What's going on with 'Private Practice'?
June 1st, 2012

What's going on with 'Private Practice'?

“Private Practice” fans might be breathing into a paper bag right about now, because they've been hit with a one-two punch.

First, reports are flying that ABC's ordered only 13 episodes of the medical drama for the next season. And then to top it off, there are rumors that the show’s main star, Kate Walsh, could be on her way out.

Deadline reported on Walsh’s rumored potential exit Thursday as well as the abbreviated season, hinting that things aren’t looking too rosy for Shonda Rhimes' "Grey's Anatomy" spin-off.

Another one of "Private Practice's" stars, Tim Daly, has already announced that he won't return for the sixth season, and the verdict is still out on the rest of the cast.

While the network hasn't officially commented, E! Online cites anonymous ABC sources who insist that the buzz around the demise of Kate Walsh’s character, Dr. Addison Montgomery, is “speculative” and “premature."

Regardless of what happens, devotees can always catch Walsh at the movies. The 44-year-old actress is slated to appear opposite Emma Watson in “The Perks Of Being A Wallflower.”

The romantic film opens in September.

1. RezQyu

Abnormal this post is totaly unlerated to what I used to be looking google for, but it surely was once listed on the first page. I suppose your doing one thing right if Google likes you enough to position you at the first web page of a non related search.

August 10, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lisa

I never liked the way they had Addison's character bedhopping from one guy to the next nor her needy self absorbed characteristics. This season most of all with the exception of Cooper & his wife's segments it was a train wreck. The whole brainless baby thing with Ameila was just ridiculous. Violet and Pete's relationship saga gives me whip-lash and poor Sheldon...when are they going to give him anything of substance. I think the writer's attentions are definitely elsewhere b/c this season was the least thought out ever!

June 4, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. meplanner

What can I say, I like the show! I agree that Violet is a bit much and that the Sam suddenly being able to live with a baby concept is unrealistic. Where have his daughter and grandchild been? Charlotte has evolved the most as a character.

No matter what, I will miss the show. It has more to offer than Gray's Anatomy but I still watch that one too.

I suppose these shows, and Scandal, are my alternative to reality television. There's a place for TV that doesn't make you think.

June 4, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MaryinPA

This piece of garbage is still on the air?????

June 4, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Angie

Once the bedhopping started a few seasons back we were out....Let it go and make a show with just Coop & Charlotte.

June 4, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  6. Aud

They all look like zombies in this article picture, yuck. Every single one of them needs lipstick!

June 3, 2012 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. South Beach

"Scandal" is great, easily in my top 5. All the characters have become just annoying on "Private Practice" except for Charlotte. Violet I want to stick a sock in her mouth every time she opens it. I wouldn't miss it if canceled.

June 2, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tonya Dotson

I love this show and have from the beginning .. my favorite is Coop and his wife... His wife is the best on the show !!! She can be a B and she can b the most caring person.... She she be the star of the show .. Bye Kate ...

June 2, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Antonio

Posted on Dammit. I have long been convinced, for rnsaoes unknown to me, that Rumours' came out in 1975, the year that I was born. Kind of disappointed to realize I was wrong about that.Oh, well, I've still got Born to Run.'Love your discussion of the album, totally agreed. There are some great singles ( Dreams is pretty close to a perfect song for me), but put together it's greater than the sum of its parts.I love your music writing, I hope to see more of these!

August 11, 2012 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  9. CML

I had been wondering why I was still watching this show this season. Then came the episode where Amelia had her ultrasound - "I'm a neurosurgeon and my baby has no brain!!!" I laughed hysterically and immediately canceled my series recording on the DVR.

June 1, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. jj

i think shondras attention is on Scandal, it was evident this past season that it was a goner, Addisons shrink sessions and her need for a baby, her sam vs gorgeous ob doc, who cares about violet and pete? they are the most annoying couple, violet is so messed up and shes the shrink? then crazy amelias baby? the only heart felt one was with Cooper, Charlotte and Mason,,,and they dont ever know what to do with Sheldon............

June 1, 2012 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. rita

I think that the show would survive without her, the cast is solid enough to make it a good show once they get some good storlines going again

June 1, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Shirley Aamidor

Trash, trash, and more trash...

June 1, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Nonn

How can they do this????? The show is great and the dynamics of the characters are wonderful. Please reconsider dropping this show. Kate Walsh is good but the best is Charlotte....I would love to see them give her her own show!!

June 1, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. mukazzi

With Audra McDonald leaving (still sighing over the loss of this actress), I've never seen a more 'lost' cast. And now...since Addison has her baby, this show is over. Ironically, Sam barely talks about his grandchild but is so unnecessarily jealous that he's willing to bow down and kiss Addison's feet just to stay in her shadow (yep, shadow).

June 1, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  15. YMR

I didn't care for her character at all. The desperation and neediness part of her character trumped her role as a successful physician.

June 1, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Booo

I wouldn't mind them wrapping it up after this next season. I hate the new time slot. I like Scandal enough to fill the void.

June 1, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |