Adorable of the day: Elton John frets over Gaga
June 5th, 2012

Adorable of the day: Elton John frets over Gaga

It seems like Elton John is in total protector mode these days - of his own 17-month-old son, Zachary, and, it seems, world-touring rock stars.

The legendary British singer told The Guardian recently that he does sometimes worry about Lady Gaga’s health.

"She is frail, and she doesn't eat when she should, and she's a girl, and it's tougher for a girl," the 65-year-old said of his 26-year-old friend's grueling performance schedule. “She works really hard. She will be in Denmark one night and Saudi Arabia the next. I know how tiny she is and I do worry about her, yes."

Elton's no stranger to the rigors of show biz, but there are times, he said, when "I look at Gaga and I think, 'How does she do it?' I talk to her mom and dad about it. They worry."

The Grammy winner had to worry about himself on May 23, when he was hospitalized with a respiratory infection.

Now that he’s better, the singer is apparently setting his sights on expanding his family with partner David Furnish. The self-described only child told the newspaper, “I want [Zachary] to have a sibling so he has someone to be with. ... I think it’s difficult to be an only child, and to be an only child of someone famous."

And the fact that little Zachary has two dads is also a consideration.

“I know when he goes to school there’s going to be an awful lot of pressure, and I know he’s going to have people saying, ‘You don’t have a mummy,’” said the singer, who has been married since 2005. “It’s going to happen. We talked about it before we had him. I want someone to be at his side and back him up. We shall see.”

1. AAFDirector

Lady Gaga and Elton John are MANY centuries in class apart. Gaga HAs no class.

June 28, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lulu

"Bristol Palin has way more talent than Madonna or Gaga"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

June 7, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • smalltownkafka

Is there a reason, with this epic insight and sense of humor, you don't have your own wildly successful international career?

June 29, 2012 at 3:24 am | Report abuse |
  3. Oscar Pitchfork

Lady Gag-A is completely, 100% artificial from the songs she sings to the "impulse" crap she pulls to the way she looks. She is handled by financiers carefully watching the results of her previous media event and carefully crafting her looks, her music and every word that comes out of her mouth in every 'spontaneous' interview. Why? To sucker the totally mindless millions of young (and old) people that this country has an excess of into giving as much money as they can to the money machine that is Lady Gag.

June 7, 2012 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Edwardo

Gay 5ex is NOT dangerous. Hetero 5ex is NOTdangerous. Lezbeen 5ex is NOT dangerous. UNPROTECTED 5ex.. IS dangerous! Come on folks.. this isn't difficult.

June 7, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
    • smalltownkafka

So, since you know none of this for real, you must be trying to impress the anonymous with your deep inside knowledge. I'm betting, with people you actually know, impressing is quite hard.

June 29, 2012 at 3:26 am | Report abuse |
  4. MashaSobaka

How sweet of him to worry about her. Well, who's surprised? He's a pretty awesome guy.

June 7, 2012 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  5. Rod C. Venger

You should have thought about the welfare of Zachary BEFORE you jeopardized it ya moron.

June 7, 2012 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
    • smalltownkafka

Let's see. Is there a literacy problem here or do you just read what bolsters this wisdom of yours?

June 29, 2012 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  6. slickteigkc

yuck, she's a knock off mess, glad she is OVER, bye bye , stephanie, get a better life, not so crude, rude, gross, anti Christian, really get a better style, message out there and start over, do better, plzzzzz or leave us alone.

June 6, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • mckenzy

ahh... who asked for your opinion about her anyway? go back to listening to some middle of the road hack.

June 6, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • BT

What's wrong with being anti-Christian?

June 6, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • smalltownkafka

Since you're obviously biased and petty, try not to use the word "us," since this comment is obviously all about you. There is no us.

June 29, 2012 at 3:22 am | Report abuse |
  7. MD

Oh, boo hoo!

June 6, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • smalltownkafka

Wow, so strong and forceful. You must just live for shallow stories to show off on.

June 29, 2012 at 3:23 am | Report abuse |
  8. dawn

The main disadvantage I think the kid is going to have is having a father who is 65. While none of us know how long we will be here, it only stands to reason that you are much more likely to not be there for the kid if you are starting out at that age.

June 6, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Loki

Lady Gaga needs to take sobriety tips from Amy Winehouse.....

June 6, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  10. palintwit

@ Pretty Pretty... Actually, I AM a mental health care professional.

June 6, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. palintwit

@Pretty Pretty... Actually, I AM a mental health care professional.

June 6, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. kla

I read somewhere that Gaga is Zach's godmother.

June 6, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  13. Central Scrutinizer

Elton worries about Gaga? That's funny. they probly trade hair & makeup tips.

June 6, 2012 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  14. Booo

I agree. If the kids have anything nasty to say to his child, I'd say my father is Elton John. And what does your mum do?

June 6, 2012 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  15. slugbaitspace

Elton, when Zach first gets to school, the other kids will only care whether or not Zach is nice to play with. When he's older, I have a feeling that the parents of the other kids will expound the fact that this is the son of Elton Freakin' John, and that he should be treated like royalty...or at the very least, like any other kid who is nice to play with.

And considering the progress society has made recently, and the hopeful continued progress we will make by the time Zach is a teenager, he likely won't experience too many issues dealing with you and your partner.

With that said, everybody wants a kid brother. Go for it.

June 6, 2012 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
  16. El Ton

Elton is a 65 year old gay man. He should be worried about his own health.

June 5, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • svann

Gay isnt a dangerous lifestyle by itself. Its only when you have multiple partners that it gets dangerous.

June 6, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • ohbrother

65 years old is enough to worry about..............leave the gay part out..........they will get another child anyway.

June 6, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  17. Clete

I too worry about Lady Gaga. I'm always afraid she might show up where I'am at and ruin my day.

June 5, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  18. California Cutie

Eating is the least of her issues....she's an ugly mess. Modern day Madonna? I don't think so. Gaga is disgusting with no talent.

June 5, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • palintwit

I for one think Bristol Palin has way more talent than Madonna or Gaga. Give her a couple of more years and you'll see.

June 6, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pretty Pretty Pink Pony

Jeez. Talk about a "One Trick Pony." I should know...

Have you spoken to a Mental Health Care professional about your Palin obsession? It has gone from mildly annoying to "Seriously this jack-azz is STILL making Palin comments?!"

June 6, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Pretty Pretty

This coming from a guy named Pretty Pretty Pink Pony.

June 6, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |