL

Hey folks – you can see video of the interview on You Tube.

June 27, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  8. Stentor

Think about what happened the last time she went on a lunch date with Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate, heh, heh, heh!

June 26, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. truebob

either she was playing it up to plug her own charity for Conan or she really has issues. Sounds pretty paranoid to me, "The closer I got [to the date], I was like, this could actually turn out really bad, " Pyyycho...

June 26, 2012 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  10. Amathyne

I just love how she says "Rich people can be creeps too." implying that poor people are always creeps, of course. Way to sound like a total ivory-tower snob, lady.

June 25, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
    • PhilG

There is a public perception that rich people have better control over their impulses and have way more to lose then poor people so they are less inclined to be like that.

She is just saying rich people don't deserve any more respect in this area then anyone else.

Not a slam on poor people at all-more a slam at the idea that rich people are any different.

July 5, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. PhilG

Miss Theron implies that the guy she met for the charity tried to rape her.

I'd like to see the interview to see if this is actually what she said.

Regardless of how beautiful Charlize is,that does'nt make it right to try and rape her or anyone.

June 25, 2012 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  12. SciGuy73

This isn't much of a story with the video gone. Come on CNN.

June 24, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  13. jamesnyc

Without knowing what this guy deserved to be treated this way, I can't judge but Charlize is said to be OCD so she might be just a little creepy herself. Pretty girl don't get me wrong but I wouldn't jump to conclusions. She makes it sound like she was treated like an escort or something...

June 22, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Angelina J.

I heard she only takes it in the ass...

June 20, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Joe

d he ejaculate inside her tight, moist V agina?

June 20, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • B. Obama

Charlize creampie for everyone!

June 20, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • izzy

Does this have anything to do about the subject? No wonder we have people leki romney,zimmerman running around.

June 22, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  16. j

if i were the guy, i would sue the crap out of her for assuming i was a rapist on live tv...

June 19, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  17. UsedToBeAFan

Really Dissapointed , If i were a charity, I would never ask for her help.

Vid looks to me missing, here is a link to another one.

June 18, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Justin

As creepy as her character in Monster?

June 18, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Thedude

I always thought she was a nice lady but she sounds pretty snobbish about this. Maybe it was awkward and all but she could just keep that to herself. Now all I will think when I see her in anything is how pretentious she is.

June 17, 2012 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Rich Guy

Is she 13? Any blind date is an unkown...she should have the foresight to appreciate that....WOW

June 17, 2012 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  21. V

She certainly isn't doing that charity, or those like it any favors. Who the hell would risk having their reputation trashed if some celebrity badmouths them after the date?

June 17, 2012 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  22. Sam

I think I might shoot myself if I had to go on a date with her, and her non-stop blah blah blah blah blah. A pretty face can only get you so far.

June 16, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Snoop

More than likely, you'd turn out to be a creeper when you drooled all over her, Sam.

June 18, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  23. O'Brother

These are the same famous people who go on and on and on about how their private lives should stay private. They all go bonkers about THEIR personal lives being played out in the media, but they'll throw anyone under the bus for a talk show spot when their career has been dead for years. Reminds me of the pampered rich kids at the Country Club I worked at. They couldn't own up to their pot smoking so they pinned it on the Mexican guy who couldn't speak English on the grounds crew and got him fired. Their parents knew their kids did it and they let the poor guy get fired. Typical of the rich and Famous. Nice work Charlize. Really graceful. Now maybe you'll get enough buzz to be semi famous again. Maybe you can do a B-movie script with Demi Moore, Lindsay Lohan and Charo.

June 16, 2012 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  24. CreepyRichGuy

So she decided before the date the person would be creepy. And brought friends along for the date. Maybe he was creepy because you treated him like a serial killer. And decided to add two other people to the bill. When this guy thought he would get to chat with someone who I have to assume he was a big fan of. You site no reason why he was creepy...Maybe he was just nervous, you shallow hag.
    What was he going to do attack you in the middle of a classy restaurant. It's not like you met in a dark parking lot.
    Now you have completely humiliated him, since anyone who knows me knows about the date. Nice work...go date some shallow Hollywood type who will treat you like garbage.

June 15, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Jimi Hendrix

Like another poster said, she made up her mind he was a creep before she got there– Classless act.

June 14, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  26. sonofelma

Sounds like the rich creeps with no lady skills are out in force to heap on Ms. Theron today.

June 14, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  27. EVN

So she made a mistake in agreeing to have dinner with a stranger and her own life experience might make her more distrustful than others might be. Her heart was in the right place in being willing to help the charity, but she has now come to realize how she helped wasn't the smartest thing to do.

What is more surprising to me and much more interesting is that lunch with Warren Buffet was auctioned off for nearly 3.5 million. That someone has that kind of money to just throw away for a lunch date speaks volumes on what is wrong with this country, particluarly in light of the average persons net worth having fallen from some $126,000 at the begining of this economic collapse and as of 2010 it was down to an average net worth of some $77,000.

June 13, 2012 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Peter Knight

FYI, The lunch date with WB is donated to charity.

June 13, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Florist

It's none of your business how much money anyone has or what they choose to spend it on. Maybe you should worry a little more about bettering yourself and improving your own bottom line and less about what everyone else has. Didn't your mommy ever teach you that?

June 17, 2012 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Mk2

How was it thrown away if it was given to charity? Mind boggling stupid post you made .

June 17, 2012 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Mk2

Evn , let me get this straight , a person has success, enough of it that they decide to give back 3.5 million dollars to dharitble causes , so instead of applauding it , you choose to make it an example of what is wrong with America.

Let me clue ou in, YOU are what is wrong with America .

June 17, 2012 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
    • lornee

Who appointed you to judge how a person chooses to spend their own money. The money goes to a worthy charity anyway.
      In some ways it is sanctimonious people like you who are what is wrong with America.

June 17, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dawn

WB lunch was a charity event

June 22, 2012 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
    • AGrey

EVN: I think it's a pretty great thing that someone in this country can make enough money to donate $3.5 million in exchange for lunch with Warren Buffet. I might only have a 0.01% chance of becoming a multi-millionaire but I would rather have a 0.01% chance here than a 0% chance in some other country.

As for Charlize whoever and her date. Maybe he was creepy. Maybe she just wasn't comfortable with the whole thing from the beginning. If she didn't feel safe going in though, she should have called it off and picked up the tab. Don't just go accusing a guy of being creepy because you didn't want to go on the date in the first place.

June 23, 2012 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  28. Jordan

Typical woman these days. Scared of her own shadow, and anyone that's not a movie star is a "creeper."

June 12, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Crease

U r such a loser!! Not typical woman but typical behavior just around u cause u r so stupid.

July 2, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  29. Oy

Ok, so I watched the video (did any of you really watch it?)...and am not sure why everyone's panties are in a wad. She's saying the situation was creepy! And who cares if she said the guy was weird?? Maybe he was!
    I get the feeling that those calling her names and dissing her are a. homely women or b. men she'd never dream of dating. She's freaking gorgeous and seems perfectly nice..."cold"? No.

June 12, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Patricia

I don't see how her going on this date was too different from people going on a date w/someone they've met online. I think it kind of stinks that she bad-mouthed the date on national TV – like another commenter stated, she should have just kept it to herself. What if the poor guy she went on the date with thought it went alright? Unless he attacked or embarrassed her in public, she shouldn't have embarrassed HIM on television...

June 12, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  31. SCG

Q: What kind of lady sits with her legs open like that, especially while she's on TV?

A: One who is obviously trying to show off the bottoms of her shoes...

PS – Charlize, you sound like a "dumb blonde" when you talk about anything, so sharing details to further illustrate that is tragic.

June 12, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Oy

Why do you care how she's sitting!? She is wearing PANTS! Crossing your legs is very bad for you...did you know that? and she hardly sounds like a "dumb blonde".
      Jealous much?

June 12, 2012 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • pooflingingmonkey

Shouldn't you be telling the kids to stop playing on your lawn, or something equally boring?

June 13, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Sparky M.

Ok, she totally comes off as a spoiled brat in this video, I'll give you that. Especially if she wants pity.

But c'mon – seriously? How many of y'all have been asked out by someone you think is alright only to find out at dinner that they're horrible? And they're not being completely monsterous, so you can't just up and leave, but you're sitting there the entire meal horrified by how rude (or crass or immature or whatever) they are. If I were in her place and the guy acted like a total creep, I'd call him out on national TV too. It's not like she revealed his name, and maybe it'll make the dude realize he was being a dick. Also – this guy? If he really wanted to "do good", he could've just given the money to charity without receiving anything but a hefty tax break in return.

June 11, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Rick

She should have just pulled a "Snow White and the Huntsman" thing on her date. That crazy queen was evil!

June 11, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • kujuboman

Right on....she had the talent why not use it course the other side of that could have gone like this "for a million dollars I shall give you if you sleep with me one time..tonight" I am sure that might have got her attention.

June 11, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  34. neohemp

I like how she coordinated her shoes with Conan's mic

June 11, 2012 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  35. Basil Fawlty

Rich people are often the creepiest ones out there. They feel beyond reproach and often act accordingly.

June 10, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • esmiranda

That is no exaggeration. CNN posted results from a study that showed rich people don't think of being unethical or immoral as "cheating" or taking advantage of others as wrong, they believe if there is an advantage, it is their right to take it and come out ahead. It's a survival-of-the-fittest thing.

June 11, 2012 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Mongo

Rich has its privileges. Mistakenly believing you have "bought" a movie star. Nice people aren't rich for a reason.

June 18, 2012 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  36. James

From what I've seen from her in the past, it seems she has a real problem with men in general, I get a feeling she hates men.

June 10, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hugh Jass

I guarantee you she would turn you down, but that doesn't mean she hates men. She'd go out with me.

June 12, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  37. wake up and smell the coffee

what is this she talking about.

June 10, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Michael

If Charlize wants to stay away from violence than she should stay away from her own mother, killer of her husband.

June 10, 2012 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  39. boop

Sure makes you think before going on a date without knowing them better. Could have made it with friends.

June 9, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  40. SKY

FACT: THE DATE COULD HAVE BEEN WORST.....NEVER EVER DO THIS AGAIN......
    WE ARE LIVING IN A AGE OF VIOLENCE AND SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED.

June 9, 2012 at 3:56 am | Report abuse |
    • jeff

Sky: Whats worse is some creep typing with their CAPS on. C U Next Tuesday...

June 9, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  41. bluidshay

Actually she DID say he was creepy at the end. I totally get where she's coming from, that she put herself in a potentially dangerous situation (and maybe more so, since she is a celebrity...can you imagine if John Hinckley won a charity auction to go to dinner with Jodie Foster? Yikes. However I do think it was very uncharitable for her to say that her date, specifically was creepy. Or maybe she said weird. At any rate, she could easily have kept it at the general level, talking about safety and compromising situtations, without hurting this guy's feelings on national TV.

June 8, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  42. Anderson

You people have reading comprehension. At no point did she say the date themselves was creepy; just that it was a creepy situation that she wont be putting herself in ever again.

How many of YOU would go sight/communication unseen on a date with someone. NONE. Get off your high horses.

June 7, 2012 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Danny

Hey miss spoiled, maybe the dude thought you were kind of freaky without photoshop. It ain't always about you honey pie!!!!

June 7, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Mitch

She should know, I heard she gets around.

June 7, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  45. HG

I would dare guess that most of us have been on one creepy date in their life. She should have just kept it to herself. It was for charity, and dinner with her was the prize. She agreed to it, so just suck it up. She doesn't have to go out with him again. Why try to embarass him on national tv? That was kind of low class for her to do.

June 7, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  46. jamesnyc

Charlize was a witness to domestic violence as a child. It's no wonder that she would be jittery in a blind date situation.

June 7, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ian

And so she volunteered for this why.........?

She's a grown woman. Particularly if she has some lingering fears, she should have never signed up for this.

June 8, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Cow Palace

Don't be so hard on the lady. Maybe the man had poor table manners. Maybe he was slurping, burping and staring at her b o0 bs.

June 7, 2012 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  48. Crys

How sad is that! She might be a good actress, but she came across as very cold and unapproachable in this interview. It's like she decided to play the victim without anything happening. The guy probably is thinking something like, "I donated to a charity for this date she volunteered to go on, and she's being very flighty and cold around me." Unlike her opinion, it's not just about her.

June 7, 2012 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  49. bfrv4ever

Fail!!

June 7, 2012 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  50. ron

Charlene, I am a great fan of yours but this time you need to check yourself. You volunteered for this full aware and expecting the good and bad. You got the bad but no harm no foul you are safe, not hurt so quit whining and blame your bad date on your decision to volunteer.

June 7, 2012 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Zedd

She had decided he was creepy well before she got there. If some male heartthrob had said something equivalent about a woman who donated to a charity to have dinner with him, you women would be screaming bloody murder. Further proof you want advantage, not equality.

June 7, 2012 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
    • um

So she's not allowed to ever say anything negative about anything? When did you become her manager?

June 12, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Caight

Big fan of this actress until I viewed this – she comes across as a shallow rich girl. No class. Thumbs down Charlize.

June 7, 2012 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  52. Central Scrutinizer

yeah, he probably wanted to hold her hand or eat dinner at the same table.

June 6, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  53. lisa

I think SHE'S creepy...

June 6, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  54. The Flamingo Kid

What a lack of tact this narcissistic woman showed in dissing this man on national television. She really needs to grow up.

June 6, 2012 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Wonder Woman

Boy are you all hard on her! Did you all go on that date with her? Guys CAN be creepy sometimes. Just because she did this for a good cause, doesn't mean she's just up there trashing a regular person. I believe her. He must have been a real creep. Lighten up on trashing the celebs. They're not all crazy, on drugs or whatever you all think.

June 6, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • mcp123

Yeah I seriously doubt she didn't have a security detail out with her in any case... so she probably was in NO danger whatsoever.

June 7, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trumpy

Seems she decided in advance that it was creepy and he may have actually been a totally normal person she was viewing through some "i expect to see a creep so I will" filter. People go on dates with people they barely, or even don't know, all the time. Thousands of times a day around the country, I'd wager. That she went from auctioning herself off for charity to "rich people can rape" because she had a single awkward date that she seemed pre-determined would be awkward...it is classless.

June 15, 2012 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Trumpy

Also, the girls can be the creepy ones, too, sometimes. God knows I've known a few of those...

June 15, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  56. GovScottWalker

B1mbo

June 6, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Coxlie

What a shock, she's a jerk. She volunteered to do something good and then goes on TV to trash the person who spent money to also do good.
    I never comment on these things, and only watched this particular one because she's such a turn off to me and for some reason I wanted additional confirmation. Thank you for giving that Charlize... will never spend one cent to see a movie with her name in the credits.

June 6, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • THE LIGHT

I totally agree with you! I did not think I would find anyone else who shared my views.

June 6, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pffft

Bullsh^# yeah you will. The next blockbuster movie she is in that people rave about, you will go and watch.

You may not tell people about it, but you'll watch it. What's the point of this anyways? You don't sound any better than she does.

"I don't like her and based off of a handle of interviews over the course of 15 years I know enough about her to know she's a terrible terrible person!"

Please. Talk about people that need to get over themselves......

June 29, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  58. gman

LOL – Anyone not in the industry is a crazy serial killer. Think she takes her popularity, and looks a little too seriously. Think I'd rather date a rock.

June 6, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |