Amy Winehouse's London home up for sale
May 31st, 2012

Amy Winehouse's London home up for sale

Ten months following Amy Winehouse's death, the late singer's family has decided to sell the London home in which she lived.

According to the U.K.'s Guardian, Winehouse's Camden Square apartment in northwest London is up for sale to the tune of £2.7 million, or $4.2 million.

A spokesperson for the family told The Sun that the decision was made with "great regret," but the family felt it would be inappropriate for any of them to move in.

Last July, Winehouse was found dead in the apartment at the age of 27, and mourners visited the address to pay tribute to the singer.

The property listing describes the residence as a "substantial and impressive three double bedroom, three reception room, semi-detached period villa with well-proportioned private front and rear gardens."

According to the listing, the home has "only changed hands once in 40 years," and has been upgraded with major renovations.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. We like too musterbait -- so!!

hahahaha

April 22, 2013 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Deb Tripe

ok

April 22, 2013 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Земельные участки

Heya i am for the primary time here. I found this board and I to find It really helpful & it helped me out much. I hope to offer one thing back and help others such as you aided me.

April 22, 2013 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. we like too musterbait....so

April 11, 2013 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. MetalNahabino

Нахабинские металлоконструкции занимаются изготовлением конструкций из металла и возведением металлических зданий. Ещё важным направлением является изготовление кованых изделий.
    Есть как типовые решения, так и эксклюзивные.
    Адрес: Московская область, Красногорский район, пгт Нахабино, ул. Институтская, 18.
    Телефон: 8 (495) 566-55-55

металлоконструкции

April 11, 2013 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. youpoorm

Thank you, I've just been searching for info approximately this subject for a long time and yours is the best I've came upon till now. But, what concerning the conclusion? Are you positive concerning the supply?|What i don't realize is if truth be told how you're not really a lot more well-liked than you may be now. You are so intelligent.

November 12, 2012 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  7. food order

Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts. After all I'll be subscribing to your feed and I am hoping you write once more soon!

November 5, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  8. Angela

Amy had an incredible talent. Unique songs that married the music of my parents with the contemporary. And a powerful voice with an edge like no other. The lyrics – rich and from the heart. Looks like a great house but I would prefer if it was used to help others with addictions in some way – if this is not practical I think maybe even for counselling for addiction. I hope Mitch rethinks it. However I believe Mitch loved Amy and is trying to pick up the pieces in the best way he can after the loss of his beautiful daughter. I cannot believe the lies and criticism thrown at him. He has been trying to turn a very painful situation around by setting up a charity etc. It seems like people kick you when you are down. But I pray for him and hope his visions come to pass. I think we should refrain from judging Amy- like in the gospels- let him who is without sin throw the first stone. We all need a saviour and I truly hope Amy 's last moments were with Jesus and that she is in His arms in heaven. Love you Amy, Rip

June 10, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  9. moscable

ООО "Предприятие "Амуркабель" предлагает продажу провода на территории Москвы и области с собственного склада. Надёжные поставки кабеля за несколько десятилетий деятельности компании создали положительную репутацию, гарантирующую бесперебойные поставки провода в строго оговоренные сроки.

ООО "Предприятие "Амуркабель" было организовано для реализации кабеля на территории Центрального Федерального Округа. На складе всегда находится достаточное количество продукции, а через менеджеров компании можно сделать заказ любой продукции различных марок и сечений.

Телефон: 8 (495) 737-33-63
    продажа кабеля в Москве

June 8, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  10. عقارات السودان

Nice post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful info specifically the final part :) I deal with such info much. I was looking for this particular information for a long time. Thanks and good luck.

June 4, 2012 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  11. Rick Springfield

What in the world is the new owner going to do with the 300 severed yak heads, 200 pounds of yak fries, and 1000 lbs of newt toenails.

June 3, 2012 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Keltie Scott.

Wouldn't want it. Imagine every year on the anniversary of her death, a ridiculous migration of fans, press, etc. wanting to lay flowers, light candles and in some cases, break in to be nearer to their hero... No thanks.

June 3, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick Springfield

No problem, just open up a florist shop and don't worry about the inventory.

June 3, 2012 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mary Jane

Does it come with a stocked bar?

June 3, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Arcangelw7

Pat, I want to know why you are not at the Bilderberg Meeting or even reporting on it? Why as a Christian, are you not standing up to this evil in this world with Prayers & Leadership, shining Gods light on their Darkness being executed in secret right now as the Global Agenda?

You should be rallying people peacefully to be there with the protesters and leading them in prayers for this world and Country, and binding up the Principalities and Powers of Darkness as they discuss our demise right in your own backyard. Why is there not even a whisper of this event coming from CNN and who do you really stand up for, the Globalists or God? Shame on you!

June 3, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Blah

Homes get sold all the time.

How is this news?

June 3, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Dino

I saw some of her last unsavory performances. They brought up questions. Why didn't someone pull her off stage? Why didn't she take more time off? I wonder if her band mates could see the end coming and put her under duress to perform to milk every last dollar they could get out of their last concerts.

June 3, 2012 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  17. queenbee10

Just went to check out the listing. Nice home (but nothing special) but it is amazing what would fetch less than 1 million in New York or chicago , and maybe around 300K in the midwest costs so much in London and is not even an individual home–and this price in a down market. Europeans need to wake up–their governments and economies continue to give them the shaft.

June 2, 2012 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  18. queenbee10

There's no crime in wanting money for the home but the reason given for selling is silly and disingenuous. It has nothing to do with "not being able to bear living in it and more to do with making money in as many ways as they can, while they can. Call it like it is.

June 2, 2012 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
    • michael

how the hell do you know the real reason. just another arrogant loser sticking your nose into anothers business. by the way where did you get your phycology degree

June 3, 2012 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  19. Nice Twins

Bangin drugged girls should be made a sport in the UK

June 1, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Yonker

She gave me hand for a swig of beer once

June 1, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  21. palintwit

If birthers and baggers had their own amusement park, their favorite ride would be the 1964 pick-up truck up on cement blocks.

June 1, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  22. erich2112x

It's haunted.

June 1, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  23. akinbowale

Reblogged this on BookRepublic.

June 1, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  24. Candace Kane

Very sad about Amy Winhouse she was a wonderful talent and so young. So sad for her parents. Rest In Peace Amy.

June 1, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  25. Claire

She actually did not write most of her music in this house, she only bought it in 2010. So, really it was her former apartments/houses in Camden that she wrote most of it. Still, can't imagine living in a place she died in...so sad. Loved her and her music...it lives on! RIP Amy

June 1, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  26. Mom-E

There is an old saying that would apply here quite nicely.."If you have nothing good, or productive to say..please, do not speak"..You make existence on earth more difficult that it already is! That said, may I say that Amy was quite the artist..I am also sorry when any young person dies..Though non of us will escape physical death, to leave after a good long life is expected..and when any young person dies it is a great sadness. For those rude, crass,and simply ignorant smart mouths..Be still with your lips..The next one could be You! One never knows what the next moment will bring..Shall we be sad for you and you family as well..I dare say we are sad for you now..as you live in such a state of stupidity..

June 1, 2012 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  27. Faith Conner

People can be so cruel.... RIP Amy

June 1, 2012 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  28. amy who?

who is amy WHINEhouse? sounds like another sleeze from uk... and what the hell is with the eye liner?

June 1, 2012 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  29. Zuri

I still love you Amy. Still by far one of the greatest. I think that home should be turned into your shrine. It's where you wrote some of the greatest songs..RIP

June 1, 2012 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
  30. Joseph Chukwu

Though i may not have known much of works, she was quite talented & pretty.

June 1, 2012 at 5:05 am | Report abuse |
  31. Joseph Smith

I think it's sad that anonimity brings out the worst in people. To speak so ill of the dead in a failed attempt at levity speaks only to an individuals lack of character and a damaged moral compass. Real love and compassion elude these people. Manufacturing apathy for the purpose of just being mean indicates how little respect you have for yourself. Tremendously low sef esteem I would bet. Your world must be very small, just like your brain and your wit... I love u Amy... Your presence here will continue to be greatly missed by many of us

June 1, 2012 at 4:55 am | Report abuse |
  32. Black Rose

Amy was a wonderfull artist. She battled her demons and loss (dependin on how u look at it). Another musical great long gone. Heaven has the best singers in it.

June 1, 2012 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
  33. Beverly guariglia

May god keep her safe in his arms she is and always be an angel of god.

June 1, 2012 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  34. corrina

May her soul rest in peace. he who is without sin, cast the first stone.

June 1, 2012 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  35. Em

I miss her and will always play her music she left for us. She was greatness and a beautiful person, inside and out. I hope she's in a better place, I hope she's somewhere and singing and happy.

June 1, 2012 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  36. edvhou812

Big Whoop.

June 1, 2012 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
  37. dx2718

Beautiful home...haunted by a talented singer. New owner should be prepared to hear eerie, but well-sung music at odd hours.

June 1, 2012 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  38. tjmartell

Vaughan Merrick road the coat tails of Amy to steal a Grammy!! He didn't deserve it, after all, Amy was the gifted one who did all the work on that album. Good thing he has MS and will be dead soon.

June 1, 2012 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  39. rob2tall

I am sad each time I hear the song about going to rehab-she was a very gifted singer and very beautiful outside and in.

June 1, 2012 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  40. jeff

Judging from the idiots on this site, the Aztecs were right.

June 1, 2012 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  41. ruby mtz

What kind of people are you to judge that beautiful amy & wow that voice. she is singing her lungs out in heaven!! if you have never sinned then throw that stone! if not shut the f.....ck up all you haters...you are more evil than you think!! rip my Amy jade winehouse :)

May 31, 2012 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  42. LeighVA

Very, very sad for this young woman's poor soul. I can't imagine what kind of pressures drove her to suicide. I imagine it wasn't just one thing that triggered it ~ not just drugs ~ it no doubt was a combination of things and outside forces. Being famous and in the limelight isn't everything it's cracked up to be. Never has been and never will be. May she be at peace.

May 31, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Mr. Hand

Amy's wine house.

May 31, 2012 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Pinebelt Bob

Well, she really doesn't need the house anymore . . .

May 31, 2012 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  45. vaun smith

I need alot of weapons and stealth cAmo.

May 31, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Stephanie

RIP Amy.

May 31, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  47. antonio

rude people on here. Wow so mature. Sorry for her lost. Her house is big as he'll. Lol. So ummm yeah. Bye:(

May 31, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Ruth A Mayer-Farella

Hello ! I am so sorry to hear that Amy Winehouse passed awat at age 27. I will talk to Jesus Christ (God) and I will pray for her in Heaven. She is very sweet girl and so cute. I missed her. ILY.

May 31, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Dan

She looked messed up and scary as a living drugged out wh0re, imagine what her ghost would be like.

May 31, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  50. RICK DA RULA

Whomever buys that house had better have it inspected first. I hear there may be crack...er i mean cracks...in the foundation.

May 31, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  51. azmexican24

I'm hungry

May 31, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  52. archie

let the dead stay dead

May 31, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  53. her dealer said......

look in the walls.

May 31, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Super kitty

Rude to say, LOSER

May 31, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  55. mr loser

i could just hope she left lots of drugs in the house

May 31, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Rachel

Sad. I just couldn't live in the place.

May 31, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |