Lifetime releases first photo from 'Liz & Dick'
June 5th, 2012

Lifetime releases first photo from 'Liz & Dick'

If a picture's worth a thousand words, Lifetime's likely hoping that the first still from "Liz & Dick" vouches for its casting.

The network began principal photography on Monday, and released the first official image from the film, although other unofficial photos have also been floating around.

The black-and-white still shows Lindsay Lohan as the late Elizabeth Taylor, styled to convey plenty of old Hollywood glamour. Kissing her neck in the aptly passionate photo is Grant Bowler of "True Blood," in character as Taylor's storied partner and sometimes co-star Richard Burton.

When Lifetime revealed its picks for Taylor and Burton's legendary love story, the network's executive VP of programming said Lohan is "one of the rare actresses who possesses the talent, beauty and intrigue to capture the spirit of such a provocative icon," although we know one outspoken media personality who strongly disagrees.

We know that being able to visually emulate Taylor isn't the same as being able to portray the person, but how does this image sway your opinion of Lohan in the starring role?

Filed under: Celebrities • Lindsay Lohan • movies

1. tesswilliams

Lindsay looks so beautiful– and I can't wait to see her in this production. I love everything she's been in, and to all you haters I say YOU'RE IDIOTS. She's brilliant and she is mesmerizing. What she has is priceless and so rare– She has that treasured commodity, "It", and she's got it in spades. All you boring no-talents just shut the hell up. You don't want to watch her movies? Fine, nobody's making you. Get off her back, you haven't any clue as to what her life is actually like or for that matter what she is actually like. You only know what a bunch of rag reporters have driveled on about any odd week they haven't otherwise written their miserable, requisite 300-word-excuses for articles. End of story.

September 13, 2012 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Giovanni

Posted on I'm going to suggest using wood putty too. Or, if you want to keep the mnyoeks, can you just chop off the handles and reattach them so they are facing the way you like?.-= Fanboy Wife s last blog .. =-.

August 13, 2012 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mary

Its really not so hard to mimic someone and then dress like them.. Color your hair like them.. And you appear to be them..Many comedians imitate and its hilarious because they actually look like them. Saturday night live is a perfect example of how that works..
    And shading and makeup and a few tricks.. It just works.
    so casting her was not necessarily " genius".. AS long as she carries the same basic facial and body structure and can act. Its sort of a no brainer..

June 9, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. cleareye1

This is an opportunity of a lifetime for Lindsay Lohan to play one of the most beautiful and talented women in film history. I hope she can manage it, she too is a beautiful woman. The talent must still be proven. Forget all the garbage, Taylor had plenty too.

June 9, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Karen

I think the picture is beautiful. I am not a fan of Ms Lohan but I do hope she has beaten all of her demons. She is so young to live the life she has up to this point.

I will watch it and I hope she does well. This may be her inspiration to keep her life on the straight path. Best of luck to her in the future.

June 9, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. margaret

she looks fantastic..this is her comback..lets hope she doesn't f this one up. this types are prone to f-ing up all the time.
    she has to maintain control and focus on what is right....she is/was a decent actress lets hope she grows up now.
    i feel she wil lbe a hit.

June 8, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sho Nuff

This picture doesn't look like Elizabeth Taylor or Lindsey...Especially not Lindsey. I don't believe she can pull this off, but I'll watch because I am curious.

June 7, 2012 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dawn

Wow. You are all incredibly cruel. I'm not a fan of Linsay's lifestyle nor do I really follow her career, but some day you will all screw up royally and probably don't need someone there to tell you you are trash.

June 6, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Flatsguide

Oh, but it does sound like you do follow Lohan's career. Might wanna up your medication dosage, Dawn, you sond very angry to anyone that doesn't like Lohan.

July 3, 2012 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  9. Madame Bouvier

This chickie looks nothing like Elizabeth Taylor. Aside from the fact that the great Liz had black hair and violet eyes, she was beautiful. Lindsey is not. I am sure they could have found someone better to play her.

June 6, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Big Richard

Lindsay, may I introduce you to Dick?

June 6, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Katherine

I would have chosen Megan Fox. She would need much less work done than lindsey. Poor choice.

June 6, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. juzmoi

uuuuuuuggggghhhhhh! now I need eye bleach!!!

June 6, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  13. cocodrille

photo still shown is mega retouched...Lohans teeth are in reality stained and not well shaped, so the smile alone is way whiter and prettier than hers. Sorry, the essence of Liz will not be depicted by Lohan. Agree, crap casting!

June 6, 2012 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Tony

You don't know what you're talking about. And you're stuck in old news. After the pics surfaced of Lindsay with stained teeth she got them done and fixed. Check facts before posting out your ass.

June 6, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  14. Big Richard

I'd like to put my big richard <======3 between her big bewbs ( o )( o )

June 6, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  15. Booo

This is a ploy for ratings. While I thought Lindsay was a fine actress before her troubles began, she is no Liz Taylor. However, I'm sure many will tune in hoping they'll have water cooler fodder the day after, discussing the train wreck of Lindsay as Liz. I may catch a replay on a bored afternoon. And lifetime is counting on those ratings.

June 6, 2012 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
  16. Loretta

These actors are like dressing up a garbage can and saying it is a house. Pleeze, this is crap casting!

June 5, 2012 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  17. jujubeans

I wanna see her in her Cleopatra outfit! Lilo could really fill it out!

June 5, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  18. JellyBean

What's up with the bruises on her leg?

June 5, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Lilo's Bush

Yea...they made me dye it especially after going through a thorough steam cleaning...lawd how mercy..the things she does to me...blahhhh

June 5, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  20. jujubeans

Make up does wonders. I wonder if they dyed her bush black.

June 5, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |