You might be a sociopath if you don't like 'Snow White'
May 30th, 2012

You might be a sociopath if you don't like 'Snow White'

If you can't appreciate the "Snow White" story, Kristen Stewart's a little concerned.

The 22-year-old actress, who stars as the fair princess in this weekend's "Snow White and the Huntsman," told CNN that she can't imagine why someone wouldn't be able to enjoy the "Snow White" tale, seeing that it's lasted through generations.

"It's so completely fundamental I think you would have to be kind of a sociopath not to connect to the story," Stewart said. "It's about being good, it's about being a part of a whole and sort of valuing more than your looks."

That said, though, Stewart admitted she "didn't have a personal connection" with the classic fairy tale, which actually made her job a smidgen easier.

"I've been involved in adaptations that I have such absolute strong personal connections to that that pressure is not only from the outside but also from within," she said. "I think in this case, this was something that I was discovering for the first time, and that weight wasn't too heavy on my shoulders."

Stewart's "Snow White and the Huntsman" opens Friday.

« Previous entry
  1. Jimi

It's not that we don't like the story of Snow White, it's just you can't act...

June 14, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Dr_loomis

Not only can she not act but, in my opinion, Snow White was the hottest of all the Disney princesses and Kristen Stewart doesn't come close.

June 22, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  2. So let me get this straight...

... she says if you can't connect with "Snow White", you are a sociopath. When asked, though, she said that she never connected with it. By her definition, does this mean she is a sociopath? That's what I thought...

June 7, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  3. EarlGrayHot

What's wrong with this woman? What a stupid thing to say.

June 7, 2012 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  4. GeorgeBushSr

kirsten is one of those retard actresses that thinks because everyody hates her they actually like her, when in reality more people than not cant stand here pale droopy pessimistic shabby low end demeanor.

June 6, 2012 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. traffic seo marketing business socialnetwork

It's perfect time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy. I've read this publish and if I may just I want to counsel you some attention-grabbing things or advice. Maybe you could write subsequent articles regarding this article. I wish to read more things about it!

June 4, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. gah

unless you have some sort of medical degree or clinical experience, don't use words you don't understand.
    just makes you look as stupid as Tom Cruise did

June 3, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kristen Stewart

Okay, I'm not, like, a sociopath! I'm just, like, really beautiful and stuff. And, like, I wouldn't value anything over being beautiful. And, like, all you guys calling me a sociopath are just, like, jealous and stuff...

May 31, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve Jobs

You're not beautiful or talented. The cancerous growth they pulled from my pancreas had more talent than you.

May 31, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Steve Jobs

She would have never made the cut at Apple

May 31, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. cnnlicksit

Who cares what a 22 year old privileged brat who hasnt lived long enough or seen enough of the real world thinks?

May 31, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  10. michaelfury

"The Jonas Brothers are here. (Applause.) They’re out there somewhere. Sasha and Malia are huge fans. But, boys, don’t get any ideas. (Laughter.) I have two words for you — predator drones. (Laughter.) You will never see it coming. (Laughter.) You think I’m joking. (Laughter.)"

May 31, 2012 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  11. akinbowale

Reblogged this on BookRepublic.

May 31, 2012 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  12. and Rose Red

I've found it rather telling that most of the trailers I've seen for this movie do not feature any dialogue from Kirsten. BUt despite my very low opinion of her and her acting, I have to say the rest of the cast and the visuals have me very tempted to see the movie. I hope I won't be disappointed; I love fairytale adaptations and it's been a long time since I've seen a good one.

May 30, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  13. be quiet

Just when you thought she couldn't seem more unpleasant.

May 30, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mrs. M

So ... she admits she's "a kind of a sociopath." Every single time I read any article that quotes this girl, I think less of her. I don't see her appeal. She's not particularly attractive, which probably helps her get cast for parts. But, she's only mediocre at acting. The Twilight saga movies were going to be huge hits no matter who was cast.

May 30, 2012 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |