June 1st, 2012
11:25 AM ET
You may have noticed a slight panic around the Interwebs this week (OK, fine - more like a greater volume of frantic doomsday assumptions than usual) as some fretted that recent news events are all pointing toward an impending zombie apocalypse.
So for those who are currently preparing their bunker, we thought we'd take a moment and help you brush up on just what a zombie-fied world can look like.
And we know this, of course, thanks to movies.
Below you'll find our top five movies that you'd need to watch if you're personally concerned about your town becoming overrun with the "Walking Dead," so to speak. Maybe you should even take some notes. To the comments!
1. "Night of the Living Dead" (1968) - A no-brainer (um, no pun intended), but we can't talk about zombie movies without George A. Romero, can we?
2. "Dawn of the Dead" (1978) - There's also the more recent 2004 version, but we're sticking with Romero here. (See above.)
3. "Night of the Comet" (1984) - "It was the last thing on Earth they ever expected."
4. "Zombieland" (2009) - "Survival rule No. 17: Don't be a hero."
5. "28 Days Later" (2002) - "Your days are numbered."
From around the web
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.