June 4th, 2012

Brooke Hogan: I always wanted to get into wrestling

Brooke Hogan's new job sort of has her following in her father's footsteps, and she tells CNN that he wasn't thrilled about it at first.

Brooke, daughter of legendary wrestler Hulk Hogan, now manages the female division (a.k.a., "The Knockouts") of TNA's "Impact Wrestling" on Spike TV, she told CNN at the MTV Movie Awards Sunday.

"Secretly I always wanted to wrestle, even though I’m a total pansy," she said. "I cannot take a bump for the life of me, but I just saw the opportunity, and I was like 'why not,' you know, it’s temporary. I get to get in there and straighten a few things out, you know. I’m passionate about it, I’ve grown up in the business, and it’s fun."

Fun for her, sure, but for dad Hulk? Not exactly.

"My dad, my poor dad, I think I gave him a heart attack," Hogan said when the news was out. "I got a call from him and he was like 'Are you wrestling?' and I was like, 'No I’m not wrestling' ...so, he gets it now, [and] I think there’s a little bit of pride there, I think he’s a little bit proud."

Plus, she went on, "he knows how much I love it. I was always the one like 'Dad, show me how to do a body slam, show me how to do a leg drop,' you know?"

1. melissa vivienne westwood

vivienne westwood cufflinks
    melissa vivienne westwood http://www.ivgenergy.net/melissaviviennewestwood.html

November 19, 2013 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. here is another GOT YOU

care fone just -another fake
    money email we responded to...stage left...fake
    crashed computer–

anything else...

January 25, 2013 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Brooke is no power

brooke wants my husband.

January 25, 2013 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. dallas daniel hessler junior

BROOKE IS THE HIGHER POWER

January 25, 2013 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Brooke's Pants

@Bobby.....I'm sorry Bobby, daddy's already been there.....

June 25, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. CentaurLove

HAHAHAHA... Hogan was a terrible technical wrestler. His finishing move was a leg drop for crying out loud. But he did know how to work the crowd and had muscles upon muscles, which makes up 75% of pro wrestling.

June 21, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Bobby

I've always wanted to get into Brooke Hogan's pants.

June 13, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. lumberg48108

what is just mind numbing as this story is written as all if this is reality ... as if Hulk did not orchestrate to bring her into TNA (like he did not know?????????) and how her position is somehow a real executive position instead of a performer reading a script.-- who edits this thing?

June 7, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Spidey-Man

I was watching when she came out. Not thrilled. About as thrilled when Sting turned "management" over to Hogan. Figured it was only a matter of time before the kid(s) got involved. Free ride! Why not?

June 5, 2012 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  10. Envious Without Famous Dad to Get Me a Job

So the singing career didn't work out? Funny, I'm embarrassed to admit I watched several episodes of their reality show, but not once did she indicate she had any desire to get involved in wrestling. Makes sense though, what else is she going to do? Become a dental technician or a receptionist? Must be nice to be the daughter of someone famous in their field. Nepotism must rock.

June 5, 2012 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
  11. Molly

She looks like her dad......and thats not good
    Shes a man!!!